• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Well it seems to have Hagani 2, that other SHAFT show, Vived Red, Minami-ke 4 and get hype, the next stage of AKB0048!!!

4Z79il.png

Hey, don't forget Yama no Susume!

Aoi and Hinata are childhood friends. Aoi prefers staying indoors and is afraid of heights, whereas Hinata is outgoing and loves mountaineering. They both decide to climb a mountain, in order to see a sunrise they saw together when they were younger.

with Kana Asumi (as Hinata),Yuka Iguchi (as Hinata) and Yui Ogura (as Kokona)!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think one of the main themes of the movie is that the imaginative reconstruction of the past is able to help guide your decisions in the present and path into the future. We look back to prepare ourselves for looking forwards. That's the "coming of age" archetype in a nutshell, after all.
Yeah. I think it's because of the affection paid to that particular element of the past. It's almost like Only Yesterday, actually. Although, I suppose not every past event necessarily has to be tragic either, for you to learn from it.

Articalys

Aoi and Hinata are childhood friends. Aoi prefers staying indoors and is afraid of heights, whereas Hinata is outgoing and loves mountaineering. They both decide to climb a mountain, in order to see a sunrise they saw together when they were younger.
Cast:

Aoi -- Yuka Iguchi
Hinata -- Kana Asumi
Kokona -- Yui Ogura

I said god damn.

with Kana Asumi and Yuka Iguchi!
In a better world, this story would go terribly awry.

Branduil

Pale Cocoon

A haunting and atmospheric science fiction tale. Set in a dystopian future where humanity lives a meager existence in an artificial underground environment, forgetting even their history, Pale Cocoon tells the story of the few people remaining who care enough to compile archives of the happier past. Given its short running time, the plot is necessarily tightly-knit, but it effectively uses its central conceit as a vehicle for characterization. The central characters do not speak much of their relationship, but we understand it well enough from their actions. Yoshiura seems to come into his own here, as he uses movements through 3D space to great effect.

I feel like Yoshiura makes much better use of CGI than most anime directors, and I think that's due to several reasons. For one, he doesn't use it as a cheap gimmick or cost-saving measure. His sweeping camera movements and frequent POV shots are legitimate visual tools he uses to communicate meaning in an interesting way, as part of his directorial repertoire. The other part of it is that he has a good sense of design, and his CG environments are interesting both on a structural level, and in terms of lighting. Too many CG backgrounds are ruined by flat, boring lighting and repetition of bland elements. And finally, he knows when using a traditional background element will still be more effective.

You know, if Aquatic Language felt like Time of Eve's prototype, in certain ways Pale Cocoon feels like the prototype of Patema Inverted, though there's some clear differences in this case. All things considered, I'd strongly recommend Pale Cocoon to anyone who likes science fiction and anime.

Articalys

Requested by Articalys:
Thanks!

Guys:
1) Kirito
2) Houtarou Oreki
3) Kotetsu T. Kaburagi
4) Rider
5) Lelouch Lamperouge
6) Kira Yamato
7) Barnaby Brooks Jr.
8) Kyon
9) Archer
10) Cinque Izumi

Girls:
1) Saber
2) Eru Chitanda
3) Kuroyukihime
4) Yui Hirasawa
5) Asuna
6) Sheryl Nome
7) Lacus Clyne
8) Azusa Nakano
9) Nanoha Takamichi
10) C.C.

For comparison, last month's rankings:
Guys:
1) Houtarou Oreki
2) Rider
3) Kira Yamato
4) Lelouch Lamperouge
5) Kyon
6) Kirito
7) Haruyuki Arita
8) Cinque Izumi
9) Tetsuya Kuroko
10) Archer

Girls:
1) Eru Chitanda
2) Saber
3) Nanoha Takamichi
4) Fate Testarossa
5) Kuroyukihime
6) Yui Hirasawa
7) Azusa Nakano
8) Lacus Clyne
9) Sheryl Nome
10) Haruhi Suzumiya

wonzo

Banned
Glass Fleet: The Legend of the Wind of the Universe 20

"I'm receiving a transmission from the old warship. It's saying, Ride my... my wind!" - Novy

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna let the gif speak for itself.

ig9kSx8hUohCy.gif

The galaxy in revolution. Renaissance.

Branduil

Glass Fleet: The Legend of the Wind of the Universe 20

"I'm receiving a transmission from the old warship. It's saying, Ride my... my wind!" - Novy

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna let the gif speak for itself.

ig9kSx8hUohCy.gif

The galaxy in revolution. Renaissance.

One of the most amazing moments in a series full of them.

Branduil

The thing most people don't know about eyes, is that they can actually speak. If you listen closely, you can hear them. They say:

ibtwt6XpCIQ3Px.gif

Join us... Man...doric.

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 18

Well, I was certainly looking forward to the Rebel Nobles getting wiped out but the last line at the end has certainly made me uneasy of the whole thing. I'm guessing some of my favourite characters are probably gonna be dead when this is all said and done. :(

duckroll

RIP pizzaroll
Disintegrated by duckroll's Dominator

I just realized that while translating the modes of the gun, I actually messed something up. The disintegration mode is called Decomposer. Yup, it's definitely written by a Japanese dude. :p

Edit: Also, Gen Butch is totally a JRPG writer. "Sibyl System" hmm.... "The word Sibyl (in English, /ˈsɪbəl/) comes (via Latin) from the Greek word σίβυλλα sibylla, meaning prophetess."

Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom