• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

I feel the urge to defend Omigawa, but then I realize that I used to hate her too, and if I defend her, it would mean Branduil wins yet again. I can't accept this... :(

Thoraxes

Elder God Watching Tier:
To Love-Ru Darkness

Watching:
Kyousogiga
Chuunibyou
Hayate S3
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (Glorious Nazuna returns)
Medaka Box S2
Seitokai no Ichizon S2 (or new story, w/e)

Will check out (3-episode rule):
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
JoJo
Little busters
CODE:BREAKER
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Will probably be horrible but I won't be able to look away:
Girls und Panzer
Onii-chan Dakeko Ao Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne-
Btoom!
Ixion Saga DT

Will blind watch based on faith in duckroll-hype and ricebowls:
Magi

Elder God Watching Tier:
To Love-Ru Darkness

Watching:
Kyousogiga
Chuunibyou
Hayate S3
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb (Glorious Nazuna returns)
Medaka Box S2
Seitokai no Ichizon S2 (or new story, w/e)

Will check out (3-episode rule):
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
JoJo
Little busters
Ixion Saga DT
CODE:BREAKER
Robotics;Notes

Will be horrible but I won't be able to look away:
Girls und Panzer
Onii-chan Dakeko Ao Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne-
Btoom!

Will blind watch based on faith in duckroll-hype and ricebowls:
Magi

TLRD tv broadcast... there is literally not much to watch each eps :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I lurve Elena.
I guess I feel the same way about Asuna as you do about Elena.
*shrug

No. I'm pretty sure you don't hate Asuna. You just dislike her. I hate Elena's entire character because she contributes literally nothing to the show other than some stupid mediocre comedy or bring up questions that really don't need to be asked. It's fucking stupid. I can understand why people dislike Asuna. That I'm fine with. Elena on the other hand. My gosh...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
No. I'm pretty sure you don't hate Asuna. You just dislike her. I hate Elena's entire character because she contributes literally nothing to the show other than some stupid mediocre comedy or bring up questions that really don't need to be asked. It's fucking stupid. I can understand why people dislike Asuna. That I'm fine with. Elena on the other hand. My gosh...

You know, I had my doubts but I think we're going to get along.

Oh right, Girls und Panzer is also a show I'm gonna watch this fall. I'll probably end up watching the show about the painter girl too.

kayos90

Didn't he call her "used goods" earlier?

That doesn't mean hate. There's a difference between dislike and hate. I'm pretty sure cajunator is not capable of hating anything really. Unless I'm wrong then I'm sorry cajun. There's a difference between strong dislike and hate as well.

You know, I had my doubts but I think we're going to get along.

??? How so? Did I miss something?

Dresden

Elena hasn't been that bad since the buttplug tail.

Narag

That doesn't mean hate. There's a difference between dislike and hate. I'm pretty sure cajunator is not capable of hating anything really. Unless I'm wrong then I'm sorry cajun. There's a difference between strong dislike and hate as well.

I'm pretty sure he hates Fridays, Texas, and the Carolina Panthers too!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
YuruYuri S2 11
mBymZ.jpg
This show has sort of been a drag lately. Mostly in that I rarely feel like it delivers on what I want, and the characters it focuses on tend to be the ones I would rather shy away from. But this episode was like a return to form, in that it outpaced my expectations and kept me entertained while returning to its meta roots. It was even kind of sad and emotional too for just a little bit.

Ultimadrago

Thoraxes

TLRD tv broadcast... there is literally not much to watch each eps :(
AT-X??!?!?!?!? :(.... ;______; Tokyo MX only. This world... THIS WORLD IS NOT RIGHT. I will watch with the promise of smiling and hype inducement.
I lurve Elena.
I guess I feel the same way about Asuna as you do about Elena.
*shrug

I am with you on this.
*ehem*

Glorious Miyako returns, Mr. Kuma!
I respectfully respect your taste, good sir, as all the Hidamaris are great.

*ehem*
I'm not very familiar with JoJo's, but I'm going to give this a go as well.
(Can I, cosmic? Can I?)
The concept itself seems fun enough, and it's clear the franchise itself has lots of fans. I'm interested.

Not really. I didn't say that one was better than the other because it was older or more influential. I just that one was qualitatively better, which it is.

Hehehehe... I disagree! Come at me bro!

Please don't come at me bro... I like Goldenboy more because I have fonder memories of it :D

Jex

Eh, Elena now actually serves some story-purpose in Eureka Seven: Ao so I can't really agree with on that.

kayos90

Eh, Elena now actually serves some story-purpose in Eureka Seven: Ao so I can't really agree with on that.

Other than that one episode about identity her role hasn't changed at all. She's still that girl that came from the other world, an otaku, a pilot. That's it. Nothing has changed at all.

The concept itself seems fun enough, and it's clear the franchise itself has lots of fans. I'm interested.

The biggest problem is most of the fanbase comes from the later parts, the most being from part 3. Part 1 is really nothing remarkable and acts like a prologue more than anything else. It's kind of still living in Fist of the North Star's shadow at that point.

That isn't to say part 1 is bad, but it's a pretty dull start to what becomes one of the best shounen series out there.

Branduil

I was hoping they would actually answer the question.

I guess it's the latest and greatest fad. I wonder if any of them realise the success of My Little Sister Can't be This Cute isn't solely down to the presence of a little sister in the storyline.

It isn't?

It's little sister + living the otaku lifestyle.

True, it doesn't limit its pandering to incest... it also panders to otaku's incessant need for navel-gazing.

Uchip

Banned
Elena Peoples is like a virus
It sneaks into your anime and makes it unwell, completely destroying any suspension of disbelief and pandering to mindless otaku.

some people enjoy sickness

actually it reminds me of the latter Family Guy episodes, in which they randomly reference shit that you may or may not know about.

Jarmel

Banned
Now, Naru on the other hand...Naru has less screentime than her own pet. For real.

Naru is a horrible character for reasons other than her screentime. She is far and away the worst character on the show.

Elena's stupidity is momentary while Naru's just continues and drags the whole show down.

Branduil

It's set in 2202. Moe culture has run rampant, and kanji are no longer in regular usage. Light novels have become the height of literary sophistication. That's why it's so amazing that a 16 year old girl can read kanji in said story.

Apparently there's some kind of time slip but I couldn't be bothered reading the summary any further than that. I guess it's probably hilariously ironic in Japanese.

So it's set in a dystopian future, right?

Jarmel

Banned
Truth takes that title with ease
Naru and Truth might as well be one entity of stupid

Truth is really high on the stupidity list as well but atleast they're trying with his character. Naru just floats around and comments at random times while seemingly doing jackshit.

Jesus Christ the writing in AO is bad. It wasn't bad enough to have one stupid god-like character, they needed two.

Branduil

My Little Sister is a Figment of my Imagination!
My Little Sister Assassinated the President!
My Little Sister Defeated the Yakuza!
My Little Sister has to Perform my Brain Surgery!
My Little Sister Works for Nintendo and Told me the Next Zelda Game is Going to be the Best One Ever!

My Little Sister Posts on GAF
My Little Sister Thinks Circumcised People Don't Tip
My Little Sister is a Sega Fanboy
My Little Sistre Works for Capcom
My Little Sister is the Republican Candidate for President

Kettch

Great news about Bakemonogatari, easiest $150 I'll ever spend. Lots of respect to Aniplex, I never thought it would happen. That holy grail of anime translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom