• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Tailenders

Nice little scifi racing romp in the vein of Redline although nowhere nearly as refined and afflicted with CG cars, this was pretty cool. Stylish, a nice twist to everything, and the racing itself was rather exciting which was the most important part of the endeavor. At 27 minutes, it's a low time investment as well.

6ca8ol.jpg

Kingdom 8
tumblr_m7mxcdxw7h1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty epic episode of comedy and suspense. Xin was pretty epic in his speech and was funny too. I love his personality. Diao, Bi, and Sei were good too. The history of the Kingdom world is pretty interesting. Ive been actually enjoy it even if its world building which I typically dont like to be too detailed. But the mountain people, the ancestors and the grudges they held while working together as to how it relates to how people in the current time want to change, and its effect on Sei and the simpler minded Xin, is compelling.

Shocked when
king of the mountain agreed!

Gintamen

It suppose to be 26 episodes. At the pace their going I question if they can tell the whole story in that amount of time.
You realize that the manga is still being released weekly? There is no full story there to be told, I'm pretty sure a second season will follow.

jbug617

Banned
You realize that the manga is still being released weekly? There is no full story there to be told, I'm pretty sure a second season will follow.

I think the manga main story (
As of right now they are at the Winter Cup final four
) is close to being done unless the author goes in another direction.

Taruranto

Kingdom 8
tumblr_m7mxcdxw7h1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Pretty epic episode of comedy and suspense. Xin was pretty epic in his speech and was funny too. I love his personality. Diao, Bi, and Sei were good too. The history of the Kingdom world is pretty interesting. Ive been actually enjoy it even if its world building which I typically dont like to be too detailed. But the mountain people, the ancestors and the grudges they held while working together as to how it relates to how people in the current time want to change, and its effect on Sei and the simpler minded Xin, is compelling.

Shocked when
king of the mountain agreed!

So you just copypaste the posts you make here on MAL? That's lazy, son!

By the way, does GAF have a MAL club or something like that? I'm curious to see what the average gaffer like. (other than Ponies and K-on, i mean)

So you just copypaste the posts you make here on MAL? That's lazy, son!

By the way, does GAF have a MAL club or something like that? I'm curious to see what the average gaffers like. (other than Ponies and K-on, i mean)

Well since Im like one of the few people watching there and I had to start the topic, might as well.

Articalys

1st 327 Azusa Nakano @ K-On!
1st 327 Ryuuka Shimizudani @ Saki
3rd 326 Tsumugi Kotobuki @ K-On!
4th 297 Yui Hirasawa @ K-On!
5th 264 Sanya V Litvyak @ Strike Witches
6th 225 Ringo @ Daily Lives Of High School Boys
7th 196 Asuha Tohara @ Astarotte's Toy!
8th 192 Airi Sena @ Mashiroiro Symphony ~The Colour Of Lovers~
9th 184 Hecate @ Shakugan No Shana
10th 181 Masamune Usami @ Mayo Chiki!
11th 179 Dantalian @ Dantalian No Shoka
12th 176 Natsumi Aizawa @ Natsuiro Kiseki
Looks like the Keion still has a fighting chance.

Space Adventure Cobra: The Movie

Holy shit, why haven't I watched this sooner? Osamu Dezaki directed this amazing gem from 1982. It's like a perfect sci-fi adventure movie. God damn.

The story starts off with a bounty hunter named Jane Flower catching Cobra's eye as she turns in a bounty. He decide he's interested in a fling with her and introduces himself courtesy of the huge bounty on his head. As it turns out, she's in danger herself and looks to Cobra for help. He reluctantly agrees and quickly finds himself in over his head yet sees it through to the finish as a matter of principle.

The movie is beautiful and totally revels in motion. There's rarely any usage of stills as there's nearly always something going on onscreen be it wildlife in the sky, flowing clouds, or other weather effects. Computer screens are rife with moving images and effects animation abounds. Even shots of the background are often layered so a pan of the camera creates a parallax effect that gives the movie a great depth.

Thank you for mentioning this. Just finished watching and really enjoyed it. Once every 6-12 months I end up finding one of these 80s - mid 90s gems that I haven't seen and brings me back to why I started watching in the first place. Mindless fun, quick moving, hand drawn goodness. Love the way faces were drawn back then.

Narag

Symphogear 4

Fuck yes, that was awesome. Great fight, story advancement, character development, and some fabulous music. There was even a cliffhangery awkward epilogue! Shame it took this long to get to something like this that probably won't be repeated until the end.

TxUpLl.png

They even fit in some schoolgirl bonding.

Narag

Thank you for mentioning this. Just finished watching and really enjoyed it. Once every 6-12 months I end up finding one of these 80s - mid 90s gems that I haven't seen and brings me back to why I started watching in the first place. Mindless fun, quick moving, hand drawn goodness. Love the way faces were drawn back then.

Glad you liked it!

Symphogear 4

Fuck yes, that was awesome. Great fight, story advancement, character development, and some fabulous music. There was even a cliffhangery awkward epilogue! Shame it took this long to get to something like this that probably won't be repeated until the end.

01354bd6.gif

That episode reminded me that the superior zwei wing character needed more screentime.

Taruranto

Fantastic Children 4

I like this Thoma guy. He's a simpleton, but he isn't obnoxious.
Anyway a lot of things going on in this series, immortal children,
ghosts
, reincarnation,
mysterious government organization
... definitely my kind of thing. I really want to see how everything will fit.

And i'm falling in love more and more with the OST, really atmospheric~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqFy9S_3L14

Thanks! I shall
stalk
befriend you on mal!

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Jin_uzuki

^Mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom