• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Tamayura OVA

jJSj0nPjl6mg9.jpg

Supreme :firehawk. The 2nd season is going to be great, really looking forward to it even though its still a long way off. This OVA was a nice way to get back in touch with the characters since the end of the original series, still as touching as usual, this show always hits the right notes in that regard I think. Sato Jun always knows how to bring the feelings.

Joe Molotov

You can dye your hair in the game. I thought you'd know that by now after seeing Lizbeth.

I just assumed when they said everyone would look like they did in real-life, they meant "anime real-life" which means pink and purple hair are perfectly normal.

cajunator

Banned
Accel world 22

Still love this show. Sorry guys.
Haru
and the maid girl wage battle with Rust Jigsaw. Maid girl damages his shoulder heavily, and apparently this manifests itself as pain IRL in the area affected, so it helps them to track down who it is when they exit Accel World. Haru notices a guy with a shoulder problem walking away. He discovers that the way that Rust Jigsaw and Noumi are entering and dueling without being on the list is because they have a brain implant chip.
Haru and Taku plan to wage a final battle with Noumi. Hopefully Chiyu doesnt get in the way this time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tamayura OVA

http://i.minus.com/jJSj0nPjl6mg9.jpg

Supreme :firehawk. The 2nd season is going to be great, really looking forward to it even though its still a long way off. This OVA was a nice way to get back in touch with the characters since the end of the original series, still as touching as usual, this show always hits the right notes in that regard I think. Sato Jun always knows how to bring the feelings.

Yeah, funny enough, one group labelled this as episode "5.5", so I have no idea where it fits into the chronology. I'm glad he's using the Honda and Phi Brain money to make another season. Although, after the Honda "commercial", I'm surprised he couldn't turn Phi Brain into a show about girls furtively solving puzzles while wistfully thinking about the past/future.

Grzi

Gundam AGE 45 and 46 feature some amazing fight animation. Especially episode 45, there's also some use of CG in it that I found to be really nicely done.

Kio sucks though.

Instro

SAO 10

GLOP GLOP GLOP
gotta buy the blurays for that I guess
. This was a really enjoyable episode I think, outside of the lightning speed pacing which made some scenes feel disjointed. Really nice art and animation, I particularly liked the facial expressions we saw this week,
Kuradeel was reminding me of Caster a little bit during his freakout
. The duel was well directed, the framing for some shots during the fight were great, very exciting stuff there. The show has really been at its best over the last 2 episodes. It hits the right notes with its characters, and the art is there to back up what is happening, even if what is happening is rather silly. Looking forward to the next couple weeks, particularly when they hit the next boss fight.

Instro

Yeah, funny enough, one group labelled this as episode "5.5", so I have no idea where it fits into the chronology. I'm glad he's using the Honda and Phi Brain money to make another season. Although, after the Honda "commercial", I'm surprised he couldn't turn Phi Brain into a show about girls furtively solving puzzles while wistfully thinking about the past/future.

"This puzzle is like a warm breeze..."

Oops double post. Now I feel weird.

SAO 10

I'm at a loss for words. I enjoyed it definitely but there's some bullshit afoot in them der hills! I have questions that need to be answered damn it!
Guildmaster cheater is cheating cheat who needs to go to cheaters' hell! What's up with Kirito asking for sex of the bat! Also, is Kirito going to be labled as murderer now that he killed bitter-dude? The guy who was in the crowd at the ending of Kirito's fight with bitter-dude a few episodes ago, was he in the same secret guild bitter-dude was in... are they after Kirito... and if so why? Was the move Kirito used to kill bitter-dude the same incarnate system from Accel World? I can't believe the bastered accelerated... that pissed me off so bad; SO MUCH BULLSHIT in that!

Edit:
This thread needs more SAO impressions and more SAO talk.

Sorry... its so good! :3

I'll do my part to keep it at a minimum. Plenty of good animes to talk about this season... not like last season's abortions :(

Edit 2:

DON'T THINK THIS EPISODE PROVES ANY OF YOUR POINTS Jarmel! YOU'RE STILL WRONG!
:p

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
SAO 10

I'm at a loss for words. I enjoyed it definitely but there's some bullshit afoot in them der hills! I have questions that need to be answered damn it!
Guildmaster cheater is cheating cheat who needs to go to cheaters' hell! What's up with Kirito asking for sex of the bat! Also, is Kirito going to be labled as murderer now that he killed bitter-dude? The guy who was in the crowd at the ending of Kirito's fight with bitter-dude a few episodes ago, was he in the same secret guild bitter-dude was in... are they after Kirito... and if so why? Was the move Kirito used to kill bitter-dude the same incarnate system from Accel World? I can't believe the bastered accelerated... that pissed me off so bad; SO MUCH BULLSHIT in that!

Sorry... its so good! :3

I'll do my part to keep it at a minimum. Plenty of good animes to talk about this season... not like last season's abortions :(

He killed a red player. Not a green one.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 09

Asuna and Kirito meet up with some old friends after scoping out the Boss of the area.
A really stupid legion Leroy Jenkins it into battle with the monster taking on heavy damage in the process. Asuna charges in to save them but she's not strong enough. Kirito has to step in and use his special ability and Lizbest's specially crafted sword to FUCK THAT SHIT UP. He barely makes it out alive.
This is why Asuna sucks and Lizbeth is best girl.

kayos90

SAO..... Asuna really missed the opportunity to be alpha waifu.

I don't get it... how?

Sword Art Online 09

Asuna and Kirito meet up with some old friends after scoping out the Boss of the area.
A really stupid legion Leroy Jenkins it into battle with the monster taking on heavy damage in the process. Asuna charges in to save them but she's not strong enough. Kirito has to step in and use his special ability and Lizbest's specially crafted sword to FUCK THAT SHIT UP. He barely makes it out alive.
This is why Asuna sucks and Lizbeth is best girl.

Damn you cajun. DAMN YOU!!!

Sword Art Online 10
tumblr_ma1w01PXj01r012yho1_500.gif

The duel was pretty well done I think. Kirito is still epic in my book
I can only imagine that he wasnt going all out and was holding back for some strange reason, plus Heatcliff had that strange skill that Im surprised Kirito didnt dwell on to think about. At least he did chip tons of health off and actually almost go in for the kill

I think I still will favor Accel World more in the action department, attacks and what not seem more varied over there and the actual strikes are actually more animated. For this
Sure not many more slideshow like stuff but they dropped the ball on Weaksuna's sword thrust, imo, they looked to not connect and thats it, I dont know, it just felt like there was nothing more, like Accel World animates all those ballistics and what not, and this is just some brief flashy pokes :(

I guess I enjoyed 50% of the episode and absolutely despise the rest, just an awful direction it turned and I just dont want that. Weaksuna is a decent asset, like a shield (sometimes, like last ep) for Kirito and cook, and thats it, I still think she holds him back and is worthless overall.
She made him sacrifice his arm because she was just incompetent and let down her guard for some odd reason, why? Being a canonical love interest is even more odd, and marriage too? I just dont like it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
"This puzzle is like a warm breeze..."

Oops double post. Now I feel weird.
Don't feel weird, life moves on man!

If it weren't for IRC I guarantee that we'd have many more pages of SAO discussion in this thread.
There's nothing to talk about though. This episode is basically "SHIT WAIFU IS SHIT" or "ASUNA IS MAI QUEEN". Well, in addition to just being stupid and horrible in general, I mean.

Here's some Hell's Angels GIFs for cosmic:

... and that's only the first 10 minutes before it gets really good!

Excellent, thanks! Think you can do some ones of action scenes without being super spoilery (though I guess there wouldn't be much spoilery stuff if seen out of context)? I want to give the best representation of the awesome as possible for the thread.

kayos90

You're right! They explained that in an earlier episode and I totally forgot even though I was referencing another idea established in the same episode... must be getting old :(

uh huh..... LOL

Its pretty obvious Asuna was the only girl that ever had a chance with Kirito. Thats how this stuff works. Doesn't make her best girl. To achieve that, a girl has to be THE BEST GIRL.

Meh, w/e. OTP is OTP. Asuna wins the war. gg no re.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If the next episode isn't Sex Art Online, I'm going to flip a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom