• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

So glad for more Arcana Famiglia, but I was hoping for another season :(
A new unaired anime episode and a new game were announced for the La storia della Arcana Famiglia franchise at Sunday's "Anime La storia della Arcana Famiglia's 1st Event 'La prima festa.'" The unaired extra episode is titled "Capriccio – stile Arcana Famiglia" and it will be on the Arcana Famiglia Special Disc "La prima festa" along with a summary video of Sunday's event. The Blu-ray Disc/DVD release will arrive on March 27, 3013.

The event offered no more details about the new game's release and contents other than its title: Arcana Famiglia 2.
Waiting 1001 years for the BDs will be painful.

jbug617

Banned
Just checking around and seems in Kuroko no Basket,
Kise vs Aomine will be episode 22-24. That would mean 1 more episode left in the season.
Also seems that magazine scan was fake about an anime-original character.

Branduil

Looks like they completely changed the design of the first story dungeon in Magi:

Od0zR.jpg

vFjFP.jpg

Dungeon? Is this an RPG?

Rice bowl on his jaw, nose on his hair... what a freak.

hmmm can you change up your face and hairstyle in SAO?

At times you do wonder if the animators or author kinda forgot about the 'real life faces angle' and just wanted to make medieval fantasy faces.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Polar Bear Cafe:
I don't know why they showed a random skyrail thingie, but it just reminded me that I wanted to ride one... if only to know if they shake if you move around the cab. lol

Show no one cares about:
Also, Kanna-face is like in every other shitty anime ever. Delicious tears!

Space Brothers 22:
So I still find it cute that they both acknowledge this mythical Team C, but don't actually give them any time. I suppose you'll
see at least two of them when the show moves on to the next arc anyway
This episode also reminded me that I really don't like how they randomly mix English with the Japanese. It just reminds me that the actors can't speak English (and can't even pronounce "Orion" like an American would), so I'm being forced to just think about how broken the whole situation is.
Again, it's not a fair complaint because this show isn't for foreigners anyway, but it's just weird. They just need to do the Moyashimon thing and flash a sign on the screen that tells the audience what language the characters are supposed to be speaking.

(There's also the other thing where when he actually says "five-by-five", it sounds like someone else was saying it because of the weird audio mixing. :p)

And I just found this random quote in the previews hilarious. It's like the most Asian "no pressure but don't fail me as a son you worthless parasite that has sucked me dry for the last 18-22 years" passive agressive thing ever. lol

I'm also still feeling the effects of being free from the capsule. Just seeing new backgrounds after weeks of the same walls was great. That arc really was Endless Eight 2012. lol

Branduil

When a director puts a filter like that onto a show it is normally to create a certain atmosphere and not because its cheaper. Its intentional, and therefore a subjective opinion whether it looks good or not, but it doesnt make it a bad decision.

But the VN screenshots have the same atmosphere without looking so bad, I doubt that was intentional.

Just checking around and seems in Kuroko no Basket,
Kise vs Aomine will be episode 22-24. That would mean 1 more episode left in the season.
Also seems that magazine scan was fake about an anime-original character.

Meh.

Not having an anime-original character isn't a big deal. At the very least, it'll be easy to jump into a season 2 if they don't filler end it, if that ever gets announced.

hmmm can you change up your face and hairstyle in SAO?

At times you do wonder if the animators or author kinda forgot about the 'real life faces angle' and just wanted to make medieval fantasy faces.
Lizbeth is proof that you can change your hairstyle/color. Faces I'm not so sure about.

I thought Klein's group had a believable look, but the army having near identical faces and body types was distracting. I'm guessing they introduced the army in this episode because they will be significant later on, but jeez did they bring the episode down.

Is it good?

It's your average harem series with running an election tacked onto it. It doesn't really do anything new besides going between happy go lucky times one moment and sad heavy times the next.

There's way too many harem members of every variety but the show hasn't been terrible. Just average.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But you liked Endless Eight.
As did I, though, thats not to say I enjoyed it. There has been enough discourse on it already, but I will say that it was an extremely brave concept to execute on, whether misguided or not.
Yeah, it was interesting to feel that same feeling of frustration and freedom again. Although because of Endless Eight, the capsule episodes of Space Bros had much less of an effect. But since Space Bros is for real people and Haruhi was for nerds, there probably isn't much crossover.

Now I'm curious as to what show this is since you've not named it.
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate

I think like only me, DTL, and firehawk is actually watching it and posting about it.
Is it good?

It's your average harem series with running an election tacked onto it. It doesn't really do anything new besides switching between happy go lucky times one moment and switching to sad heavy times the next.

There's way too many harem members of every variety but the show hasn't been terrible. Just average.
I dunno man, I found the drama to be hilariously hokey at times. Do you remember how the first episode opened with a journalist being "assassinated" for taking pictures of the wrong thing? lol
I'm still in because it looks like Amagami and it has/had a teacher arc... but even that doesn't seem to be long for the world. :(

Arcana Famiglia 10

This week in part-time mobsters, they really didn't do much.

Yeah, plot stuff happens, but not the fighting kind. Instead all the husbandos (you know, the ones that matter, so the main two and the creepy one that wears sunglasses always indoors) banded together to save the otome lead.

Well, it does look like plot dictates that our otome lead has to choose a husbando already to save the day. Can't wait for her to screw the rules and choose them all.

Narag

Oda Nobuna 9

I enjoyed this one as some overarching story elements come together and the lead begins to truly understand how far off history is becoming and how that might affect his worth. Really liked the sunset duel that involved Mitsuhide too.
Nobuna getting back so fast was certainly a wtf moment but hey, rule of cool I guess

Sadly, the preview looks dangerously fanservicey than normal though.

I dunno man, I found the drama to be hilariously hokey at times. Do you remember how the first episode opened with a journalist being "assassinated" for taking pictures of the wrong thing? lol
I'm still in because it looks like Amagami and it has/had a teacher arc... but even that doesn't seem to be long for the world. :(

Yeah, the drama of the series is too silly for me to really take seriously. Maybe if the show was more darker or less happy fun times.

Branduil

Yeah, it was interesting to feel that same feeling of frustration and freedom again. Although because of Endless Eight, the capsule episodes of Space Bros had much less of an effect. But since Space Bros is for real people and Haruhi was for nerds, there probably isn't much crossover.

All anime is for nerds, some shows just appeal to different kinds of nerds.

Space brother 22

Show would be super boring if the soundtrack wasn't so amazing and inspirational.

Also... bananas.

And i would watch that space ntr movie.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, the drama of the series is too silly for me to really take seriously. Maybe if the show was more darker or less happy fun times.
That said, if it was totally played straight, I probably wouldn't care... because if I wanted to see something featuring a high school election, there are just much better choices out there.

All anime is for nerds, some shows just appeal to different kinds of nerds.
Naw, there's anime for real people like Ghibli and the shounen and magical girl shows, and there's anime that airs at 2am. lol

cajunator

Banned
That said, if it was totally played straight, I probably wouldn't care... because if I wanted to see something featuring a high school election, there are just much better choices out there.

Naw, there's anime for real people like Ghibli and the shounen and magical girl shows, and there's anime that airs at 2am. lol

Pretty much. Space Bros airs in a completely different timeslot from most anime us heathens watch.

Narag

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 10

Started off boring with the whole "Am I a hero?" thing going on before progressing into politics and class struggles. Next week looks good though as the BETA renew their assault.

Show needs more drunk Chobi too.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 9

So glad we got plot and action for once for a whole episode, nice.
Red hair v Phil Barnet was a cool, with the Shadow Clone Jutsu
. Hope next one is fight focused.

Nobuna 09

About time you realized that.

Not a bad episode. The main fight wasn't bad until the villain women decided she's tired of actual combat and decided to toss out magic so she could have some time touching herself.

Though, it does seem that the whole Mitsuhide thing is suddenly resolved which is disappointing. I guess I can see how this show could end based off what Nobuna keeps wanting to do, but I guess if you change history once might as well go all the way!

Arcana Famiglia 10
tumblr_m9p53klWMw1qkklefo1_500.jpg

Liberta still leading in the way for the final outcome I think, though Nova too, everyone else is just too caught up in their own dramas. The episode was really good, well ignoring the
naked and entangled in vines
Ojou-sama.

Plot/Drama was suspenseful
So intense when all the feelings were put down and they tried to all take out their anger on the good intentioned Jolly. When Debito pulled the gun out and Pace and Luca were gonna punch him, wow. Thankfully Liberta's words and Nova too swayed everyone else and even gave us that intense in Fel scene with Mondo too
. I really liked this and the last episode.

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group E, Day 2 Results:

E02
1st 460 Yumi Kajiki @ Saki
2nd 406 Erio Touwa @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
3rd 124 Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch

E06
1st 517 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
2nd 396 Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler
3rd 86 Yachiyo Todoroki @ Working!

E10
1st 639 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki