• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJGj4df.jpg
saqdBPL.jpg

Can Seiya really say that after they finally revealed themselves to each other? Now there's a rift between the Inners and the Stars.

Aluminum Siren was just a punch clock villain ._.

I guess we'll see the Sailor Stars become full fledged douchebags.

cajunator

Banned
Can Seiya really say that after they finally revealed themselves to each other? Now there's a rift between the Inners and the Stars.

Aluminum Siren was just a punch clock villain ._.

I guess we'll see the Sailor Stars become full fledged douchebags.

Im gonna have to get past R if I ever want to get to the good parts.
Its so hard though.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 47

;_____________;
It begins...and it's going to be
in the order they started being ojamajos, first Momoko and Onpu-chan
. ;_____;
While
Momoko is worried sick
about what she's going to do,
because she doesn't want to abandon her friends nor her parents, Onpu-chan is putting her best work smile, until Majo Rika finds out about how she's going to transfer to another school far away to help in her idol career, which in turn
shocks Doremi and makes it
harder for Momoko to make a decision...but they have magic to meet each other when they want
...but...do they really have it?
Momoko then call all of them to a tea party, but Doremi is asked to come earlier, since she's the person she had spent more time with and probably the one who will be more devasted by her news and give a good hug on her
;________;
We can do anything if we do it together~♫

Tenumi

Banned
Fresh Pretty Cure!: 13

Constipation is a very serious subject.

Can't say that I expected
Pine to be the second to get a power up this season
. Not disappointed, in fact I like that they did that. Just wasn't the expected order of events.

Nafe

Birth

I'm not sure how many people here have seen this but Birth is an OVA from 1984. It's about 80 minutes long or so and while it's not the first, I believe it's notable as being one of the very first OVA's released.

There's not really much story and for the most part what is there isn't really anything original or complex. It takes place on a planet where these machine lifeforms called Inorganics have basically destroyed most of the life on the planet and turned it into a wasteland. This manifested sword known as Shade appears and the movie is basically one long connection of chase and fight scenes as the Inorganics attack the main characters and try to destroy this Shade sword. The ending seems a bit open ended or confusing though which might just leave quite a few people with a general "What?".

You're not watching this OVA for its story though but really for it's animation. There's quite a bit of sakuga here. While it may not be the whole movie, it's not just one stand out scene but more one after the other through the whole entire movie. Probably the big name here as far as animators is Yoshinori Kanada. He's the animation director and helped do quite a bit of the animation himself. Unfortunately I'm not as well versed in terms of appreciating the different animators yet as some, such as 7Th and /XX/ but it's interesting to see some other names such as Hideaki Anno helped work on the animation.

Despite having some really incredible animation in many parts it does seem like there's some hiccups here and there such as where the lip syncing looks clearly off at times. Another scene is later in the OVA where Namu falls off of a motorbike and it just looked weird to me the way it just sort of seemed to skid along the ground before falling. There's the humanoid Inorganic and after it jumps off the bit of a cliff there's about three cuts of it running along and, I think it was the second one, you get a good sense of speed and the animation might actually be okay but the movement just looked funny there to me as well. That might have been intentional though as you'll find there's all kinds of little sometimes seemingly random visual gags that pop up throughout the OVA.

I just borrowed some images here from EmmanuelMunoz (remember that bunny?) but they can't really give you a sense of the animation quality here.

Instead I found a YouTube video here which shows a scene of the OVA which looks to have been animated by Yoshinori Kanada himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P3JH3DE99n4

The chase through the canyons here and the part around where Rasa is flying over the bit of a stone bridge there is one of my favorite parts of the OVA due to the animation. If you're someone who really appreciates the animation of shows or doesn't mind watching a show more purely for it's animation compared to its narrative then I think you should give this a watch if you already haven't.

Danj

So I have some pictures and videos from the convention I'm at that ends tonight (there are also more to come but they won't be up till at least Wednesday as I'm going home tomorrow and I'm moving house Tuesday).

BluWacky

Uchoten Kazoku 1

Very late to the party on this one, having tried to watch this episode once before and failed to concentrate on it properly.

I don't think I can add much to the discussion, really - the surprising technical merits and admirable maturity of the show's dialogue and direction have already been commented on in some depth. I just wanted to add to the chorus of people being pleasantly surprised at how good the show is.

Maybe I'll even watch more of it!

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 190

10 episodes away from being done with the anime!

And Seiya uses the power of Song to explain his past to Usagi, she's finally a true fan!

Oh and Setsuna actually returns again. At this rate, I think it's safe to assume Sega Saturn won't come back?

Tenumi

Banned
Fresh Pretty Cure!: 14

Ah, time to tease the existence of a fourth member! Well, by tease, I mean chase around the key-thingy that gave them each the powers. Speaking of which, apparently Pine's allows her to understand animal speak. Hilarity ensues.

Anyway, with a full 3 on 3 battle and the looks of a story arc possibly starting, things should be ramping up soon.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 26

Festival episode, yukatas and games and all. That ring toss thing was kinda dumb though, didn't care much for it. I really don't like how they exaggerate Nao's fear of bugs and shit. Yayoi going for the superhero figure instead of Candy was pretty funny though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Can someone remind me how the first season of Oreimo ended so that I can recognize what's different in the S1 OVAs? Apparently I never watched those and it looks like they're an alternate ending rather than a continuation of the S1 end.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can someone remind me how the first season of Oreimo ended so that I can recognize what's different in the S1 OVAs? Apparently I never watched those and it looks like they're an alternate ending rather than a continuation of the S1 end.
IIRC, the show proper ended with a "Kuroneko" end, while the OVAs set up S2 by having him be a siscon and pine for Kirino.

The OVAs are the canon ending.

The S1 TV ending had different tells throughout that led to Kyousuke wanting Kirino to stay. Most prominent one being he looks at a picture book (TV). there's a bunch of other small differences that leads to the OVA ending.

JPXUqOp.jpg

Yui, your imagination is still wild as ever

To Love Ru Darkness OVA 3

Heavens above! Not a single ray of light hampering my TLRD OVA. I was so thoroughly thrilled after finding that out.

First half consisted of Haruna and Rito switching bodies with one another. What ensues is them taking a visit to Haruna's house and spilling some Mayo (NSFW) courtesy of Haruna's dog Maron (NSFW) after releasing his inner beast on Momo. Leading to the bath scene.

And oh god, the bath scene. (NSFW) (NSFW) (NSFW) (NSFW) (NSFW)

Second half focuses on Tearju (NSFW) sensei and her rocking body. During which, there is touching, there is groping, and of course Rito (NSFW) being at the right place, at the right time.

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 191

Ami has a mission to make them (Taiki) understand the warmth that Usagi gives off, with more mysterious Scented pot adventures goes on with Chibi Chibi the Pokemon.

Minako, Rei, and Makoto can't beat up a kid, that's pretty damn sad. Gotta leave it to Ami when she gets hot and bothered for her mission.

cajunator

Banned
Oreimo S2 14-16

Well, that was dumb. At least the fight and
coldhearted Manami in general
were cool.

Seeing that side of Manami was inevitable but not unexpected. Its always the shy supercute ones that are most dangerous.

To Love Ru Darkness OVA 3

Heavens above! Not a single ray of light hampering my TLRD OVA. I was so thoroughly thrilled after finding that out.

First half consisted of Haruna and Rito switching bodies with one another. What ensues is them taking a visit to Haruna's house and spilling some Mayo (NSFW) courtesy of Haruna's dog Maron (NSFW) after releasing his inner beast on Momo. Leading to the bath scene.

And oh god, the bath scene. (NSFW) (NSFW) (NSFW) (NSFW) (NSFW)

Second half focuses on Tearju (NSFW) sensei and her rocking body. During which, there is touching, there is groping, and of course Rito (NSFW) being at the right place, at the right time.

TLR goes all out. As close to hentai without being hentai as you can get. the errogenous tails are a nice touch.

One Piece 608

Doflamingo finally makes his appearance alongside some of his crew.

Notably, Baby 5 and her weapon morphing devil fruit powers whom I'm still hoping she and Sanji meet properly at some point.

Doflamingo was so cool in that scene. You know a guy is a real badass if he's just ignoring someone ruthlessly attacking them.

cajunator

Banned
Seriously yall. DO NOT watch Apocalype Zero. It is the worst shit ever. Worse than Eiken. Yes, I'd rather watch Eiken. Fuck everything.

hunter x hunter - 93

Alright episode

To Manga readers : i have a hard time recalling what was the new nation pictured now ( for the king stuff ). NGL was obviously a take on north korea , is the new nation inspired by china ?

East Goruto is the North Korea analogue, actually. NGL's just its own thing.

I'm really not sure I actually want to watch the new Oreimo OVAs. On the one hand, I need to see how this trainwreck ends. On the other, just reading people's reactions has already put a nasty taste in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom