• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always get another hobby.

I'll say too late for that.

Make sure you watch the Arcana Duello!!!!

That actually happens?

Only 38? You should try living in my world.

It was a two week or so break.

Maybe you can only watch the good ones?

Maybe I'll actually do that next season.

It'll be fun by the time those 38 episodes turn into 38 shows. Trust me.

This is only counting what I'm following this season. I'm not even starting on my backlog.

I have....well the number is not important. It numbers in the hundreds of episodes and makes me sad.

Update your MAL.

cajunator

Banned
You need to make yourself a MAL. I need to see this.

I have one.
Its not fully updated though.
Its also missing quite a few running series.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cajunator

Also LOL

GsuOH.jpg

qdNIU.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I have one.
Its not fully updated though.
Its also missing quite a few running series.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Cajunator
You really need to work on watching shows one at a time.
huh. I thought the prequels were hated straight out the door. I've never heard of people liking them initially then slowly becoming soured.
The amount of money they made is a testament to the contrary. I don't know about the criticism industry, however.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
[Cross Game] - 2

This show is still looks really cheap and ugly, the level of detail on just about everything is extremely low.

I guess it really speaks volumes that, despite this, I still really enjoyed this episode and I want to watch the next one. This has nothing to do with the strength of the visual storytelling or the direction or the animation or the art, I'm solely engaged in the story as a result of the characters. That's surprisingly rare, I guess the only other example I can think of where I kept watching a ugly show was Towards the Terra.

Good stuff.

I liked the way it looked. It was true to Adachi with some modern day feel to it - I guess one could consider that cheap and ugly. Nice to see something hearken back to the days of Touch.

Great show but honestly didn't enjoy it as much as I did Touch. I guess I'd feel differently about Cross Game if that was the first Adachi experience I had.

Toward the Terra was :DTL man. Also the best show of 2007. Also another a show that intentionally felt "cheap and ugly" (and probably was) in order to keep a specific style.

Either way the visuals are the least important part of a good anime.

cajunator

Banned
You really need to work on watching shows one at a time.

The amount of money they made is a testament to the contrary. I don't know about the criticism industry, however.

Ive tried.
It doesnt work.

However I have been able to catch up on Space Brothers, Accel World, Tari Tari, Sword Art Online, Hyouka, and Jinrui. For me thats an accomplishment!

cajunator

Banned
I just don't see how watching so much shit even works. I would forget what happened in the previous episode by the time I came around to that cartoon anyway.

Yeh thats definitely a problem.
There is just WAY too much airing at any one time and I cant watch much during my work week. I have to wait until my off week and even then I have other stuff that I do.
Its going to start all over again in the Fall/Winter.

fertygo

So apparenty this is the rationalization for a lack of new scenes in the Fate/Zero BD:
http://imageshack.us/a/img440/2452/1348167136685.jpg
^Spoilers yo

I don't necessarily agree with him but it does somewhat make sense.

They should just put the Enkidu's flashback IMO.

That one and why they don't explain
Sola-ui intentionally fall to Lancer's curse
is the most bugging me for their editing choice.

Both doesn't take more than 10 second to put in anime, and just have many layer to add to the story.

sonicmj1

Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team 11

Wait, there's another episode?
I know, right?

Oh no there isn't!
You'll need to explain this a little more.

So I guess they didn't go back and expand that segment? Huh. Weird.

The explanation in that text makes sense, however there are other ways to inject the material into the story rather than a straight flashback.

Yeah, that's sort of how I feel, too.

The two techniques that jump immediately in to my mind (and obviously both would be easier said than done) are intercutting and stringing out the material earlier. But the latter seems like something they tried to avoid (Kiritsugu's backstory was given in pieces in the novel, and is boiled down into episodes in the adaptation), and the former would be tough with the Berserker fight, which is already happening at the same time as other stuff.

The editing in those last episodes feels like parts are missing, so I wonder if they had originally planned to include those cuts at the end, only to discover too late that they'd be too ruinous to the pacing. At least with Berserker it feels like they're able to reach some kind of compromise in the end.

trejo

So is Fat/Zero shit now?

I remember the last episode I watched was the one with
Saber chasing Rider around in her ugly CG bike
and it felt somewhat disjointed with a number of character's action and motivations not making much sense. Are you telling me it gets even worse than that?

Maybe the situation with the first release spoiled me but I was totally expecting a lot of that shit to get fixed.

Pooya

well, reading that image Jarmel posted was really disappointing, those two episodes were bad with all the jumps in their current form actually, I don't get his excuse. specially after educating myself on the novels they are even more disappointing considering how much time they wasted elsewhere but they omitted really important scenes right from climax of the story. those scenes are really important,
specially Berserker ones, without those the viewer doesn't even understand what really happened after he/she watches the scene in the anime
. these are very important character moments and conclusions, you can't just cut them like that, the info is needed.

so, what they have added to other episodes? details are out?

cajunator

Banned
So is Fat/Zero shit now?

and it felt somewhat disjointed with a number of character's action and motivations not making much sense. Are you telling me it gets even worse than that?

Maybe the situation with the first release spoiled me but I was totally expecting a lot of that shit to get fixed.

Fate Zero was never shit.

You cajuns all have the same idea!

We aim to Cajunate!

Jarmel

Banned
well, reading that image Jarmel posted was really disappointing, those two episodes were bad with all the jumps in their current form actually, I don't get his excuse. specially after educating myself on the novels they are even more disappointing considering how much time they wasted elsewhere but they omitted really important scenes right from climax of the story. those scenes are really important,
specially Berserker ones, without those the viewer doesn't even understand what really happened after he/she watches the scene in the anime
. these are very important character moments and conclusions, you can't just cut them like that, the info is needed.

so, what they have added to other episodes? details are out?

I think I got a general gist of it, in that
Lancelot fucked up something and Arthur didn't blame him for it.
I later went to the wikis to find more details but that was more my general curiosity of the show as a whole. I also have some extensive knowledge in Arthurian lore so that my mind maybe made some jumps that I didn't think about.

The two techniques that jump immediately in to my mind (and obviously both would be easier said than done) are intercutting and stringing out the material earlier. But the latter seems like something they tried to avoid (Kiritsugu's backstory was given in pieces in the novel, and is boiled down into episodes in the adaptation), and the former would be tough with the Berserker fight, which is already happening at the same time as other stuff.

The editing in those last episodes feels like parts are missing, so I wonder if they had originally planned to include those cuts at the end, only to discover too late that they'd be too ruinous to the pacing. At least with Berserker it feels like they're able to reach some kind of compromise in the end.

Well they obviously couldn't put the info earlier as it would have ruined the twist of Berserker's identity. Most people had already figured it out but putting some big flashback focusing on
Lancelot
would have been a huge red flag. They're correct that the flashback would have ruined the intensity of the fight, however that's not always bad. I personally would have put the flashback in there but I can see why someone else would have scratched it. I think they could have put the flashback during Saber's monologue but whatevs.

sonicmj1

So is Fat/Zero shit now?

I wouldn't say that. The particular moment you mention is really the only one where I felt character motivations and actions didn't really match.

They worked around the stuff they left out effectively enough that I didn't feel like I was missing vital backstory. The issue was how they cut between fights. It made it feel like they were skipping stuff in those scenes.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't extend them, even just as an indulgent bonus.

Jarmel

Banned
The fight doesn't have intensity as is because you don't understand what's going on. It's just a poor decision.

Well I understood that it was
Lancelot and that he hated Arthuria due to some stuff in the past.
I didn't know all the details but I did know that it was a personal grudge.

Narag

Binbougami ga 12

I should have stayed firm on Team Momiji. I wavered and succumbed to the temptation of Team Ranmaru and now I'm missing out.

Death Note stuff had me laughing and the Cutie Honey reference was nice. Dare I say.. best ep yet?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Space Brothers 22
So much broness going on, ugliest anime dog ever aside. I'll miss this arc, it was incredibly lovely and satisfying, but I'm glad we are finally moving into new territory. I also like how this show goes beyond glorifying and vilifying certain characters, and instead goes out of the way to make sure all of them seem relatable and believable.

P.S. The idea that Rocky 12 would be starred by animals further confirms Hosodapocalypse's success. And anime sound directors needs to start using real dog soundbites when voicing dogs.
Too bad after these two awesome episode (20-21) its become shit again :(
nooooooooooooo :(
lolol, what
La tuya que!

So far Shiryu is the only one who has managed to get laid. All the other ones are just aimless bums, as expected.
What's the point if he can't even get an erection anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom