• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Hey, I like upper body as the next guy, but I would appreciate a bit more proportioned and less emphasized.

That's my issue, they don't actually resemble swimmers. They looked more realistic during the flashbacks, you know, back when they had the bodies of adults!
Lets forget the fact that they were supposed to be in Middle-school

Now, it's clearly an aesthetic to pander, which probably won't bother most, but considering they spend so much time actually on the aspect of swimming, it just seems odd.

Free! 05

nvG75Jnl.jpg

The DRAMA! OH THE DRAMA!

Hattori

Banned
Hunter x Hunter
Episode 23

This is getting ridiculously depressing.
Everyone is dying left and right, and there is not much emotion coming from the protagonist. Is killing really that much prevalent in this world that deaths don't seem to bother Gon or any of the other characters?

Brothers Conflict Episode 6 Photos
tumblr_mr6vi8WVPm1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mr6vi8WVPm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Futo is all I need and again he delivered the best scenes. His lines and just his tease, that opened shirt even with the flower pedal and fake sleeping was the best. I hope he gets more of these moments. Hilarious times rest of the episode though it got
way too heteroromance for me that I ended up being turned off immediately and such, dont really think they needed to make Tsubaki go all the way like that and kiss and be on top of her, not what I signed up for at all. Hes a great guy and all but I think they didnt really need to do that, and she should have stopped instead of being all taken in like that.

Sailor Moon Sexy/Spinning 103

Rei styles and profiles her way onto the scene

rather poorly. And thus we have wild antics of women on women action. Anyway, Rei's always up for these festivals but she's a good sport. Although everyone else stopped existing the moment Usagi went to find Rei at the festival, gotta have my Reisagi.

Anyway, Rei learns that PEOPLE WITH TALENT DO WORK HARD STILL. You should know Rei, you work hard. But we now have a new dynamic to how Daimons will be summoned.

By Driveby shooting! KIDS SHOW! And then INTERPRETIVE FIREWORKS DANCIN---

:O Is this Chibi's United States of Americuh!? She's baaaack yaaay! And She shoots... Pink Sugar Heart Attack (educational for kids!) which failed once, but worked again.. and the Daimon is taking it up the ass. KIDS SHOW! So now we have her back (and by extension, Pluto). Now we're getting better than good!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Updated, Regulaus Tera is mai waifu

:DTL = BL, gay
:cajun = moe, cute
:SDBurton = yuri, lesbian
:Chet = boobs, boobs
:Firehawk = mono no aware, ephemeral passing of things
:wonzo = bad art, off-model drawings, etcetera
:kurita = live action
:kayos = When you are too lazy to Google something, asking questions about what might seem obvious
:corvo = overreacting
:kirbyguy = panty shots
:duckroll = when you hype something so much it ends up disappointing

everyone's longer explanations were helpful, too. thanks. Now to promptly forget everything and ask again next week

What? That is definitely NOT :kayos.

Hunter x Hunter
Episode 23

This is getting ridiculously depressing.
Everyone is dying left and right, and there is not much emotion coming from the protagonist. Is killing really that much prevalent in this world that deaths don't seem to bother Gon or any of the other characters?

It gets worse. The Hunter x Hunter world is deceptively fucked up.

Hattori

Banned
It gets worse. The Hunter x Hunter world is deceptively fucked up.

oh well, in spite of it, I'm still enjoying it very much.
But I am a bit wary on getting attached to any characters at the moment because of the high mortality rate in the hunter x hunter world.

Novid

Banned
Well, that was a whole lot of nothing. I'd say "gimme Kick-Heart!", but I'm perfectly content with Yuasa working his magic on Space Dandy.

agreed. Wrestle Gaf want more than just half boston crabs.

If this don't have some guest dubs from some of the indy females ... ooo.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Pineapple tastes like shit if you get it from Domino's or some other chain place but if you allow it to caramelize and couple it with a savory ham it's fine. The emphasis on speed in carry-out places ensures that the pineapple will never cook long enough. If you're really cheap but don't want to make your own pizza, invest in one of those culinary blowtorches that they use for crème brûlée and heat the chunks up yourself.

Kazzy

Also that meal must have cost like $100 considering how ridiculously overpriced pizza is in Japan.

It's not that overpriced.

Actually, it's not even overpriced. You only run into weird prices when you go to a restaurant that deliberately caters to a Western crowd, and those tend to be the places you shouldn't bother with anyway.

Branduil

It's not that overpriced.

Actually, it's not even overpriced. You only run into weird prices when you go to a restaurant that deliberately caters to a Western crowd, and those tend to be the places you shouldn't bother with anyway.

When I saw Domino's prices it was like $20 for a medium pizza, LOL.

Pineapple tastes like shit if you get it from Domino's or some other chain place but if you allow it to caramelize and couple it with a savory ham it's fine. The emphasis on speed in carry-out places ensures that the pineapple will never cook long enough. If you're really cheap but don't want to make your own pizza, invest in one of those culinary blowtorches that they use for crème brûlée and heat the chunks up yourself.

That reminds me, we actually have a local pizza joint called Bear's/Moose's Tooth (Bear's Tooth has a movie theater) that actually asks if you want canned Pineapples or the real deal. Shit's cash man.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That reminds me, we actually have a local pizza joint called Bear's/Moose's Tooth (Bear's Tooth has a movie theater) that actually asks if you want canned Pineapples or the real deal. Shit's cash man.

Who the hell would ever choose the pulpy mushy sugar-drenched shit over fresh?

The Potential Waifu God Scares Off 05

W8LaHsgl.jpg

Well Yui's recapture wasn't bad.

Somehow out of all the godesses , she is the one who is the just at the top because of her capture in the the first part.

The "baka" & "aho" are legendary.

That's why i'm still bitter about yui , this episode was great but it would have been EVEN better if we had the first part.

Oofuri Summer Episode 9
tumblr_mr6z4k9UDm1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mr6z4k9UDm1qbxqfpo1_500.png

How nice, I wanted more tickling and we got more tickling. Though the scene looked like they were going to go way further than that which would have certainly been much welcomed. Mizutani and Izumi are really the highlights here beyond the usual Mihashi Abe happenings, and then the slight Mihashi Hanai, Hanai Tajima. Weakness is still just the opposing team. They really have no memorable characters or anyone that anyone would really want to get behind like in the past. Even here with more screentime dedicated to them they just feel like a league lower than everyone else
Relying on that guessing game of sorts kind shows a lack of skill even, so its a bit frustrating that the there is such a large score difference. I hope they win

CorvoSol

You know what else goes surprisingly well on Pizza?

HARD BOILED EGGS.

Or Gouda Cheese. Not together, but as things that do go well on pizzas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom