• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushibugyo 19

Underwater fighting when Jinbei used his feet to latch unto the rocks to do his Tsukishima style was incredible and then to reverse the current when the bug transformed to Human form and destroy him was epic
. This series ought to have been given 52 episodes or something. The Yukimura/Kisshu arc has been quite amazing.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon SuperSilly 147

Awesome dresses and Ami asking Mako-chan to dance... and they combined very gracefully too. They were destined for each other.

Theme of the episode, being a gigalo, and Mako-chan suffering.

Just watching her sit there in the rain waiting for him to return was just suffering, and there wasn't enough time to develop it, so it was like... lets rush to crushing your hopes and dreams.... I've also realized... we need our Midseason climax.

Ohh Makoto looks really good right there.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 148

s5kSRSP.jpg
PO23CmU.jpg

Minako! How lewd~

I guess we know the villain's real identities, which is pretty obvious based on their name sakes
and because of that, they can't have beautiful dreams... or dreams at all

FishEye tries going for Mamoru before their time is up, but ultimately fails to whoo him. Seriously, this season is out to get Mamoru. Meanwhile, it's trying to reassure us that Usagi still has friends.

Well it's canon now folks. Mamoru has been around the block! What Ami said in the Rough Movie has come to fruition! Even if he was unconcious.

Mature

Just wanted to say thanks to Jexhius and everyone else who recommended Uchouten Kazoku. I'm already on episode 4 and it's pretty much head and shoulders above everything else this season. The only other thing I'm really enjoying is Watamote, and it scratches a different itch. It's very consistently funny. I'd like to watch more Silver Spoon; the first episode wasn't the best first episode, but it felt like it did a good job establishing the characters and the setting. If nothing else, I enjoyed the tone, as well as the atmosphere. Feels like it could be a slice-of-life, in a matter of speaking, without carrying the baggage that normally comes with that classification.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just wanted to say thanks to Jexhius and everyone else who recommended Uchouten Kazoku. I'm already on episode 4 and it's pretty much head and shoulders above everything else this season. The only other thing I'm really enjoying is Watamote, and it scratches a different itch. It's very consistently funny. I'd like to watch more Silver Spoon; the first episode wasn't the best first episode, but it felt like it did a good job establishing the characters and the setting. If nothing else, I enjoyed the tone, as well as the atmosphere. Feels like it could be a slice-of-life, in a matter of speaking, without carrying the baggage that normally comes with that classification.

My problem with Silver Spoon is the horse girl romance that you know will go nowhere. If they did more The Great Escape episodes, I'd be happy though.

If anything, she should be like Serika in Space Brothers. A fetish object for the main character, but with some random characterization thrown in to make it so that it isn't completely obvious. lol

Have you watched Rozen Maiden?

My problem with Silver Spoon is the horse girl romance that you know will go nowhere. If they did more The Great Escape episodes, I'd be happy though.

If anything, she should be like Serika in Space Brothers. A fetish object for the main character, but with some random characterization thrown in to make it so that it isn't completely obvious. lol

Read the manga. Its 80 chapters in and there is a pretty good amount of romance now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So the only two shows I've watched this season have been Love Lab and Uchouten.

Love Love Lab to death but Uchouten does nothing for me. Really disappointing. Dropping it after 3 episodes.

Anyway what else is worth watching this season? Is Rozen Maiden still good? Was it ever good in the first place?

Jarmel

Banned
Not that anyone cares about this but I think there was another error in the list.

Kanno Concert Playlist Mk.Too Many +1

1.Tank!
2.Nomad Soul
3.Innocent Green
4.Chikyuu
5.Gravity
6.Rakuen, visual with bird
7.Monochrome sung along with prerecorded voice(in that the prerecorded voice was in addition to her voice), visual with pulse machine
8.Memory of Fanelia
9.Someday My Prince will Come
10.Real Folk Blues
11.Wo Qui Non Coin sung solo, visual with plastic bag and credits
12.Power of the Light
13.Star Spangled Banner
14.Tank! But played faster

So some people have commented that she played Tank last and I've read another comment that she played Mast in the Mist but I sure as hell don't remember that one.

cajunator

Banned
Give me near tonguing of these two or give me a picture of Yayoi Kise.

Its one thing to ship fictional characters but I draw the line at real minor kids, acting or not..

I'll do it when I'm ready for bed! I survived Max Heart at a faster speed, I can do this one just fine since it's not awful.

Dunno how you do it either. Aside from being way too ADD, Sailor moon aint compelling enough to marathon it to this degree.
I have marathoned shows but its uzually something pretty special. For a 26 episode series I have to extremely into it. Series as long as SM just aint happening.

Sailor Moon SuperSilly 149

I guess this is our midseason climax, since it plays off the last episode as well

Fisheye figures out who Sailor Moon is (deathflag) and kidnaps Chibiusa after learning her secret. Despite this, she doesn't report who the Pegasus really resides in. Zirconia mistakes this as Usagi and sends them off to go after her.

Usagi is captured after splitting up, but Fisheye comes in to stop them from looking into Usagi's heart. A fodder enemy appeared though to do that instead. The fodder kills one of them in the process, and ends up shattering the Dream Mirror for Usagi, which from the looks of it, was the same as killing Usagi.

Fisheye and Friend uses the orb that grants them their human form to revive her and Chibiusa to kill off the clown, and then die/turn back into their original forms. But because they found salvation, the Pegasus gave them dreams and a human form, and took them to the Dark Forest he resides in.

Man it would be a bit easier to take some of the things seriously in here if it wasn't for the designs of the Monster of the Week. Kinda hard to take Death Circus seriously in these scenarios.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 21

"Daisuki! Oyajiide" I share this feeling.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 22

Ojamajo Doremi the fate of two sisters.
Kimitaka-kun
steps ups his game and force
Kotake to do something.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 23

ai90AVd.jpg

I think this is an upgrade from being the world unluckiest pretty girl.

yxGULM4.jpg

This is Orihime...

And this is her love advice
zUOY4a6.jpg

Funny coming from her.

Ojamajo Sentai! Majo Rangers! - 02

They went out of their way to animate the magic with the Majo Sentai clothes and didn't do a finisher move diferent from Magical Satge. smh.
They even got a insert sentai song! "Soreyuke! Majoranger"
Needs more Majo Purple!

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 25

Fuck the postal service and Fedex. One stayed with my package for over 1 week and the other refuse to deliver me Dragon's Crown.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 26

pSzVwTP.jpg

When being Dojimi saves the day.

Fuckin' Hippies. Purple got shafted again.

PYF0BNQ.jpg

Kimitaka
forced his hand.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 27

Shit! She reacted...
he's really her boyfriend
, since she always liked to taunt Doremi about her many boyfriends.
This episode was just Disney's Dumbo.

===============================================================

Also got this on the mail...
The dorama cd starts with the Ojamajo Carnival like the first season.
SO MUCH SPOILERS IN THE DORAMA CD!!
I went to college hearing it, so good! The ojamajos fighting against the cruelness of the internet.
In the end the Seyuus sending a message, Aiko-chan(Matsuoka Yuki) is the first to ask for help for a new season. Can we get it after New Sailor Moon?
The art spreads in the four volumes are very nice, might change my avatar later.
And the books are bigger than I tought.
Gotta learn more Kanjis. And if I heard right I'm up to Volume 2 with the help of the dorama CD. lol

Shergal

The new Rozen Maiden is a hard sell because it's tied to the franchise and went under the radar. Also the first episode was that recap. But it's actually very well done, I think it's one of the better shows this season.

Narag

The new Rozen Maiden is a hard sell because it's tied to the franchise and went under the radar. Also the first episode was that recap. But it's actually very well done, I think it's one of the better shows this season.

I want to check it out but am cautiously waiting to see it stays good throughout.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 5

The "have the established Precures screw up so the new one can show up and save the day" formula is getting old, but thankfully Cure Beauty is the last one, so that shouldn't be a problem going forward. Plus I kinda appreciate them bringing all of them in now so they can be together for the next 40-some odd episodes.

Cure Beauty's narration of her scene was kinda weird. "It seems I gain special powers when I transform" "It also seems I'm super strong". Uhh...yeah, don't do that anymore.

Its one thing to ship fictional characters but I draw the line at real minor kids, acting or not..

Dunno how you do it either. Aside from being way too ADD, Sailor moon aint compelling enough to marathon it to this degree.
I have marathoned shows but its uzually something pretty special. For a 26 episode series I have to extremely into it. Series as long as SM just aint happening.

Good thing I'm shipping Reisagi instead. At least it happened in the anime. I'm not sure where Ami x Rei came from.

In any case, I could say the same about Precure. At the degree I'm going, it's not that good to marathon, but at least it's doable to get the worst part of it out of the way before it actually kills me. But as I said, I can only do this kind of speed for a series and then go on the down low for some time. Although the shortest rest for me was between Rurouni Kenshin and Hajime no Ippo.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
TWGOK Goddesses Arc 06
I'm not really big on this series or anything, but this season has been alright so far. I kind of like things in this truncated format, as old TWGOK was prone to just stretching every scenario out to a point where they stopped being interesting. It also feels less nebulous with some kind of concrete short term goal and enemy, even if that wasn't really played up at all in this episode.

My knowledge of Rozen Maiden begins and ends with that gif of the doll slapping the guy. The sort of gothic, lolita imagery made me not pay it much attention.

I would highly recommend checking it out, with the awareness that the first episode is a summary of events and the rest of the show plays out differently. The recent show it reminds me the most of is Flowers of Evil, actually - the material is different, but it shows a similar attention to detail in visual direction and sound direction, with a dedication to deliberate pacing for the sake of realism and atmosphere. Omata isn't as good a director as Nagahama is yet, but he has the potential to reach that level with further refinement of his craft. I'll link to my episode 3 impressions, just to give you a sense of the kind of storytelling skill on display.

If nothing else, at least watch the ED.

Smile Precure 5

The "have the established Precures screw up so the new one can show up and save the day" formula is getting old, but thankfully Cure Beauty is the last one, so that shouldn't be a problem going forward. Plus I kinda appreciate them bringing all of them in now so they can be together for the next 40-some odd episodes.

Cure Beauty's narration of her scene was kinda weird. "It seems I gain special powers when I transform" "It also seems I'm super strong". Uhh...yeah, don't do that anymore.

Well this stuff usually happens to make the new Cure necessary. My problem with it in Smile's case is that they make them utterly incompetent to the point of being dumber than the Yes! 5 group, and it was infuriating just to see them blow their load, or actually fucking MISSING (whoever did that!?)

cajunator

Banned

It seems to have a pretty positive reaction so far. I dont recall how the previous series were recieved but im pretty sure people didnt hate those either.

Syrinx

Well this stuff usually happens to make the new Cure necessary. My problem with it in Smile's case is that they make them utterly incompetent to the point of being dumber than the Yes! 5 group, and it was infuriating just to see them blow their load, or actually fucking MISSING (whoever did that!?)

Yeah it was pretty bad at times. You don't need to be a veteran to know that you have to incapacitate the enemy before you do you're energy-draining purification on them. This one was particularly bad with the eight mirrors, cause they were all "Let's just use our purification at random and hope we hit the real one!" Cure March even said "no use thinking about it". No. Fuck that. Think about it.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah it was pretty bad at times. You don't need to be a veteran to know that you have to incapacitate the enemy before you do you're energy-draining purification on them. This one was particularly bad with the eight mirrors, cause they were all "Let's just use our purification at random and hope we hit the real one!" Cure March even said "no use thinking about it". No. Fuck that. Think about it.

The problem with mahou shoujo is that so many episodes of the genre exist its highly difficult to do anything new. So you have extremely contrived situations that are more a chore to watch than anything.

What sucks even more is that her episode was the least offensive in terms of them being stupid, it felt... like the other series, which is good!

All that episode did was establish that Cure Beauty is the only one that's competent to be Reikabot (too bad she's still kinda dumb too).

The Girl That God Lets Monologue To Herself 06

Moemoe Shiori episode doesn't disappoint.

Too bad we're now on the part of the Goddess Arc that looking back upon feels like it took forever to get through.

duckroll

One big problem is that the anime just doesn't have that kind of time.

What do you mean? They're going to adapt about 30 chapters a season I think, judging from the pacing so far. The first 11 episodes should cover spring and summer, and the next 11 episodes in Jan will cover autumn. That's about 60 chapters. They can't really plan for another set of seasons beyond that right now because the manga is still in the winter arc and it's not over yet.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What do you mean? They're going to adapt about 30 chapters a season I think, judging from the pacing so far. The first 11 episodes should cover spring and summer, and the next 11 episodes in Jan will cover autumn. That's about 60 chapters. They can't really plan for another set of seasons beyond that right now because the manga is still in the winter arc and it's not over yet.
Oh wait, it's two cours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom