• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
latest autumn 2012 anime chart's out:

MAPPA :(

While I'll probably watch most of those on the list, the only two I'm extremely hyped for are Magi and Psycho-Pass. Magi because it sounds like an oriental FMA and PP because the king is back.

indeed
both genders suck equally

0feJk.png

Hey, Crunchyroll finally made some of their numbers public again, announcing that they've passed the 100,000 paid subscribers mark. For reference, they had about 70,000 subscribers last November, and about 30,000 subscribers in the summer of 2010. Progress!

As somebody living in Japan who can't afford to buy all the BDs of everything I have an interest in, streaming services like CR and even Funimation are a godsend to me. Especially with the government cracking down on DL's this October.

It's amazing how much the landscape has changed over the past ten years. If you had told me in the late 90's that stuff like CR would legally exist, I'd have laughed at you and went back to my stupidly expensive VHS'.

ANYHOW.

My copy of Hells came in the mail earlier today. I'm at the day job now, but I'm so fuckin' hyped for this.

Also, it looks like I'll be covering Magi, Chuunibyou for Japanator this season. So hyped for the first, and sort of excited for the second just cause it's KyoAni.

I'll be following other stuff, but for now those two are the work-related ones.

Jarmel

Banned
This is more directed to duckroll but if anyone knows, please chime in. Are there any early airings/impressions for some of the stuff airing in October? I think Magi is supposed to have one but not sure if there is supposed to be more.

This is more directed to duckroll but if anyone knows, please chime in. Are there any early airings/impressions for some of the stuff airing in October? I think Magi is supposed to have one but not sure if there is supposed to be more.

Do you mean like webstreams or something?

Jex

[FMA: Brotherhood] - 57

I know that it's been noted that the padding is out of control for this finale, but about 7 minutes of this episode was set aside so that random, no-name characters could comment about the events that are unfolding in the city. This doesn't move the story or develop any characters or do anything helpful, it's utterly transparent filler.

Ouran High School Host Club 20

Hikaru and Kaoru are just as lousy at dealing with theiving maids as Bruce Wayne is.

While the character art was below average, the storyboarding played around with symbolism and the twins' symmetry to make some neat shots.

Jex

Watched a handful of minutes of it and it looks interesting. Kind of wish there was a transcript so that I could follow the panel at my own pace but whatever, I'll set aside an hour to watch it later.

Well, he has some visual prompts as well. Luckily his delivery is really good or else it might get kind of boring after a while.

Jex

"Due to licensing and contract restrictions, this product can be sold and shipped to the US and Canada only. This product cannot be shipped to Japan. All sales are final. It may be returned for an exchange if defective, but unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds."​

get fucked

They gotta fight that reverse importation.

Articalys

Finally, like a shambling, soulless husk, the International Saimoe League has reached the end of its main round-robin tournament phase. But the nightmare isn't over yet. First, each of the two divisions have their own single-elimination tournament, then the top eight from each side are combined for one final single-elimination tournament. It's hilariously overcomplicated and won't be over until Halloween, for chrissakes.

Anyway, three characters to note:
- Kanade Tachibana manages to survive all 35 rounds of her division without losing a single match, putting a huge elimination target on her back in the process .
- On the other side of things, Hecate and Yuno Gasai have the ignominious "honor" of going the whole tournament without winning a single match in their respective divisions.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chiaki Omigawa sucks. Her voice is like the japanese equivalent of Fran Drescher's.
recognizable and grating? sounds about right
Yup.

She is one of the biggest reasons Soredemo shined. How could anyone not like her in that?
Same with Drescher in The Nanny, I suppose. :p

I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions!

FemShep sux. lol

Fem(fire)Hawk's cool though!
I'll never understand anyone who can stand the blandness of Sheploo. He's the calorie free, vanilla ice cream of video games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom