• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nobuna 09

About time you realized that.

Not a bad episode. The main fight wasn't bad until the villain women decided she's tired of actual combat and decided to toss out magic so she could have some time touching herself.

Though, it does seem that the whole Mitsuhide thing is suddenly resolved which is disappointing. I guess I can see how this show could end based off what Nobuna keeps wanting to do, but I guess if you change history once might as well go all the way!
I was going to post that cap. What a cheap way to show branching paths. lol
And come on, this show will have a happy ending. It's a harem show!

I'm watching it now. First episode was dumb.
The series is pretty dumb. lol
(Still better than SAO!)

Theonik

Saimoe Round 1 - Group E, Day 2 Results:

E02
1st 460 Yumi Kajiki @ Saki
2nd 406 Erio Touwa @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
3rd 124 Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch

E06
1st 517 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
2nd 396 Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler
3rd 86 Yachiyo Todoroki @ Working!

E10
1st 639 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
2nd 206 Arata Sagimori @ Saki
3rd 66 Hatsumi Usuzumi @ Saki

-----------------------------------------------
Erica better win this!
Taiga will unfortunately
:(

Kyousogiga 01

Ayr9I.jpg

Yeah, this was a really nice first episode. Gave backstory to the main character, gave us a sexy sounding monologue, kept just how nice the world looked throughout it and finally threw back the craziness in action and other characters.

Now, I just want to see more.

I was going to post that cap. What a cheap way to show branching paths. lol
And come on, this show will have a happy ending. It's a harem show!

The series is pretty dumb. lol
(Still better than SAO!)

I guess I'm too hopeful in an ending that goes up in flames.

Agreed that it's still better than SAO.

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse 10
tumblr_m9qmw8jRHG1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think I complained about this last week, then they delivered this week, lol. He should do it more often.

Im surprised the Russian commander is on his side, I guess everyone eventually goes the Yuuya way. Otherwise next week needs to hurry the insert song and just that part with the BETA coming from the underground mere km away from the base, and Yuuya in an incomplete TSF will make it so suspenseful

Fellow europeans, any cheap place to buy anime from online? Bluray Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya on ebay is no less than 40 euros. Looked at others, they're always above €30. :/

jman2050

Saimoe Round 1 - Group E, Day 2 Results:

E02
1st 460 Yumi Kajiki @ Saki
2nd 406 Erio Touwa @ Denpa Onna To Seishun Otoko
3rd 124 Hiro @ Hidamari Sketch

E06
1st 517 Sanya V. Litvyak @ Strike Witches
2nd 396 Hinagiku Katsura @ Hayate The Combat Butler
3rd 86 Yachiyo Todoroki @ Working!

E10
1st 639 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
2nd 206 Arata Sagimori @ Saki
3rd 66 Hatsumi Usuzumi @ Saki

-----------------------------------------------

I look forward to teh rie domination.

Kazzy

Fellow europeans, any cheap place to buy anime from online? Bluray Dissapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya on ebay is no less than 40 euros. Looked at others, they're always above €30. :/

Unfortunately, it never had a release in Europe, so you'll probably have to pay that sort of price if you're set on getting it.

Instro

Kyousogiga ONA 1

So I still have no clue what is going on in this show, but it remains fun to watch and attractive as well. I was pretty impressed by the score in this ep as well, I don't recall if the original OVA had good music, but I thought the tracks in this one were great. Also, Kugimiya really fits well into this character, maybe because the dialogue isn't her standard schtick.

Looking forward to the next one, I wish I knew what the hell was happening though.

Kyousogiga ONA 1

So I still have no clue what is going on in this show, but it remains fun to watch and attractive as well. I was pretty impressed by the score in this ep as well, I don't recall if the original OVA had good music, but I thought the tracks in this one were great. Also, Kugimiya really fits well into this character, maybe because the dialogue isn't her standard schtick.

Looking forward to the next one, I wish I knew what the hell was happening though.

I would say part of the fun of this series is not knowing what the hell is going on.

cajunator

Banned
Why is it so difficult to get anime in europe? I figured anime would be more popular and easier to get there than in the US for some reason.

BluWacky

wait, so the Us got a BLuray of it and Europe didnt?

We're only really talking the UK here. France and Germany both got it on Bluray.

Anime Blurays sell terribly in the UK. Admittedly, some of this is down to release patterns - who's going to buy a half series collection when we all know a full collection will come out a few months after the second half does - but most of the distributors have stopped doing Blurays for anything other than "sure things".

Xam'd was cancelled on Bluray after the first box because they only sold 500 units, for instance. Haruhi was cancelled at about the same time as K-On and the full boxset of FMA Brotherhood.

Meanwhile, even though you can't buy Kuragehime on Bluray in the UK, our DVD boxset is ten pounds more expensive than the Bluray box from the States. Yaaaaay economic factors!

Kazzy

Why is it so difficult to get anime in europe? I figured anime would be more popular and easier to get there than in the US for some reason.

It depends, and I'm giving a uniquely skewed UK perspective on this whole thing, but apart from the obvious issue of affordability, there is also that of what is available in the first place. Licensing is obviously an issue, and when you get things like Manga UK failing to bring over the second season of K-ON! over, it's hardly encouraging.

As I understand it, France is a huge part of the European Anime market, so I'm guessing they have a slightly wider pool of content.

I only got into watching Anime around a year ago, maybe two at a push, so even going back to relatively new franchises, I'm surprised at just how thin on the ground they are. Like BluWacky has just mentioned, we even struggle to get BR's of the big titles.

It really depends where you live. In some big anime crazy country like France it's probably pretty easy to get anime but when you live in some small country like me (Finland) it's pretty damn difficult as the market is so small for anime.

cajunator

Banned
We're only really talking the UK here. France and Germany both got it on Bluray.

Anime Blurays sell terribly in the UK. Admittedly, some of this is down to release patterns - who's going to buy a half series collection when we all know a full collection will come out a few months after the second half does - but most of the distributors have stopped doing Blurays for anything other than "sure things".

Xam'd was cancelled on Bluray after the first box because they only sold 500 units, for instance. Haruhi was cancelled at about the same time as K-On and the full boxset of FMA Brotherhood.

Meanwhile, even though you can't buy Kuragehime on Bluray in the UK, our DVD boxset is ten pounds more expensive than the Bluray box from the States. Yaaaaay economic factors!

Yeah thats kind of fucked. I guess I am pretty fortunate that we get the stuff we do over here. I have quite a growing collection of BLuray anime sets already. Not sure how much it sells here but its apparently enough to keep companies afloat. Even got blurays of TWGOK S1 and S2 so that was a nice surprise.

Dresden

All I know about Magi is that Aladdin is really cute and some characters have soupbowls in their face.

so uh

what does this have to do with the post you are replying to

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
UK anime = why buy the DVD when the BD may come out but the BD won't come out because no one bought the DVD.

BluWacky

Do they have a different label that they sell these figures? I havent heard of Banpresto.

Really? Banpresto are a pretty famous toy company. They're a Bandai subsidiary if that helps?

UK stilll gets anime that we dont have, or at least better releases, like the Bakuman dub and blu ray :/

Will we still get the dub? I don't know how it works - was the dub handled separately from Media Blasters's release in the USA? Anyway, still no sign of Bakuman actually being release over here.

The Us just seems to get simultaneous releases with both in one set. thats not how the UK does it?

Not normally, no, they're released separately (we mostly only get DVD releases). For live action films we frequently get DVD and Bluray in the same box, but not for regular TV series or anything anime.

I'm still mad that they get The Tatami Galaxy and we don't

Be even madder at the Ozzies - they get Tatami Galaxy, Dennou Coil AND Kaiba, the holy trifecta of Madhouse anime I want! None of them are on Bluray, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom