• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Shiina used to post a lot of random little sketches on Twitter -- here's one from a few years back (to celebrate 40,000 Twitter followers) of a version of ZKC that might be more along DTL's interests:

And at the same time he posted one of the three main guys genderswapped as well:

Something is wrong with me ..i like those alternate versions , as a ZKC fan i find those really intresting in many ways.

CorvoSol

It'd be far easier to (and care to) communicate with you if you stopped getting so hung up on incredibly superficial things, constantly missing the forest for the trees.

Well, I'm sorry you feel that way. I certainly haven't meant to make this conversation less than pleasant, and apologize for my being slower than you are. I can't really think of what I've done to kill your desire to engage me in a conversation about a show we both like, but I'm sorry I've done that all the same. I know I'm neither the sharpest tack in the thread, nor the easiest, most pleasant personality to get along with here, though, so yeah. I'm sorry.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 146

What's amazing is that they reused the ball design yet again... and made them related no less. That's pretty cool. Nevermind Tuxedo Mask's rose attack was flattened instantly and killed his cool intro.

We have a foriegn princess (and we know how that works out when you put them in with the rest of us plebians) as our victim, and no Inner Senshis to help out. No Pegasus conversations either.

She looked awed seeing balloons fly away, comparing it to the freedom she obtained, but she certainly was weird throughout the episode.

cnet128

Banned
Actually that's something used in many shows. i'm remember GTO using the same thing

Yeah, I got the impression it was a pretty popular song in general that seems to have earned itself a fair few cover versions. Taiko no Tatsujin just happened to be where I personally knew it from.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 3

Enter Cure Peace, who many in this community have such an affection for.

Well early on...meh. Less crying would be better. And what's with the rock-paper-scissors thing? Is it cause the peace sign looks like scissors...whoa. Lewd.

What was that hero she designed? A superhero janitor? Plus I'm pretty sure "Best Effort" means yours was deemed the worst.

Yeah, I got the impression it was a pretty popular song in general that seems to have earned itself a fair few cover versions. Taiko no Tatsujin just happened to be where I personally knew it from.

i was talking about the lady at the cafe in precure ....

The chairwoman in GTO is actually doing the same thing , working both in the cafe and at the principal of the school..

Smile Precure 3

Enter Cure Peace, who many in this community have such an affection for.

Well early on...meh. Less crying would be better. And what's with the rock-paper-scissors thing? Is it cause the peace sign looks like scissors...whoa. Lewd.

What was that hero she designed? A superhero janitor? Plus I'm pretty sure "Best Effort" means yours was deemed the worst.

Well first of all, you'll understand soon. And the crybaby thing gets toned down later.

Second, goddammit why did you point out the part that gets used the most when defile Yayoi? Shes suppose to be pure.

Happy birthday DTL!
http://i.imgur.com/o8qmKwK.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
Best ship, thanks

[quote="_Keiichi_, post: 75987047"]Happy Birthday DTL.

Here, have a cute boy.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rTcq5TT.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
Need to get back to Natsume s4, hope its as good as 1-3, thanks

[quote="duckroll, post: 75987343"]I was looking at a few recent drawings the Zetsuen character designer posted on his twitter. I think DTL will like this one![/QUOTE]
I miss Mahiro a lot, glad it has some fandom still.

[quote="jbug617, post: 75989567"]Happy Birthday DTL.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Syrinx, post: 75990287"]Happy Birthday DTL.[/QUOTE]

[quote="cajunator, post: 75990723"]Happy birthday DTL ![/QUOTE]

[quote="dakkumauji, post: 75991703"]Even though I already said it on Twitter, Happy Birthday again DTL![/QUOTE]

[quote="Chronoexe, post: 75995795"]Happy Birthday DTL. (^ _ ^)/[/QUOTE]

[quote="Theonik, post: 75995911"]Happy Birthday DTL!!![/QUOTE]

[quote="Passive Assassin, post: 75997035"]This be a hallowed day since DTL joined neogaf and brought change to smut manga gaf and then animugaf.[/QUOTE]

[quote="cnet128, post: 76031375"]Ah, I almost forgot too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DTL![/QUOTE]

[quote="ZachDeKoromaru, post: 76041439"]Happy birthday DTL, have the only male character I have an overwhelming attraction to.

It's like True Tears keeps following me![/QUOTE]

[quote="jgminto, post: 76059295"]Happy birthday, deetle!
[IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/a6719811db115e74dcdbc963d4a98072/tumblr_mlsekhc2tV1s0efnzo1_1280.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]
Ill need to hunt that one down.

[quote="Articalys, post: 76059383"]We saw just a bit earlier that Zettai Karen Children mangaka Takashi Shiina loves to draw congratulatory sketches for the seiyuu that were in the ZKC anime. No sooner had he finished a birthday sketch for Kisho Taniyama on the 11th (which was posted a bit earlier in the thread) did he immediately make [URL="http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/08/12/zettai-karen-children-the-unlimited-author-sketches-birthday-tribute-for-voice-actor-kji-yusa"]one[/URL] for Koji Yusa (birthday Aug. 12) as well.[/QUOTE]

If we could get a ZKC Unlimited s2, kind of miss Andy and Hyobu

[quote="nintendoman58, post: 76063539"]Wow. That's....really irresponsible coming from the people who made such a charming little short.

Oh and a happy birthday to DTL![/QUOTE]

[quote="wonzo, post: 76069151"]happy bday dtl[/QUOTE]

[quote="trejo, post: 76089551"]Oh and happy birthday DTL![/QUOTE]

Thanks that was a whole lot.Wont ever forget.
---------------------
Picked up anime today.
[quote][img]http://31.media.tumblr.com/5c6c6a08b7b0195faa28dc679810db78/tumblr_mrg5h3umO61qbxqfpo1_1280.jpg

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Happy bday DTL!

3ny1iVY.jpg

Narag

Excited for Gifu Dodo!! tomorrow. If the last episode turns out to be the start of better, well, everything, this final run should be good.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 147

Awesome dresses and Ami asking Mako-chan to dance... and they combined very gracefully too. They were destined for each other.

Theme of the episode, being a gigalo, and Mako-chan suffering.

Just watching her sit there in the rain waiting for him to return was just suffering, and there wasn't enough time to develop it, so it was like... lets rush to crushing your hopes and dreams.... I've also realized... we need our Midseason climax.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sailor Moon SuperSilly 147

Awesome dresses and Ami asking Mako-chan to dance... and they combined very gracefully too. They were destined for each other.

Theme of the episode, being a gigalo, and Mako-chan suffering.

Just watching her sit there in the rain waiting for him to return was just suffering, and there wasn't enough time to develop it, so it was like... lets rush to crushing your hopes and dreams.... I've also realized... we need our Midseason climax.

Ami x Rei forever. Every other couple is fraudulent.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 4

The fuck does "Cure March" mean? Well, either way, she's probably my favorite so far, and her transformation sequence was rad.

I'm gonna be hearing "Yay yay yay" all fucking night. I can feel it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Attack on Titan - 14

bWRVvZ6.png
Zbj3t95.png

Dat stronk Mikasa, and...... female?

LOL at Eren
getting the shit kicked out of him by Levi.
Kinda makes up for not getting more Mikasa time.

No seriously, is Zoe a girl?

======================================

Reisagi, at least they tongued on screen.

Sorry man, Ami x Rei is the only way to go. No exceptions.

48TlE.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Smile Precure 4

The fuck does "Cure March" mean? Well, either way, she's probably my favorite so far, and her transformation sequence was rad.

I'm gonna be hearing "Yay yay yay" all fucking night. I can feel it.

Windy month. In like a lamb, out like a lion etc etc.
and Cure Windy was taken already

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Finally got around to catching up on Railgun S, and it's been reasonably entertaining. It's like night and day comparing Railgun to Index. The spin off is totally upstaging the original.

Soma

Attack on Titan - 14

No seriously, is Zoe a girl?

The confusion kinda stemmed from Isayama being jokingly vague about her gender and fans pretty much went to town on that statement.

As far as I'm concerned, she's female for all intents and purposes.

Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Episode 19 – Reminiscence
tumblr_mrg8b8OZeT1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mrg8b8OZeT1qbxqfpo2_500.png

The first 18 minutes were way too funny. Shino's numerous moments (when he dived for the coin even, lol), and lines towards the cat, then the cats voice, and ultimately the party scene, were some of the best in the series.
Liked how we finally got all the balls thats been gathered so far. I wonder if we can get the other two before the animes end, (assuming its even been covered in the manga

jbug617

Banned
We loves ya DTL.
also great pick up on Nichibros. Ill pick it up with my next shipment.

I switched my order for that with Yu Yu Hakusho movie. I figured NISA Store will have it on sale in a couple of months unless they sell out because it seems like that happens more often now.

Kazzy

You know, what's actually worse about 3.0 is that:
leaving aside some of the 'dressing' like the time-skip basically all the same events happen in the same order that they do in the TV series except that they're mostly done poorly.

I guess that could act as a nice little caveat,
and feeds into that cyclical theory that people like to throw about.
, had the character development not vanished. In the series, it felt characters were setting events into motion, their emotions/actions drove the plot. Whereas, with Rebuild, it's the complete inverse. Things happen simply because they're supposed to.

Interesting reading your thoughts. I'm not sure I can even really properly articulate how I feel about the whole thing, especially after just having seen 3.0 at Otakon.

For fear of becoming way too enraged about this whole (again!), I'll simply post my original impression of the whole thing.

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 - 15

Oh noes, Nozomi's mother is ill! And worse still, there's nobody but Nozomi at home to look after her! Nozomi's clumsiness and general capacity for failure is so infamous that everyone is aghast when they hear this news, so they rush over to Nozomi's home to help out.

They needn't have worried, though - though Nozomi does indeed manage to mess up an awful lot of things, she isn't completely hopeless (indeed, as it turns out,
her mother was actually worse when she was that age.
...lol.) And perhaps more to the point, just the sight of Nozomi doing her best to help out is exactly the medicine her mother needed. D'awwwwww.

Of course, it does also help when Rin's mother (and later the rest of the Cures) come around to lend Nozomi a hand. Trying hard is all very well, but there's something to be said for actually succeeding. And speaking of succeeding, the Cures are pretty successful in fighting off yet another attack from toad-boy (who provides a contrast to Nozomi by being a similar terrible failure who can't do anything right at his workplace, but not because he isn't capable, rather because he doesn't even try to put in any effort).

i was talking about the lady at the cafe in precure ....

The chairwoman in GTO is actually doing the same thing , working both in the cafe and at the principal of the school..

Oh, right! Silly ambiguous posts. Edit your quotes better so I know what you're talking about! =s

Never saw GTO, so I didn't know a similar thing was used there. Seems like an oddly specific thing to show up in multiple places...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom