• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 48

;______;
It's hugs and tears season.

Aiko goes back to her old outifit, and she looks better in it.
It has come, the time for
the Senoo family to decide their future. Aiko is going whenever is possible to Osaka to care for grandfather, and helping her mother out, the girls are worried and they come too, but they are no the only ones, Aiko's father has come too and ask to live together in Osaka as a family, the 3 ask the grandfather together and he accepts but he ask Aiko if she's ready to separete from her friends but she's sure they will undertand.

More hugs and cries. ;______;

And in the end they did a little fanservice to :sdburton with Aiko-hime x
Doremi-ouji
...and she says she always wanted to do this.

Jarmel

Banned
Ore no Imouto 9-

this fucking show

there is no purer entertainment than this

Now what I'm unsure about is whether Kuroneko is just as batshit insane as the lead two.

Seriously yall. DO NOT watch Apocalype Zero. It is the worst shit ever. Worse than Eiken. Yes, I'd rather watch Eiken. Fuck everything.

I thought I'd look up a review of the anime and this is what I found.
"Apocalypse Zero is an anime that lives up to its name. Zero merits, zero reasons to watch it, zero out of ten."

The way this person worded it is hilarious. Anyways I decided not to watch it after the 1st image that popped up on google images when I searched it was this (NSFW!).

cajunator

Banned
Ore no Imouto 9-

this fucking show

there is no purer entertainment than this

Now what I'm unsure about is whether Kuroneko is just as batshit insane as the lead two.

Yes, she is. but in a good way.

I thought I'd look up a review of the anime and this is what I found.

The way this person worded it is hilarious. Anyways I decided not to watch it after the 1st image that popped up on google images when I searched it was this (NSFW!).

Thats the least offensive image in it.

I'm out of town for a weekend and there's several hundred-thousand pages to read, never again! I'm going to figure out how to change Yuno nendo's face and pretend I'm doing something not strange. Since the Fall 2013 chart came out I'm more than likely going to watch:

InfiSHIT Stratos 2
Girl Wrasslin
Kill La Kill
Non Non Biyori
Galilei Donna
VVV 2: Electric ERUERUFU
Golden Time
Kyoukai no Kanata
Coppelion
Kyousogiga TV
Pupa

OceanBlue

Darker than Black OVAs 1-4

I can feel myself selectively picking out scenes that I like and pretending that scenes I don't like didn't happen. Is this what it feels like to be a delusional shipper? ;_;

Anyway, entertaining series. It was strongest when it was about the relationships between contractors, dolls, and humans (and, of course, the best arc was Yin's :D). The conspiracies and such were really only interesting because of November 11. Too suave~. Otherwise, the conspiracies weren't substantial enough to be interesting.
Once the characters starting breaking away from the organizations they represented and the organizations starting combining into the nebulous Syndicate, I stopped caring about the organizations. The twists would've been more interesting if the organizations were personified better.
I'm also not the biggest fan of
time travel
, so it's hard to imagine a way I could've liked it.

As for the plot for the OVAs, it was pretty out there. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed since I was expecting a disjointed story like episode 26, but I got plenty of hugs so I'm pretty happy :D. The animation was noticeably better. Figures that all of the sakuga MAD material is from the very last OVA, lol.

The OVAs threw out the strongest bait it could to get someone like me to watch the second season. To be honest, though, I'm too scared because of its negative reputation. I know that if I try an episode or two, I'll probably end up watching it all because of Suou, lol. Maybe I can take this delusional shipper thing a bit further and make up an ending for the show. :V

cajunator

Banned
Darker than Black OVAs 1-4

I can feel myself selectively picking out scenes that I like and pretending that scenes I don't like didn't happen. Is this what it feels like to be a delusional shipper? ;_;

Anyway, entertaining series. It was strongest when it was about the relationships between contractors, dolls, and humans (and, of course, the best arc was Yin's :D). The conspiracies and such were really only interesting because of November 11. Too suave~. Otherwise, the conspiracies weren't substantial enough to be interesting.
Once the characters starting breaking away from the organizations they represented and the organizations starting combining into the nebulous Syndicate, I stopped caring about the organizations. The twists would've been more interesting if the organizations were personified better.
I'm also not the biggest fan of
time travel
, so it's hard to imagine a way I could've liked it.

As for the plot for the OVAs, it was pretty out there. I have to admit that I was slightly disappointed since I was expecting a disjointed story like episode 26, but I got plenty of hugs so I'm pretty happy :D. The animation was noticeably better. Figures that all of the sakuga MAD material is from the very last OVA, lol.

The OVAs threw out the strongest bait it could to get someone like me to watch the second season. To be honest, though, I'm too scared because of its negative reputation. I know that if I try an episode or two, I'll probably end up watching it all because of Suou, lol. Maybe I can take this delusional shipper thing a bit further and make up an ending for the show. :V

Suou makes it watchable.
Unfortunately shes the only character that really does.

Seriously yall. DO NOT watch Apocalype Zero. It is the worst shit ever. Worse than Eiken. Yes, I'd rather watch Eiken. Fuck everything.

I watched it back in high school. I'm ashamed to say that I think I may have actually liked it then. I was on a bit of a gore kick with a friend of mine back then, and the more "extreme," the better.

I was a fucked up teenager.

One Piece: Episode of Nami

The story here is not outside the norm for battle shounen in its basic theme and structure, but it is well-executed, which of course is what matters in storytelling. Nami's story is powerful in its appeal to basic human feelings, and her character is developed strongly enough to serve as the story's emotional linchpin. Nami is complex enough to be interesting to watch and figure out, but the motivation behind her actions is understandable by anyone who has loved another human being. The final battles were cathartic, especially
with them ending with Luffy's destruction of Arlong's map room, obliterating the prison that had kept Nami entrapped for so long.
It's one of the best stories about the importance of having a community who you will be willing to protect and who will be willing to protect you that I've seen. I can understand now how One Piece became so popular in Japan.

The production is fairly good, certainly way better than the early One Piece TV episodes I watched. The first 15 minutes have some awkward, spastic editing as they quickly recap the events of the series prior to this arc and get the players onto the island, but afterwards it settles into a solid pace. The storyboarding occasionally resorts to bizarre distorted layouts but is mostly well done, with dynamic camera movements and a couple nice visual touches. There's a decent amount of decent animation, which especially helps in having battle scenes where the fighters are actually moving. The character art gets iffy in places, and the digital composition is mediocre at best - the characters look detached from the rest of the world and sometimes the color palette becomes distressingly washed-out (see below). The kinks don't seriously impair the impact of the work as a whole, though.

What I can't get over is the ridiculous body proportions for the main females.

q3FqLlf.jpg

With breasts that big and a chest that small, how does she not snap in half?

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 193

We have a Minako is fat joke in this episode!

PLOTPLOTPLOTPLOTPLOT

So the incest burner that ChibiChibi had the princess inside of it, and Taiki and Yaten attempt to bully her as a result, however, the rest get there, and shit goes down with the power of the black hole, as Usagi has the Star seed inside of her.

Both ChibiChibi and Usagi were swallowed up, along with Sailor Crow (EAT IT), but Chibi Chibi's play thing saved the both of them, on top of the princess appearing.

cajunator

Banned
One Piece: Episode of Nami

The story here is not outside the norm for battle shounen in its basic theme and structure, but it is well-executed, which of course is what matters in storytelling. Nami's story is powerful in its appeal to basic human feelings, and her character is developed strongly enough to serve as the story's emotional linchpin. Nami is complex enough to be interesting to watch and figure out, but the motivation behind her actions is understandable by anyone who has loved another human being. The final battles were cathartic, especially
with them ending with Luffy's destruction of Arlong's map room, obliterating the prison that had kept Nami entrapped for so long.
It's one of the best stories about the importance of having a community who you will be willing to protect and who will be willing to protect you that I've seen. I can understand now how One Piece became so popular in Japan.

The production is fairly good, certainly way better than the early One Piece TV episodes I watched. The first 15 minutes have some awkward, spastic editing as they quickly recap the events of the series prior to this arc and get the players onto the island, but afterwards it settles into a solid pace. The storyboarding occasionally resorts to bizarre distorted layouts but is mostly well done, with dynamic camera movements and a couple nice visual touches. There's a decent amount of decent animation, which especially helps in having battle scenes where the fighters are actually moving. The character art gets iffy in places, and the digital composition is mediocre at best - the characters look detached from the rest of the world and sometimes the color palette becomes distressingly washed-out (see below). The kinks don't seriously impair the impact of the work as a whole, though.

What I can't get over is the ridiculous body proportions for the main females.

q3FqLlf.jpg

With breasts that big and a chest that small, how does she not snap in half?

body proportions are one thing I definitely find wrong with One Piece, and particularly the character designs themselves.

yami4ct

I'm out of town for a weekend and there's several hundred-thousand pages to read, never again! I'm going to figure out how to change Yuno nendo's face and pretend I'm doing something not strange. Since the Fall 2013 chart came out I'm more than likely going to watch:

InfiSHIT Stratos 2
Girl Wrasslin
Kill La Kill
Non Non Biyori
Galilei Donna
VVV 2: Electric ERUERUFU
Golden Time
Kyoukai no Kanata
Coppelion
Kyousogiga TV
Pupa

Oooo. Fall 2013 watchlist time? Fun. Looking at the chart

Definitely watching:
VVV Season 2
Kill La Kill
Gundam Build Fighters (Sense of obligation+Actually really liked the Beginning G shorts)

Interested in:
Samurai Flamenco
Coppelion
Pupa

Morbid Curiosity:
Magi 2. (Maybe I'm alone on this, but I really am enjoying these manga story arcs. Really hoping A-1 gets it together for this. Not betting on it, though. )

yami4ct

That about sums it up.

Also Magi 2..will it have any Ren Kougyoku? Or do I have to abandon it.?

It'll have a little at the beginning if they don't skip the arc they look like they are skipping. After that he vanishes. Based on current events, he might return late in the season

wonzo

Banned
well for the folks that dismiss anime as a medium boring harem moeblobs ;)
There are dozens of far better things you could show them instead.

only two episodes
It can't be that bad. Hell, the bits and pieces I've seen on youtube were pretty funny tbqh.

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi 31
ibyvLJiddjcdHS.png
iBMxoHbMTtgNt.png
izbDHEijpBzY6.png

I don't think steak would last in Mongolian post.
Also for once Doremi's shoddy craftsmanship saves them.
Poor Pop too and she tried so hard.
We are also once again confronted with the seeming inconsistency of the power of the magical stage yet again too.

Knowing how OReimo ends up, I just have no interest in the series anymore. I hate pandering, unrealistic endings where worst girl wins.

Now to figure out what to do with the first season 3 dvd set.

cajunator

Banned
It'll have a little at the beginning if they don't skip the arc they look like they are skipping. After that he vanishes. Based on current events, he might return late in the season

He? Ren is a yandere princess.

There are dozens of far better things you could show them instead.

It can't be that bad. Hell, the bits and pieces I've seen on youtube were pretty funny tbqh.

Dont do it ;_;

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 194

Usagi is really breaking down now, sounds like we're about to get even more drama once more things become clear
like you know, Mamoru got killed, and by technicality so did Chibiusa. I felt like I mention this before, but being Chibiusa is really suffering, I mean she died at the end of the filler arc, but then came back to life.... and then they kill her off in the episode after that. God damn

I like the whole body guard thing, as there were two hilarious moments where Minako pointed out two people that could potentially be the enemy... and it was!

We get back story on the Naval--- I mean Sailor Wars, in where Galaxia was the strongest in the galaxy, but now she wants Chaos to spread again.

We're really opening the Usagi will cheat on Mamoru aspect
which is fine since he's DEAD
, and she tried to prove that she was a strong willed girl, but she practically broke down upon seeing the rose, but after she half purified the enemy. Saint Seiya moves in asking if he's good enough.

EDIT: Actually in regards to the earlier spoiler
I already noticed this well ahead of time, but didn't feel like commenting on it at the time, but it seems now is a good time as any. Why haven't they noticed Chibiusa is missing from the photo? I didn't want to ask this because I could've sworn she had two different sets of pictures, but we never see the other one with Chibiusa again.

Fate prisma illya - 07

fate_illya_07_03.jpg

Best way to communicate ..i want a kaleid riner too ...

This episode was roughly 80% sdburton alert but as you'll see by those Screens ..but it's NFSW

Maid ! Maid i tell you !

Screen 1 , Screen 2

Damn if they aren't doing a superb job with this adaptation
S2 must happen !

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 49
story_img_1.jpg

Is snow considered :firehawk too?

Hazuki-chan.
I will go to Misora middle school!
Hazuki-chan,
I will go to Misora middle school!!
Hazuki-chan!
I will go to Misora middle school!!!
Hazuki-chan?
I will go to Misora middle school!!!!
Hazuki-chan...
I will go to Misora middle school!!!!!

The opression atmosphere in this episode is incredible! It is amusing to see
how Doremi-chan puts more pressure in Hazuki than her mother, and even what motivates her lies in her past with Doremi.
Hazuki-chan made a music for the ojamajos to play together, called "Friends" but as they train it she gets a lot of parts wrong because she's in a complex mental state...
she can't bring herself to say to Doremi that she's going to Karen Girls Academy(which Tamaki passed too...but I already knew) and even starts avoiding Doremi.
Doremi has grow up so much
that she realizes Hazuki wants to go to Karen Girls Academy to be a pro violinist, and after she tell her this, Hazuki can confidently say it herself and Doremi finally congratulate her on passing her exam.

The animation was pretty good when they were playing their instruments at the end~♪

Jarmel

Banned
Ore no Imouto 11-
ib1APgKIwVaOJv.png

You know this might be a decent harem anime if it wasn't for Kirino. Ayase and Kuroneko are obviously the superior pair and have decent chemistry. The problem is with the rest of this shit show.

I've also seen enough anime to know where that last scene was going.

I also think Ayase may be the hottest girl of the younger group. Saori Vageena is queen though.

Mr.Jeff

I decided to try and forget going back to work tomorrow catch up with some of my backlog and realised I'd missed the last two episodes of Seitokai Yakuindomo. While the sex gags can be a bit hit and miss in places, I love some of the delivery of the retorts and the incidental jokes they add to the background.

Also hearing Satomi Arai's impression of Wakamoto-esque announcer is great.

I'd be interested to know what kind of sales they're getting of this and whether they'll continue on with this OVA format. Are they just bundling it with the latest manga volume releases?

Edit: Also nice to see Manga Entertainment taking advantage of SAO's popularity for its UK release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom