• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
Yeah, the original cast was great, but this cast isn't so bad. Also Hato's character has become the most interesting character in Genshiken because he's being treated with a level of respect that I don't find often. Usually, characters like Hato are created to be a joke or some flat uninteresting character with a quirky twist, but Hato's a strong character with a lot of potential so I applauded Genshiken for that.

Hato and Yajima are really great additions to the Genshiken crew.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I know I gotta finish Le Chevalier D'Eon and The Count of Monte Cristo but I'm doing a little blind-ish sampling today because I can, okay?.

Majestic Prince 1

This was pretty fucking killer. Fun little cast of characters with some amazing action and some fantastic music. Shit was really fun. Definitely will keep watching.

PatLabor (TV) 1

It's okay. Pretty good looking (though at parts I think I regret saying that), okay cast, pretty cool set up, some good humor. But so much of this was just words words words, even during the action sequence. Not really all that high octane. A lot of really, really awkward moments in the dub. Like, the dub is really bad; there's only like one good VA here (Dan Green as Asuma).

Another 1

2spook4me. I see the the same group that did the OP did the last ED to Code Geass; it's a bad song like that CG's, too. I really am digging this really creepy atmosphere. The show really doesn't let up on it. The soundtrack is really cool too. Lots of really bass heavy warbling and distorted glitching and foreboding strings. The dub is actually pretty good so good. It looks pretty good as well. Shit's engrossing. ED's pretty nice way to end an episode.

Love, Elections, & Chocolate 1

lol glare censorship. wow this fucking show. I don't what to fucking make of it. What am I even watching. Opens dramatic, goes the whole episode comedic with harem and fanservice-ish antics, and then closes kinda dramatic. I'm not hating it but goddamn.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Here is my Eureka Seven Astral Ocean fanfic ending, then:

Once Upon a Time Eureka and Renton lived Happily Ever After The End.

Did you know that there's also an official E7 manga that shows how the show was originally supposed to end?

cajunator

Banned
Butt so many series. I haven't the time!

I prefer it when my subs look like this:

When do subs ever look like that? Ive never seen that.

Hato and Yajima are really great additions to the Genshiken crew.

They really are. Especially like
the crossdresser

Did you know that there's also an official E7 manga that shows how the show was originally supposed to end?

image.php

I see MadP's fetish resurfaces in another anime. Irs a good trend. Tell me more about this Kuro?

Full name is Kuroageha.

Acts serious 100% of the time when she first appears but after interacting with Jinbei (the protagonist), she lets down her guard and shows off her cute side when he's either mentioned or near him.

Has the ability to use poison and gain butterfly-like wings when going all out in battle.

Love, Elections, & Chocolate 1

lol glare censorship. wow this fucking show. I don't what to fucking make of it. What am I even watching. Opens dramatic, goes the whole episode comedic with harem and fanservice-ish antics, and then closes kinda dramatic. I'm not hating it but goddamn.

The only good thing about this show was Morishita butt, and that's not just me being me saying that. Though since you're watching it censored, good luck with the mediocrity!

Theonik

It's really interesting. Did you also happen to read the original manga? It's different from the anime. Really worthwhile.
I've only seen the original show. I was told to avoid other things on the franchise so I'm being very cautious.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 43

Oh, Meilin's leaving. Kinda sucks. She was getting more likeable as she and Shaoran started bonding more with Sakura and such. But I guess they just saw no way to work her into wherever they're going with this, so there wasn't much purpose in keeping her around. She'll probably turn up in some form again, though.

That wasn't much of a promise that Shaoran gave to her though. "Do what you wish" is not a promise. Though I'm kinda glad they cleared up that Meilin has an awareness that it really can't work between her and Shaoran, so the promise ends when he finds the girl he likes more than her. That'll probably be Sakura. But for now, the person he likes more than her isn't even a girl. Would it apply then? I wonder...

cajunator

Banned
Do I want to know?

That screen shot had to come from somewhere you know.

True but Ive never seen it myself.

Full name is Kuroageha.

Acts serious 100% of the time when she first appears but after interacting with Jinbei (the protagonist), she lets down her guard and shows off her cute side when he's either mentioned or near him.

Has the ability to use poison and gain butterfly-like wings when going all out in battle.

I love her already! Got more pics of her?

fertygo

I know people have said it's hard to comment on episodes in the series without devolving into talking about what happened in the episode itself but I love reading simple statements likes this. Enjoy it, it stays amazing all the way through.

One of the best series of the last 10 years.

Well I'm trying to say more lol, but that episode just too good.. I can't think anything but how good the episode are.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well last episode, she revealed she was a huge fan of Biohazard which one of the (not) brothers is part of the game company or whatever.

I guess that's basically going to be her character trait since she doesn't have anything else worth of note.
She has a talking Arararararagi squirrel! lol

The only good thing about this show was Morishita butt, and that's not just me being me saying that. Though since you're watching it censored, good luck with the mediocrity!

Satsuki wasn't that bad.

I love her already! Got more pics of her?

Smile

Surprised

Protecting her man

She hasn't really appeared alot compared to everyone else in the first half of the show, but hopefully that should change in the second half.

Tenumi

Banned
Let's Play! Suite Precure: 25

Blushing Ellen is adorable.

So out of nowhere, Ellen suddenly has a fear of monsters. Ok.... random character trait contradictory to previous episodes. Otherwise, standard monster of the week fare episode.

Articalys

The Haganai live-action movie was finally officially confirmed to be releasing next spring. Sounds like it's going to be a completely original script as opposed to a straight adaptation of any part of the novels.

Narag

Here's another one of Discotek's random licenses: Ringing Bell, a short Sanrio anime movie from the late 70's.

This is no random license! If icarus-heika was here to see you now she would be shaking her head at you! :p

This is, of course, Chirin no Suzu, infamous nightmare fuel, previously only released on VHS!

If they're going down the sanrio list, maybe they'll get that Legend of Sirius bluray eventually.

jbug617

Banned
Free! 4

This is the most :DTL episode of the show so far. From the close up shots of Rei in his speedo to the guys trying on swimsuits.
It was very obvious that Rei was going to learn the butterfly based on the title of the episode.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Haganai live-action movie was finally officially confirmed to be releasing next spring. Sounds like it's going to be a completely original script as opposed to a straight adaptation of any part of the novels.
Probably to make it less harem-ey. That and the novels go nowhere I suppose.

Although, with so many girls, I assume that the movie is made for guys... in which case, why does it even matter? lol

Tenumi

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds: 02

I... don't really know what to say about this series. Its cool, interesting, a little trippy, but I can't really describe it. Its a good watch so far, glad that I got to try it out.

JCG

Record of Lodoss War- The template Fantasy Anime, Record of Lodoss is a sort of really detailed, straightforward show with lot of fantasy gore, D&D mechanics, and one or two shots you may have seen elsewhere (Deedlit makes a face which Emi of Maou-Sama fame replicates). It's good as long as you don't expect it to be anything more than the story of a fantasy dude on a fantasy quest to save a fantasy world.

Just the record, it's probably worth indicating that description is for the Lodoss War OVA series...right?

Because the TV series is very, very boring and paced terribly, especially towards the end. Not recommended even for folks who enjoyed the OVAs.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 44

Man, so many weird vibes and so much weird shit going down.

My mind literally blew the fuck up when Kero was looking at the doll Tomoyo made for Sakura the previous year and I saw that the outfit the doll was wearing was the same she had on in the dream. Shit, I don't know HOW I didn't realize that, but damn. Either it was a convenient story device to trigger Sakura's full memory about the dream, or somehow Tomoyo is in this deeper than I thought. Probably the former. Still though, my face widened like crazy.

And then there was an exchange between Kero and Mizuki. Apparently she's some guardian that represents the moon (it's always the fucking moon). I don't think she's evil. Not necessarily an ally to Sakura, but not evil. Like she said, her mission is different.

And then an exchange between Mizuki and Toya. "There are no coincidences." "Only necessities", in response to Sakura's usual comment about how he works everywhere. And then this light bulb went off in my head. It's a light bulb that could be wrong. It's a light bulb that, if true, probably should have gone off a while ago (though a thought of the like had occurred to me). I think Toya gets a lot of these jobs he gets to keep an eye on Sakura. He has known for a while now that she has a larger purpose. He has a history with Mizuki. He has some supernatural powers, though I guess not enough or not the same kind as Sakura and Shaoran and so forth. And he's usually conveniently around somewhere when there's a Clow Card that makes an appearance somewhere. Either he can sense them beforehand and gets these jobs to scope them out, or he's out to explicitly watch Sakura. Like I said, I could be wrong, I could be late to the party, but that's what it seems like to me right now.

There probably won't be anything mindblowing coming, if only because I'm not getting the *wink wink, nudge nudge* treatment. But maybe it will blow my mind. I don't know.

Oh, and this episode had an awful lot of Sakura going, "hanyan~". Or however you spell that.

Tenumi

Banned
C³-bu: 03

"You're never too young for a Vietnam flashback"

So, a tournament already? Cool, I guess. Some nice character building and adorable uniforms in this episode, and nice gunplay. This is so fun to watch.

環太平洋地域

So yeah, this was freaking awesome.

I couldn't remember the names of like, half the characters, but how can anyone when there's giant freaking monsters attacking and only massive robots can stop them?

Come on governments, the walls in Attack On Titan lasted 100 years before being breached and that was medieval-like technology!

Can't wait for this to be released on DVD so I can listen to Gurren Lagann's OP during the showdowns.

cajunator

Banned
C³-bu: 03

"You're never too young for a Vietnam flashback"

So, a tournament already? Cool, I guess. Some nice character building and adorable uniforms in this episode, and nice gunplay. This is so fun to watch.

Thanks for reminding me I need to catch up on C3Bu!

/XX/

The National Film Board Of Canada has finally made available online for its YouTube channel the short documentary Meeting Koji Yamamura, one of the extras that came with the digital disc release for Muybridge's Strings:

Muybridge's Strings - Meeting Koji Yamamura (Making of) - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87GHAqk4C6w

BONES final gasp for air before they drowned on the wave of moe.
Don't worry guys, BONES will revive with Space Dandy and that one toy show they're doing.
KINEMA CITRUS is the new BONES (there, I said it again)...

Would have been Old Gainax too.
Now those fake season charts hurt even more, isn't it? But in return we got an original project by the GEEKS, so I can't really complain all is said and done. Just that... is a little sad not knowing, even for a little while, what it could have been... yeah... :'-(

Actually, can someone translate that 1 star review? Curious if there's a transfer issue.
Seconded! If it is really, as it seems, a problem related to a perceived excessive dust on print or film grain, that is definitely the least worrying of possible issues, in my opinion.

cajunator

Banned
The National Film Board Of Canada has finally made available online for its YouTube channel the short documentary Meeting Koji Yamamura, one of the extras that came with the digital disc release for Muybridge's Strings:

Muybridge's Strings - Meeting Koji Yamamura (Making of) - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87GHAqk4C6w

KINEMA CITRUS is the new BONES (there, I said it again)...

Now those fake season charts hurt even more, isn't it? But in return we got an original project by the GEEKS, so I can't really complain all is said and done. Just that... is a little sad not knowing, even for a little while, what it could have been... yeah... :'-(

Seconded! If it is really, as it seems, a problem related to a perceived excessive dust on print or film grain, that is definitely the least worrying of possible issues, in my opinion.

Damn, I thought I read Boards of Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom