• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Minna! Esper Dayo! 3
ivtuEjiJh8sJD.png
ibo6YOmyPQx6Z9.png

Not pictured : a guy wearing a girl student uniform shoving a cellphone in his ass.
I repeat : a guy wearing a schoolgirl uniform putting a phone in his ass.

Tenumi

Banned
My continue support of anime.

Someday... Someday I'll actually be able to purchase the dvds/blu-rays I want...

Well with only a years worth of episodes left, I cant imagine what Toonami would do and be without the show that consistently gets over mlns of viewers.

Probably Move Naruto or One Piece into the Lead slot. Most Likely One Piece. Still, its a consistant draw, losing one of those will hurt.

Minna! Esper Dayo! 3

Not pictured : a guy wearing a girl student uniform shoving a cellphone in his ass.

I'm afraid to ask if the censor was originally there or added. Or, actually, any sort of context.

CorvoSol

Minna! Esper Dayo! 3

Pictured: A guy singing loudly while he repairs a tiny street sign in the buff.

Kurita

He's not masturbating, he's pooping.
He wanted to poop real bad on his way home. He teleported and appeared naked on the seat.
So basically, whenever he teleports, he becomes naked.

Dresden

Fall has pretty much every major studio of note putting out their best foot. If Trigger is going to war, so is BONES, KyoAni, and Shaft.

Gainax pls

Eh, KnK certainly isn't KyoAni 'going to war.' Wake me up when Takemoto returneth.

Insert 'lolshaft' here.

CorvoSol

BONES doesn't have any feet left.

Nor any legs to stand on.

What could they possibly do to wash away the shit that was E7AO?

Other than releasing an OVA series in which each and every one of the people responsible for that series came to my house and told me to my face how sorry they were for it and that it was all a fever dream that Master Norb had on the Gekko.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kitakubu 5

Being really tired + an episode centered around Japanese stories I'm not familiar with is a terrible combination. But the
Star Wars
and
Monster Hunter
references were funny, at least.

Pretty boring episode if you're not well-versed in Japanese literature.

Caesnd

Nor any legs to stand on.

What could they possibly do to wash away the shit that was E7AO?

I don't understand this reasoning. So Bones produced a show that in your eyes failed to deliver in such a way that you will never consider anything they produce in the future worthy of attention, no matter the quality?

What happened with just enjoying things on a case by case basis?

CorvoSol

I don't understand this reasoning. So Bones produced a show that in your eyes failed to deliver in such a way that you will never consider anything they produce in the future worthy of attention, no matter the quality?

I'm pretty sure that E7AO failed to deliver in an empirical, objective sense and not just "in my eyes."

Dynedom

Bones lost its credibility before E7:AO. FMA Brotherhood was probably the last good thing they ever did.

Dresden

^ and Jinsei Best Ten was good, too. It feels weird having to cherry pick their output since most of it is so bad after 2007, but they still have some of the most talented folks in the industry left.

Bones lost its credibility before E7:AO. FMA Brotherhood was probably the last good thing they ever did.

Not a big fan of Brohood, but Star of Milos was 2011, and it was excellent.

Dynedom

Fuck, I still need to see this.

No, Jinsei Best Ten is the last good thing BONES has done. (And Milos before that.)

^ and Jinsei Best Ten was good, too. It feels weird having to cherry pick their output since most of it is so bad after 2007, but they still have some of the most talented folks in the industry left.

I think that's what it is. I mean, I'm not expecting every work to be a peach but worthwhile productions seem far and few between now. I guess Star Driver was least nice to look at during the higher-production episodes.

Bones has lost all their credibility in the last three to four years. AO is just the perfect show to use as the face for how far Bones has fallen, but there's a whole line of terrible Bones shows which lead up to AO.

And it should be noted that with Space Dandy there's going to be a fair number of freelancers and people who haven't worked with BONES for a while or at all - Shinichiro Watanabe himself, of course, but also people like Yuasa, Romain, Bahi. It's not just going to be the usual studio crowd.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 66

I hadn't been able to watch this show in a while, which I was pretty all right with, seeing as how I wasn't sure I was liking where this thing with Sakura and Yukito and Shaoran was going. But today I was able to start again, and all I can say is...

;__;

Very well handled imo. I wish they could have delved a little more into Sakura's feelings for Yukito being like those for her father. I know what he meant by that, but she didn't act like that was the case, I guess because she's young and didn't understand her own feelings. There was that part at the end where she said the feelings were a tad different, so I think that means she views him more like an older brother, which I think is what Yukito always wanted because of his relationship with Toya., That aside, this was a great episode and it leaves the path clear. I think after that ending, even she understands. Maybe.

cnet128

Banned
Free! 5

Not a fan of pineapple as a pizza topping, but I can't take complaints about it seriously when the same pizza has fish on it. Ewwwwwwww. I can't stand fish in general, but putting it on a pizza is basically heresy.

Also, I noticed Gou was sneakily wearing a swimsuit briefly this episode. Is that the first time we've actually seen her in one? I haven't been paying all that much attention.

Caesnd

Bones has lost all their credibility in the last three to four years. AO is just the perfect show to use as the face for how far Bones has fallen, but there's a whole line of terrible Bones shows which lead up to AO.

The question was mostly to CorvoSol (although I do understand that a lot of others share his sentiments), hence why I mentioned AO.

I'm not extremely industry savvy when it comes to anime (even though I try to keep up, because it is interesting), so I don't know who has come and gone among Bones employees or those they regularly collaborate with, but I'll never neglect the possibility of a comeback at least. I'm even optimistic about Aoki Uru!

I guess I just don't like to think about things negatively in general. It's more fun imo to consider the potential of things. So if someone pitches an interesting idea or concept then I'm all ears in most cases.

Jarmel

Banned
If Dai Sato and Watanabe fuck up then burn the studio down, nothing of worth will ever come from there this point forward.

Eh, KnK certainly isn't KyoAni 'going to war.' Wake me up when Takemoto returneth.

Insert 'lolshaft' here.

KnK is probably going to be their most action intense series and one where atmosphere is going to be key. If they want it to stand out, they're gonna have to bring their A game.

As for Shaft, we get the rest of Monogatari and then glorious Madoka Pt.3.

The animation in Milos was topnotch. Problem is the story isn't and pretty much rehashes a good chunk from the series itself.

I think Takemoto is doing ep8 of Free.
Fuck. Doesn't he have better things to do? :(

KnK is probably going to be their most action intense series and one where atmosphere is going to be key. If they want it to stand out, they're gonna have to bring their A game.

While it will be KyoAni's first action series since The Second Raid, that's no reason to expect it to be executed on the same level as Hyouka, or Nichijou for that matter. The main staff are mostly new to the roles they're playing. What Ishidate is capable of when in charge of series direction is uncertain, and it's difficult for me to believe that KyoAni is going to invest substantially more resources into it then they have their other in-house LN adaptations.

As for Shaft, we get the rest of Monogatari and then glorious Madoka Pt.3.

I don't expect anything exceptional production-wise from either of those. Shaft isn't what it used to be.

The animation in Milos was topnotch. Problem is the story isn't and pretty much rehashes a good chunk from the series itself.

I really liked the setting and scenario Milos set up. The ending had some problems, but I still prefer it to Brotherhood's ending, which had somewhat similar problems only over a longer time span.

Fuck. Doesn't he have better things to do? :(

Takemoto storyboards and/or directs at least one episode for pretty much every KyoAni show. The big people at the studio pitch in in that way. It doesn't preclude him from preparing the next series he'll be directing.

Dresden

Free - 05

I thought I was ready for the inevitable
dead father
drama, but the last minute of this episode kinda sunk that ship. Face met palm.

Makoto is still the perfect husbando/human being.

cajunator

Banned
Toonami's already wasting 90 minutes on Bleach, Sword Art Online and IGPX and you want them to air even more bad shows?

I seem to recall IGPX being one of the largest flops in anime history.
Does anyone actually watch that?

My continue support of anime.

BRLEw3bCcAAqcW_.jpg

Congrats! Nice choices.

Someday... Someday I'll actually be able to purchase the dvds/blu-rays I want...

Probably Move Naruto or One Piece into the Lead slot. Most Likely One Piece. Still, its a consistant draw, losing one of those will hurt.

I'm afraid to ask if the censor was originally there or added. Or, actually, any sort of context.

What shows do you like on bluray?

Just watched Pacific Rim. Wow. A long time since I had this much fun in a movie. Dat action. Why is this not printing money?

Yeah its one of the most fun movies Ive seen in a while.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 67

Okay, it doesn't really seem obvious to Sakura about Shaoran and whatnot. Still, she stayed up late for a whole week to knit him a scarf to say "thank you", so...maybe?

Scenes between Toya and Yukito were very good.

Jarmel

Banned
They've gone from cup ramen to real ramen with that Madoka and Bakemonogatari money.

I guess we'll find out this Fall whether that's a good thing.

Apparently Watanabe figured that he could show off concept art from Space Dandy at a Chilean convention months ago because no one would notice. He was right, because we only just noticed. Lol!

He wasn't joking about the Scifi part. I wasn't expecting aliens.

Man if we can get an anime version of Treasure Planet or a less serious Titan AE...

Necrovex

Utena 34

This show is getting creepier and darker every episode. I feel like I might go insane before this series ends. That backstory involving the Prince and Utena. Oh god.

I remember the happier times where I could watch a fleet of elephants attempting to end Nanami's life. Those were simpler times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom