• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
SAO 10

I'm at a loss for words. I enjoyed it definitely but there's some bullshit afoot in them der hills! I have questions that need to be answered damn it!
Guildmaster cheater is cheating cheat who needs to go to cheaters' hell! What's up with Kirito asking for sex of the bat! Also, is Kirito going to be labled as murderer now that he killed bitter-dude? The guy who was in the crowd at the ending of Kirito's fight with bitter-dude a few episodes ago, was he in the same secret guild bitter-dude was in... are they after Kirito... and if so why? Was the move Kirito used to kill bitter-dude the same incarnate system from Accel World? I can't believe the bastered accelerated... that pissed me off so bad; SO MUCH BULLSHIT in that!

DON'T THINK THIS EPISODE PROVES ANY OF YOUR POINTS Jarmel! YOU'RE STILL WRONG!
:p

Actually I thought the episode was decent but definitely had some lows. It did address some of the character motivation stuff, even though it was fairly obvious already, but I think it was cathartic for Kirito to actually state outright his feelings. He still very much has some of the Gary Stu components to him but I've seen worse I guess.

A bigger problem with this episode was the villain as it was beyond idiotic. The biggest problem is Asuna and Kirito's relationship. I don't mind the first step they took
sexy time
. I have a much bigger issue with the second one
marriage
as it feels very rushed and condensed. I guess you could chalk it up to adolescence but it still feels forced.

As for the fight sequence, it was ok in how it was animated but the movements themselves weren't really that dynamic.
Kirito is essentially banging at a shield without really trying to get around it or using better placement
. It could have been a much more exciting fight and it was way too brief and anti-climatic.

In short I think they should have cut almost all the side stories and instead focused more time on Asuna's character and her relationship with Kirito. There's a reason why they're side-stories.

Ultimadrago

So why isn't there an SAO |OT| again?

cRC8R.jpg

Actually I thought the episode was decent but definitely had some lows. It did address some of the character motivation stuff, even though it was fairly obvious already, but I think it was cathartic for Kirito to actually state outright his feelings. He still very much has some of the Gary Stu components to him but I've seen worse I guess.

A bigger problem with this episode was the villain as it was beyond idiotic. The biggest problem is Asuna and Kirito's relationship. I don't mind the first step they took
sexy time
. I have a much bigger issue with the second one
marriage
as it feels very rushed and condensed. I guess you could chalk it up to adolescence but it still feels forced.

As for the fight sequence, it was ok in how it was animated but the movements themselves weren't really that dynamic.
Kirito is essentially banging at a shield without really trying to get around it or using better placement
. It could have been a much more exciting fight and it was way too brief and anti-climatic.

(Sorry Mad Pierrot ^_^;) <---lol at the troll smiley... never noticed that

Jarmel, I agree with you
r point about the marriage thing feeling rushed and I was supprised Kirito was the one to suggest it thoguh I can see a rational behind it. I think we just missed the chance to see an awesome move which Kirito was building up to due to Heathcliff cheating ways but at least we know he ain't right. I still feel good that the story put a little effort into highlighting that Kirito thought it was weird that Asuna may not want to exit the game. It confirms a lot but the very next line was to large of a swing in the opposite direction. Still, I understand they're desire to rest albeit a bit too perminent sounding

So why isn't there an SAO |OT| again?

Besides
Making a seperate thread for SAO means it takes Accel World with it and that kind of talk may get you cut (though not by me).

On a totally diffent topic...

How similar is Tamayura to Kokoro Connect? I never got past the first episode but in retrospect, I'm wondering if it could capture the same magic.

DOG DAYS' EP 10
6ac3Tl.jpg

That episode was glorious on several moments
  • Several 1 on 1 duels
  • Transform
  • Finishing moves left and right
  • Aerial dodgefights
  • Masked hero
  • DAT ANIMATION
  • Power of frienship TM
  • Light fanservice
  • Shinku protecting his harem
  • Over powered mountain cheated moves ..

10/10 give me the same thing for next episode

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sengoku Collection 23:

Yeah, that was amazing. Hype justified. Much has been said on the topic of Brains Base's incredible ability to spin shit into gold in the past couple of days, but the total disparity in all of the elements combined to craft this episode may have made it the best example yet of the studio's shocking ingenuity and ability to create something genuinely entertaining out of virtually any combination of ideas.

nc9hE.gif

Stay golden, Brains Base.

Also, we finally know the origin of the kid in Limbo.

cajunator

Banned
Oh, the show sucks. It's just hella fun to watch. and talk about.

Not really.
It seems well enough crafted and the story isnt ridiculous. The writing is good for what it is.
Accel World actually does have some shitty production but its pretty fun too.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not really.
It seems well enough crafted and the story isnt ridiculous. The writing is good for what it is.
Accel World actually does have some shitty production but its pretty fun too.

I wasn't being serious with the first comment.... T_T lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sengoku Collection 23:

Yeah, that was amazing. Hype justified. Much has been said on the topic of Brains Base's incredible ability to spin shit into gold in the past couple of days, but the total disparity in all of the elements combined to craft this episode may have made it the best example yet of the studio's shocking ingenuity and ability to create something genuinely entertaining out of virtually any combination of ideas.

http://i.imgur.com/nc9hE.gif

Also, we finally know the origin of the kid in Limbo.

Are you still liking this show ironically?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If I hadn't shown my undying love/criticality for the show then I have failed. T_T SAO is awesome despite how much i rag on it.

Sengoku Collection 23:

ZEqRil.jpg

I love the way the show still manages to hold together by taking familar elements and doing strange things with them in each episode.
The three gods' appearance in the sandbox was more awesome than I would have realized if told about it beforehand :)

I love the way the girl to the left of the image above finally looses it <3... and that ending.
I have a shit eating grin just thinking about it :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll catch up on the talks of this weeks SAO tomorrow morning but I'd just like to point out that
the bearded guy was a much better character than Gary Stu for those few scenes he was in. RIP ;_;7

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Wait, so you're an actual fan of it now?!

Man, this is like all the people secretly watching AW week after week. World shattering!

I freely admit that I've gone off the deep end with the show. Even with individual bad episodes, the whole thing is just kind of endearing and comforting at this point. I kind of hate myself for even typing these words!

didn't love it or hate it, was just busy watching other stuff.

You'll probably like it, then. I only ask because episode three was where I dropped the show and I didn't know if you shared some of my criticisms or it was just a time management thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom