• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcf x2

I will look into it. I needed some none super serious buffers after watching Evangelion.

like Natsu no Arashi so far but I dislike the art, like its missing some depth.

Don't do it. RahXephon is among the worst shows I've ever seen, and I watched 15 or so episodes so it wasn't a case of quitting early. It was the LCD handheld to Evangelion's cartridge.

sonicmj1

Hi sonicmj1.

I'm the diary.

Dear Diary,

How could you tell Hitokage-sama all my secrets? I trusted you. Now she thinks I'm a bad person.

olMmZ.jpg

Look at you two together. Are you jealous of my love? How could you be so cruel?

I'm going to have to seriously reconsider our friendship.

Ultimadrago

3X3 EYES: Volume 01/02
Pai is my waifu~

Nice beefy write-up as usual Typo.

It's always good to see more freckles moe (Mei Shin).

I was going to ask about Yakumo's
eventual fondness of Pai, but it seems you already answered it! The way you type it seems that it takes the romantic approach immediately? So there's no middle ground where he wholeheartedly accepts being her servant/guardian? A little bowing there or something like that?

Jormungand has the problem that there is too much manga matertial for a 24 episodes show. The entire season one was rushed. 12 episodes for 6 volumes was a little too much.

fertygo

Don't do it. RahXephon is among the worst shows I've ever seen, and I watched 15 or so episodes so it wasn't a case of quitting early. It was the LCD handheld to Evangelion's cartridge.

You must hate all other BONES show then, because there's big portion of people that saying its the best show that BONES ever made :D

j/k, at the very least I can say with confidence Hemisphere (the OP) is great!

qcf x2

You must hate all other BONES show then, because there's big portion of people that saying its the best show that BONES ever made :D

j/k, at the very least I can say with confidence Hemisphere (the OP) is great!

They did Ouran, so I forgive them. The music in RahXephon was indeed good
as long as it wasn't coming from the mechas.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Toy advertisement reveals that there are more CureDecors in need of being collected.

Either way, it won't be any different from that Heartcatch episode in which Dune decides to use the Desert Devils against the Precure; it's basically the same set-up:
just as the enemy finally gets serious, the heroines gain a power-up that basically returns everything to the status quo, at least until the final arc.

Wow,
toy spoilers
. Amazing. lol

But I suppose that means more episodes of moeblob action. Although if it's meant for girls, are they still moeblobs?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Acchi Kocchi 10

Awesome episode, hahaha. That was the perfect balance between funny and kawaii. Mayoi's antics were amazing.

I was already laughing at the bear thing since the little dance Mayoi did when she tried to scare Tsumiki, but I lost it when they sent the teacher flying into school.

Qdoik.png

So, in all seriousness, do Japanese people just replace r's and l's whenever they like?

Of course most Japanese are terrible at English. To elaborate on what I meant, they've kind of incorporated their aural impressions of English into the framework of their native language, so when they try writing it they use either "l" or "r" as the fancy takes them, since it all sounds the same to them. A bastardized version of English has pretty much become part of Japanese these days.

It's just weird when they misspell words... then again, is loli an English word? lol

Lolicon is short for 'Lolita Complex' so loli is an abbreviation of an abbreviation of an English phrase. Loanwording gone completely insane, in essence.

The Loli referred to in fashion is not the same lolita as lolita complex

The Term 'Lolita'

In the context of fashion, the term 'Lolita' does not exclusively relate to sex. The usage of the word can be considered wasei-eigo or deriving from the female given name, 'Lolita' relating back to Japan's relations to Portugal. Early Japanese lolitas thought it meant something cute in Portuguese and therefore adopted the wasei-eigo term "lolita".

The fashion is thought to have been partly created to react against the growing exposure of the body and skin in modern society. Adherents fight this with modesty, presenting themselves as "cute" or "elegant" rather than "sexy"

In order to set myself up for Saki, I watched the first few eps of Akagi.

...and that seemed a bit meaningless haha, but it was a cool distinction.

Anyhow, I can see why Saki got a fanbase.

lolis, zettai ryouiki, short skirts, yuri, balloon boobs.... and some high speed mahjong with yugioh style score counter.

that dead cat thing on that loli is fucking freaky shit. why must it emote and shit o_O.

I was going to ask about Yakumo's
eventual fondness of Pai, but it seems you already answered it! The way you type it seems that it takes the romantic approach immediately? So there's no middle ground where he wholeheartedly accepts being her servant/guardian? A little bowing there or something like that?
Yeah, it was a little weird.
The only real moment I can recall before the sudden shift in gears was he commented how she looked cute in the first episode when she got cleaned up. Other than that, there was nothing to suggest he felt anything for Pai, and he treated her condition as more of a task to accomplish. In fact, the female friend of his in episode 2 seemed poised to be his romantic interest, so I thought it would be a rather platonic relationship. NOPE.

Nothing even touching on the Wu/Sanjiyan relationship at all, at this point. The Sanjiyan will verbally attack Yakumo in a fight for being weak or doing something foolish, but that's about it. It could easily be a rather interesting dynamic between his feelings for Pai, having to cope with his position in this situation, and whether she shares the same views on the Wu/Master relationship as the Sanjiyan, but nothing yet.
: (

I may not post often, but I try to condense my lack of regular posting into larger posts! I'm in the top 10 post count in my mind.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
щ(゚Д゚щ)

I refuse to let a certain hacker group ruin the phrase for me!

but they are comical exaggerations of the seven sins
its not THAT crazy for Lust to have extreme boobage

Comical exaggerations? I don't see that at all. They're representations, but nothing about their characters are meant to be amusing. Even the dull-witted and childlike Gluttony is incredibly terrifying when you discover that he's a cannibalistic omnivore.

I nearly dropped my monocle!

The most compelling argument yet for the need for moe bridges to be a thing.

like Natsu no Arashi so far but I dislike the art, like its missing some depth.

Keep in mind that it was basically animated using napkins and crayons! If there's a more low-budget SHAFT show, I can't think of it.

Maybe Maria+Holic Alive.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Absolutely. What else do you think the characters in Hetalia are?
What is the audience for Hetalia? I have no idea.
But I don't know if little girls go all "hnnng" for Yayoi like the people in here. I assume they just think she's ditzy and laugh at her.

Keep in mind that it was basically animated using napkins and crayons! If there's a more low-budget SHAFT show, I can't think of it.

Maybe Maria+Holic Alive.
Damn son! SDBurton is coming for you.

But yeah, they did 2 cours with what little they had and while it looks rough at times, it's more than made up for by everything else.

New anime-related games sales for last week, courtesy of Media Create

04./00. [PS3] Robotics;Notes # <ADV> (5pb.) {2012.06.28} (¥7.140) - 54.753 / NEW
09./00. [PS3] .hack: Sekai no Mukou ni + Versus - Hybrid Pack # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.06.28} (¥7.140) - 17.446 / NEW
10./00. [PS3] The Idolmaster Anime&G4U! Vol.9 <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.06.28} (¥9.980) - 16.139 / NEW
12./00. [360] Robotics;Notes # <ADV> (5pb.) {2012.06.28} (¥7.140) - 14.908 / NEW
18./00. [PSP] Strike Witches: Shirogane no Tsubasa # <STG> (Kadokawa Shoten) {2012.06.28} (¥6.279) - 6.698 / NEW

The big news here is that apparently at least 14,908 people own Xbox 360 in Japan.

Kingdom 5 - The First 7 Minutes END

And thus ends the short lived journey of Xin, fatally struck down by someone far more combat ready than he could ever hope to be. I didn't bother watching past this but I'm sure the mountain clan boy/girl and Qin Shi Huang also died thus forever changing Chinese history as we know it.

http://i.minus.com/iP2spCH5AwOwq.gif
http://i.minus.com/i5wkMgndghhHF.gif
http://i.minus.com/iV03lSALVoxa9.gif

Making the gifs so I don't ever have to watch this. I salute you, while I want to close my eyes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Moyashimon

Everybody should watch this! especially in this hectic summer, the new season might be among the few thing that worth to watch.
If you need extra motivation...

vODhGl.jpg

Its a lot more to see than what the poster suggest!

Wait are
the two people in this screenshot guys? Or is one of them a girl?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Damn son! SDBurton is coming for you.

But yeah, they did 2 cours with what little they had and while it looks rough at times, it's more than made up for by everything else.

Hey man, I've had to face his slings and arrows over my opinion of Maria+Holic before; I'm used to it by now!

Wait are
the two people in this screenshot guys? Or is one of them a girl?

Just watch. I want to see your reaction when you witness the true nature of the scene, completely unspoiled.

Don't you remember the times when THE IDOLM@STER games (for example) were exclusives? On the other hand, if you would have said "still own"...

Yeah, I wasn't being very clear there. It was sales of Robotics;Notes on 360 so I was talking about ownership right this moment.

As for IM@S, I would imagine most JP 360 owners probably had to keep their 360s even after the PS3 version of IM@S 2 was released because of how much they spent on DLC which can't be transferred between platforms.

Go_Ly_Dow

[Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood] - 18

Of course, this is a pretty good episode on a number of levels (especially the animation) however one particular moment had me puzzled. Why, towards the climactic finale with a very dangerous opponent would you include this and completely undercut the tension from the scene:

bd2181c1192969e3afbd1da919b43652.gif

Why?

duh, it's in her name. just one of her powers, of seduction!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Lupin the Third - Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna 9

Utter nonsense.

Fujiko is such a resolute person! She knows exactly what she wants and how to get it without any trouble... Until she watches some random girl who was mistreated like her on TV. Then, well, she freaking loses her mind and starts chasing her like a bull out of control trying to "killer herself". And then she actually pulls the trigger on a gun against her own head. Wow.

I have a feeling catching up on this will cause me a lot of pain.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Damn. Mind...semi full of WTF.

You guys are into Japanese anime (and/or possibly other forms of Japanese entertainment), and you've never heard of Lolita fashion?

583.jpg

Baby_MG_9067_big.jpg

Even if you walk into a Kinokuniya and take a look at the magazine rack this shit is everywhere.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
In true anime fashion, consummating our relationship involves sucking on each other's fingers!

Guys, guys, save this talk for the wedding night. I'm getting a little hot and bothered here.

tumblr_m3h8jsOXxH1r7exsgo1_400.gif

I have my eyes on you MP!

Hey, I'm not the one implying that low-budget animation = bad! If you're flipping tables, you're the one subconsciously making that association and maybe you need to reevaluate what you truly think about M+H deep in your heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom