• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Oh what the hell.

With Spring over and no other shows worth latching on to my options are limited without defaulting back to chibi Sonic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Come on now!

They can certainly find better?
I guess, just like KyoAni, one has to go back to K-On.

You know, I've always kind of wondered if there was a 4chan thread dedicated to mocking us, but I suppose that there's not a lot that someone who identifies strongly with 4chan culture would find appealing in reading NeoGAF anyway. It's not that they don't hate us, but that they just don't know of our existence yet. Let's keep it that way.

I suppose that I should consider myself lucky that I don't know who Daryl or any of these other bitter humorless Colony Drop people are. My only real impression comes from their "WE ARE THE LAST THING STANDING BETWEEN TRUE OTAKUISM AND OBLIVION" circlejerk tumblr, and as they've shown willingness to repeatedly and knowingly take AnimeGAF quotes out of context to suit their purposes, go kick his ass if you see him. No, really!

Yes... someone who goes on 4chan would have difficulty fitting in here.

And oh what have I gotten myself into!?

jman2050

You know, I've always kind of wondered if there was a 4chan thread dedicated to mocking us, but I suppose that there's not a lot that someone who identifies strongly with 4chan culture would find appealing in reading NeoGAF anyway. It's not that they don't hate us, but that they just don't know of our existence yet. Let's keep it that way.

as far as I can tell /v/ definitely cares about NeoGAF, for obvious reasons. /a/ doesn't give a shit.

Ultimadrago

Wi7Xl.gif

ok so my problem with Upotte so far is that the Americans & Germans have an average 'stereotype' look but all the other girls design are just whatever.

/XX/

You are surrounded, man, and you don't even know it yet...

OH, FUCK! WE ARE SURROUNDED!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Katapan

Neo Member
So, uhh, is this actually claiming that Dusk Maiden sold less than 612 copies?

Nah, it means that we only have an early report for the week Dusk Maiden was released in, and it doesn't include that many titles besides the 'good' sellers. What's been published as of now has a fairly high threshold - 3,062 units for BDs and 839 for DVDs - so Dusk Maiden could've sold anything below that. We'll most likely find out how many BDs it sold when more numbers are published sometime later this week, though you shouldn't hold your breath for anything that might exceed 2k.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
ok so my problem with Upotte so far is that the Americans & Germans have an average 'stereotype' look but all the other girls design are just whatever.

What are the other stereotypes you wanted to see in the show? Haha. Most nations don't have widespread stereotypes like Germany or the USA.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You guys are so cute sometimes.

And apparently you'd rather be vaguely and insultingly dismissive than actually have something to say. Wanna reveal why that post is pushing your buttons?

Nah, it means that we only have an early report for the week Dusk Maiden was released in, and it doesn't include that many titles besides the 'good' sellers. What's been published as of now has a fairly high threshold - 3,062 units for BDs and 839 for DVDs - so Dusk Maiden could've sold anything below that. We'll most likely find out how many BDs it sold when more numbers are published sometime later this week, though you shouldn't hold your breath for anything that might exceed 2k.

Thanks, that's helpful. I was expecting a bomba for Dusk Maiden anyway, but falling below the Fractale line would just be tragic.

Jex

Wait, we all know ducky and this is even a question?! :< Every time he hypes a Bones show, he is committing a crime!
Poor ducky. Huhuhu~

The fact that you claim ducky reads Colony Drop even further damages the credibility of his list of people who you can listen to that was posted a few pages back!
Read and contributes too.

What are the other stereotypes you wanted to see in the show? Haha. Most nations don't have widespread stereotypes like Germany or the USA.
maybe not stereotype exactly but just more like their nationality.
even Aug and Eru you could guess but then you have Funco who just looks anime and Sig who I think looks like a stereotypical anime asian female. Something I thought Hetalia Axis Powers did well.

dumb thing to even care about though.

Jex

I still have absolutely no idea why he chokes her like that... it's one of the most confusing things about EoE, which I liked less than the TV season regardless.

Is there actually an explanation for what in the world was going on there?

If you had to spend any amount of time with Asuka you'd probably feel like choking her too.

jman2050

but that's the point of a KyoAni show

K-On! has more dirty doujins than all Shaft shows together.

Yeah, Shaftbros are at least honest about the fact that they like their female characters because they want to have sex with them. KyoAni fans need to hide behind the thinly veiled fake classy bullshit to feel better about themselves.

Jex

I am seeing quite a few juniors without avatars. I am going to be slightly confused about who you are until you get a face, so apologies in advance.
Man, Tsuritama dying is sad. Kimi to Boku dying is expected though. A mostly all boy's show is death in anime but probably would have killed if it was live action.

Also, you took out your tiers? :p

Look at those sales charts, it seems that everyone died. Tough times :(

Branduil

I am seeing quite a few juniors without avatars. I am going to be slightly confused about who you are until you get a face, so apologies in advance.

Look at those sales charts, it seems that everyone died. Tough times :(

Everyone has to save up their money for the Fate/Zero boxset.

Jex

An anime adaptation of shoujo manga Kami-sama Hajimemashita (Kamisama Kiss) has been announced.

Director: Akitaro Daichi (Fruits Basket; Now and Then, Here and There; Poyopoyo)
Character Designer: Junko Yamanaka (Detective Conan, Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)
Studio: TMS Entertainment
That sounds extremely shoujo, for reasons that don't need -
The boy is a deity? I guess that makes it even easier to make him absolutely perfect and amazing.
explaning.
YES. My hatred of anime comedy is great, but weirdly I tend to like funny things that Daichi directs. Furuba was an excellent adaptation, so fingers crossed for this one too!

It's interesting to see that Daicihi's career oscillates between working on Comedy and Shoujo, with an odd spat of brutal drama in the middle. What an interesting fellow.

An anime adaptation of shoujo manga Kami-sama Hajimemashita (Kamisama Kiss) has been announced.

Director: Akitaro Daichi (Fruits Basket; Now and Then, Here and There; Poyopoyo)
Character Designer: Junko Yamanaka (Detective Conan, Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple)
Studio: TMS Entertainment
Sounds like a magical boyfriend series, Haly should be pleased. Director has me interested, synopsis not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom