• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is though, it confirms what happens in the P3's ending.

Especially considering Margaret references where exactly Elizabeth has gone, once you battle her in P4. That's something that wouldn't really mean as much if you haven't played The Answer.

And I really liked the showdown with the rest of the team, even if Yukari infuriated me by initiating it all. I really felt sorry for Junpei and Koromaru though, they were the only ones who pretty much accepted things from the start.

Metis was a cool character. I thought the design of Aigis was overblown, but I oddly liked hers.

I guess after all that dungeon crawling I really didn't care about the story anymore when they finally got around to talking about it.

Metis is pretty cool. I really did like her design and kinda wish she was used more.

Finalow

First Jojo TV anime key visual from Ultra Jump: https://twitter.com/kars_52/status/225630899826462723/photo/1/large

The art looks reaaaaaaally weird...

qFHaN.jpg
it looks awful to me. ew

Milky Holmes 09
eN0Ah.gif

Extremely fun episode. Summon our ancestors for help! Flying statues! Enough time bending powers to make someone jealous. It has it all!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
kKnpA.gif

Slogan is: "You either love it or hate it."

Guess that was a bit too British.

It kind of goes against my policy to explain jokes but people were starting to cry so I felt bad

Andrew J.

kKnpA.gif

Slogan is: "You either love it or hate it."

Guess that was a bit too British.

It kind of goes against my policy to explain jokes but people were starting to cry so I felt bad

Now we just need an anime whose title can be abbreviated to something near "Vegemite" and our Aussie friends can get in on the spread-based puns too.

Ultimadrago

Mobile Suit Gumdam - The 08th MS Team 2

I'd like to bring up a note about the OP. I find it peculiar (in a positive sense) that it shows mecha from the main side being downed and having to be repaired rather than just them consistently shining without a single blemish. This is the first time I've seen this in an OP, but I doubt it's as uncommon as it seems to me.

As for the episode:

We are introduced to Master Chief Joshua, a no nonsense commander who keeps her operations well under control in preparation. She has a natural introduction, all in fashion with the militaristic setting.

After preparation, Commander Shiro gives a pep speech to his team. It is one based on survival rather than success. This goes to show that he cares about the survival of comrades as much or even more than pure results. I would like to see this taken to the test in future episodes. Hopefully, well done and not in an overly melodramatic presentation.

The first middle of this episode has Shiro proving to his team that he has what it takes to be a Mobile Suit Commander. He shows the heart, but his recklessness gets him into trouble (of course) and
gets lost and makes typical gripes about the personality of a couple of his teammates while looking for a place to rest from the heat
. He has to make growth somewhere!

Oh yeah, he also sees a
naked girl bathing in the water source he found,
but instead of screaming for five minutes, he is surprised for two seconds before just enjoying the view. I found myself preferring this course of action (though yes, it could be defined as creepy).

We also get some story on the girl from the first episode and hints on her family ties. It should make the inevitable future confrontation with Shrio interesting.

All together, a solid episode showcasing a couple of hurdles that Shiro has to face with his position. Hopefully, it all comes together to make his character even more likable by the end of it all. I look forward to more Mobile Suit action and character interactions next week!

Firemind

He made the obvious rookie mistake.
he forgot to hide in the bushes

What's up with next week though? Can't you guys just watch all of it nao?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Mobile Suit Gumdam - The 08th MS Team 2

As for the episode:

qwH5p.jpg

We are introduced to Master Chief Joshua, a no nonsense commander who keeps her operations well under control in preparation. She has a natural introduction, all in fashion with the militaristic setting.

That person is supposed to be a woman?

cajunator

Banned
WZoYU.jpg

Screw you duckroll this won't be good!

It will be MARVELOUS!

The consumer side of me wants that jacket. The sensible side of me doesn't want to go to jail. Decisions....

Revolutionary Girl Utena 2

Hey, a mascot!

Zettai unmei mokushiyami mokushiroku mokushikushimoshimokukumoshimoshikushikumo!

So the water fountain/stairs/bells ringing shots were stock footage, huh? Well, alright.

There's not much to say about this episode, really. It was basically a recap of what happened in the first one. Domestic violence, stairs, Utena being awesome, guy with red hair being impressed. The good stuff.

Welcome, on an incredible journey. Leave your brain at the door. Its safer.

who wouldn't want a yayoi cake?

I dont buy cakes like this because I would get a heartattack before eating it, not after.

Sora No Woto 3

The killer Japanese cold strikes again! Fortunately it was really only used as a gateway into some more character development and hints at the past. Also the episode was an excuse to play Amazing Grace as much as possible, but it's a very nice tune so I'm not complaining. Rio is the most developed character so far, with all the hints at stuff surrounding her, like the trouble with whatever religious organization that was, her father, the pendant, music, etc.

The Takemikazuchi booting up was pretty cool, can't wait to eventually see it in action.

That tank looks pretty badass in action. The soundtrack is really really beautiful.

Binbougami ga! 01

Where has this cartoon been all of my life?

Its amazing isn't it?? Binbo is purely fun. ANIME FUN.

Nafe

http://gigazine.net/news/20120718-awaodori-poster-2012/

http://i.imgur.com/URUpH.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nBWXT.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

That poster looks really nice! Irisviel! <3 Too bad about the 8000 yen price point though...

[quote="A Black Falcon, post: 39989237"]
IRC far predates MSN Messenger.
[/QUOTE]

I see. Has its popularity been pretty much constant and I just wasn't aware of/forgot about it? Did something with how it works change or just the increased popularity in social media sites like Facebook and Twitter led to a resurgence in popularity maybe?

[quote="wonzo, post: 39989655"][b]K-On!! 24 END[/b]
;______;

oh man, that was some truly emotional stuff. what a way to end the series.
[/QUOTE]

I was around a small group of friends who were a couple of grades above me for a little over half of my school life/career so when they graduated it was a very "mono no aware" moment for me. I can totally 100% relate with how Azusa felt during those episodes.

[quote="Mad Pierrot, post: 39991977"]Okay, I tried my hand at this:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/u06DB.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I feel bad for /XX/ when people don't respond to some of his posts :( I mean really, who [I]doesn't[/I] like /XX/? Most times though I'm maybe not familiar with some of the staff or there's nothing I feel I can really add to the specific conversation. Don't worry /XX/ I still read all of them! :)

[quote="cosmicblizzard, post: 39992326"][B]Rozen Maiden Traumend 5[/B]

Mailboxes are assholes.[/QUOTE]

I seem to remember this part where the really cool song [B]Bara no Jubai[/B] kicks in and they make HanaIchigo jumping up and getting the letter in the post slot like this really epic moment lol.

[quote="cajunator, post: 39993070"][B]Sailor Moon 18[/B]

Dolls. FUCK DOLLS.[/QUOTE]

Ah darn! I missed catching you before you watched this episode. I was going to tell you to pay attention to the doll monsters voice because it was voiced by Emi Shinohara who you'll hear later as Makoto/Sailor Jupiter. She also did the voice for that bat monster in Episode 6 (Ikuhara directed episode!) but I'm definitely lttp on that one.

A few of the seiyuu actually voice different characters. For example something you may or may not have picked up on is that Queen Beryl and Luna are voiced by the same person, Han Keiko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom