• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you expect differently?

Yes. I was hoping they would get over the brother complex and become a well adjusted brother-sister pair, given how many flags the novels had for Kuroneko going on.

The sudden deus ex breakup, and 'hurr durr incest is wonderful!' thing was just, I dunno, damn lazy pandering.

Instead of being romantic or cute, it's just damn creepy.

I decided to try and forget going back to work tomorrow catch up with some of my backlog and realised I'd missed the last two episodes of Seitokai Yakuindomo. While the sex gags can be a bit hit and miss in places, I love some of the delivery of the retorts and the incidental jokes they add to the background.

Also hearing Satomi Arai's impression of Wakamoto-esque announcer is great.

I'd be interested to know what kind of sales they're getting of this and whether they'll continue on with this OVA format. Are they just bundling it with the latest manga volume releases?

Edit: Also nice to see Manga Entertainment taking advantage of SAO's popularity for it's UK release.

One more oav is planned ..who knows what will happen after that point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I decided to try and forget going back to work tomorrow catch up with some of my backlog and realised I'd missed the last two episodes of Seitokai Yakuindomo. While the sex gags can be a bit hit and miss in places, I love some of the delivery of the retorts and the incidental jokes they add to the background.

Also hearing Satomi Arai's impression of Wakamoto-esque announcer is great.

I'd be interested to know what kind of sales they're getting of this and whether they'll continue on with this OVA format. Are they just bundling it with the latest manga volume releases?

Edit: Also nice to see Manga Entertainment taking advantage of SAO's popularity for its UK release.

No more Akari?!

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 195

LXjGWXm.jpg

Shit's getting real with one last concert, and the continuation of Stars not holding shit back.
Everyone else finds out about the Mamoru situation
and also found out that he never made it to the Uni.

PLOTPLOTPLOTPLOTPLOT

It is revealed that the bracelets are controlling the Sailor Soldiers, as Nya-chan fluctuates between her good side and her evil side. However, she was killed by Galaxia. She retrieves the True Star Seed from the FireBall Princess, which led to both her finding the Light of Hope in Chibi Chibi, and to her utter death. We're definitely not fucking around now.

Shit's going to get ugly pretty fast.

Syrinx

Smile Precure 27

Two main highlights of this episode:

-Candy's elephant decor. It's an actual, real-sized elephant. Goddamn.
-Wolfrun. Particularly the scene with Miyuki's grandmother. That was great.

Also sparklers are lame as shit, have always been lame as shit, and always will be lame as shit.

faridmon

Yes. I was hoping they would get over the brother complex and become a well adjusted brother-sister pair, given how many flags the novels had for Kuroneko going on.

The sudden deus ex breakup, and 'hurr durr incest is wonderful!' thing was just, I dunno, damn lazy pandering.

Instead of being romantic or cute, it's just damn creepy.

Nope. I am sorry, but the first moment the series began, it was obvious the whole point of the show was that brother-siscon angle. They made it clear again and again, marketed as such and hence that was why it sold well in the first place. The market accepted such themes and they just went with it. Only a naive person would think otherwise. Get over the brother complex? oh please, it was evident how the show was evolving when Kirino and Kyosuke would would up their tease after each episode until it seemed impossible it would go another direction.

Maybe your hopes was initiated when the second season played around with harem angle, which was dumb and stupid (some of the reason why the second season was shit compared to the first one, but I'll leave that for now) but the siscon complex was still there and in fact I would say it only invigorated the theme because of jealousy and bla bla bla. The last Episode before the OVA (Which I liked btw) showed where the that complex stemmed from and from that point onward it clicked. This show was meant to be as it says on the tin.

I still haven't watched the OVA, so I can't tell you any of my impression about it, and I may hate as much as you are, for the same or diffrent reason, but if you think it would end in Kyosuke having another girl as an end, then you would fooling yourself.

I am sincerely baffled by the sudden disgust at the the show from the viewers. What else were you expecting when you stated this show called '' My Sister Can't be this Cute''?

Smile Precure 27

Two main highlights of this episode:

-Candy's elephant decor. It's an actual, real-sized elephant. Goddamn.
-Wolfrun. Particularly the scene with Miyuki's grandmother. That was great.

Also sparklers are lame as shit, have always been lame as shit, and always will be lame as shit.

This one was rather fun because of the two highlights. Candy helping thankfully isn't a one off.

I'm out of town for a weekend and there's several hundred-thousand pages to read, never again! I'm going to figure out how to change Yuno nendo's face and pretend I'm doing something not strange. Since the Fall 2013 chart came out I'm more than likely going to watch:

InfiSHIT Stratos 2
Girl Wrasslin
Kill La Kill
Non Non Biyori
Galilei Donna
VVV 2: Electric ERUERUFU
Golden Time
Kyoukai no Kanata
Coppelion
Kyousogiga TV
Pupa

The only series that I'm interested in are Kill la Kill, Kyoukai no Kanata, maybe Coppelion, and maybe Kyousogiga (although I never watched the ONAs).

This year's been kinda disappointing so far, but I'm hoping Kill la Kill and Kyoukai no Kanata can fix that. Plus more Monogatari Series.

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 196

Oh god.... I thought I was ready... I wasn't

Z6JcZAC.jpg

For once, this isn't an exaggeration in the slightest. God fucking damn IT

The Inners go in after the Stars in order to protect their planet on top of saving the Stars.

...... She's too strong... SHE FUCKING KILLED THE INNER SENSHI SANS MOON. SHE FUCKING KILLED THEM, THEIR BODIES DON'T EXIST! THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD! WHY! WHY!
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?

why..... I didn't think I need to get a tissue box...

amazingly enough, Sailor Moon could tell which one was Mamoru's Seed

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Moretsu Pirates/Bodacious Space Pirates Episode 8: Right, I can certainly say this without hesitation or irony, thank god the introductions are over with and we can let the real games begin. Indeed this is the introduction to, I guess I could call this the Serenity Arc. Indeed, it seems a royal stowaway has boarded the Bentenmaru in order to recruit the crew for a most grand task, find a legendary golden ghost ship. Okay, you see that preceding sentence, that is what I want out a space pirate epic, not angst about High School grades. Though we do get that anyway since they are not dropping the High School setting, but it makes sense since they need a place to hide the princess. Indeed our (anti?)heroes soon learn, that free will is no parlance against forces that wish to hunt them down for, given the episode preview, less then altruistic reasons. Anyway, this show definitely went the Noir school of taking its sweet time to get watchable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I changed it to an Amanchu related one after we were talking about it a week or so back. There's pages and pages of avatar worthy material from both series so I'll probably change it again at some point.
lol, fair enough.

There's actually someone else with an Akari avatar, which is kind of neat. There are like five people who like Aria on GAF. lol

I feel so weird for not really caring about magical girl series at all.

The only one I've ever seen to completion is Madoka, and the only other one that really piques my interest is Utena, and that's primarily because I absolutely loved Penguindrum and want to see more of Ikuhara being really, really weird.

I attribute it to never actually watching the Sailor Moon dub on Toonami, so there's no nostalgia. Practically everyone else I know who likes anime did.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So I've been out for a while.

On a scale of "Burn my computer" to "Reformat my computer", how we're the last OreImo episodes?

I know the ending anyway.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

The only one I've ever seen to completion is Madoka, and the only other one that really piques my interest is Utena, and that's primarily because I absolutely loved Penguindrum and want to see more of Ikuhara being really, really weird.

I attribute it to never actually watching the Sailor Moon dub on Toonami, so there's no nostalgia. Practically everyone else I know who likes anime did.
The Sailor Moon dub was an awful hackjob. There's no need to have nostalgia for it when the real thing is much better.

Besides, Sailor Moon is Ikuhara too.

Jarmel

Banned
Ore no Imouto 12-
bunk-the-wire.gif

That is one of the most out of place confessions I've seen in awhile. It's like they just dump it there because they had nowhere else to put it.

Nope. I am sorry, but the first moment the series began, it was obvious the whole point of the show was that brother-siscon angle. They made it clear again and again, marketed as such and hence that was why it sold well in the first place. The market accepted such themes and they just went with it. Only a naive person would think otherwise. Get over the brother complex? oh please, it was evident how the show was evolving when Kirino and Kyosuke would would up their tease after each episode until it seemed impossible it would go another direction.

Maybe your hopes was initiated when the second season played around with harem angle, which was dumb and stupid (some of the reason why the second season was shit compared to the first one, but I'll leave that for now) but the siscon complex was still there and in fact I would say it only invigorated the theme because of jealousy and bla bla bla. The last Episode before the OVA (Which I liked btw) showed where the that complex stemmed from and from that point onward it clicked. This show was meant to be as it says on the tin.

I still haven't watched the OVA, so I can't tell you any of my impression about it, and I may hate as much as you are, for the same or diffrent reason, but if you think it would end in Kyosuke having another girl as an end, then you would fooling yourself.

I am sincerely baffled by the sudden disgust at the the show from the viewers. What else were you expecting when you stated this show called '' My Sister Can't be this Cute''?

Because they hyped up two series love interested, in some many ways, during the first season and the web episodes, as well as the start of the second.

A lot of work was put into making Kuroneko a main love interest for example. On the flip side, there was never any chemistry toward his sister.

Then suddenly, everything was thrown out the window in season 2 to give her the win. It was the worst sort of plot armor, and honestly, ruined any suspension of disbelief in the show. After the sudden breakup, it was all over. At that point, the series turned from potential classic to fanwanking bullshit, like so many other shows before it.

It's not the first show with this issue, won't be the last. It just seems that authors can't help by plot armor characters to nonsensical levels just to appease the fans.

Incest, no matter how you cut it, is just creepy, and nonsensical.

Metrotab

Banned
Majestic Prince - 19

How did they have to arc around Jupiter when they passed Neptune? What?!

EDIT: Looks like the OreImo wave hit NeoGAF too. Debauchery for everyone!

The Sailor Moon dub was an awful hackjob. There's no need to have nostalgia for it when the real thing is much better.

Besides, Sailor Moon is Ikuhara too.

I understand that. I just wonder if my utter lack of interest in magical girl series has anything to do with never really being exposed to them at a younger age.

And yeah, I know he directed the first four seasons, but how much of it really has his directorial style?

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 197

Auuugh what the fuck!?

You fucking sold out on us Uranus and Neptune! YOU FUCKING KILLED PLUTO AND THE SEGA SATURN!

ITS NICE THAT THEY HAVE HOPE BUT YOU KILLED PEOPLE! YOU UTTERLY KILLED PEOPLE!

This is why we can't have nice things. It's really bad for Saturn because she didn't really do anything. And Galaxia pretty much told us that by reviving Nutella, it forced the Sega Saturn to grow faster than expected.

faridmon

Because they hyped up two series love interested, in some many ways, during the first season and the web episodes, as well as the start of the second.

A lot of work was put into making Kuroneko a main love interest for example. On the flip side, there was never any chemistry toward his sister.

Then suddenly, everything was thrown out the window in season 2 to give her the win. It was the worst sort of plot armor, and honestly, ruined any suspension of disbelief in the show. After the sudden breakup, it was all over. At that point, the series turned from potential classic to fanwanking bullshit, like so many other shows before it.

It's not the first show with this issue, won't be the last. It just seems that authors can't help by plot armor characters to nonsensical levels just to appease the fans.

Incest, no matter how you cut it, is just creepy, and nonsensical.

There were certain romantic element with Koreneko, yes, but it always felt that it was a background element which was made just to support the main siscon element. In fact, when Kyosuke and Koreneko went out, you could see how Kirino was developing a strong jealousy which strengthen her ''attraction'' towards him. Yes, I agree, the first season was good in a sense there wasn't a strong implication of the incest element, but you gotta admit, there were teases throughout. Butts, thighs, him looking at his sister awkwardly.

and yes, I agree, the second season was bullshit. As a fan of the first season, the second season threw everything out of the window and made it a bad harem anime with a lot situational bullshit. This however, had and underline theme of Kirino getting closer and closer to Kirino amids all those stupid situations.

Yes, I agree with you incest is just creepy, disgusting and wrong. But you were watching a show that had it and it doesn't change the fact that ending was sort spelled out throughout.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I understand that. I just wonder if my utter lack of interest in magical girl series has anything to do with never really being exposed to them at a younger age.

And yeah, I know he directed the first four seasons, but how much of it really has his directorial style?
S and Supers are very much Ikuhara, as are many of his episodes throughout. Junichi Satou actually directed the first series and part of R before passing it off to Ikuhara.

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! - 50

Holy shit at that revelation in the beginning,
that makes Doremi-chan being chosen rather than accidently being turned into one of the majors tools to change the witch world...since the very beginning.
Everyone already
have broken Doremi's hope
in the last episodes, and now
it's time for all of them to do the same to Hana-chan
. Sadly
their answer was going to be pretty obvious, after all they learned from all the witches they met, even the Queen tought so, the only one surprised was Hana-chan..."We will not become witches"...but then she discovers that their wishes were all things they could resolve without magic and they are ready to give up their magic, but Hana-chan confuses this with they not loving her, what isn't truth and they want to do what they can so the human world can accept magic and witches, even if they can't in their lifetime, it's a mission they will pass to their descendants and for Hana-chan to do her best as the new Queen(they give all their magic crystals to become Hana-chan new crystal, I think that counts too)...but I wonder, will Hana-chan be able to come back to meet them in their lifetime or will she be too late.
But that what happens
when you turn a 3 year old into the new Queen,
fuck da rules!
After four years no one press the B button for Majo Rika
. And it's time to say goodbye to the Witch World and next time the GRADUATION CEREMONY.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
There were certain romantic element with Koreneko, yes, but it always felt that it was a background element which was made just to support the main siscon element. In fact, when Kyosuke and Koreneko went out, you could see how Kirino was developing a strong jealousy which strengthen her ''attraction'' towards him. Yes, I agree, the first season was good in a sense there wasn't a strong implication of the incest element, but you gotta admit, there were teases throughout. Butts, thighs, him looking at his sister awkwardly.

[...]

Yes, I agree with you incest is just creepy, disgusting and wrong. But you were watching a show that had it and it doesn't change the fact that ending was sort spelled out throughout.
As demonstrated by countless shitty anime, especially harem shows with eunuch protagonists, teasing is not doing. The fact that you could make a case for a conclusion does not make that conclusion inevitable, especially when doing so in retrospect. All the people gloating over this need to get over themselves.

cajunator

Banned
Double checked where the anime ended. She should have some stuff near the beginning and then show up as a part of a major battle later on. Who know's where she ends up after that because that's the fight still going on.

If shes in there the potential for adorable scenes goes up tenfold. otherwise the show is pretty forgettable aside from Mor and her thunder thighs.

Ore no Imouto 11-
ib1APgKIwVaOJv.png

You know this might be a decent harem anime if it wasn't for Kirino. Ayase and Kuroneko are obviously the superior pair and have decent chemistry. The problem is with the rest of this shit show.

I've also seen enough anime to know where that last scene was going.

I also think Ayase may be the hottest girl of the younger group. Saori Vageena is queen though.

You are correct on all counts.

faridmon

As demonstrated by countless shitty anime, especially harem shows with eunuch protagonists, teasing is not doing. The fact that you could make a case for a conclusion does not make that conclusion inevitable, especially when doing so in retrospect. All the people gloating over this need to get over themselves.

I am not gloating. I just see the ending that many are surprised by wasn't a surprise if the whole show was any indication.I am not sure comparing the type of teasing that only result in empty sexual innuendos and bleak fetishes with strong thematic and visual teases is proof or a disaproof) of anything

Dog & Scissors 5

Good lord, Masochist editor might as well be named best girl of the season.

She single-handedly managed to convinced me of being the superior girl over the sadist and the yandere in this episode alone.

And that's after the yandere imouto pulled out the chainsaw.

cnet128

Banned
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 14-16 END

So that was a thing.

I can't help but feel vaguely amused by all the people acting like these three episodes were some kind of travesty or affront to humanity or whatever, because for the most part I think this ending worked well. Of course, I knew what was coming, since I already read the final novel (and to an extent even before that, thanks to all the spoilers in this thread =p) but even when I was reading these events fresh, I thought it was pretty sweet for the most part.
The sheer chemistry between Kirino and Kyousuke in a lot of the scenes was amazing in the novel, and the adaptation did a decent job of getting that across too.

Certainly, there were a few parts that bothered me when I originally read this material in the novels. The most notable being
Kuroneko's rejection scene, since though I've always been more of a Kirino fan, Kuroneko is the girl I've always thought should end up with Kyousuke. Besides which, that scene was just plain heartrending, easily the most painful of the rejection scenes. For some reason it didn't feel quite as painful here in the anime - perhaps because I'd experienced it once already, or perhaps because the adaptation just didn't execute it as well as the novels did. I'm guessing it's a little of both. It was still a pretty damn emotional scene, though.

Of course, another part that bothered me when I read the original novel, and that bothered me again here, was the way it ended. I'm still not sure how I feel about
Kirino and Kyousuke's decision to be a couple until their graduation, and then go back to "normal".
On the one hand,
it's pretty irritating that in the end, nobody ended up with Kyousuke. I would have loved to see the series end with the promise of Kyousuke and Kirino actually staying together, because they do make a really great couple.

On the other hand,
I kind of appreciate how it's more...realistic this way. An ending with Kyousuke and Kirino actually getting together and staying together, the end, happily ever after, would have been beautiful and all, but it also wouldn't have been very believable. Love winning out over everything sounds nice, but I'm not sure any outcome the series chose would have been able to convince me that their relationship would actually last indefinitely. Even normal relationships don't stay perfect forever, and as numerous characters pointed out over the course of these three episodes, the inherent issues with such a relationship would plague them for the rest of their lives. It seems inevitable that they would break under the pressure eventually.

Which is why the ending they did choose makes a lot of sense from a realistic point of view. It allows the two of them to accept and express their feelings for each other, while also accepting the reality that continuing such a relationship just isn't feasible. In a way, it's similar to how both of them were intending to confess to one another even though they were almost certain they would be rejected. More important than the actual outcome was the act of getting those feelings out in the open, facing up to them, and moving on from there.

The fact that they specifically went out of their way not to tell anyone that the relationship was temporary until it was over, to the point of carrying out that whole confrontation with Manami under the pretence that they weren't ever going to break up, actually makes the whole thing more powerful, because it means that they had that whole bitter argument not because they had no choice, but because they wanted to. It was a matter of pride, of being true to their feelings rather than giving in. It would have been easy for Kirino and Kyousuke to give in to Manami's demands and just say "all right, we'll return to being a normal brother and sister", since that was what they were going to do either way, but to them, the simple act of standing up for their feelings in the face of opposition was more important than anything in that moment. That's really kind of awesome.

And I guess there's one more positive thing to the series ending this way: in a way, it's very open-ended. Though he's done an awful lot of bridge-burning, the fact remains that Kyousuke is now theoretically "available", and I don't think it's out of the question that he'll ultimately get together with one of the other girls. They're all used to Kyousuke making a giant idiot of himself, after all, and I think they'll understand why he had to reject them the way he did, and eventually forgive him for it. Which is why I choose to believe that someday Kyousuke gets together with Kuroneko despite everything. That or Kanako, lol.

There was one last thing that bothered me in the novel:
the question of whether or not Kirino and Kyousuke ever...consummated their relationship. In the novel, there was a "morning after" scene immediately after their night in the hotel, where the narration made it deliberately ambiguous whether or not they did actually go that far or not. Personally, I was inclined to believe that they did, but it was open to interpretation, and I quite liked the way the narration tactfully sidestepped the question.

Which is why it bothered me that later on in the wedding scene, the dialogue and narration heavily implied, if not outright stated, that the kiss in the church was their first kiss. Since it's pretty difficult to believe that they would have had "relations" but never kissed, that felt like tantamount to outright stating that not only did they not go that far in the hotel that night, they didn't go that far at any point during their short-lived relationship. I find that incredibly hard to believe, and I think it goes against the whole idea of going all-out and being a proper couple for that brief period, so as to have no regrets, before putting that behind them and facing up to reality. It bothers me, is all.

As for the anime adaptation, it sidesteps the question even more thoroughly - there wasn't any indication in the wedding scene that it was their first kiss, but the morning-after scene implying that they "might" have done it was omitted entirely as well. So I guess that's a little better? Maybe? It doesn't quite feel right to give the anime credit for just leaving stuff out entirely, but at least it does avoid making the awkward implications that bothered me in the novel version.

Well, that's pretty much the extent of my thoughts on the ending itself. Now for my thoughts on the adaptation.

First things first - I basically knew this was going to happen, and I guess it doesn't hurt the series if you don't know it's missing, but it still pisses me off to no end that the adaptation left out almost all the content of Volume 11. That volume did a lot of things really well:

- It explained thoroughly how Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship reached its current state, in the process fleshing out both characters really nicely.
- It also fleshed out Manami's character, gave her some much-needed screentime, demonstrated her more serious side that had been hinted at throughout the series, and set the scene nicely for the part she played in the final novel.
- It allowed Kirino and Kyousuke's relationship in the present day to finally reach a point where they both fully understand and are comfortable with one another.
- Perhaps most importantly, it told a really nice little self-contained story from Kyousuke's younger days that introduced a whole new character who I really like.

Out of all of that, the only thing the anime ultimately managed to cover was the first point, and even then only Kirino's half of the story. Which is better than nothing, certainly - Episode 13 was easily one of the best parts of OreImo S2 - but still a huge waste when you consider all the excellent material that was tossed aside. I WANTED TO SEE SAKURAI ANIMATED, DAMMIT.

Honestly, I just think this second series in general just felt too rushed. Even these last three episodes covering the final novel felt like they were rushing through the material at points - I was irritated that they cut out
basically all of Kirino and Kyousuke's Christmas Eve date prior to the confession
. Skipping over
the section where they went shopping for clothes
I can just about understand, since it wasn't too eventful (and sort of tied in to the Sakurai story that the anime left out *grumble grumble*), but did they have to leave out
the Skytree date
too? And I noticed pretty much all of the
scenes where they actually played the Christmas eroge together
were summarily skipped over as well, which is a shame.

I mean, I can see why they had to leave out a lot of this stuff, since the material they did include easily filled up the three allocated episodes with precious little time to spare, but it's still kind of irritating. If they were going to have this much trouble fitting everything in, they really should have made the series two cours instead of one. Would've done wonders for the pacing and allowed them to fit in plenty of things that got left out. Like all of Volume 11. (...I'm not bitter or anything.)

Finally, since I've covered the things I didn't like about the adaptation, I think it's only fair that I mention one small thing I noticed the adaptation added that I did like. When
Kirino and Kyousuke are listening to the recording Kirino made when she was younger, it ends with the question "What do you think I should do?"
In the novel, the chapter ended on that line, leaving it as an open question. The anime added a line where
the present-day Kyousuke and Kirino look at each other and then reply in unison, "Leave it to us!"
, which I thought was pretty sweet, very much in-character, and a great way to end that episode.

See, the adaptation wasn't all bad! =p

I'm going to miss this series.

...Sorry for the massive wall of text. I didn't think it would get quite this huge >_______<

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 196

Oh god.... I thought I was ready... I wasn't

Z6JcZAC.jpg

For once, this isn't an exaggeration in the slightest. God fucking damn IT

The Inners go in after the Stars in order to protect their planet on top of saving the Stars.

...... She's too strong... SHE FUCKING KILLED THE INNER SENSHI SANS MOON. SHE FUCKING KILLED THEM, THEIR BODIES DON'T EXIST! THEY'RE FUCKING DEAD! WHY! WHY!
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?
WHY!?

why..... I didn't think I need to get a tissue box...

amazingly enough, Sailor Moon could tell which one was Mamoru's Seed

I spoiled the final episodes of Stars for myself long ago. Had a feeling youd react to this. It was kinda surprising in a way and yet kinda not.

Moretsu Pirates/Bodacious Space Pirates Episode 8: Right, I can certainly say this without hesitation or irony, thank god the introductions are over with and we can let the real games begin. Indeed this is the introduction to, I guess I could call this the Serenity Arc. Indeed, it seems a royal stowaway has boarded the Bentenmaru in order to recruit the crew for a most grand task, find a legendary golden ghost ship. Okay, you see that preceding sentence, that is what I want out a space pirate epic, not angst about High School grades. Though we do get that anyway since they are not dropping the High School setting, but it makes sense since they need a place to hide the princess. Indeed our (anti?)heroes soon learn, that free will is no parlance against forces that wish to hunt them down for, given the episode preview, less then altruistic reasons. Anyway, this show definitely went the Noir school of taking its sweet time to get watchable.

It was interesting at first if youre a fan of hard sci fi and like explanations/exposition.

faridmon

Great right up Cnet. I am actually looking forward to watch the ending (partially because of all the outrage) but you are right, there were certain chemistry between the siblings that other character fail to have.

Watch more dark magical girl stuff then. Daybreak Illusion and Symphogear are solid.

cjkeats

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai. 14-16 END

I really enjoyed reading this.
I was bummed about Sakurai being cut too, she sounded interesting from the summaries and stuff I've seen. I'm more salty about the ClariS cut than anything though.
They cut the whole Ayase stalker too which puzzles me as to why they even showed her in the first place.

Jarmel

Banned
Ore no Imouto 13-
ibami1tDQQzovH.png

Am I supposed to feel sad during those piano pieces?

You know, this might have been an interesting show if it focused on the development of a normal sibling relationship after them falling out/growing apart as they got older. It could have been an interesting character study that shows the impact that siblings have on each other and also how people change over time even without dramatic events.

lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The secret that the Magical Girl Mafia won't tell you is that Revolutionary Girl Utena, Princess Tutu, Sailor Moon R: The Movie, and maybe Re: Cutie Honey and some of the gayer episodes of Sailor Moon TV if I'm feeling generous are the only mahou shoujo anime you really "need" to watch.
JXcgagQ.jpg

Dresden

In lieu of a thoroughly tasteless pun on the word 'eating' I'm going to just go ahead and say that this proves my point...although whatever the hell it is, I guess it may be worth it for shock value?

The director is good and the premise is amusing (a brother selflessly provides his own body as sustenance for his now-monstrous sibling). Could be fun.

Sailor Moon Lewd Stars 198

30ucj

....So they... killed Sega Saturn and Pluto... to get more power in hopes to kill Galaxia... but she doesn't have a Star Seed....
The failure.... resulted in Uranus and Neptune's death. The Solar System Senshis are all dead now (sans Moon)

Sailor Moon actually had doubted them to the very end, not realizing it was an act, and in their final breathe, they moved closer to touch each other so they can die together

Galaxia then reveals that she's the strongest, and that she sealed chaos in her body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom