• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So it's set in a dystopian future, right?

Surely a world where all culture revolves around the glorification of incest would result in several generations of humans with increasingly-severe deformities, congenital defects and retardation and the subsequent total collapse of society. It's pretty dark stuff.

Thoraxes

The biggest problem is most of the fanbase comes from the later parts, the most being from part 3. Part 1 is really nothing remarkable and acts like a prologue more than anything else. It's kind of still living in Fist of the North Star's shadow at that point.

That isn't to say part 1 is bad, but it's a pretty dull start to what becomes one of the best shounen series out there.
Ahhhh, I see. I'm actually not well versed in shounen trope-ology (if you can call it that), and more of a casual viewer as far as most of those shows go, but I do look forward to this. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind.
Hidamari bro and Nichijoubro? You're just the full package, Thoraxes!
IbQxO.gif

Truth takes that title with ease
Naru and Truth might as well be one entity of stupid
I think those two are the worst characters on the show so far.

trejo

So I guess the general consensus is that AO's characters range from average to utterly fucking horrid. Sounds about right.

I am, as always, immensely, undoubtedly trustworthy.

Trust me.

I dunno man, there was that one time when you made me do the thing. Y'know, the thing.

Dresden

So I guess the general consensus is that AO's characters range from average to utterly fucking horrid. Sounds about right.
Outside of the two horrors (Truth and Naru*), I think the characters are pretty likable.
I dunno man, there was that one time when you made me do the thing. Y'know, the thing.
You totally enjoyed it!

---

* isn't Naru basically Chris from Arjuna?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I think you need some time away from romance anime anyway.

I don't think so. I mean, it doesn't have to be a centerpoint. However at the same time it can't be in the back burner. It just makes it more interesting since character development happens usually when romance is involved anyway.

Branduil

I don't think so. I mean, it doesn't have to be a centerpoint. However at the same time it can't be in the back burner. It just makes it more interesting since character development happens usually when romance is involved anyway.

Dennou Coil is plenty interesting without a lot of romance.

cajunator

Banned
That doesn't mean hate. There's a difference between dislike and hate. I'm pretty sure cajunator is not capable of hating anything really. Unless I'm wrong then I'm sorry cajun. There's a difference between strong dislike and hate

I hate a few things. Some of it is trivial.

I'm pretty sure he hates Fridays, Texas, and the Carolina Panthers too!

I do hate Fridays, but Texas isnt as bad now that someone else dispatches it. The Panthers suck but the Falcons are the worst.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Dennou Coil is plenty interesting without a lot of romance.

That's cool. Props. But as of right now I could go for something romance related. Maybe I should just watch Adjustment Bureau again.

I hate a few things. Some of it is trivial.

I do hate Fridays, but Texas isnt as bad now that someone else dispatches it. The Panthers suck but the Falcons are the worst.

Oh. My bad then. So do you hate Asuna or dislike her.

Ahhhh, I see. I'm actually not well versed in shounen trope-ology (if you can call it that), and more of a casual viewer as far as most of those shows go, but I do look forward to this. I'll definitely keep what you said in mind.

Fortunately, part 1 will probably be only 1 cour and part 2 is significantly better, with part 3 arguably being significantly better than that. Don't need to watch 40 episodes to get to the good stuff in this case.

trejo

"Casio and his little sister Nokia both work as bounty hunters who use magic packets that they download through their mobile phones and cast with the built-in camera to defeat mysterious apparitions called phantasms. The bounties for these phantasms are quite high, but the enormous fees for the magic packets they download and the property damage they create has reduced them to a homeless status living off cup ramen. This all changes when they meet a foolish albeit wealthy, young woman called Sony who didn't bother to properly research Casio and Nokia's true nature before becoming their sponsor. "

I must say, that depiction of Sony seems pretty spot on.

Sounds like a girl's name.

Rinne no Lagrange 16
I noticed they got rid of the reused animation in the OP, which is good. Didn't like this new ED in this episode. Go back to the last one.
There's definitely something going on with this Yuriyuri girl. She's also to damn cute, it's almost unnatural. She is not to be trusted.
Finally a change of scenery. Space is the place.
a29dq.jpg

An intergalactic war over a girl? Sure, why not.

Uchip

Banned
If you insist on romance, watch Escaflowne.

romance works best as a star crossed lovers paradigm
ie.
Escaflowne, worlds apart.
Spice and Wolf, Lifespan and race.
Eureka 7, many things.
Steins;Gate, Time and dimensions.

outside of that its usually school romcoms which can take a hike some place south

wonzo

Banned
Hey, Crunchyroll finally made some of their numbers public again, announcing that they've passed the 100,000 paid subscribers mark. For reference, they had about 70,000 subscribers last November, and about 30,000 subscribers in the summer of 2010. Progress!
hopefully this continues to go so i can get my good quality and fast subs for the foreseeable future

Seriously, where's her range? She's fine in SoreMachi and Natsu no Arashi, but she just relies on her whiny voice. Same with her characters in Eureka, Space Pirates and Arakawa.
range is overrated when you've got the voice of a goddess

What the heck happened here?
the evil and sickening corruption of art thanks to the unnatural digital age we all live in /arjuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom