• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

I was terrified the first time that I popped my EoE DVD in. I never thought that a DVD menu could result in my feeling extremely ill at ease upon hearing Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring for the rest of my life, but it did.

I already hate it because of weddings, but still.

That avatar makes it impossible to believe you can hate anything.

Kyon is a huge jerk.

Which is why he's perfect for Haruhi.

Kyon is a huge jerk.
irISSsNypPhyp.jpg

Gundam 08th MS Team 01

Okay, it starts out really mediocre, and we've all seen something similar done in the Gundam franchise. I like the animations, makes me so nostalgic of 90s anime.

Gundam 08th MS Team 02

Holy shit this was good! The battle in the jungle was done really well, had suspense in it. I love the cockpits of their mobile suits.

BTW, first time I see female breasts being displayed in a Gundam show lol!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There's never a good excuse for marathoning Star Driver. I can only imagine how bad the repetitiveness would become if you watched it by that method.

I think you've forgotten my infinite tolerance for mahou shoujo shounen tropes. I'll probably be fine!

Awwww yeeeeaaah. It's kinda sad but I still make these to this day on another forum.

I like to think I've improved a little over the years.

B)

Good stuff. GAF hasn't conditioned me to reflexively hate signatures, and I still see the appeal of spreading one's gfx peacock feathers elsewhere on the internet.

I'm lazy and just use my trophy card as my signature on other forums that I frequent, hahah.

That avatar makes it impossible to believe you can hate anything.

Just wait until I get off my Precure avatar kick and back on my Eccentric Insane Villain avatar kick.

Gundam 08th MS Team 01

Okay, it starts out really mediocre, and we've all seen something similar done in the Gundam franchise. I like the animations, makes me so nostalgic of 90s anime.

Gundam 08th MS Team 02

Holy shit this was good! The battle in the jungle was done really well, had suspense in it. I love the cockpits of their mobile suits.

BTW, first time I see female breasts being displayed in a Gundam show lol!

I want this show on BD so bad it kills. A few months ago I rewatched it for the first time in six years and it's pretty much everything I love about that era of anime.

Got back to watching Z Gundam for the first time too. Man, Kamille is the best Gundam main character ever.

He cries over everything. He gets mad when people say hello. He
falls in love with every single woman he meets

His reasoning for piloting the Gundam is amazing too.
YOU MADE FROM OF MY GIRLY NAME AAAGGHHH I'M GONNA KILL YOU WITH A GIANT ROBOT

I love this show way too much.

Jex

Gundam 08th MS Team 01

Well, the script and the scenario for the first episode aren't particularly interesting but I think it does something which the majority of other works fail to do: make a suit battle in space interesting. In other shows combat in space ends up being just like combat in the air, except with a different background where as in 08th MS Team they actually work out a way to portray it that's actually exciting.

I want this show on BD so bad it kills. A few months ago I rewatched it for the first time in six years and it's pretty much everything I love about that era of anime.

Got back to watching Z Gundam for the first time too. Man, Kamille is the best Gundam main character ever.

He cries over everything. He gets mad when people say hello. He
falls in love with every single woman he meets

His reasoning for piloting the Gundam is amazing too.
YOU MADE FROM OF MY GIRLY NAME AAAGGHHH I'M GONNA KILL YOU WITH A GIANT ROBOT

I love this show way too much.

I still have to watch Z Gundam. Indeed, 08 MS Team needs a Blu release! They should go back and make a Gundam series like this, its one of the reasons I dont wanna watch Gundam Age.

Well, the script and the scenario for the first episode aren't particularly interesting but I think it does something which the majority of other works fail to do: make a suit battle in space interesting. In other shows combat in space ends up being just like combat in the air, except with a different background where as in 08th MS Team they actually work out a way to portray it that's actually exciting.

I agree, I have to give it to them, the space battle was actually cool.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is like, the opposite of a good idea.

I... I am fairly certain top left is Sonic.

wonzo

Banned
remember that anime about the console war between Sega and Nintendo?

S5YpG.jpg

I think I can recognize a few.
The story re-imagines the real-life console wars as a fantasy tale — the Segua Kingdom is locked in an age-old war with the Ninterudo Empire for dominance of the land of Consume. Segua now finds itself on the defensive, but an unlikely hero has risen in the form of Gear, a boy who brags about his breakneck speed. Gear helps turn the tide of the war.​

Well, I guess that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom