• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Naturally.
That show is well worth spending 800 bucks for.

Please don't remind me. I'm having a soul searching debate about whether I want to spend an extra 400 bucks getting just the box below. I would be spending an extra $200 from the get-go before I get hit with the deputy fees and their shitty version of the exchange rates, not to mention the shipping as the box supposedly weighs a ton.

a9DC9.jpg

I want it so bad but fuck, spending an extra $400 just to show off is insane.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...6704/+サイコパス+総監督+本広克行&cd=8&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp

Mangaoh's contents update for the next issue of Otona Animedia confirmed the staff for Psycho-Pass. They took the info down, but not before it was cached! Lol.

Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Series Composition/Script: Gen Urobuchi

Just as the rumors suggested. :)

I didn't realize you were such a prominent figure on Anime Suki btw.

Defuser

Sword Art Online ep 10
Nooooo Rider!!! Great fight in the beginning, I can't stand the end parts because it's cringeworthy.

cajunator

Banned
All the episodes up to 14 have a title courtesy of duckroll. I

11: Morning Dew Girl
12: Yui's Heart
13: Depths of Hell
14: End of the World

Also, here you go instro.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=111514038996369&id=166842403374460

Only 14 episodes for Sword Art Online?

Please don't remind me. I'm having a soul searching debate about whether I want to spend an extra 400 bucks getting just the box below.

a9DC9.jpg

I want it so bad but fuck, spending an extra $400 just to show off is insane.

Fuck that. The regular boxset is good enough.
Now if that was in English...

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah, considering that he's known for one or two of the most popular anime tv series in the west (even among non-anime fans!) it...says nothing.

You're kind of bending over backwards to make Satoshi Kon seem like some obscure director when he's anything but. When I was getting into anime in the early aughts, Perfect Blue was definitely part of the standard anime movie recommendations given to newbies along with the likes of Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Jin-Roh, etc. and certainly with Paranoia Agent & Paprika he had kept a prominent profile on the scene that I feel has held up since his passing.

That right there. He's only produced really one movie of note and that's the Cowboy Bebop movie. The fact that people chose a guy who is mainly known for television series over a guy known for movies is pretty indicative either that they haven't seen his works or they prefer Watanabe with his very low track record. Either case that definitely doesn't help your argument. I'm not saying he's unknown but I also wouldn't say he's exactly mainstream either.

"...Okay."

I whispered, with my lips near Kirito's ears.

There was hesitation in what I said, but... there was no regret.

"Eh...?"

Perhaps he didn't hear it, but Kirito was making a bewildered face.

I found that puzzled expression lovely, but a vehement embarrassment came over me.

"Li-Like I said, it's okay!"

"That's why I'm asking what is??"

Do you really not understand in a situation like this?! ...It happened the moment I realised that.

...Somethi--ng snapped.

"Like I said! I'm okay with having sex!"
This is some seriously sensual stuff.

Instro

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...6704/+サイコパス+総監督+本広克行&cd=8&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp

Mangaoh's contents update for the next issue of Otona Animedia confirmed the staff for Psycho-Pass. They took the info down, but not before it was cached! Lol.

Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro
Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani
Series Composition/Script: Gen Urobuchi

Just as the rumors suggested. :)

I don't quite understand what Motohiro is there for, but the other two are a winning combo.

Accel World 22

You said it, Haru. This was the weirdest one of "those" kinds of scenes I have ever experienced. It's like he both understood and didn't understand what she was doing at the same time, but her expression made it seem like she didn't understand what she was doing either. The fuck? What a strange portrayal.

Anyway, cougar riding!

kayos90

Accel World 22

You said it, Haru. This was the weirdest one of "those" kinds of scenes I have ever experienced. It's like he both understood and didn't understand what she was doing at the same time, but her expression made it seem like she didn't understand what she was doing either. The fuck?

Anyway, cougar riding!

Chiyu is easily my most hated female character of this year. I don't think anyone can top her.

Jarmel

Banned
Putting those two side by side may not have been the best idea.

I was thinking the same thing. No better way to highlight your failure than to put it against your success.

Here's the clean scan for Psycho-Pass from Animedia (I previously thought this was from PASH, but I'm wrong):

^^;;

I'm really praying that the designs on the left are not going to be used and are just rough sketches or some other nonsense.

Fuck that. The regular boxset is good enough.
Now if that was in English...

But the art... :(

Jex

I agree. I really think the character designs shine when its under Amano's style rather than the actual in-show style.

Well, it's not exactly unusual for designs to be altered for the purposes of animation. It's very rare for them to match up to the original art, for good reason.

Sacred blacksmith is ok.
Watchable.
Hack sign is...blah
Some other shows like Ragnarok the animation and Disgaea take place in rpg world.

Oh man... first episode of .hack//Roots is trying to pull me in! Must. Stay. Strong! (I ain't got time for this shit... I'm trying to finish Hells so I can go back to my hopper ;_; )

duckroll

I don't quite understand what Motohiro is there for, but the other two are a winning combo.

Motohiro is a Japanese live action director who has worked on TV dramas and movies for over two decades. His specialty is in doing cop procedural style shows with organizations and a tight cast of characters. Many of his TV dramas ran on FujiTV, so I suppose he would be a familiar face to the network when it comes to material such as this.

Maybe when noitaminA wanted to produce a scifi cop procedural anime series, the noitaminA producer went to him to spearhead the project?

I'm really praying that the designs on the left are not going to be used and are just rough sketches or some other nonsense.

Actually, it seems that bad picture is the main animation design key visual. :(

What we can hope for is that the actual show looks a lot better when it is in motion and with backgrounds.

Defuser

It's not about who's the best girl for Kirito; It's about who's the best SAO girl PERIOD.

My new team should be starting in a few episodes. I've already recruited a few brave souls to my cause. WE WILL NOT FALTER.
I don't think I can handle a Team Kanna 2.0.

kayos90

It's not about who's the best girl for Kirito; It's about who's the best SAO girl PERIOD.

My new team should be starting in a few episodes. I've already recruited a few brave souls to my cause. WE WILL NOT FALTER.

Wow. Really? Really?! REALLY?! Well I guess we're entering SAO War II now.

kayos90

Well, it's not exactly unusual for designs to be altered for the purposes of animation. It's very rare for them to match up to the original art, for good reason.

Alright. True. Even as a standalone, the art on the left looks pretty bad.... I mean... come on...

Only 14 left or 14 total?

SAO is scheduled for 24 episodes according to duckroll iirc.

There will be bloodshed. And tears. Followed by more blood.

Lol. Fucking bring it. I already destroyed Team Silica. It now lies in shambles. Team Lizbeth is heavily crippled yet their delusional status forces them to fight. lol. You're entering a losing battle son.

Articalys

Super Space Brothers 23

They'll never run out of sight gags for Mutta's hair, will they.

Anyway, another nice transition episode into the next arc.

cajunator

Banned
Accel World 22

You said it, Haru. This was the weirdest one of "those" kinds of scenes I have ever experienced. It's like he both understood and didn't understand what she was doing at the same time, but her expression made it seem like she didn't understand what she was doing either. The fuck? What a strange portrayal.

Anyway, cougar riding!

Chiyu is adorable but she acts so fucking strange. So mixed about how to perceive her.

Instro

Motohiro is a Japanese live action director who has worked on TV dramas and movies for over two decades. His specialty is in doing cop procedural style shows with organizations and a tight cast of characters. Many of his TV dramas ran on FujiTV, so I suppose he would be a familiar face to the network when it comes to material such as this.

Maybe when noitaminA wanted to produce a scifi cop procedural anime series, the noitaminA producer went to him to spearhead the project?

Ah so they would have been connected through FujiTV. This makes more sense to me now, thanks.

Jex

Great.

More KyoAni hype.

Only slightly above Bones hype.
Hmm, I don't know anything about that. Most of the recent KyoAni works, Nichijou aside, have succeeded in being good KyoAni works. They've either met or exceeded the expectations that one would have for a work from that studio. They have been satisfactory within their own space.

I don't feel that I can say the same about any recent BONES properties.

kayos90

Hmm, I don't know anything about that. Most of the recent KyoAni works, Nichijou aside, have succeeded in being good KyoAni works. They've either met or exceeded the expectations that one would have for a work from that studio. They have been satisfactory within their own space.

I don't feel that I can say the same about any recent BONES properties.

After E7AO... idk... Maybe Zetsuen will set things right.... who knows.

Taku should hook up with Sky Raker. By the way WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?

I believe she won't appear again until the very end. She'll be in the OVA I think though. LOL.

I don't know why I'm the first to say this, but yn-neko hates a cat should watch Fate/Zero.

I started watching fate/zero... I didn't want to deal with anime that dark at the time and so I shelved it with the intention of going back someday (...also need to finish Madoka Magica one of these days if I can get over my hate of Kyuubi).

kayos90

I started watching fate/zero... I didn't want to deal with anime that dark at the time and so I shelved it with the intention of going back someday (...also need to finish Madoka Magica one of these days if I can get over my hate of Kyuubi).

You're a strange one, you know that?

Jex

There's nothing to talk about though. This episode is basically "SHIT WAIFU IS SHIT" or "ASUNA IS MAI QUEEN". Well, in addition to just being stupid and horrible in general, I mean.

Have you ever read this thread? That's the kind of material that we could talk about for months. Well, I say we, I couldn't because I haven't watched SAO and the only girls I argue about are the ones from Evangelion.

sonicmj1

Lol. Fucking bring it. I already destroyed Team Silica. It now lies in shambles. Team Lizbeth is heavily crippled yet their delusional status forces them to fight. lol. You're entering a losing battle son.

wth2.gif

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to achieve.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

That sounds really neat. I'm starting to get really HYPED for this. Don't fail me Noitamina!!

cajunator

Banned

Fate Zero is EXTREMELY dark.
Its something very good but that someone should watch over time because it might wear you down if you watch too much at one time.
Then again I cant say much cause I marathoned Saikano. Im masochist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom