• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Futari wa Precure] 28
Y6Grl2i.jpg
Post-World War II drama by the director of Dragon Ball Z. Further proof that shoujo > shounen.

CorvoSol

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam 2

So we're gonna have a multi-episode flashback to explain the show's in media res beginning. Not sure how I feel about that, exactly, but since it is Gundam I recognize that it will take time for this thing to really get better or worse anyway. Never call a Gundam show before its 20th episode. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, the Zanscare Empire bases out of Side 2, where the city of Shangri-La can be found, which was home to Judau Ashta. This would be the second of the three post Zeonic Spacenoid Empires to be based out of a residence of Super Awesome Cool Guy Can Make Haman Khan Cry Judau Ashta.

Uso is apparently an illegal immigrant to Earth, which I'm assuming doesn't let that many people live on it these days. The Earth Federation retains power over the Space Colonies, which means that whatever happens in Gundam Unicorn is a very large foregone conclusion. And that the Earth Federation has maintained control over the Earth Sphere and Jupiter Sphere (and presumably the Mars Sphere and Asteroid Belt) for over a century. An Empire spanning three planets is nothing to laugh about, so these Zanscare guys are probably up against some tough competition, unless the Earth Federation is lazing about as it usually is.

Ms. Marbet continues to be waifu and will probably die before episode 10.

duckroll

商願2013-54510 iM@S CHANNEL アイマス チャンネル
商願2013-54511 iM@S SATELLITE アイマス サテライト
商願2013-54512 SHINY TV

new imas game probably incoming

Well there's the new movie coming out in Spring next year, so I'm sure they have game plants to capitalize on that too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If the Wii wasn't completely dead I'd joke that the iMA@S Channel was for that (since Channels was the name given to Wii applications).

Of course Namco are a bit crazy so making an application for a dead system is the kind of thing they'd do.

duckroll

More staff leaked for Takahiro Omori's upcoming noitaminA show Samurai Flamenco:

Series Composition: Hideyuki Kurata (Kamichu, R.O.D.)
Music: Kenji Tamai (Genki Rockets)
Character Design: Yoshimitsu Yamashita (Mushibugyo)
Animation Production: Manglobe

Incidentally, this marks the first time Omori has directed a show outside Brains Base since 2006.

Music and story should be good, I trust Omori as a director. Manglobe is a really unexpected studio choice though, since Omori hasn't worked outside of Brains Base forever. I wonder if we'll see any animation at all in today's PV which is due to air after Silver Spoon...

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Music and story should be good, I trust Omori as a director. Manglobe is a really unexpected studio choice though, since Omori hasn't worked outside of Brains Base forever. I wonder if we'll see any animation at all in today's PV which is due to air after Silver Spoon...

if 90%+ of the music is not Flamenco/Spanish styled guitar I will be extremely disappointed ;__;

iavi

There was a point in time where seeing Manglobe in the studio credits got me hype. Now, I just sadden remembering what used to be.

wonzo

Banned
Softenni 1

softenni1.jpg

I don't know why this was on my list of things to check out as this p. much is your typical Xebec ecchi series, down to just how boring the whole thing is. The only thing interesting about this is it's set in a rural area with farms n' shit. Dropped.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Love Lab 1-5

It's okay. Not really as enjoyable as Yuru Yuri. The two new characters are honestly fucked up and the idea that they all become friends seems utterly ridiculous and completely unbelievable. The show is a lot more down to earth, its dry in a lot of ways and its missing a lot of the pace and feel that came with a show like Yuru Yuri.

But its still got Riko so its not too bad. Not yet anyway.
Looks like there are boys joining the cast now
so its about to go all downhill. RIP Love Lab.

/XX/

Anyone who despises the coconut fruit should at least try once these little desserts called here 'Sultanas de Coco'... marvelous little pieces of joy in your mouth.

Some of the best artistic vision is born out of cheapness.
Of course! The lack of resources aliments and really puts to work the imagination and forces a creative planning... just look at the first episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion and its 700 sheets/cels of motion that squeezed the appropriate talents of very specific animators until the last drop, compared to what Studio Khara (or χαρα) and its many times wasteful "trial and error" approach to work composition and continuous creation of 3DCG pre-visualization animatics achieves.

Oh, Dancing Man-Rei, how I missed you!

For the good ol' times (hit ENTER again on the URL bar)...
rei_oh-shit.gif

The fact that Kickstarter (and things like it ) are still a new/unknown entity (from my understanding) in Japan hurt things because they didn't know how best to use it.
I don't think it is totally fair to say that when there has been for some time already sizable crowd-funding platforms like CAMPFIRE (http://camp-fire.jp/) based in that country...

Naruto Shippuden Episode 324 – The Unbreakable Mask and the Shattered Bubble
tumblr_mr7mj9pS6X1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Interesting choice of content for the episode. Quite sure they skipped ch563, touched on 564 and ended with a hint towards 565 while placing filler flashback content in this. I think it wasnt bad as the water jutsu bubble guy was alright and had touching story though still would have liked more fighting. Next week ought to deliver.

Really just hyped to see Naruto v the other Jinchuriki

It has exactly three episodes that aren't agonizingly boring.

it's been a long time.
1) first episode
2) milky rose first apperance.
3) milky rose & karen hanging around
4) milky rose getting her battle upgrade.

i'm counting at least 4 !

by scratching the bottom of the barel i can find at least 3 more !

DiGiKerot

商願2013-54510 iM@S CHANNEL アイマス チャンネル
商願2013-54511 iM@S SATELLITE アイマス サテライト
商願2013-54512 SHINY TV

new imas game probably incoming

Expenditure incoming! Expenditure incoming! I'd best prepare the credit cards...

Dynedom

I'm not exactly sure how to google this but I figure I'll just GAF-ask:

I remember there were trailers for a show, sometime back, involving a bunch of girls that looked really cheerful and all. However, each trailer seemed to show what looked like a "ghost girl". This is after Madoka and I think people were hyped for it as being an other "swerve" anime.

Did this show actually come out and I completely missed it? I don't recall reading any impressions about it despite the hype I remember.

Dynedom

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai?

No, haha. I think this trailer may have come out around the time or after Ano Hana was released.

I say "ghost girl" because I think that's what the hypothesis of GAF was. It could have represented anything. Someone who was ignored, a memory. The trailer was specifically showing girls so it might have been a Magical Girl show.

DiGiKerot

No, haha. I think this trailer may have come out around the time or after Ano Hana was released.

I say "ghost girl" because I think that's what the hypothesis of GAF was. It could have represented anything. Someone who was ignored, a memory. The trailer was specifically showing girls so it might have been a Magical Girl show.

I think you're talking about Prism Nana, the SHAFT thing which turned out to be a Pachislot game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I forgot about that show. Wikipedia still claims it's an upcoming anime but even the Wikipedia article could have forgotten all about this show.

/XX/

Gonna go watch Mezzo Forte while drinking the depression away.
Hold on, don't do that just yet without knowing what is the other project Mr. Umetsu said he is currently working in... that or we can also wait together for KISS & CRY if you want to suffer either way... ( ;_;)

wonzo

Banned
New Galilei Donna key visual:
I don't wanna call it generic, but it feels as if you see those faces everywhere now.
Interest slowly waning…

I forgot about that show. Wikipedia still claims it's an upcoming anime but even the Wikipedia article could have forgotten all about this show.
I doubt SHAFT have it in them to pull of something like the great BAKUMATSU GIJINDEN ROMAN!

Quasar

The Eccentric Family

Burned through the rest of the five episodes. Love this show. Some things that kind of stand out for me.

The relationship between the Shimogamo family and Benton. Man how could any of them not have any emotions except for total rage and I guess fear of her. The pleasantness of the relationship is just weird. Of course so is Bentons relationship with the family given the flashback. Any yet I'm already having shipping feelings for Benton/Yasaburō which is obviously fucked up.

The Shimogamo family. Interesting that even when they all alone they never are in their natural forms.

Shapeshifting into a mountain. That's fucking badass.

There was a point in time where seeing Manglobe in the studio credits got me hype. Now, I just sadden remembering what used to be.

The last time Manglobe did an anime-original work, or a 2-cour work, was Michiko and Hatchin. Just saying.

it does feel generic.i've seen those faces in a couple of shows now.

You've seen them in Working!! and Sword Art Online, as those are previous shows Shingo Adachi did character designs for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom