• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
Oh, there was an untranslated scene after the credits of the lastest Jinrui episode

http://youtu.be/_y3HcKMWE2U

VpyTy.jpg

All manga need moe

Well, shopkeeping was only a segment at the start before it becomes full blown character development/flashback time.

I'm starting to think this series is going to be them doing a different part time job each week and being a battle tournament is just one of those!

They should give each character at least two episodes, extend the series to have the second half occur in the winter and then battle tournament in the final two episodes. Well I guess that would be likely if other characters have backstories as deep as Liberta's was. Well thats what I would like.

jman2050

Yuru Yuri S2 4

Akari's invisibility powers are more powerful than one would think.

It was okay I guess. Not one of its stronger episodes.

They should give each character at least two episodes, extend the series to have the second half occur in the winter and then battle tournament in the final two episodes. Well I guess that would be likely if other characters have backstories as deep as Liberta's was. Well thats what I would like.

I really can't imagine dragging this series out any longer will do it any good.

Maybe I just don't the heart of the otome.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Yuru Yuri S1

Fun show, but the constant teasing really brings it down for me. Definitely enjoyed K-ON more when it comes to silly non-clubs.

Caesnd

Just finished the Macross special. I was completely enthralled by Ichiro Itano talking about his procedure in animation and planning cuts. Also, it's not only about the sense of speed, but you also feel the weight of the objects as they accelerate and decelerate, the force of air pressure and such. A 13 ton Valkyrie really feels like it, even through the screen and all. The man's a genius, and in a just world he would be involved in every aerial battle scene ever.

I was also very happy that they gave Kazutaka Miyatake a lot of screentime. He deserves it, probably even more so than Kawamori.

wonzo

Banned
OK, so I have a really free weekend coming up and it occurred to me that it's been a while since I've seen a new anime. I'm looking for an OVA or movie to watch this weekend. As you'll be able to tell really fast, I've been absent from anime for a long time. Don't laugh at my stone-age tastes!

Not really interested in a full-season series just due to time.

Favorites: Cowboy Bebop, Macross Plus, Ghost in the Shell (original and Innocence), Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, The Big O, Ninja Scroll, Highlander: The Search For Vengeance, Akira, Samurai Champloo.

Things I Like: Violence, gritty, dark, epic, high production values, a hand-drawn look, detailed art. That wave that hit the US in the late 80s/90s.

Things I Dislike: CGI look, huge eyes, day-glo colors, whining, you can probably guess the rest based on my favorites list. Not interested in Miyazaki right now, as I've seen most of his films.

Bonus: I have a soft spot for Gundam. Seen Wing, G Gundam, some of the original, tiny bit of Gundam X. Fave Gundam is 08th MS Team, any Gundam OVA/Movie type stuff I should be aware of? Stardust Memories looks superficially similar to 08th MS Team.

EDIT: Working on a MAL now.
GIANT ROBO: THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL, RIDING BEAN, BLACK LION DUB and BAOH: THE VISITOR DUB.

keep the change

wonzo

Banned
I agree. Do it someone!!!

Also, how come we don't have Anime Character of the year? Just wondering.
because we already have the greatest anime character ever made

vetti.jpg

Vetti Lunard Sforza de Roselait from Glass Fleet: The Legend of The Wind of The Universe

Kazzy

Forgot the movie, real fans (hipsters) are still watching the series.

K-ON 12

What a bizarre opening, but Mugi's eyebrows have always been a gag waiting to happen!

So, Yui becomes ill and puts the performance in jeopardy, talk about deja-vu. And I'm starting to think that Ui is showing signs of being a stalker towards her sister, dressing up as her is very freudian after all. Like Sawako, it seems she is having a similar trajectory of being introduced as hyper-compotent, before having the mask slip somewhat. I am hoping that they play with this more, as it seems kind of odd that is increasingly in awe of Yui, for it to just go unaddressed.

And maybe this is just because it's the first time I've been exposed to it, but I found the animation of the their mouth's during the performance to be really odd.

daGVh.jpg

K-ON! in microcosm.

K-ON 13

Can it really be classed as filler when more happens than in a regular episode? Between Mio trying to find inspiration, Mugi striking out in the world, and Ritsu facing a romantic crisis, Yui trying to create a marshmellow dish and Azusa looking after a kitten seem kind of humdrum in comparison.

I've always liked Ritsu, but its easy to for a character to be likeable when they assume the role of comedy relief, so like the earlier episode, its nice to see her getting a little serious once in a while. And finally, Mugi is at least getting some shine, however cursory.

vD2W1.jpg

Oh look, it's Yui Ritsu.

When I consider what the actual episode turned out to be, the intro is amazingly melancholy. It had a great tone about it, say what you will about K-ON!, but it can really elicit a response when it wants to. It reminds me of a similar reaction I had to the fireworks scene in an earlier episode, which I seem to remember similarly used its music to great effect.

Emitan

I was writing up my opinions of YuruYuri S2E4 but Firefox crashed ;~;

Ayano was adorable and poor Choco ;~;

Ahhh~ The rain is so comforting. Especially when sharing an umbrella with the girl you like ;)

EDIT: K-On! is better than YY, but I still fucking love this show.

Dresden

Only one work has ever 'ruined' something for me--Blood Meridian. I finished it, put the book down, stared at the wall for a bit, and then went out and killed some buffaloes.

Go_Ly_Dow

tari tari 4

remains a consistent and solid show.

wien saving the day and not giving a shit. another reason why he is the best character.

Reknoc

Smile Precure 1

Moe and action. This is like, the best of both worlds even if the clown house looked like some sort of reject Mother boss.

Taruranto

And if one doesn't I see no reason why he should even begin to watch the show.

Touchè.

Though personally i found the beginning at least interesting and tolerable with little suspension of disbelief. But when Kuroko suddenly managed to
literally become invisible and disappear in tin air
the mangaka literally dropped the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom