• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

Holy crap at that upgrade for Fuuka. I liked her as she was in persona 3, but that? Wow.

In other news, I'm still cleaning my backlog. Finishing watching mysterious girlfriend x and ano natsu de matteru. Won't start anything from this season before doing that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online - Episode 2

After all the impressions over the weekend, I was expecting like the worst episode of all time filled with retarded shit and crappy characters. Instead I got a pretty normal episode which delivers on the premise set early in the episode - "bunch of guys form a raid party to beat the boss". There was some pretty stylish animation too. Sure the beta tester persecution complex shit is dumb, but it's really just one guy, and he has a terrible design. He's probably supposed to be annoying anyway.

Not that bad. Will keep watching for now. Beats Accel World's loli-in-a-tub garbage.

Yes.... join usss.......

Branduil

Sword Art Online - Episode 2

After all the impressions over the weekend, I was expecting like the worst episode of all time filled with retarded shit and crappy characters. Instead I got a pretty normal episode which delivers on the premise set early in the episode - "bunch of guys form a raid party to beat the boss". There was some pretty stylish animation too. Sure the beta tester persecution complex shit is dumb, but it's really just one guy, and he has a terrible design. He's probably supposed to be annoying anyway.

Not that bad. Will keep watching for now. Beats Accel World's loli-in-a-tub garbage.

You've changed, duckroll.

DiGiKerot

I prefer Tea, but I actually end up drinking more coffee. This is mainly due to the fact that I only drink tea with milk, but drink coffee black, and the provisioning of milk during work hours.

Nafe

Neogaf seemed to be down for hours for me yet looking at this thread it seems like nothing happened. Weird... I was going to respond to these earlier so I'll do that now then get catched up with the thread.

I like the improved avatar Nafe.

Thank you! Someone actually helped me out with it and I thank them. It looks much more vibrant.

Speaking of the Christmas albums, Rika Fukami's "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" is the best version I've heard, mostly because somebody didn't tell them that the song is traditionally sung by the worst, most screechy vocalist you can find.

Yeah I like that song too. It might be the best of the Christmas ones from what I can remember. It certainly beats Kotono Mitsuishi's rendition of "When the Saints Come Marching In". I don't think her Usagi voice and singing really go together.

Sailor Moon 15

Rei <3 <3 <3

I also approve of this love for Rei.

I approve of Rei too.
Who doesn't?

As much as I promote my love for Rei and Minako I like all the girls. While I'm not as big of a fan of Chibiusa as Hitokage is, I still like her. I certainly don't hate her like most people seem to. :(

I don't disprove, but Makoto takes priority in my heart.

Assuming all the girls come back for the new project, I hope Makoto gets more screen time as she seemed to kind of get pushed to the back burner. Many times she felt more like a support cast rather than a main cast. :(

I would disprove of Usagi :p

I'll admit I found Usagi a bit annoying at the very beginning, mostly for the screaming and whining but I find she really grows over the series. All of the girls do really but Usagi the most.

Ok I think this is everything. Nitpick away!
This is what I have on DVD/BR not an entire list of what I have seen. Only what I actually have.

Big Long List of Anime

Wow! You have more anime than I have DVDs total! I think I only have nine anime (ten if your one of the ones that counts Advent Children) and I think 33 DVDs total. I don't own any Blu-Rays of anything at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
More like the unjustifiably expensive ones.
Isn't it about the experience or something? lol

Cool, I forgot they were making figurines based on Hajime Ueda's Bakemonogatari ending animation illustrations:
Ugh, in fig form, they look almost as bad as Serah's FF13-2 bikini outfit.

K-on!! 27

I need movie in my veins now.

No rice, no life.
You know, I wonder if purposely drawing "poorly" is a hard thing to do for animators who are properly trained.

Saki pic drama 2
So what is up with that school's coach? They touched on it a bit in the show, but kinda forgot about it.
Other than being the evil type of coach, they don't really say.

Marche90

ROBOT!

The best was clearly Maya.
Not a big fan of Aigis, appearance-wise, plus, her S.Link came so late in the game...

The only bad part about Maya is that she was the last one whom you met (in person), and this was when
the MC is already dying
. Otherwise, she would have been perfect. But, we don't live in a perfect world, so I normally defaulted to Fuuka when starting the romantic S.Links in P3FES and Portable.

And I concur. Yukari was kinda bitchy, and Mitsuru... uhm, I guess I just didn't totally liked her Dx

Aaaanyway, on-topic: Best anime to start this season? I'm only 3 episodes away from finishing Mysterious Girlfriend X and 1 of Ano Natsu, so I better pick up a good one.

P3 FES for PS2 has a few animated cutscenes and The Answer.
However, for the epilogue you get, the hours of going through the latter aren't worth it.

Well, P3 FES is on the PS3 now too.

The Answer really depends on how much you love the dungeon crawling and persona fusing part of the main game. If you love it, you wouldn't mind doing all that over and over again.

If not, youtube the cutscenes or something!

Kazzy

The p3 on ps3 has animated scenes? Didnt know if I should get it considering I only played p3p.

Yep, I really like P3P but I already had played FES so everything was already contextualized. The visual novel approach to the presentation works for the most part, but some bits just come across as a bit awkward in comparison.

And by animated, I meant that the you actually see the scenes being played out, but there is some actual animation at certain points.

And the added epilogue (The Answer) is worth playing, although I am without a doubt in the minority with that opinion.

The Heartfelt Cry section makes it all worthwhile for me, cheap AI and all.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I'm with you, Yukari was a bitch, and Mitsuru was just boring.

Smh.

Naruto Shippuuden - 250

l6RCI.png

Gai, you're such a badass.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can't believe that you bastards just made me read 300 posts of coffee vs. tea.

Cool, I forgot they were making figurines based on Hajime Ueda's Bakemonogatari ending animation illustrations:

Someone who keeps up with this stuff regularly: post here when they're available for preorder. I need these.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yeah I like that song too. It might be the best of the Christmas ones from what I can remember. It certainly beats Kotono Mitsuishi's rendition of "When the Saints Come Marching In". I don't think her Usagi voice and singing really go together.
This is true. She can sing, but staying in character tends to be at odds with that. The movie version of "I am Sailor Moon" has her singing in a more natural voice, though. Oh yeah, Emi Shinohara is no slouch either.

Pretty much the main thing that hurts the Christmas albums is the really cheap production and anime interludes. Not every album can be like R Symphonic Poem disc, I guess.

As much as I promote my love for Rei and Minako I like all the girls. While I'm not as big of a fan of Chibiusa as Hitokage is, I still like her. I certainly don't hate her like most people seem to. :(
Haha, I'm more anti-hate than a big fan, really. She gets unfairly dumped on by most everyone and it's sad to see. Especially so when it comes to discussing Supers and usually you hear it "sucks because Chibiusa" when Chibiusa really wasn't what held that series back.

Assuming all the girls come back for the new project, I hope Makoto gets more screen time as she seemed to kind of get pushed to the back burner. Many times she felt more like a support cast rather than a main cast. :(
Indeed, it's almost like the inverse of Minako's representation as they ran out of things to do with her.

I'll admit I found Usagi a bit annoying at the very beginning, mostly for the screaming and whining but I find she really grows over the series. All of the girls do really but Usagi the most.
Minus a regression at the beginning of Supers.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Neogaf seemed to be down for hours for me yet looking at this thread it seems like nothing happened. Weird... I was going to respond to these earlier so I'll do that now then get catched up with the thread.
Oh yeah, sometimes when the servers are acting up it'll send some people errors but not others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom