• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
It's weird, cause technically the novel describes it as a uncomfortable feedback. So the stronger the attack, the more grating it feels.

I can't remember if the show ever actually describes this though.

I doubt it. Maybe there are conditions. I forget...

Novid

Banned
I mean Rachel Berry accusing a teacher of paedophilia because he won't give her a solo. I mean the pamphlets in Emma's office saying "My Mom's Bipolar And She Won't Stop Yelling". Can you imagine a character in Tari Tari composing a song about someone's freakishly giant lips?

You skip the MUSIC???? In GLEE?

I'm not saying the storytelling in Glee isn't terrible. Boy, is it. What I'm trying to work out is the connection between liking Glee and liking Tari Tari. Just because they're about underdog "choirs" doesn't mean they're anything alike in the slightest, and the reasons I ever liked Glee at all aren't present in Tari Tari.

Glee is Tari Tari with more boys and more Yaoi, and more K-On.

Mild spoilers for book 3 and maybe beyond regarding feedback.

I'm actually at the end of vol 3 right now and he even makes it a point to describe the way feedback works in ALO. Sometimes it's strong enough to cause the player a major headache when they wake up/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mild spoilers for book 3 and maybe beyond regarding feedback.

I'm actually at the end of vol 3 right now and he even makes it a point to describe the way feedback works in ALO. Sometimes it's strong enough to cause the player a major headache when they wake up/

It's like AW. But that's also because
Amusphere works a bit differently from nervgear

trejo

I was in Best Buy and happened across Yuri.
Yep, picked up Strawberry Panic. I hope it delivers.

Spoilers for SP:

It will. But it will also feel empty and unfulfilling because of the terrible, terrible characters. Downright insufferable.

YMMV, of course.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I was in Best Buy and happened across Yuri.
Yep, picked up Strawberry Panic. I hope it delivers.

You are a good man, don't worry, I promise it will deliver.

Spoilers for SP:

It will. But it will also feel empty and unfulfilling because of the terrible, terrible characters. Downright insufferable.

YMMV, of course.

Yet another one who sailed on the wrong ship. :)

Lain

Horizon 10

What a battle (both the naval one and the ones the various characters fought), and it's still not done yet. Tori keeps running around naked and acting like a buffoon to great results.
I'm only a little bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Kimi fight (after her magnificent entrance), but maybe next week it'll be shown? One can only hope.

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of Psycho-Pass, it sounds like prime material for Adult Swim. I'm assuming Funimation is going to grab the rights.

I think this has the most potential of any of prior-Urobuchi's works to take off in the West.

cajunator

Banned
I'm not happy with the way they packed the discs for Mahoromatic and Special A. It's multiple discs stacked on each other.

I dunno. I bought it a long time ago when the packaging made sense.
If its like a spindle set, fuck that. thats what happened to Princess tutu and it is an awful awful way to package a show.

Can you take a photo to show us how it was packaged?

jbug617

Banned
I dunno. I bought it a long time ago when the packaging made sense.
If its like a spindle set, fuck that. thats what happened to Princess tutu and it is an awful awful way to package a show.

Can you take a photo to show us how it was packaged?

A2jUwMlCMAAZnvo.jpg

A2jUzOgCIAAdbYH.jpg

It's 6 discs stacked on each other and the case reminds me of a VHS tape.

cajunator

Banned
A2jUwMlCMAAZnvo.jpg

A2jUzOgCIAAdbYH.jpg

It's 6 discs stacked on each other and the case reminds me of a VHS tape.

Oh god. thats exactly how Princess tutu was packaged.
My condolences. I put pieces of tissue between each disc to preserve the Cute.
My Mahoromatic set was thinpacked and the discs separated. Sentai is just way too cheap with their releases. Depressingly cheap.

jbug617

Banned
Oh god. thats exactly how Princess tutu was packaged.
My condolences. I put pieces of tissue between each disc to preserve the Cute.
My Mahoromatic set was thinpacked and the discs separated. Sentai is just way too cheap with their releases. Depressingly cheap.

I'm looking forward to watching this. I got a good price ($35) on the Ultimate Edition. I was just shocked at the size of the cases for both of them and the packaging of the disc.

cajunator

Banned
I'm looking forward to watching this. I got a good price ($35) on the Ultimate Edition. I was just shocked at the size of the cases for both of them.

Yeah its SUPER cute.
Early Shaft/Gainax collabs were pretty wacky and fun.
It kind of goes along with the whole 90's battle maids genre that is so dear to me.
Stuffl ike Catgirl Nuku nuku and Steel angel Kurumi for example.

technically it was early 2000's but whos counting?

Guys, I gotta tell you. Very few things beat the feeling of having a boy or a girl look at you and call you "Oniichan."

You think it's just an anime/manga/Japanese film thing, but when it happens in real life your heart just explodes with warm fuzzies.

Seriously.

Instro

Guys, I gotta tell you. Very few things beat the feeling of having a boy or a girl look at you and call you "Oniichan."

You think it's just an anime/manga/Japanese film thing, but when it happens in real life your heart just explodes with warm fuzzies.

Seriously.

Oniisama or bust.

Ryuukan

Seriously.

Do the fuzzies go away after you pay them

Zeroth

We should test his marketability. Sell some kayos90 nendoroids, crosspromote by having him guess star in some anime, and if things go well, break into the body pillow market.

We could try to make a kayos90 cameo in the new Vita fishing game to boost his popularity among japanese fishermen.

I wish there was an affordable and legal way to watch Paranoia Agent right now. The soundtrack I picked up to get my free shipping from TRSI is simply amazing.

cajunator

Banned
I must admit... I'm sort of curious... why the dislike?

I don't know either. I loved NTHT. I mean it wasnt a perfect show and its kind of depressing and weird and more than a bit disturbing but it was an interesting experience for me.

I wish there was an affordable and legal way to watch Paranoia Agent right now. The soundtrack I picked up to get my free shipping from TRSI is simply amazing.

It does have an amazing soundtrack, as Kon's stuff always did.
But what do you mean by an affordable way to see it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom