• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wouldn't trust most anime fans. Particularly if they congregated in a place like that. On these boards I haven't seen Kokoro Connect pick up many fans, and I would be shocked to see it much when people vote for their favorite stuff at the end of the year.

Hey if you're a elitist monocle thats fine. It doesn't bother me but the fact that you consider people who like Kokoro Connect to be trolls is pretty rude.

Angel Beats was the 7th best show of 2010 according to GAF. I guess you have a problem with these boards too?

/XX/

The coming-of-age (of sorts) for Oreki just needs a little of that sweet (and hot) teenager love. To feel wanted, unique, that is what he is waiting for!

And now I'm all caught up with Hyouka.

Man, Fukube is such a dick.
Really? How much? I mean, having seen up to episode 11 (well, also episode 11.5)
and it seems clear enough that Fukube has been exhibiting a fear of showing his own sentiments, as Oreki acknowledges, under what appears to be a facade, because of his suppressed insecurities... I was waiting for him to "explode" or be reckless or insensitive in one way or the other as a result of forcing himself
... but now I wonder how? Well, I'll keep on watching to see that soon, because this series has trapped me. Nice!

Even though it deals in mysteries, the focus isn't on the mechanical unraveling of those mysteries but on the relationships between characters. As a mystery show it actually does certain things very right though. The dilemma and the small facets of it are usually laid out very clearly.
I agree completely, dimb (wait, what?)!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do you understand what "approved" means?

Himari is at least several years older than the girls in loli basketball, and just from what was posted here, her wearing a skimpy outfit does not compare with what happens in the other show.

Himari is 13. And there is a lot more content of a sexual nature in that show than simply skimpy outfits. There is nudity. There is sex. There is
rape.

Tomoka and the other girls in RKB are 12.

Firemind

Also, are you perchance watching the dub? Because I definitely don't remember that specific line from the sub. It's actually less corny in Japanese.

Okay, I just checked and he does say it in Japanese, only
in the dub, he also says they'll grow old together.
So I guess I was half correct in that the dub is in fact cheesier.

Soma

Why is Kokoro Connect a bad show?

I don't watch it but I heard enough positive feedback about it.

I'm five episodes in and it's just pretty okay to me so far.

Not bad, nothing great.

The characters are fine but I just haven't felt connected (AHHHHHHHHHH~) to them just yet, the art is solid, and the concept is okay. I'm kind of on the fence regarding how I feel about the antagonist and his motivations. On one hand I find it pretty silly but on the other hand it made for some fairly tense scenes (for me at least, YMMV) especially in the fifth episode.

I definitely don't hate it so I'll be continuing with it.

I'm liking it better than Sword Art Online at least!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm five episodes in and it's just pretty okay to me so far.

Not bad, nothing great.

The characters are fine but I just haven't felt connected (AHHHHHHHHHH~) to them just yet, the art is solid, and the concept is okay. I'm kind of on the fence regarding how I feel about the antagonist and his motivations. On one hand I find it pretty silly but on the other hand it made for some fairly tense scenes (for me at least, YMMV) especially in the fifth episode.

I definitely don't hate it so I'll be continuing with it.

I'm liking it better than Sword Art Online at least!

Makes me so sad....

Branduil

Himari is 13. And there is a lot more content of a sexual nature in that show than simply skimpy outfits. There is nudity. There is sex. There is
rape.

Tomoka and the other girls in RKB are 12.

I was under the impression that Himari was older than that, but I guess that's anime character designs striking again. I was wrong about several years difference. Regardless, there's just no comparison to the way Penguindrum treats Himari and the way loli basketball treats its characters.

Kazzy

The coming-of-age (of sorts) for Oreki just needs a little of that sweet (and hot) teenager love. To feel wanted, unique, that is what he is waiting for!

Really? How much? I mean, having seen up to episode 11 (well, also episode 11.5)
and it seems clear enough that Fukube has been exhibiting a fear of showing his own sentiments, as Oreki acknowledges, under what appears to be a facade, because of his suppressed insecurities... I was waiting for him to "explode" or be reckless or insensitive in one way or the other as a result of forcing himself
... but now I wonder how? Well, I'll keep on watching to see that soon, because this series has trapped me. Nice!

There is a little more to it than that, and although I can empathize with his plight, I found it to be depressing, rather than infuriating.

jbug617

Banned
Why is Kokoro Connect a bad show?

I don't watch it but I heard enough positive feedback about it.

I think a lot of the negative views about Kokoro Connect comes from that stunt they pulled with that voice actor. I like the show, I think it's the best show this season.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was under the impression that Himari was older than that, but I guess that's anime character designs striking again. I was wrong about several years difference. Regardless, there's just no comparison to the way Penguindrum treats Himari and the way loli basketball treats its characters.

Really? Theres full frontal nudity (along with other kinds) in Penguindrum with Himari along with another nude scene that was fairly graphic. Not even counting the other characters who get exploited in a much more sexual nature than anything that happens in RKB.

But yeah I don't remember seeing those caps around here. Probably because it was NSFW to all hell but nobody had any problems doing stupid things with RKB.

Soma

Makes me so sad....

Eh, for what it's worth I don't hate SAO.

Lately it's literally the one of the only shows I've been keeping up with weekly besides Hyouka and Jinrui. Like I've said before I like the concept and all that but the storyline and characters so far are just kind of average to me. Maybe I'll check out the LNs at some point.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Eh, for what it's worth I don't hate SAO.

Lately it's literally the one of the only shows I've been keeping up with weekly besides Hyouka and Jinrui. Like I've said before I like the concept and all that but the storyline and characters so far are just kind of average to me. Maybe I'll check out the LNs at some point.

lol. Well I wasn't being serious with my comment. I know a lot of people have gripes with the show, and I actually feel the same. I just like the series so it sort of trumps my negativity. lol.

Branduil

Really? Theres full frontal nudity (along with other kinds) in Penguindrum with Himari along with another nude scene that was fairly graphic. Not even counting the other characters who get exploited in a much more sexual nature than anything that happens in RKB.

But yeah I don't remember seeing those caps around here. Probably because it was NSFW to all hell but nobody had any problems doing stupid things with RKB.

The nude scenes in Penguin Drum had barbie doll anatomy and, other than one particular scene in the middle of the show which a lot of us had problems with, were not really presented in a particularly exploitive way. People here were self-censoring loli basketball screencaps even when they weren't nudity because they were so offensive.

Ultimadrago

You know, this reminds me. /XX/ and icarus-daedelus are the only posters I know that regularly use "Post Titles"!
("..." being /XX/'s usual.)

I find them to be neat, clever snippets of a post when I remember to check them out.

Edit: Heeey, Watanabe Kazuma. You were supposed to keep your post as ellipsis!

Toriko 70
tumblr_ma9bysWKKI1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Darn this definitely felt like some kind of filler, no battle or nothing :( However, I did like Komatsu's part. I also like seeing Zonge, just for the sake of hearing his one follower say "Zonge-sama" all excitedly. I wanted to see Starjun again :/

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Are mature themes suddenly off limits? I don't really understand the point of this discussion. Nothing about Penguin Drum is exploitative.

Are mature themes suddenly off limits? I don't really understand the point of this discussion. Nothing about Penguin Drum is exploitative.

I think Darksides original point was that the cover of the release is exploitative.

But then this discussion happened, so I am not sure anymore.

edit:holy shit I forgot to number my post

Who said that?

maybe I'm wrong

I dunno. It's probably more of a problem than you think it is. I honestly don't know if you're joking with some of your impressions or not when you do stuff like thrash Hyouka and turn around to heap praise on Kokoro Connect.

Come on, we both know that post deserved that kind of response. It's not like you were attempting to engender serious discussion. There are posters here who could make that criticism legitimately, but coming from someone who claims to enjoy loli basketball, it's impossible to view it as anything besides a rather lame joke.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Who said that?

I dunno. It's probably more of a problem than you think it is. I honestly don't know if you're joking with some of your impressions or not when you do stuff like thrash Hyouka and turn around to heap praise on Kokoro Connect.

Evidently I'm a troll because I don't like a show I'm supposed to love and I happen to really enjoy a show that has no merits according to him.

Really? Nothing? The entire Ringo
bound and attempted rape
stuff was trashy and exploitative.

I didn't have a problem with the presentation of that scene as much as I did the context. When some sexual shenanigans were done in a similar fashion in Utena with something
Akio/Anthy
it was easy to understand what was going on - I never felt that was the case with Penguindrum.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Glop Art Online 10

So... what does this mean for Lisbeth's chances?

They married young and hardly got to know each other. Kirito looks very likely to have an affair and end up losing everything in a messy divorce. Lisbeth has a fractional chance if she strike during the rebound.

jman2050

They married young and hardly got to know each other. Kirito looks very likely to have an affair and end up losing everything in a messy divorce. Lisbeth has a fractional chance if she strike during the rebound.

I imagine it'll be when he realizes maxing out cooking in SAO does nothing for the real world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom