• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
I'm still waiting for Gurren Lagann in Toonami. I can't believe they let that one slip from their hands.

The (Hopeful) day that Gurren Lagann airs on Toonami will be the day of celebration.

Neptunia: 03

I'll admit, this is a good time waster series. Somewhat easy to understand, a bit fanservicey. Perfect for burning time.

Mr.Jeff

Thanks! For what it's worth Nafe also thought something along those lines which surprised me!
I remember now; it was on the subject of birthdays in the previous thread. There was mention of making a list of dates and you posted 19 which I just took at the time to be that your birthday was the 19th.

faridmon

As promised.

TPPc5Ow.jpg

comparison

http://i.imgur.com/pf6kD5f.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Now I want a Pizza.

Theonik

I remember now; it was on the subject of birthdays in the previous thread. There was mention of making a list of dates and you posted 19 which I just took at the time to be that your birthday was the 19th.
That was Porcelain's post-count at the time I think.

CorvoSol

Looks like Kamen rider mix with Viewful joe.

And that's a combination that cannot go wrong.

http://www.samumenco.com/

Additional music credit: Kenji Tamai & agehasprings

Lots of character designs in the character section too, not going to rehost them. Check it out.

Looks pretty cool to me.

You motherfucker! Now I have to get Pizza for lunch!

But where did you stand on the Great Pineapple Debate?

Tenumi

Banned
Neptunia: 04

Protect your little sisters because you never know when you might be captured by some random enemy and must rely on them to do quick combat training to try and bail you out.

Read the introduction and character stuff on the Samurai Flemenco site. Seems it's about a 19 year old fashion magazine model who becomes the new generation superhero Samurai Flemenco with the help of his grandfather who is a huge tokusatsu fan and who influenced him growing up. The other character is a 24 year old cop who isn't particularly motivated or driven and just does his job on a day to day basis. Fate brings them together somehow, and the true meaning of JUSTICE will be revealed. Right after they DTL the fuck out of each other, I'm sure.

Interestingly enough, the only other characters revealed so far are 3 girls who form the idol group Mineral*Miracle*Muse. There's the lead singer and songwriter who's the mood maker in the group, the more serious and reliable leader, and the other member who can speak "surprisingly native sounding English" (lol?!).

Edit: Oh, I should add that Samurai Flemenco is a hero who does not have actual super powers, and has no undergone "surgery" to enhance his body. He fights evil with the power of HIS OWN STRENGTH <3 *blush* <3.

Hope they do more character models in color/ Masayoshi hazama has good outfits and design choice, and Hidenori Goto is alright too, and the height difference, younger is taller even. I wonder.

Read the introduction and character stuff on the Samurai Flemenco site. Seems it's about a 19 year old fashion magazine model who becomes the new generation superhero Samurai Flemenco with the help of his grandfather who is a huge tokusatsu fan and who influenced him growing up. The other character is a 24 year old cop who isn't particularly motivated or driven and just does his job on a day to day basis. Fate brings them together somehow, and the true meaning of JUSTICE will be revealed. Right after they DTL the fuck out of each other, I'm sure.

Interestingly enough, the only other characters revealed so far are 3 girls who form the idol group Mineral*Miracle*Muse. There's the lead singer and songwriter who's the mood maker in the group, the more serious and reliable leader, and the other member who can speak "surprisingly native sounding English" (lol?!).

Edit: Oh, I should add that Samurai Flemenco is a hero who does not have actual super powers, and has no undergone "surgery" to enhance his body. He fights evil with the power of HIS OWN STRENGTH <3 *blush* <3.

Sounds fabulous.

cajunator

Banned
Got impatient and read ahead 2 years ago. SHAFT better deliver on the animation quality.

Haa....

Love Lab 1-5

It's okay. Not really as enjoyable as Yuru Yuri. The two new characters are honestly fucked up and the idea that they all become friends seems utterly ridiculous and completely unbelievable. The show is a lot more down to earth, its dry in a lot of ways and its missing a lot of the pace and feel that came with a show like Yuru Yuri.

But its still got Riko so its not too bad. Not yet anyway.
Looks like there are boys joining the cast now
so its about to go all downhill. RIP Love Lab.

Cutest moe abuse since Chuu2.

New Galilei Donna key visual:

I don't wanna call it generic, but it feels as if you see those faces everywhere now.

Generic indeed. GIrl in the front is a cutie though. It reminds me a lot of SAO visually so I almost dont want to even watch it.

I think you're talking about Prism Nana, the SHAFT thing which turned out to be a Pachislot game.

It still hurts :(

Necrovex

Kaiji 1+2

Kaiji is an awesome main character. I am really liking the art style. When I was reading through the pyramid scheme thread, it reminded me a little of Kaiji, and I had to post my impressions.

If Crunchyroll didn't run like ass on the PS3, I could easily see myself marathoning through these two seasons.

I hope Kaiji and crew can kick some major ass while on the S.S. Scam.

Edit: Don't worry, I'm still watching Utena.

I think Highschool DxD might have a competitor for the crown next season. I just saw a promo for some wrestling anime that's going to appear next season, and the visuals looked great. I can't really say much because the youtube video of the PV was taken down, but I saw a pic of the anime and it looked glorious.

Btw I saw this on anime news... it's not like I'm interested in it or anything
whistle.gif

cajunator

Banned
The last time Manglobe did an anime-original work, or a 2-cour work, was Michiko and Hatchin. Just saying.

You've seen them in Working!! and Sword Art Online, as those are previous shows Shingo Adachi did character designs for.

Working was by far the best use of those character designs.

Hmmm.
They look rather nice. I guess Ill give it a shot :/

http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/08/09/15116.html

Galileidonna is about 3 sisters who are blood descendants of Galileo Galilei. It seems there's a big mystery revolving around things he has left behind after his death. It causes the sisters to be placed on an international wanted list, and they escape from their pursuers to unravel the mystery. The new supporting cast in the key visual include a self professed Galileo-maniac who is obsessed with solving the mysteries he left behind, the young leader of a group of sky pirates, and the son of the company head at a huge mega corporation.

Sounds good!

Ok that does sound interesting >_
Goddamnit A-1.

cajunator

Banned
The (Hopeful) day that Gurren Lagann airs on Toonami will be the day of celebration.

Neptunia: 03

I'll admit, this is a good time waster series. Somewhat easy to understand, a bit fanservicey. Perfect for burning time.

Neptunia is pretty fun. Like if gaming side were 1000% cuter.

That video is....what?
Is he high? b Does he just really love pizza?

Nice job.

Reminds me how I grow tomatoes every year because of Hidamari.

How do you control the stinkbugs? My dads tomato garden has a major problem with them.

I think that Fall has evolved from a season to a MegaSeason.

Until the inevitable crash and burn of 90% of them.

Jarmel

Banned
Fall has pretty much every major studio of note putting out their best foot. If Trigger is going to war, so is BONES, KyoAni, and Shaft.

Gainax pls

How do you control the stinkbugs? My dads tomato garden has a major problem with them.

I had never problems with any insects, maybe it helps that I live in an apartment on the second floor. Though water is a problem because the plant pots are a little too small for such plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom