• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Arcana Famiglia 04

7JvzG.gif

Ew, girl cooties, get away.

This episode they became shopkeepers!

A decent episode. A little action, a little arcana powers but mostly flashbacks and character development. Yes, today was Liberta's time to shine and for everyone and Ms. Otome lead to see into his past and get to know him better!

Wasn't anything real special but it does look like we're going into guy of the week episodes now, so hop abroad the otome train!

I'm so glad I dropped this show.

duckroll

Kyoda did the writing and directing for the movie at least. So Bones is still to blame for the shitfest that is the movie. I also blame whoever did the writing for TM8. Both works had decent visuals, it was the directing and writing that are garbage in both.

Edit: Bones also did the animation production for both works as well. The movie at the very least is without a doubt, a Bones product.

Nope. Kinema Citrus did the animation production for the E7 movie and for TM8. BONES only did the production itself. Just like how Sunrise produced the Escaflowne movie, but it was animated by BONES. There's nothing to argue here. It's in the credits, and factually documented.

BONES helped Kinema Citrus get started as an animation studio, and the E7 movie was their first job. They even helped Kinema Citrus post recruitment notices for the movie during production on their site.

I don't disagree that BONES holds the "blame" since these are their ideas and their productions. But the works were not animated and produced in BONES studios. That much is a fact.

survivor

Banned
This is much better than the one I used before. Thanks

Arcana Famiglia 04

Ew, girl cooties, get away.

This episode they became shopkeepers!

A decent episode. A little action, a little arcana powers but mostly flashbacks and character development. Yes, today was Liberta's time to shine and for everyone and Ms. Otome lead to see into his past and get to know him better!

Wasn't anything real special but it does look like we're going into guy of the week episodes now, so hop abroad the otome train!
So in the second episode they chase a cat, and now they are shopkeepers? I feel much better about not watching this beyond the first episode

So in the second episode they chase a cat, and now they are shopkeepers? I feel much better about not watching this beyond the first episode

Well, shopkeeping was only a segment at the start before it becomes full blown character development/flashback time.

I'm starting to think this series is going to be them doing a different part time job each week and being a battle tournament is just one of those!

Gintamen

Honestly I havent watched it yet.
I hated Tales of Earthsea though.
At least you are honest. :] Than it will likely end in a Lupin evening, there is always some special/movie I haven't seen yet.

K-On Movie
Was and wasn't what I expected it to be, enjoyable nonetheless. Not really many scenes with them exploring London besides the one at the second or third day.

Jarmel

Banned
Nope. Kinema Citrus did the animation production for the E7 movie and for TM8. BONES only did the production itself. Just like how Sunrise produced the Escaflowne movie, but it was animated by BONES. There's nothing to argue here. It's in the credits, and factually documented.

BONES helped Kinema Citrus get started as an animation studio, and the E7 movie was their first job. They even helped Kinema Citrus post recruitment notices for the movie during production on their site.

I don't disagree that BONES holds the "blame" since these are their ideas and their productions. But the works were not animated and produced in BONES studios. That much is a fact.

The movie was their idea and I would consider Kyoda a Bones director. The failure of the movie is definitely on Bones as the issue with the movie was not primarily the visuals. Again I would say the movie was definitely Bones baby even if they had limited work on it. Alright so even if they didn't animate either works, the problem with both productions is directing and writing. So then we go to TM8 and what they did on that.

duckroll

The movie was their idea and I would consider Kyoda a Bones director. The failure of the movie is definitely on Bones as the issue with the movie was not primarily the visuals. Alright so even if they didn't animate either works, the problem with both productions is directing and writing. So then we go to TM8 and what they did on that.

Kyoda is not a BONES employee btw, he just works with them frequently. He worked on Ryoko's Case File and Evangelion 1.0 as well in the last few years. Both of which had nothing to do with BONES.

Jarmel

Banned
Kyoda is not a BONES employee btw, he just works with them frequently. He worked on Ryoko's Case File and Evangelion 1.0 as well in the last few years. Both of which had nothing to do with BONES.

A good chunk of his work is at BONES and his higher profile positions are there too. He might not be an official employee but for most purposes, I would say most people would state he primarily worked there.

cajunator

Banned
I would say thats the probable cause.
It brought awareness to hosoda and people are checking out his older works.
I want to witness the hosodapocalype for myself.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LOGH 10

It's quite notable how this show's able to effectively get across the socio-political nature of the Alliance and what role the war plays in society. This show really is gonna ruin every other anime I watch after this isn't it?

Everyone should watch this show. It's incredible.
Yes. I had a good long time of not watching anything after I finished LoGH.

Even if you've been spoilered... it's very worth the ride.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
YuruYuri 4

Really good episode with quite a few quick fire jokes. Won't say too much since I notice I'm the first to post about it and I don't want to spoil it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Was more a deep appreciation of the show and its characters.
A good sense of satisfaction where I didn't feel like watching anything else.
I was a tad exhausted. The entire show felt like there is a switch on the universe's control panel labeled CHAOS that doesn't get shut off for 100+ episodes.

cajunator

Banned
Well, Im off to hang out with a friend who happens to enjoy Fractale and horizon. Wanna know who buys those shows? There you go.
We're gonna watch Stellvia and sora no woto today though. He does occasionally watch good shows after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom