• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is just jealous that a squid is cuter than she is, especially the mini-squid version.

s1zhzwt.gif

Thoraxes

Moyashimon Returns - 09

A2YTq.jpg
LYw88.jpg

One word: Heartwarming :)

A sombrero is a man's soul.

I started this arc thinking I wouldn't give a shit about it, but it just became so sincere that I couldn't help but love it so much.

cajunator

Banned
She is just jealous that a squid is cuter than she is, especially the mini-squid version.

s1zhzwt.gif

Holy squeecake jesus thats so precious.

Well that doesn't sound very fun.

Well, they are both computer/anime nerds. They also love gaming. We have been friends since College. We get along very well, no fighting or arguing. There is very fast internet, All the anime/manga you could ever want, and every videogame system. We all pay rent on time and nobody skips out on payments. We all have a designated parking space and park so the others arent blocked in. They stay quiet while Im asleep and I stay quiet when theyre asleep. We all take turns with housework. Its pretty much an ideal situation.

Branduil

You don't have all your old posts linked?! lol

I don't think I said a lot about it.

It's interesting that it uses photography as a vehicle for mono no aware, because it initially seems like a contradiction. Mono no aware is all about the inevitable transience of a moment in time, while photography purports to preserve each moment until the end of time, or at least until the photos completely decay. But the reason it works is because a photograph isn't the moment itself, only a lingering ghost
(quite literally, in this case)
. So, the awareness of that irretrievable time induced by the photograph actually heightens the mono no aware, counter-intuitively enough.

Branduil

Squid Girl 1-10

Squid puns.

Oh and I guess it's great so far.

Shouldn't you be watching something more current? I mean, I'm sure it will tide you over for now, but the flood of Squid Girl posts in this thread has long since subsided. Dredging this up now is just going to sink animeGAF.

Nodame Cantabile 17

I was almost at the point of giving up, I didn't like the plot and found it boring. But right now, the past few episodes have been pretty interesting.

I must be the only one not liking Nodame.

Thoraxes

Nodame Cantabile 17

I was almost at the point of giving up, I didn't like the plot and found it boring. But right now, the past few episodes have been pretty interesting.

I must be the only one not liking Nodame.

Her character is something that needs all the episodes to fully appreciate.

Steroyd

Shouldn't you be watching something more current? I mean, I'm sure it will tide you over for now, but the flood of Squid Girl posts in this thread has long since subsided. Dredging this up now is just going to sink animeGAF.

The despair!

HazQA.gif

Moyashimon Returns - End

The whole France arc was weird, didn't give two shits about Haruka's plight when it was a sub plot in the background during the first half, didn't care when they went to go get her, but somehow I found myself able to watch the whole thing while maintaining interest.

And that cocktease at the end was cruel, please sell well Moyashimon. T_T

Thoraxes

nodame5.gif

I became a fan in the first two episodes. She's like me! Only I can cook a bit better. Oh and she can play the piano better. I guess.

I mean more along the lines of those looking for her character to get well-rounded.

Personally, I was all GYYYYYYYYAAAAAABOOOOOOOOOOOOO from the start lol

Theonik

This is also a MAD. Those are what I'm referring to, not the ones identical to AMVs.
The CG apocalypse revolution is invading MAD as well I see.

Humanity has Declined 1-8

Apart from episodes 3 and 4, this is really fun so far, even though 7&8 recycled so much footage, it was all worth it for
Time Paradogs
. I can't believe they spent two whole episodes working up to that.
BANANA

Also this is clearly not a chronological order for each stories
It should be simple enough to build a chronological order once you get to about 8 or so and yes the episodes are out of order and somewhat intertwined for some of the later episodes.

I was asking cajunator, and dreams are pretty mundane much of the time.
I mostly dream in Sakuga.

Extrapolating based on this trend, Hosoda's next film will make over 7.5 billion yen, and the next after that over 12 million yen.
Quite a big drop there!

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 22

Oh, if only they carried out such empty and worthless words. Oh well, everything's looking up with their impending doom. I can't possibly see anything thing but good things coming fr....

logh22d.jpg

... oh.

Orlandu84

Fuck the Republic.

Fuck the Empire.

One of the most striking aspects about LOGH is that things tend to get much worse before they get any better. Yet things get worse not on a whim but on account of the choices and motivations of characters. Moreover, what goes for the individual characters also goes for the actions of political entities, e.g. the Republic and Empire. In that sense the show could be the best anime example of realpolitik in action.

Looks like the official site is now up for the Date A Live anime, confirming it will air in 2013, with some key character art and the staff and cast announced:

http://date-a-live-anime.com/

KgU9G.jpg

For a refresher on what this series is about:

In the story, a boy named Sido (Shidō) Itsuka meets a spirit girl who has been rejected by a devastated world. The girl, who Sido names "Tohka," happens to have wiped out much of humanity 30 years ago, and now she is back. The only way to stop her is to date her.
Fuck yes, I've been ignoring the manga because I've been waiting for this. Kurumi (far left) looks as glorious as I'd hoped. Was slightly concerned she wouldn't live up to Tsunako's art, but looks like I was worrying over nothing.

I only see characters from the first 3 volumes there
(well, first 4 I guess)
, but as long as they're covering volume 3 that's good enough for me.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
The Qwaser series is all class.

Class DDD? ;P (I might check out at some point)

Squid Girl 1-10

Squid puns.

Oh and I guess it's great so far.

I love this show so much. I hope Season 2 gets released on BD in America eventually.

That show is miraculous.
My roommate tried to watch some of it but she said it was too silly for her tastes.
She also said Omishi Magical theater Risky Safety was too cute to watch.
She also didnt like Princess tutu :(

o_O What the... how the... ;_;

[Yuri Yuri] - 1

These are the worst uniform designs ever.
NO. These are very good for delusions these uniforms!!

Yuru Yuri isn't even real yuri. The yuri is always played for laughs.
That's why it's yuru .. if you want yuri , then read Yuriyuri , instead of watching yuru yuri
(see what i mean ? )..and it's not like the yuri isn't totally explicit in the yuru yuri anime.

if you want more yuri in the same universe , the author publish his own doujins under a pen name . Talk about yuri dedication ..

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 24

"because humans are just human"

Fuck the Republic.
Fuck the Empire.
fuck everyone :(

One of the most striking aspects about LOGH is that things tend to get much worse before they get any better. Yet things get worse not on a whim but on account of the choices and motivations of characters. Moreover, what goes for the individual characters also goes for the actions of political entities, e.g. the Republic and Empire. In that sense the show could be the best anime example of realpolitik in action.
Yeah, one of the great things about LOGH is that all the major events have a very natural and plausible build-up to them that is sorely lacking in most, if not all other shows.

Naruto SD 25
tumblr_majnzmss0O1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_majo3h2xw71qbxqfpo1_500.png

First skit was awful and not even worth mentioning, however the second skit was really hilarious. Just the bombs on everyone and the requirements to keep it from difussing made me laugh and the whole thing. Though is the second image there really a parody of an actual anime (diffuse a bomb in space in some bathroom?)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Naruto SD 25
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majnzmss0O1qbxqfpo1_500.pnghttp://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majo3h2xw71qbxqfpo1_500.png

First skit was awful and not even worth mentioning, however the second skit was really hilarious. Just the bombs on everyone and the requirements to keep it from difussing made me laugh and the whole thing. Though is the second image there really a parody of an actual anime (diffuse a bomb in space in some bathroom?)
I'd guess Captain Harlock, but Harlock never wore a hat.

Defuser

Phi Brain S2 ep 24
Man I knew Freecell is fucked up with his obsession with Kaito but a mom complex via Nonaha? That's beyond fuck up. lol at Gammon staring at long hair nonoha. Poor Hoist lol

sonicmj1

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 11

There's only one more episode after this? Fuuuuuck.

ibXkp1SuK06Yu.png

Normally, I'd call these oversaturated backgrounds a cost-cutting measure, but they haven't relied on that sort of thing much in the past. It's more a way of getting across the brightness of the summer sun.

This was a great episode. The basic setup of "summer vacation" allowed them to set up a lot of different gags involving most of the cast, and they built on each other well. Both halves ended on great punchlines.

This episode also finally got Josephine to break into my heart, poko~. Damn thing is so cute. She should have been in the show more earlier.

I'll miss this show a lot.

cajunator

Banned
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru 11

There's only one more episode after this? Fuuuuuck.

This was a great episode. The basic setup of "summer vacation" allowed them to set up a lot of different gags involving most of the cast, and they built on each other well. Both halves ended on great punchlines.

This episode also finally got Josephine to break into my heart, poko~. Damn thing is so cute. She should have been in the show more earlier.

I'll miss this show a lot.

I know. Just wait for season 2! :D

:(

;_;

cajunator

Banned
Oh? By whom?

"Media Blasters have licensed the anime in North America under the title Squid Girl. The first season was released on two DVD volumes released on September 27, 2011 and December 6, 2011 respectively,[8][9] followed by a Blu-ray Disc release on March 13, 2012.[10] Media Blasters have also announced they will be releasing the second season.[11] The first season was released on DVD in the United Kingdom by Manga Entertainment on August 13, 2012.[12]"

Defuser

Yuruyuri Fuwa Fuwa final
The whole snow white play is a marvellous way to end the show, makes me wanna rewatch Nichibros ED.

I hope there's a season 3.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
"Media Blasters have licensed the anime in North America under the title Squid Girl. The first season was released on two DVD volumes released on September 27, 2011 and December 6, 2011 respectively,[8][9] followed by a Blu-ray Disc release on March 13, 2012.[10] Media Blasters have also announced they will be releasing the second season.[11] The first season was released on DVD in the United Kingdom by Manga Entertainment on August 13, 2012.[12]"

MB are still around? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom