• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

http://psycho-pass.com/

6MB2e.jpg

Nobuchika Ginoza - A senior Executive Officer (I think this sounds better than Monitoring Officer) in the same department as Akane. VA: Kenji Nojima

Tomomi Mazaoka - A fellow Enforcer in Shinya's department. VA: Kinryuu Arimoto

Shuusei Kagari - A fellow Enforcer in Shinya's department. VA: Akira Ishida

Yayoi Kunidzuka - A fellow Enforcer in Shinya's department. VA: Shizuka Itou

Shion Karanomori - A lab assistant in the Analysis Department. VA: Miyuki Sawashiro

Portable Psychology Diagnostic and Suppression System - Dominator

The Dominator is a special handgun carried by Executive and Enforcement officers on assignments. By aiming the gun at a suspect, its system can instantly calculate the level of criminality the subject possesses. When this value exceeds certain levels, the system then automatically selects the effectiveness of the weapon. If the level does not exceed fixed levels, the muzzle will not open. Furthermore...

Jex

I need Anime Gaf's knowledge and expertise!

I'm going to be reviewing School Days with a couple friends tonight and I need some clarification on the bad endings for those of you familiar with the games.

So far I'm aware of the headfirst plunge into concrete, the stabbing on the beach(?), and the throat slash. I'm pretty sure I remember reading here or elsewhere some talk about Kotonoha getting raped while Makoto/Sekai watch and masturbate, but I could be losing my damn mind. So are there are other notable bad endings that I'm not aware of? Thanks a lot guys!

What is this filth.

I'm going to be reviewing School Days with a couple friends tonight and I need some clarification on the bad endings for those of you familiar with the games.

So far I'm aware of the headfirst plunge into concrete, the stabbing on the beach(?), and the throat slash. I'm pretty sure I remember reading here or elsewhere some talk about Kotonoha getting raped while Makoto/Sekai watch and masturbate, but I could be losing my damn mind. So are there are other notable bad endings that I'm not aware of? Thanks a lot guys!

There is Kotonoha being shoved in front of a moving train.

BluWacky

Looking at the Psycho-Pass image, isn't Shuusei also holding his Dominator with both hands like the girls? I suppose we can't see it as Akane's in the way but it certainly looks like it from his stance. Psycho-Pass in "not quite as sexist as first thought" shocker?

eeew that sounds smutty

duckroll

For clarification in case it's not obvious:

Ishida's character is the crazy hair dude, Nojima's character is glasses bishie, Itou's character is ponytail girl, Sawashiro's character is lab coat, and Arimoto's character is the big guy at the top who looks like he's going to betray everyone.

Looking at the Psycho-Pass image, isn't Shuusei also holding his Dominator with both hands like the girls? I suppose we can't see it as Akane's in the way but it certainly looks like it from his stance. Psycho-Pass in "not quite as sexist as first thought" shocker?

eeew that sounds smutty

But he also has a girly name like Kagari. Totally sexist!!! :D

Jarmel

Banned
That's the thing. If you notice the CG then it's probably going to look out of place.

Yea this is the case.

There is a rather detailed set of Magi interviews with the staff in PASH this month. Here are some of the more interesting things they mentioned with regards to the anime adaptation:

- The anime will adapt the manga up to the conclusion of the Balbadd Arc.

- The introductory chapters early in the manga will be edited to hasten the pace, things will be rearranged and cut. But after that, the major arcs will be adaptated faithful to the manga - The Dungeon Arc, the Kouga Arc, and finally the Balbadd Arc.

- Because of the latter half of the anime series will cover Alibaba's past, they consulted with the original author, and decided to introduce more foreshadowing elements in the earlier parts of the story to build his character.

- The first episode will cover Aladdin and Alibaba's encounter and how they became friends, while the second episode will introduce Jamil and Mor into the picture.

- The will be an anime-only character introduced at some point with
Djinn-equip. This character will use Level 1 Djinn Equip.
(Power up spoiler for manga)

These points seem to suggest to me that at least half or more of the series will cover Balbadd, which clearly should be the case because it's a long arc. It sounds like they're cutting down the first 5 chapters or so to 2 episodes, but if they proceed from there, there still might not be enough episodes in 2-cours to do a full adaptation. I'm starting to think it's possible this could either be a 3-cour adaptation (15-16 episodes for the first two arcs, then 23-24 episodes for Balbadd), or they could be adding an anime-only original arc before Balbadd to make it 4-cour.

Either way, they do seem to be taking the author's approval into consideration, and it seems they want to make a relatively faithful adaptation, but with new stuff which doesn't mess with the overall story.

Is the Balbadd arc the last arc?

Sket Dance 74

What the heck happened? Is this the same Sket Dance I've been watching?

Who's responsible for this? I want names.

I think the main person responsible would be Satoru Nakaya, credited as animation director and lead key animator. He was heavily involved in Noein and Birdy the Mighty Decode, both shows with distinctively rough animation styles, and was one of the animation director of the infamous episode 7 of Birdy S2.

Kagami

Sounds like maybe you're talking about the scene with
Makoto and Hikari watching Kotonoha being raped, without realizing it's a rape,
but that happens in the middle, not in an ending.

The PS2 version did add at least one additional death ending, which I think may have been carried over into HQ, but I've actually only played the original (dat backlog) so don't know the details.

Jarmel

Banned
When should we find out the rest of the staff for Psycho-Pass? I'm mainly interested in the composer now along with the rest of the staff.

Sounds like maybe you're talking about the scene with
Makoto and Hikari watching Kotonoha being raped, without realizing it's a rape,
but that happens in the middle, not in an ending.

The PS2 version did add at least one additional death ending, which I think may have been carried over into HQ, but I've actually only played the original (dat backlog) so don't know the details.

Thanks, I figured either someone was trying to blow it way out of proportion or something along those lines.

I made two of my friends watch it with zero context or clue as to what was in store for them. One of them said they hate me, so it should make for a fun conversation.

Articalys

Saimoe Round 1 - Group F, Day 2 Results

F02
1st 265 Seraphim @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?
2nd 223 Yae Kobashiri @ Saki
3rd 60 Hatsuse Okahashi @ Saki

F06
1st 274 Haruka Amami @ The Idolmaster
2nd 212 Ohana Matsumae @ Hanasaku Iroha
3rd 95 Satomi Kanbara @ Saki

F10
1st 367 Eru Chitanda @ Hyouka
2nd 101 Dalian @ Dantalian No Shoka
3rd 78 Yukari Hirai @ Shakugan No Shana

---------------------------------------------------

Today's match preview

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How so? I'd like to see your reasoning behind this srsly.

I don't know man. I watched garbage like Arjuna, Angel's Egg and Avatar The Last Airbender due to recommendations from people in here.

It's hard to differentiate between the actual recommendations and the troll ones.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was going to say, Madoka suffers from all of these same problems and the problem of being made by Shaft. I know what you mean, though, kinda liked it too.

K-OS got upset when I talked shit about Guilty Crown's first episode once. That's probably all you need to know. It makes his attempts to condescend seem terribly amusing.

Lol? Can't tell if this is a serious post or not.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I don't know man. I watched garbage like Arjuna, Angel's Egg and Avatar The Last Airbender due to recommendations from people in here.

It's hard to differentiate between the actual recommendations and the troll ones.
But you also came into shows you ended up loving that you would have never watched otherwise.

It's not all bad.

survivor

Banned
Natsuyuki Rendezvous 1

The backgrounds on the show are really colourful and beautiful, especially the one at the flowers shop and the ramen store. Plus it's always good that they belong to a good show instead of a bad one like Sengoku Collection.

Anyone has that picture of the entire ED? I remember seeing it posted before but I forgot to save it.

duckroll

Michinori Chiba drew the Psycho-Pass spread for Newtype. I wonder if he's working on the show. That would be pretty good news, because he did some pretty solid animation direction work on Gundam 00 and X-men. When he gave a damn anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't wait for the anime adaptation. Just going to be shit constantly hitting the fan!

I am so looking forward to Aku no Hana. It's like Mysterious Girlfriend X, but for grown ups (or emo kids). And it's probably the closest that we'll get to seeing a Fap Note anime

Since there's been so much Hyouka in this thread over the past few days, I was at the book store and grabbed a photo.

I swear to god this tiny display has been sitting here for months, despite everything around it getting moved.
I'd probably be tempted to pick up the set if I actually saw these in a store. lol

----

Polar Bear Cafe 23: You know, even though the Sasako episode really wasn't about her (since she only exists as an object for Handa to obtain later on :p), I still enjoyed it for what it was, if only because of the "aww shucks" passive agressive (or aggressive-aggressive) back slap:

Although, of course, I have to like her now because Japan sucks as usual:
Beauty standards always suck. :p

I also liked the Panda-Mama segment if only because of the whole Japanese (or Asian) mother-hen gag:
I've just seen this play out so many times. Nice to see that some things are universal. lol

Thoraxes

Since there's been so much Hyouka in this thread over the past few days, I was at the book store and grabbed a photo.

I swear to god this tiny display has been sitting here for months, despite everything around it getting moved.

Oh man, Mayaka is the one with the least copies left.

Team Mayaka represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom