• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I, for one, push Utena on everyone, so you can't fault me for only recommending shit shows.

You know there this girl in one of the expo's I went to, and she was trying to tell me how Utena was based on an older anime and that I should watch that one instead. I remember her well but can't remember the anime. Do you have any clue?

Narag

I saw both of these, and neither compare to the pure horror that is Rock-A-Doodle.

I saw that so many times I knew every line by heart. Even when I rewatched it a couple years ago. What a troubling childhood.

You know there this girl in one of the expo's I went to, and she was trying to tell me how Utena was based on an older anime and that I should watch that one instead. I remember her well but can't remember the anime. Do you have any clue?

Rose of Versailles?

Pooya

God Eater Prologue OVA

finally watched this, well, there is hardly any story here but the action looks damn fine and I quite like this universe from the game. Visually it looks somewhat flat, though if we got a God Eater TV series from ufotable, I think it can be lots of fun.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Well I, for one, push Utena on everyone, so you can't fault me for only recommending shit shows.

I need to become the champion of something that already has a widespread reputation in the anime community so that I can actually get to cleansing my soul. I haven't exactly had much traction with my own legit good wonk shows :(

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 10

Watching the Heartcatch movie put me in the mood to start Smile Precure, but I didn't want to invoke Hito's wrath by putting this aside for that show. Plus, while for some reason I find it harder to work up the desire to watch this show than others, I do enjoy it when I watch it.

So, anyway, what's the big deal about them working at the magic shop? Is it about child labor laws or something? Technically they aren't making any money by working there, so really they were right about it not being a "job". I guess their teacher just wanted to make sure they weren't being taken advantage of or something. I think when she saw how much they enjoyed being there she decided not to pursue the matter further. Well, except for telling their parents, but hey, they're taking on responsibility. Doremi's mother had to be shocked at that much.

Because you like fanservice and therefore are "part of the problem."

image.php

I can't imagine

You say that with such a straight face!

Chet has a face?

But I like to think I'm a nice person, but maybe I'm not...

Kagami

School Days is a bad show which only gets recommended here because there's a substantial segment of this community which enjoys seeing other people post "shocked" impressions of whatever.

I love the game and think the anime is a great adaptation. But it appeals to a minority taste, so it's hard to recommend to strangers on the internet.

wonzo

Banned
Just a heads up that the Kingdom manga translation's have finally passed where the anime's currently at. I'm gonna recommend people just read that instead of watching the anime unless they find the awful CG entertaining to watch.

*Drops S2*

Blood Lad 06

Yq5bk6tl.jpg

Best Vampire Based move I have seen all day.

Nice action. Still wondering where the hell are they going to end this anime adaptation though.

CorvoSol

I think it's more like Snake carrying FoxDIE at the end of MGS1.

You never know when the axe will fall. Just try to use the time you have left as best you can.

Thanks Naomi. Are you going to tell me my exposure to AOdie will someday ruin the human race before or after you fuck my gay lover best friend?

Its definitely a good Idea to read the manga before some jerk inadvertently spoils you, which will happen. Oh it will.

I've managed to avoid spoilers for it so far. Not entering the AoT thread because of the way people still think the show is good in that thread has managed to keep me safe.

School Days is the Oedipus Rex of anime, for better or worse.

You'd think it would be SAO, what with all that dramatic irony.

speaking of

0HIPtl6.png

Is that Kagari? She needs to get back in here and post more. FF GAF doesn't give her the full gamut anyway.

And Utena was a good show. You shouldn't recommend the Utena movie to anyone, though. Except on the grounds of visual presentation. 'Cuz that movie's plot is messier than a toddler's plate.

Anyway, I should check out School Days, except I had the ending spoiled, so like, whatevs. Still can't be as bad as Astral Ocean, Rah Xephon, or 00's movie.

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls

Well since My Little Pony is in Japan, this counts right?

Anyway, I was doing a group watch with some people on Skype, and the movie was.... okay I guess. Twilight went into the human world because whatsherface stole the crown and ran away with it.

There was a bunch of "HEY REMEMBER THE TIME THEY MET AS PONIES? LETS REPEAT IT BUT AS HUMANS", which was pretty cringe worthy. I'm not fond when they do the nudge nudge wink wink thing. Anyway, seeing as Twilight had trouble with her newly found wing boners, she had trouble standing on two legs and HANDS. She meets up with everyone else, who apparently aren't TOMODACHIS, because villain sent false emails and shit. But after figuring it out, they unite to make Twilight the princess of the ball in the human universe.

Apparently they didn't give a fuck when Twilight revealed who she was, and Pinkie Pie has some good hunches, but things work out, until the Villian decide to be a bitch, and evil things happen, and then TOMODACHI WA MAHOU and paralellograms.

Like any high school movie, we had to have a romance aspect of it, and this movie was no exception. This was the other cringe part. It didn't exactly feel too.... open in regards to its appeal I guess (except you know, the ones who like human ponies), but it was watchable in a group since one of them hates ponies with a passion and it just gets played off like that. Think it really is a sign that Ponies will never be the same since Season 3 wasn't any good.

CorvoSol

Megas XLR 207

Kiva is a total badass and Megas is more powerful than space pirates. This is the moral of the episode today. This cheesy space pirate tries to hit on Kiva for an entire episode, not picking up on how uninterested in him she is (at this point, one wonders what kind of men Kiva is into, since she does express a deep level of trust in Coop throughout the episode.). Coop wins an interstellar eating contest and Jaime loses at everything because he is a small-minded, petty individual.

CorvoSol

I guess I gotta try harder to be nice.

Yeah you're just not nice enough. If you give me twenty dollars American, though, then I'll consider you nice enough. For thirty dollars American I'll consider you TOO nice, and for a monthly subscription fee of ten dollars American I will tell everyone how nice you are in every thread in which I participate, ten times a month.

Yeah you're just not nice enough. If you give me twenty dollars American, though, then I'll consider you nice enough. For thirty dollars American I'll consider you TOO nice, and for a monthly subscription fee of ten dollars American I will tell everyone how nice you are in every thread in which I participate, ten times a month.

Too bad I'm broke...

wonzo

Banned
Sure, so racist that even the big black community in the Netherlands celebrates the day and character. But if you say it.
"There are Black Republicans, ergo the Republican party can never be racist."

Do you have any idea how dumb this sounds?

Not sure how dumb as hell correctly describes an accepted term and concept in science.
It correctly describes it when it's used to shield incredibly Sexist, Racist, and Homophobic laws/customs in different countries/continents.

Branduil

Sure, so racist that even the big black community in the Netherlands celebrates the day and character. But if you say it.

If there's a big black community in the Netherlands, why aren't they the ones who dress up as Zwarte Piet? Why is it white people wearing blackface?

iavi

Gonna watch the dub in theaters next Sunday, woo.

I'm actually pretty disappointed I missed the premier at AX. I didn't even realize there was an Ao no Exorcist film, and that it was what was being advertised. I thought they were just holding a viewing for the series.

Jex

Neon Genesis Evangelion 1-3

I see that 'You Are (Not) Alone' followed these three episodes nearly directly, almost everything is the same so far, or at least I can't recall something that wasn't in 1.0 or vice-versa. Shinji isn't the most likable guy at this point but considering the situation I can't really blame him for being the way he is. Seeing him freak out against the second angel in episode 3 was satisfying however. Misato is a bit of a ditz but it is clear she means well and tries to cheer Shinji up.

Pacing of the show is quite good at this point, nothing too boring but it's not progressing too quickly to keep on top of what is happening. In general I'm definitely interested in seeing where this series goes.

And why is there a penguin.
The penguin houses all the wisdom and knowledge of mankind.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 128

ChibiUnitedStatesofAmerica had a dream of meeting the magical white Pedogasus, who told her to keep this meeting a secret otherwise the Police Clowns will get it. Speaking of clowns, those are our main enemies, that's where the SuperSilly comes from.

Anyway, nice to know that the other Senshi were pretty pointless, even Chibi Moon gets a buff through the power of Asexual Pegasus Juice.

Nice to know that dude's whip worked out like I thought, it can chain people down if it wraps around their shadow. Anyway, looks like they're chasing booty to find people with beautiful dreams to arrest Pedogasus, and then do things to him. Also Usagi said something about Chibiusa reading her mother's erotic friendfiction. Some lewd commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom