• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 11

So, how do you top the best Gundam fight ever? You aim straight for the heart.

iELIGX6jzqhem.png

Even if you miss, you'll blow up a goddamn mountain. That's something to be proud of.

While Shiro's and Aina's naivete reaches series highs despite all of the shows efforts to dissuade it, this was still a fantastic emotional climax. Ginias and the Fed general put the ideals of our heroes to the test, but their realpolitik doesn't stop our heroes from believing in a brighter future. And while the ending was bittersweet (and I honestly have no clue how they could have survived), it was a perfect sort of triumph. Peace is not easily earned.

I mean, Shiro loses a leg. That's fucking hardcore.

While I don't care for throwaway villain motivations (so that line about Ginias's mother really did nothing for me), his repeated acts of full-on douchebaggery make him a great villain who I was happy to see die. The watch saving her life is about as cliche as it gets, but it's still nice.

Karen Joshua is a great character, and I really like her arc. She reveals emotional depth without ever discarding her strength and fierceness. I don't want to say she was underutilized (I don't know if further exposure would actually help), but she was definitely my favorite of Shiro's subordinates.

This was a great finale, so I have no idea what I'm going to see next week.

It looks like it's raining, huh...

/XX/

Is he working on Psycho-Pass? If not, I don't know who he is!
Guys... is duckroll's hype the best hype? I'm inclined to believe so!
But, you know, I'm a bit worried for this series now... worse work schedule for PSYCHO-PASS than the one of Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine incoming?

wonzo

Banned
Guys... is duckroll's hype the best hype? I'm inclined to believe so!
But, you know... worse work schedule for PSYCHO-PASS than for Lupin the Third: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine incoming?
My god, first JoJo and now Psycho-Pass?! Is there anything the spectre of KoikeLupin won't dehype? :(

Nodame certainly introduced me to some great classical music.
Now you just gotta watch the other two seasons and OVA's!

BluWacky

I'm still mystified why the anime never got licensed.

I think you can watch some of it on Crackle? I don't even really understand what Crackle is, but that's what it says on Wiki.

Otherwise, I can think of a lot of reasons why it wouldn't get licensed. No fanservice or other high-concept hooks for the stereotypical anime audience, classical music is "boring", too girly, the manga got cancelled in the US when Kodansha took their licenses away from Del Rey and hasn't been continued since, etc. etc.

Firemind

I think you can watch some of it on Crackle? I don't even really understand what Crackle is, but that's what it says on Wiki.

Otherwise, I can think of a lot of reasons why it wouldn't get licensed. No fanservice or other high-concept hooks for the stereotypical anime audience, classical music is "boring", too girly, the manga got cancelled in the US when Kodansha took their licenses away from Del Rey and hasn't been continued since, etc. etc.

I'd put Nodame Cantabile in the same group as other Noitamina shows: Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Kuragehime, Bunny Drop, Kids on the Slope, Tsuritama, and they all got licensed.

Jormungand 1

I think I'll like this between the premise, action, soundtrack, and general feel. Those vehicles are something else though. Someone posted a shot of the jet from the beginning when this first aired and I spent some time trying to understand why. I didn't realize it was CG nor did I realize just how bad it looked in motion. Koko's kinda crazy too, isn't she?

Ive been rewatching it, the music is good even if they keep using various moments of the two or so versions of Time To Attack, ah and the OP spng,, Borderland, is catchy. I just dont like how they did some of the faces and eyebrows, some moments Koko will look really awful because of it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the fabulousness is getting better. Not quite up to the standards of the manga, but that's pretty much impossible.

Articalys

From the Media Create sales thread:

07./00. [PS3] Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥7.330) - 17.677 / NEW
08./00. [PSP] Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥6.280) - 15.228 / NEW

duckroll

07./00. [PS3] Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥7.330) - 17.677 / NEW
08./00. [PSP] Accel World: Ginyoku no Kakusei # <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.09.13} (¥6.280) - 15.228 / NEW

Not bad for a super shitty game. Lol. Over 30k fans suckered into paying premium price for a shit game just for an OVA! :(

-----

In other news, Psycho-Pass' ED theme is confirmed: http://6109.jp/guiltycrown-news/

The ED theme is "Namae no nai Kaibutsu" (Monster without a name) by Egoist. Incidentally, the song title is identical to the name of the storybook in the Monster manga/anime. Coincidence or more shameless attempts to associate the show with established works? You decide!

fertygo

Well the fabulousness is getting better. Not quite up to the standards of the manga, but that's pretty much impossible.
The art for PB is a mess though in the manga, I like those anime design.

Wow, that's pretty decent.. I wonder if they gonna happy with this.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not bad for a super shitty game. Lol. Over 30k fans suckered into paying premium price for a shit game just for an OVA! :(

-----

In other news, Psycho-Pass' ED theme is confirmed: http://6109.jp/guiltycrown-news/

The ED theme is "Namae no nai Kaibutsu" (Monster without a name) by Egoist. Incidentally, the song title is identical to the name of the storybook in the Monster manga/anime. Coincidence or more shameless attempts to associate the show with established works? You decide!

Greatness aligning itself with more greatness.

Psycho-Pass is like the anime equivalent of the Miami Heat.

jman2050

So Gen gonna choke and make shitty ending?

And make come back with rewriting story for Ufotable FSN anime!

And KyoAni are the Lakers, which means after the Ufotable FSN anime KyoAni will end their slide by their releasing Haruhi S3, Lucky Star S2, and K-On!!! in succession, while Urobuchi returns as head writer of Madoka Magica S2. And the end of next year will be the final battle between Madoka Season 2 and K-On!!!

NBA-GAFxAnimuGAF slash fiction when

And KyoAni are the Lakers, which means after the Ufotable FSN anime KyoAni will end their slide by their releasing Haruhi S3, Lucky Star S2, and K-On!!! in succession, while Urobuchi returns as head writer of Madoka Magica S2. And the end of next year will be the final battle between Madoka Season 2 and K-On!!!

Now I'm wondering who the Cavs would be in this scenario :p

I grew up in Ohio and I'm still for whatever reason a fan of all the crappy Cleveland teams

fertygo

And after that Gen joining Kyoani make their usual style animu that people hate :(

Narag

Ive been rewatching it, the music is good even if they keep using various moments of the two or so versions of Time To Attack, ah and the OP spng,, Borderland, is catchy. I just dont like how they did some of the faces and eyebrows, some moments Koko will look really awful because of it.

I sort of like her design. It feels very predatory which seems to fit.

Branduil

I don't understand this Miami Heat joke. I feel left out. :(

Ludicrous hype and bragging prior to showing us anything, falls flat on its face before a belated delivery of the actual goods, and then only because circumstances conspired to give it unique advantage.

Basically, Psycho-Pass will have a disappointing first cour, and the second cour will be good, but only relatively because everything else airing at the time will suck.

cajunator

Banned
Saimoe Round 2 - Groups A & B, Day 1 Results

A1
1st 327 Saki Miyanaga @ Saki
2nd 196 Nako Oshimizu @ Hanasaku Iroha
3rd 135 Illyasviel Von Einzbern @ Fate/Zero

B1
1st 277 Iori Minase @ The Idolmaster
2nd 229 Shinobu Oshino @ Nisemonogatari
3rd 129 Yuka Hanaki @ Natsuiro Kiseki

----------------------------------

Today's matches:

Remon vs. Mahiru vs. Kobato

Ilya... :(

ALso, that new one is a heavyweight bout between three very strong contenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom