• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Sengoku Collection - Episode 23

It finally happened. The line between insanity and genius has been crossed without any doubt whatsoever. Brains Base has shown that even with the most disgusting of commercial properties, without a single iota of artistic or creative value, it can be adapted into a piece of actual art if you can think out of the box. I'm not sure what actual purpose there is in proving this point though, other than being able to live with themselves as creators being forced to work on this vile property, but it should still be respected that they managed to do this.

This episode is about a young Amago Tsunehisa who transfers into a day care center. Her ambition to build a giant sand castle in the sand box will turn into a full scale... day care war ala Romance of the Three Kingdoms. The entire episodes is directed like a historical documentary complete with a narrator reporting the facts. It's like an episode of Legend of Galactic Heroes, but with preschoolers instead. Also, the art rocks. All I can say is... Brains Base... :bow

2SWWq.jpg

Pw1VJ.jpg

jman2050

Sword Art Online 10

This surely lived up to the hype generated from the last episode!

...for about five minutes or so. Then things got boring. Then stupid. Then stupider.

Asuna and Kirito have no chemistry together. Their entire relationship is just sort of there and it suuuuuuucks.

Heathcliff is a badass at least.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 23

Good mix of flashbacks to go with the game. It seems this game will be more about
developing Kise as a character.
Aomine is a monster and his smile is extremely creepy. The music in the series have been a good surprise.

I hope they do more, I just want to see more of their past and this is a good start. (twenty two point five-ith?)

I believe the manga had 2 tip offs about Kuroko and the GOM in middle school. Can't wait to see which one they choose to do first.

Kokoro Connect 10 was really good!
Watching the ice queen finally break was really satisfying. I feel like the baka-5 have all solified their friendship to something extremely strong... I kind of imagine heartseed will have no choice now then to go after things they care about now for reactions. I feel like this is the calm before the storm. I'm I the only one holding out for a Taichi harem ending? Yes? No... maybe?

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 10

This surely lived up to the hype generated from the last episode!

...for about five minutes or so. Then things got boring. Then stupid. Then stupider.

Asuna and Kirito have no chemistry together. Their entire relationship is just sort of there and it suuuuuuucks.

Heathcliff is a badass at least.

Yeah I notice that. The relationship doesnt feel genuine. Its not like Star WArs episode 2 bad, but its pretty meh.

Thoraxes

Kokoro Connect - 10

Two things:

1.) The
melodrama
was convincing and well done (acting-wise I mean), IMO.
2.)
Gap-moe
continues to hospitalize me.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah I notice that. The relationship doesnt feel genuine. Its not like Star WArs episode 2 bad, but its pretty meh.

Their relationship makes sense in the sense that they pretty much needed affirmation on living on rather than dying. They have pretty crappy backgrounds in a way and they just take care of each other as a result. The LN does a better job of why they're together than the anime does. Not that the LN does it justice in the first place, lol.

idolmaster 18

Ritsuko <3

Something i noticed... why no mics of any sorts on the idols? At leas pretend you aren't lipsyncing :)

btw: I need producer-san being a temp idol. PURRESE.

cajunator

Banned
Their relationship makes sense in the sense that they pretty much needed affirmation on living on rather than dying. They have pretty crappy backgrounds in a way and they just take care of each other as a result. The LN does a better job of why they're together than the anime does. Not that the LN does it justice in the first place, lol.

I'm pretty sure its just because Asuna sucks.
That's the likely reason.

jbug617

Banned
Oh man this series... I'm gonna have to work up some serious spare time and a dig deep to find it again. I stopped at around episode 4... does this become awesome or does it remain formulaic?

There is a formula is that game usually take 2-3 episodes for 1 game. Other than that the series has been great and it only has 2 more episodes to go before the season is over. I like he characters and they all interact with each other pretty well.

They need to announce the second season already, according to the charts the manga, music and bluray/dvd are selling great. I would like someone to license it also.

Articalys

Sword Art Online 10

...I guess I'm the only one here who liked it? It was one of the episodes I was looking forward to after reading the LN.
I was curious to see how they'd animate some of the stuff, and they more or less did a good enough job, though a few lines were absent/changed around, as usual. Well, I guess I knew they'd have to tone down the Kirito/Asuna stuff at the end.

Ah, whatever. The next couple episodes should be interesting too.

It stays pretty awesome the whole time, since teams have such creative characters with usually mindblowing skills/technique.

There is a formula is that game usually take 2-3 episodes for 1 game. Other than that the series has been great and it only has 2 more episodes to go before the season is over. I like he characters and they all interact with each other pretty well.

They need to announce the second season already, according to the charts the manga, music and bluray/dvd are selling great.

jman2050

Okay fine guys, you win. Mad, duckroll, I give.

Sengoku Collection 23

This episode is brilliant and it's a shame the rest of the show isn't this fun to watch.

Especially that ending.

duckroll

Sword Art Online - Episode 10

This show is getting really good. The best way to enjoy the show is to drop all pretense of hatewatch or anything like that and just sit back and let it do what it does best - entertain. Ever since they returned to the "main story" the production values have really increased quite a bit. The action is smooth and well directed, the key moments are foreshadowed well, there are a lot of good layouts and even though the story is cheesy as hell, it always feels satisfying in a comfort food way. You know the hero is going to win, but it's still kinda exciting when the show puts the characters in dangerous situations. Shit, I feel like a retired housewife watching soap operas now. Lol.

My favorite part of the episode was
SHINING FINGERRRRRRRRRRR!
Roflmao. Sogood.gif

To distract you from the fact that you should actually be questioning why Shibata Katsuie is female in the first place.

LOL... I suppose it's like asking "Why is there a dead fly in my poisoned soup"? I guess I'll just believe that whatever is making her a female is also responsible for her jiggling brest deforming metal in realtime :/ It'll be easier this way.

Grrr... The revelation about SAO
being in the same universe (along with people's post constantly relating the two) as
Accel World is giving me a complex!

It's like taking premium icecream and then pouring hot girl piss over it! I mean... sure I still find it appealing but I'm not convinced they were ever meant to be enjoyed together :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's like taking premium icecream and then pouring hot girl piss over it! I mean... sure I still find it appealing but I'm not convinced they were ever meant to be enjoyed together :(
Yes, it is exactly like that.

Kuroko's Basketball 23
tumblr_ma1s8f32ob1qme84wo1_500.jpg

They need to release all of these in some fanbook or something, or wallpapers. Second favorite, they just need Kagami, and Midorima, and Takao to have all my favorites on one.

Why couldnt they show two episodes back to back. This is one of those times where other sports anime could learn from this and manage to make their matches that dont involve the protagonists just as good as main ones. The first eleven minutes of the episode was so intense and gripping, Kise v Aominecchi was so epic. Kise isnt a favorite for nothing. The best GoM.
(that "hug") Copying and taking other skills, and then when he stopped Aominecchi and not only that but blocked him too mid air with that high jump!!! And then second half with Aominecchi on the counterattack. Kise has to still have some trick.
. We need the next one now. (and more Sakurai screentime)

Also liked Kise's origin story hope we get even more and the music during this episode sounded amazing. They need to give the soundtrack as the song that was close to end with Kise as well as during the game are some of my favorites.

Speaking of SAO, I'm pretty disappointed that they kinda forgot about the whole ' real face' thing.

I'm not one to generalize but the audience at that arena don't look like your mmo crowd.

Neither does that ax guy.

Btw was this game an international release? The variety of skin and hair colors is... Questionable.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Grrr... The revelation about SAO
being in the same universe (along with people's post constantly relating the two) as
Accel World is giving me a complex!

Today, we learned something very personal about yn-neko hates a cat.

I think you mean, why wasn't she female all along, right?

This is a question that does not merely concern Oda Nobuna no Yabou but all of life in general.

Sword Art Online 10

Unlike most others here, I though this was a really good episode. Although the adaptation of this particular portion of the LN wasn't entirely faithful, it still managed to properly portray all of it's best elements. These last few episodes have been quite interesting and exciting, and a marked improvement over the majority of those that came before.

The
duel with Heathcliff
was, despite it's brevity, quite satisfying. The animation of the fight was particularly impressive, and was benefited considerably by the excellent direction.

Although certainly a bit rushed, the Asuna x Kirito development is still great,
progressing much further with the kiss toward the end, the implied sex, and, of course, the marriage proposal.
Asuna remains best girl easily.

The next episode or two should be quite good, since
Yui
, one of the best characters, makes her first appearance.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Speaking of SAO, I'm pretty disappointed that they kinda forgot about the whole ' real face' thing.

I'm not one to generalize but the audience at that arena don't look like your mmo crowd.

Btw was this game an international release? The variety of skin and hair colors is... Questionable.

I'm pretty sure this was a Japan only release.

DiGiKerot

It also looked a little crowded given how many people are supposedly left alive in the game - NPCs?

(The number of cute girls playing the game seems to go up on a week by week basis, especially compared to the scene with the gag about the appearances in the first episode)

cajunator

Banned

Youre thinking too much about it. I dont think the show is intended for that.

cajunator

Banned
It also looked a little crowded given how many people are supposedly left alive in the game - NPCs?

(The number of cute girls playing the game seems to go up on a week by week basis, especially compared to the scene with the gag about the appearances in the first episode)

Cute girls can survive anything. a decade of watching anime has proven this to be true. the cuter they are, the less likely they are to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom