• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchip

Banned
how is the setting for Magi?
is it like Naruto where there is technology mixed in, or One Piece where the technology is not actually technology?

Uchip

Banned
tbh, Rice bowls are better than not having teeth
sick of characters that only have a toothless grin
one of the few things I liked about k-on...

wonzo

Banned
FUCK. I finally see the rice bowls you were all talking about.

Nooooooooooo.
magisinbad.png

Articalys

Sket Dance 74

What a bizarre episode. The direction and animation seemed really weird too.

Maybe it's for the better that this'll be going off the air to make way for Gintama. Whatever, I've seen all the story arcs I care about animated, at least.

duckroll

Zetsuen no Tempest credits:

Ep1 - The Magician is in the barrel

Script: Mari Okada
Episode Director: Takefumi Anzai
Storyboard: Masahiro Ando
Animation Director: Souichirou Sako

I'm kinda surprised Ando isn't directing the first episode himself. Kanno isn't the animation director either. Hmmm...

Branduil

Zetsuen no Tempest credits:

Ep1 - The Magician is in the barrel

Script: Mari Okada
Episode Director: Takefumi Anzai
Storyboard: Masahiro Ando
Animation Director: Souichirou Sako

I'm kinda surprised Ando isn't directing the first episode himself. Kanno isn't the animation director either. Hmmm...

Takefumi Anzai directed the last two episodes of Hanasaku Iroha as well, so he seems to be someone that Ando trusts with his storyboards.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Catching up on this thread I'm glad I didn't check it before I went to bed. Just saw that picture of a pregnant toddler. How wrong/sick/disturbing is that?

wonzo

Banned
Catching up on this thread I'm glad I didn't check it before I went to bed. Just saw that picture of a pregnant toddler. How wrong/sick/disturbing is that?
Ahh but you see, she's merely pretending to be pregnant with her bunny doll. Completely different!!!

Kazzy

It's all about the context, apparently.

EDIT: There we go! Not creepy at all!

It totally is.

duckroll

Takefumi Anzai directed the last two episodes of Hanasaku Iroha as well, so he seems to be someone that Ando trusts with his storyboards.

It's kinda interesting, but Anzai started out at BONES, worked on a bunch of stuff there including a ton of DtB and Soul Eater episodes, and then he seems to have left with Ando to PA Works, where they worked on Canaan together. He stayed on at PA Works ever since, and even worked on stuff like Angel Beats, Another, and Tari Tari. Looks like with Ando returning to BONES, Anzai is headed back too. Lol.

Branduil

It's kinda interesting, but Anzai started out at BONES, worked on a bunch of stuff there including a ton of DtB and Soul Eater episodes, and then he seems to have left with Ando to PA Works, where they worked on Canaan together. He stayed on at PA Works ever since, and even worked on stuff like Angel Beats, Another, and Tari Tari. Looks like with Ando returning to BONES, Anzai is headed back too. Lol.

Are we sure they aren't the same person?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Look at the shirt colors.
I didn't even notice this at first. I was too busy focusing on the fact that in the first shot she passes him on his right and then in the repeat shot on the left.

I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much without the related community aspect here.
80% of my enjoyment of this show for me probably comes from nitpicking all the silly plotpoints.

Branduil

It's all about the context, apparently.

EDIT: There we go! Not creepy at all!

It totally is.

Actually, if you think about it, the context makes it much worse. There's nothing inherently wrong with a little girl pretending to be pregnant, it's a normal thing for kids to play house and pretend to be grown up. But when you put it in the context of a creepy harem game where you can even marry your own sister...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
LOL. Don't believe this guy. AnimeGAF is the last place you come for recommendations. With the exception of a few people.
Well I'll say that my recommendation have been a 100% success so I'm putting myself in #TeamTrustworthy.

It's true. So many are watching Sword Art Online thanks to these ill advised recommendations!
I can't even remember why I decided to watch it. Probably the concept didn't make me want to tear out my hair completely so I gave it a go.

Holy shit Neogaf Mobile is a steaming pile.
My avatar doesn't even work on it so you know it's bad.

Who the fuck would do this to themself? I watch too many anime as it is. I can't imagine watching only anime, I would probably hang myself after a year.
Good thing I only got into it recently. Basically was getting bored with US and UK television so I thought I'd go with that other medium I've been slightly partial with before.

Eye patch girl is my waifu. Fuck the rest of you.
Stop cheating on your other waifus goddamn.

Shes just pretending! Isnt it cute?

Ahh but you see, she's merely pretending to be pregnant with her bunny doll. Completely different!!!
Or making sure her clothes still fit for when the day comes.

duckroll

This month's anime mags had confirmation for all the remaining shows which had no announced broadcast dates and times yet. So Finally, my personal Fall listing is complete. These are the shows I'll be watching at least one episode of, and here when they start airing:

10/01 - 25:35 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
10/02 - 18:00 Gyrozetter
10/02 - 27:10 From the New World
10/03 - 24:30 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai
10/04 - 26:00 Zetsuen no Tempest
10/04 - 26:25 K
10/04 - 23:00 Btooom!
10/05 - 24:30 Jojo's Bizarre Adventures The Animation
10/06 - 26:58 Code:Breaker
10/07 - 17:00 Magi
10/08 - 25:00 Girls und Panzer
10/10 - 25:20 Medaka Box Abnormal
10/11 - 24:45 Psycho-Pass
10/11 - 25:15 Robotics;Notes

This also means there'll be at least one show airing every day! Fucking Fall 2012. Lol.

Monday - Tonari, Girls und Panzer
Tuesday - Gyrozetter, From the New World
Wednesday - Chuunibyou, Medaka Box
Thursday - Zetsuen, K, Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Btooom!
Friday - Jojo
Saturday - Code:Breaker
Sunday - Magi

Edit: I'll also add that From the New World has a VERY unusual broadcast slot. TV Asahi isn't the sort of station which normally airs "otaku" anime at all, and they have zero late night anime shows running at the moment. They've also been promoting this adaptation for many months now. Sticking it on a Tuesday super-late-night 3am slot seems really bizarre. In fact, that isn't even a real time slot, that's where they currently air shopping channel garbage... ^^;

Kazzy

Yuri Yuri 10

Well, that was a lazy episode! I don't care how much meta-humour was packed in there, it still doesn't excuse the fact that they essentially recycled one half of a previous episode. And the characters themselves were barely used. It's probably the fact that it was done so knowingly, that makes it worse.

Trolled...

Since there's been so much Hyouka in this thread over the past few days, I was at the book store and grabbed a photo.

I swear to god this tiny display has been sitting here for months, despite everything around it getting moved.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since there's been so much Hyouka in this thread over the past few days, I was at the book store and grabbed a photo.

I swear to god this tiny display has been sitting here for months, despite everything around it getting moved.

Paper weights?

BluWacky

Do they have any copies that aren't anime tie-in editions at all? Clearly they've just lumped all the anime books together (I can see the Wolf Children novelisation at the front of the pile there).

They ordered too many copies... is a little festival arc reference.

Psycho-Pass expanded cast: Tomokazu Seki, Kana Hanazawa, Kenji Nomura, Kinryuu Arimoto, Akira Ishida, Shizuka Itou, Miyuki Sawashiro.

Psycho-Pass animation designs:

Wow that is one awful boring female character, what even happened, in every angle even. Hopefully she isnt the focus. The dude at the top looks the best followed by the glasses.

Protips, if its looks like Reborn's chara its a success.

I wish that was the case, I was all excite.

Here we go, Magi stuff, Ugooo:
Nice arts Alibaba/Aladdin need all the coverage, and even Judal/Sinbad. I think I already see peoples ships for fanarts.

---------------
Guess Thursday, or is that Friday for me, will be a busy anime time

/XX/

Probably one of the Toei Philis episodes.
Hey 7Th, remember this? I wanted to believe as well, believe in you... but... most of the time TAP is what it is.

Nah, that's not true at all. Toei has a very long tradition of being a good place to start out in the anime industry. Many talented animators and directors originated at Toei. Don't forget that Hosoda worked on Toei originally too. Digimon? One Piece? Doremi? Nadja? Been there done that. Pretty much every long running show which is popular will tend to contain episodes which are exceptional. It's just that Toei also has various studios in and out of Japan which they use to keep the huge machinery going, so their level of consistency is rather low.
Yeah, talent calls talent, and many come there wanting to learn from their previous generations of great directors and the Toei Animation "prestige"; like Rie Matsumoto, that after seeing Mamoru Hosoda's work on Digimon Adventure: Children's War Game wanted to join the studio.

Here's all the One Piece episodes animated by Tate. A Robin flashback episode is one of them.
I haven't been following the One Piece animated series, or Mr. Tate's works for that matter, but when I always see a fan of the studio like Murad talking with anticipation about the episodes he has worked in I know it has to be good.

But it wasn't bad. Why does everything have to be either great or shit?
I'm surprised i thought everyone here, except a few exceptions liked to nitpick and tear appart every show they watched ..
I feel great knowing that there is a voice of reason up there .

One of these days I'll watch DtB season 2, and then I will know true despair.
You'll be bored .. and you'll wonder why everything happens ..and then ... YES you'll look at the season 1 with fond memories.

I hate AnimeGaf for the sole reason I now notice CG everywhere in anime.
http://www.helsinki.fi/~papinnie/pictures/The%20Matrix%20_DivX_%20346_0001.jpg[IMG]
Ignorance is bliss.[/QUOTE]
And what if you notice CG , but don't mind unless it's out of place ?
MOst of the cg in anime and not meant to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom