• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It does have an amazing soundtrack, as Kon's stuff always did.
But what do you mean by an affordable way to see it?
It's not in print anymore and you won't find it on any streaming sites, as far as I know.

cajunator

Banned
Not everyone feels comfortable buying digital media used!

I dont either but in some cases, like when I had to have Ichigo Mashimaro and the Saint Tail series, I made an exception. Both purchases turned out to be great ones. In Saint Tail's case the worst I ended up with was a slightly scratched but playable disc and a lightly tattered cover. It wasnt a bad deal and the product was accurately described as slightly damaged. The vast majority of sellers are only interested in selling a legitimate product. Just be sure you know what you're getting. In Ichigo Mashimaro's case the product was in exceptional condition.

RrSVol.jpg

Wait what ?
Phi Brain S2 - 23

Very nice episode of keikaku dori on both sides and the betrayal was perfectly done .

I must add that i loved
Melancholy breaking down
and the POG fight even if it was futile.

In short i want a Season 3 .. give me a team of kaito,rook, freecell being awesome against whatever you want

MOAR PLZ

Ok I watched a bit more of SAO.

They are so inconsistent with the not being able to feel rule. Meh.
Something I appreciated that you might not have considered(episodes 5 and 6 spoilers):
the dude thrashing around in agony and the girl having a completely ridiculous mental breakdown in episode 5 probably seemed inconsistent/laughable, but it's because they were acting.

I thought they did a nice job of foreshadowing this with all of the "you don't feel pain" comments.
Guys, I gotta tell you. Very few things beat the feeling of having a boy or a girl look at you and call you "Oniichan."

You think it's just an anime/manga/Japanese film thing, but when it happens in real life your heart just explodes with warm fuzzies.

Seriously.
I will never know the joy of being called oniichan.
jbuyFwm7Gdk83P.jpg

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 14

xc2RNl.jpg

So all the girls in this show are pretty rich except for one. They live in nice homes and they can afford luxuries like nice digital cameras. And yet not a single one of the girls own a cell phone. Really? Why? There is no explanation provided at all, it's simply that none of these girls own a cell phone just for the sake of the convenience of the plot. That shit is even more ridiculous when you think about the fact that the 5 girls are constantly in danger of their lives, they could be attacked in the middle of the night and they apparently don’t have any way of contacting each other. What the hell is this shit?

Really terrible and pointless episode. Reusing the same story and setting from last episode from start to finish - only the bad luck hits the whole group instead of just Miyaki. Nothing humorous or enjoyable and the battle scene sucked too. Yayoi’s RPG adventures were the only remotely interesting part. Worst episode of Smile Precure so far :/

Something I appreciated that you might not have considered(episodes 5 and 6 spoilers):
the dude thrashing around in agony and the girl having a completely ridiculous mental breakdown in episode 5 probably seemed inconsistent/laughable, but it's because they were acting.

Well I know that. But in one episode Kirito grunts in pain... which he shouldn't have. Course that might have been for other reasons.

Smile Precure 14

xc2RNl.jpg

So all the girls in this show are pretty rich except for one. They live in nice homes and they can afford luxuries like nice digital cameras. And yet not a single one of the girls own a cell phone. Really? Why? There is no explanation provided at all, it's simply that none of these girls own a cell phone just for the sake of the convenience of the plot. That shit is even more ridiculous when you think about the fact that the 5 girls are constantly in danger of their lives, they could be attacked in the middle of the night and they apparently don’t have any way of contacting each other. What the hell is this shit?

Really terrible and pointless episode. Reusing the same story and setting from last episode from start to finish - only the bad luck hits the whole group instead of just Miyaki. Nothing humorous or enjoyable and the battle scene sucked too. Yayoi’s RPG adventures were the only remotely interesting part. Worst episode of Smile Precure so far :/

you're nearly there ... the good part will start soon.

And you're right .all these eps would have been unberable without yayoi
i'm also very disapointed that cure beauty is nowhere as good as a character as cure aqua.

Dead

well not really...yet
why the hype over this Magi show? Is it because of Masunari? Its seemingly got Yoshino on script duties, no director can surmount that.

Penguindrum 13

Three flashbacks started to feel like a bit overkill, however all enlightening.
No way their parents could have actually been involved in some super major, just really tragic for Kanba and Shouma :(
. Sanetoshi is awesome, with such great lines and deserves more screentime, and one of his partners or such sounds like Cubic from Phi Brain.

Nisemonogatari 1-2

Araragi, the main character, is actually one pretty cool dude and his little hair thingy that moves around is funny and unique. Like all the upclose shots and just various others ones so he is the animes high point. 1st episodes best moment was the whole thing with the adding courage/courageous to stuff to make it sound better even if its bad, had me laughing lots (oh and the whole opening scene with senjougohara(sp) was visually stunning.

Episode 2 started out alright but I was kept on the border of do not want to watch no more...why so pervy with the girls inviting them to their house. Even worst with the one who shares a voice with Horizon's Honda Masazumi
why so excited to get all naked on the phone and then the grandma, and then naked on the books when he comes...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Penguindrum 13

Three flashbacks started to feel like a bit overkill, however all enlightening.
No way their parents could have actually been involved in some super major, just really tragic for Kanba and Shouma :(
. Sanetoshi is awesome, with such great lines and deserves more screentime, and one of his partners or such sounds like Cubic from Phi Brain.

Nisemonogatari 1-2

Araragi, the main character, is actually one pretty cool dude and his little hair thingy that moves around is funny and unique. Like all the upclose shots and just various others ones so he is the animes high point. 1st episodes best moment was the whole thing with the adding courage/courageous to stuff to make it sound better even if its bad, had me laughing lots (oh and the whole opening scene with senjougohara(sp) was visually stunning.

Episode 2 started out alright but I was kept on the border of do not want to watch no more...why so pervy with the girls inviting them to their house. Even worst with the one who shares a voice with Horizon's Honda Masazumi
why so excited to get all naked on the phone and then the grandma, and then naked on the books when he comes...

Episode 4 has lots of unrobed Araragi, you will love it. ^^

madp

The Light of El Cantare
you're nearly there ... the good part will start soon.

And you're right .all these eps would have been unberable without yayoi
i'm also very disapointed that cure beauty is nowhere as good as a character as cure aqua.

From what I've seen of Karen in Yes! Precure 5, Reika at least doesn't entirely act like your standard 1% oujosama in spite of being one. That alone makes her more tolerable.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
From what I've seen of Karen in Yes! Precure 5, Reika at least doesn't entirely act like your standard 1% oujosama in spite of being one. That alone makes her more tolerable.

Reika falls under the "completely sheltered oujo-sama who wants to experience the world but has no idea how it really works" type, not the haughty oujo-sama type.

7Th

Karen is the tsundere-type rich girl, actually. More evident in GoGo when a second tsundere joins the team and they are tsundere to each other.

duckroll

Here's how much of a troll they are, the new Magi PV uses every single previous animation cut from the previous teasers (all 12 of them!) and adds just ONE new animation cut of less than 0.5 seconds:

kAQBU.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Reika falls under the "completely sheltered oujo-sama who wants to experience the world but has no idea how it really works" type, not the haughty oujo-sama type.

Also Reika goes to a (presumably) public school in spite of having buckets of money, which is a point in her favor even if "rich kids are just like everyone else and totally approachable and easy to befriend" is a false message.

Granted I've only seen seven episodes of Yes 5 so there's ample time for token characterization, but Karen doesn't strike me as the type who would have befriended the other characters if she weren't bound by her mutual purpose with everyone else. Hell,
her first transformation failed because she refused to be a team player

Karen is the tsundere-type rich girl, actually. More evident in GoGo when a second tsundere joins the team and they are tsundere to each other.

oh god I'm having enough difficulty slogging through it as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom