• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Looks like Kamen rider mix with Viewful joe.

i_m_ok_with_this__n1296497202304__super.png

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
BUT IT HAS BEEN IN
TOUGA'S DIRTY BUTT

(Utena 33 spoilers)
I don't know,
Touga always seemed to me like the type to be really careful with hygiene. Who's to say he doesn't clean it thorough--
This is not the type of discussion we should engage in.

Nafe

I figure it was just reminding Jun of the wind-up key for the Rozen Maidens; I don't know if there's anything to it beyond that.

Thanks hosannainexcelsis. :)

I was hoping there's more to it but that could have been all it was intended for. Since then I don't think it's been given any focus like that. I guess we'll see in the upcomming episodes.

duckroll

http://animeanime.jp/article/2013/08/09/15116.html

Galileidonna is about 3 sisters who are blood descendants of Galileo Galilei. It seems there's a big mystery revolving around things he has left behind after his death. It causes the sisters to be placed on an international wanted list, and they escape from their pursuers to unravel the mystery. The new supporting cast in the key visual include a self professed Galileo-maniac who is obsessed with solving the mysteries he left behind, the young leader of a group of sky pirates, and the son of the company head at a huge mega corporation.

Sounds good!

Pooya

I still think they look alright.

Galileidonna is about 3 sisters who are blood descendants of Galileo Galilei. It seems there's a big mystery revolving around things he has left behind after his death. It causes the sisters to be placed on an international wanted list, and they escape from their pursuers to unravel the mystery. The new supporting cast in the key visual include a self professed Galileo-maniac who is obsessed with solving the mysteries he left behind, the young leader of a group of sky pirates, and the son of the company head at a huge mega corporation.

Sounds good!

hope it's like Da Vinci Code! lol. not sure how sky pirates fit in a setting like this.

I didn't notice those pillars at first, looks like it's a bit of sci-fi?

Sounds good!

I'm getting some Guilty Crown vibes from this thing. I hope I'm wrong.

More Samurai Flamenco stuff:

Pretty hyped,

Sounds good!

Hm, I guess it depends on how thrilling it'll be though I just assume it'll be lots of talk talk talk instead.

Sword of the Stranger

Well I woke up pretty early (about 5:30 AM) since I slept rather early as well, so I decided to take the time to finally watch this while activity was on the down-low, and I'm pretty glad I did.

Right off the bat, you can tell this is a well animated movie, and it shows throughout the movie, leading up to one of the best fights I've seen in anime, mainly because it's grounded well into reality.

We have multiple factions moving throughout the movie, each with their own desires being played at the hand of turning against one another to fulfill their ideals. The characters themselves are simple, much like the movie, but it works well since it doesn't try to overcomplicate itself to the point of misunderstanding.

We're also shown a growth between a stranger and a boy getting use to each other, as well as flesh out why they function and it works. Our No Named Samurai is also shown to be connected to another character in the movie based on their commentary and No Name's dreams that caused him to dislike war, without ever having to meet again, as well as establish how his skills compared to the foreigner.

Again the animation was rather superb, this alone being a good reason to watch the movie, and everything surrounding that makes it a good watch. Not sure what movie I'll watch next though (that isn't really tied to Sailor Moon or the likes).

duckroll

Read the introduction and character stuff on the Samurai Flemenco site. Seems it's about a 19 year old fashion magazine model who becomes the new generation superhero Samurai Flemenco with the help of his grandfather who is a huge tokusatsu fan and who influenced him growing up. The other character is a 24 year old cop who isn't particularly motivated or driven and just does his job on a day to day basis. Fate brings them together somehow, and the true meaning of JUSTICE will be revealed. Right after they DTL the fuck out of each other, I'm sure.

Interestingly enough, the only other characters revealed so far are 3 girls who form the idol group Mineral*Miracle*Muse. There's the lead singer and songwriter who's the mood maker in the group, the more serious and reliable leader, and the other member who can speak "surprisingly native sounding English" (lol?!).

Edit: Oh, I should add that Samurai Flemenco is a hero who does not have actual super powers, and has no undergone "surgery" to enhance his body. He fights evil with the power of HIS OWN STRENGTH <3 *blush* <3.

Theonik

We're also shown a growth between a stranger and a boy getting use to each other, as well as flesh out why they function and it works. Our No Named Samurai is also shown to be connected to another character in the movie based on their commentary and No Name's dreams that caused him to dislike war, without ever having to meet again, as well as establish how his skills compared to the foreigner.
No name is secretly Kenshin. Real talk.

Again the animation was rather superb, this alone being a good reason to watch the movie, and everything surrounding that makes it a good watch. Not sure what movie I'll watch next though (that isn't really tied to Sailor Moon or the likes).
Watch Bungaku Shoujo for Zeroshiki.

Interestingly enough, the only other characters revealed so far are 3 girls who form the idol group Mineral*Miracle*Muse. There's the lead singer and songwriter who's the mood maker in the group, the more serious and reliable leader, and the other member who can speak "surprisingly native sounding English" (lol?!).

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that her English will not sound native in the least.

Edit: Oh, I should add that Samurai Flemenco is a hero who does not have actual super powers, and has no undergone "surgery" to enhance his body. He fights evil with the power of HIS OWN STRENGTH <3 *blush* <3.

He's so manly!

Dresden

Read the introduction and character stuff on the Samurai Flemenco site. Seems it's about a 19 year old fashion magazine model who becomes the new generation superhero Samurai Flemenco with the help of his grandfather who is a huge tokusatsu fan and who influenced him growing up. The other character is a 24 year old cop who isn't particularly motivated or driven and just does his job on a day to day basis. Fate brings them together somehow, and the true meaning of JUSTICE will be revealed. Right after they DTL the fuck out of each other, I'm sure.

Episode ten:

HBspQRc.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Fall of Sakuga gets better every minute.

Theonik

Wonder where I pulled that date from then. How odd. Happy Belated Birthday!
Thanks! For what it's worth Nafe also thought something along those lines which surprised me!

It all fits!

Oh, thought that was a joke or unrelated as didn't see any felicitation that followed up...

Kept you waiting, huh? Happy Birthday, Theonik!
I guess my hint was too subtle!
Thanks! I really wasn't expecting people would have remembered considering I didn't make much of a fuss. Especially not outside IRC.

Mushibugyo - 18

This episode went much slower than i expected ..but they used the extra time to plant many forshadowing hints ..so ...the action begin trully next episode ?
Things to note :
-Irori is bisexual ( no questions here )
-hibachi can make bombs explode even without her clothes. where the hell does she hide them ???
-mugai talked ( no joke )
Mushibugyo%20-%2018_01.jpg

No no this isn't friendship , this is two lovers talking at midnight near a pond.
-the princess is so lovely .... her running gag was also lovely.
(dat scene at midnight ) this is 300% love ..no doubt about it , funny how everyone is aware of that ...except both protagonists.

-so many bloodstains , so many deaths... those antagonists are so deadly.
-Big special mention to sanada yukimura that is a magnificent vilain.
Mushibugyo%20-%2018_02.jpg

Escuse me yukimura , i mean ...."Where are my manners ?"

Overall this episode was a decent "calmbeforethestrom" episode. it did get me hyped for the next part and that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom