• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Precure doujin update

A Cure doujin... and another Wolfrun doujin...

And the Cure doujin looks awful.

Don't know why you continue to put yourself through this. ;_;

On another note, if they ever release a ripped Mikasa dakimakura, let me know.

cajunator

Banned
Precure doujin update

A Cure doujin... and another Wolfrun doujin...

And the Cure doujin looks awful.

what is there a Precure doujin factory somewhere? Is it set on a wolfrun bias?

Alright I'll try it out then. I don't watch much mecha because I like to see the human body in action shows getting beaten up then a robot. Some dude made some best anime fights compilation on YT and I saw Star Diver on it, and it made me want to see some mechas fight. So hopefully this anime will bring me to like mecha anime's again, well if the fights are cool. I haven't seen Star Diver but that fight was so awesome to watch that it made me look for mecha shows and this popped up.

Wow, I didn't know that o_O. I find out something new everyday.

Yeah. Do a google image search for Hanaharu Naruko. AND DO NOT DO IT AT WORK.

Kino's Journey - 1

So yeah, this was...good. Really good.

Once again I fall victim to the misunderstanding of someone's gender in an anime. I'm the guy who thought Yuri from Tales of Vesperia was a girl until I heard his voice. Don't lie to yourself, this has happened to you before.

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw that Kino was the only guy in the town and there were only machines there, I was like: "Okay, I've got this figured out. The entire world is his imagination and the talking motorcycle is a figment of it. They're doing that thing in Ratatouille with the rat and the dead chef."

But actually no! I was relieved to see that there actually were people there and that one guy could (supposedly) hear the motorcycle's voice. So the "It's all a dream" cliché can be thrown out the window.

When he started talking about what happened to the country, that's when things really picked up. It felt like the guy was talking more to the audience than he was to Kino. The country's backstory is pretty freaky. The supposedly wonderful plan of everyone knowing each other's thoughts backfiring on the whole town really sets a dark mood as Kino drives away.

And what is with this random Japanese text that shows up every now and then with this eerie noise? I don't know what's at play here, but it is damn uncomfortable.

This show is going to rip my heart out and stomp on it isn't it?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kino's Journey - 1

Once again I fall victim to the misunderstanding of someone's gender in an anime. I'm the guy who thought Yuri from Tales of Vesperia was a girl until I heard his voice. Don't lie to yourself, this has happened to you before.

Ruka from Steins;Gate. Ultimadrago had a good laugh.

Branduil

Kino's Journey - 1

And what is with this random Japanese text that shows up every now and then with this eerie noise? I don't know what's at play here, but it is damn uncomfortable.

It's a common Nakamura technique. He uses it to break the 4th wall and engage the audience with direct questions.

Don't know why you continue to put yourself through this. ;_;

On another note, if they ever release a ripped Mikasa dakimakura, let me know.

Much easier to deal with than going for Pokemon H. Not to mention it gets a new doujin entry almost every day. Considering the rates of being able to Precure it goes down over time, its best to check every night. Plus All I really have to do is search Precure, and look at the names. That's it. It barely takes any time. That and I was blessed with Smile Punicure, so clearly I have hope.

what is there a Precure doujin factory somewhere? Is it set on a wolfrun bias?

There is in fact a circle that likes Wolfrun all day every day.

cajunator

Banned
Kino's Journey - 1

I'm not gonna lie, when I saw that Kino was the only guy in the town and there were only machines there, I was like: "Okay, I've got this figured out. The entire world is his imagination and the talking motorcycle is a figment of it. They're doing that thing in Ratatouille with the rat and the dead chef."

But actually no! I was relieved to see that there actually were people there and that one guy could (supposedly) hear the motorcycle's voice. So the "It's all a dream" cliché can be thrown out the window.

When he started talking about what happened to the country, that's when things really picked up. It felt like the guy was talking more to the audience than he was to Kino. The country's backstory is pretty freaky. The supposedly wonderful plan of everyone knowing each other's thoughts backfiring on the whole town really sets a dark mood as Kino drives away.

This show is going to rip my heart out and stomp on it isn't it?

Different aspects of humanity's dark and light side are explored in each country. Its really thought provoking while being extremely entertaining. The text is actually subtitled, or is supposed to be.
Also I looooooooooove the OP and ED of the show.

cajunator

Banned
Much easier to deal with than going for Pokemon H. Not to mention it gets a new doujin entry almost every day. Considering the rates of being able to Precure it goes down over time, its best to check every night. Plus All I really have to do is search Precure, and look at the names. That's it. It barely takes any time. That and I was blessed with Smile Punicure, so clearly I have hope.

There is in fact a circle that likes Wolfrun all day every day.

So Precure is pretty popular in doujin circles. Sadly I expected that to be the case.

The joke is that all characters in Monogatari are insane.

Thats one hell of an understatement.

cnet128

Banned
I haven't seen Kino's Journey, but I'm pretty sure I've known Kino's gender as long as I've been aware of the series' existence.

...I also have a Nendoroid Petit of her that came free with some DS game I bought and then never played.

also all of this talk about the series is making me want to check it out I hate you all WHY DO YOU MAKE ME WANT TO WATCH ANIMES

The joke is that all characters in Monogatari are insane.

To a greater or lesser extent, yes. Senjougahara has always been one of the more unhinged among them, though.

So Precure is pretty popular in doujin circles. Sadly I expected that to be the case.

Moreso than Pokemon, although I think that's more in lines with Nintendo being a bit more anal about their IPs being used for doujin material (speaking of which, WE NEVER GOT THAT FUCKING PM GALS OMNIBUS).

Cashew Sins 12

Half way point

We're given a brief history lesson about Bragging Boss's reign, and colors. Robots be pissed for people having hope because they're assholes. I like how one of them was a russian robot though.

Hmm.... Not too much to comment other than that. Ringo's still following them.

I'm choosing option 3!

Me too! How could you choose otherwise! I mean holy shit. Im jelly of that cover.

Ok that'd be my 2nd choice, anything but the awful option 1.

Kuroko no Basket is bundling an original anime dvd with vol 25 of the manga. The original anime DVD will be based off the chapter called "Idiots Don't Win". The package comes out December 4th.

http://t.co/Pp5fWG3peO

Cool, cant wait on season 2 this fall.

Mr.Jeff

Mahoraba Heartful Days
Bastion of good taste in obscure shows as always.

Not as shameful as backlogging Kino's journey!
Now I do have some other shows on hold that I should be watching which IS shameful.
Sketchbook for one! You're a monster for leaving a Satou Jun show with KanaHana in it unwatched.

I thought it was well established that Kino was a girl. No boy is that cute.
I don't know, the fox in Natsume Yuujinchou raises some very awkward questions.

Up to a point. The Naruto manga has been pretty shitty for the last six months or so.

Which still makes it better than Bleach, granted.

I think if they continue on the path they set out upon today for the anime, then the adaptation of the manga's events as presented in the anime may make it really special and memorable, resolving fans issues.

Cashew Sins 13

Speaking of Bragging boss, SHIT HAPPENED On top of knowing why people want Cashew's and Dio Walnut's... nuts.

People and robots were both immortal, but humans had the advantage of being able to procreate. Cashew, Lena, and Dio. were test subjects on robots being able to procreate, but they were failures, this resulted in them becoming killing machines because of their capabilities.

Bragging Boss ordered Cashew to kill the Sun Named Moon(Luna) because having two suns is stupid.

Oh and Ohji made them

Cashew attempts to kill himself.

Tenumi

Banned
Cashew Sins 13

Speaking of Bragging boss, SHIT HAPPENED On top of knowing why people want Cashew's and Dio Walnut's... nuts.

People and robots were both immortal, but humans had the advantage of being able to procreate. Cashew, Lena, and Dio. were test subjects on robots being able to procreate, but they were failures, this resulted in them becoming killing machines because of their capabilities.

Bragging Boss ordered Cashew to kill the Sun Named Moon(Luna) because having two suns is stupid.

Oh and Ohji made them

Cashew attempts to kill himself.

Normally I'd post it as a joke, but this time I really mean it: Being Casshern is suffering.

cajunator

Banned
I haven't seen Kino's Journey, but I'm pretty sure I've known Kino's gender as long as I've been aware of the series' existence.

...I also have a Nendoroid Petit of her that came free with some DS game I bought and then never played.

also all of this talk about the series is making me want to check it out I hate you all WHY DO YOU MAKE ME WANT TO WATCH ANIMES

To a greater or lesser extent, yes. Senjougahara has always been one of the more unhinged among them, though.

Because you NEEEEEED to watch it!

Ok that'd be my 2nd choice, anything but the awful option 1.

Cool, cant wait on season 2 this fall.

You're hating on Faris. this is unacceptable!

Mr.Jeff

I'm sure without ears and a fluffy tail he'd be an average looking shota thing.

I've never watched Natsume so I'm actually not sure who you're talking about.

7ajiGV0.jpg
The picture probably errs on the side of male more than female but when it's voiced by throaty voiced Akiko Yajima you start asking questions. Also, the show features Miyukichi, why have you not watched it?!*

*Infinite backlog.

Not sure what Senbon Knock is tbh.
Full group name is Senbon Knock Zadankai. Very....messy. More know for doing Negima stuff though.

Gargantia - Episode 1-3

I don't know why but I always like shows about a foreigner coming to a new land they don't know about. The action in this anime is pretty good, and the animation is cool as well. I'm really glad that the sci-fi isn't hard to understand in this show as well, I usually get turned away from sci-fi shows that are too complicated to understand. The gist of this one is the space enemy, the earth's enemy, gargantia, and a space boy. I like this so far, I hope the action gets more intense in the future though.

Yeah. Do a google image search for Hanaharu Naruko. AND DO NOT DO IT AT WORK.

After watching some of the anime I can see the art style compared to his other work. Gargantia does look beautiful though, and the mechas look neat too.

Kuroko no Basket is bundling an original anime dvd with vol 25 of the manga. The original anime DVD will be based off the chapter called "Idiots Don't Win". The package comes out December 4th.

http://t.co/Pp5fWG3peO

Would have liked if they adapted one of the Replace stories instead.

High School of the Dead OVA Cover.This is the first draft
NSFW: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQDDKn6CEAEOrve.jpg

Best girl.

There is no debating this.

Theonik

Mobile Suit Gundam III
Tomino continues to be Tomino as expected, and a lot of the cut content continues to be jarring. Funniest part about this is the decision to cut all romance from the films to save time but saving the resulting angst without the explanation. (think: Meet character, character gets Tomino'd 5 minutes later, enter scene of love interest mourning him and having a breakdown) It's pretty bad though it was also hilarious. Some other character motivations were similarly cast aside, but I suppose it's the price to pay when editing 50 episodes into 15.

If I had to hear the word Newtype another time I may have contemplated suicide however which brings me to how ridiculous the handling of the concept of newtype was. Shit just made no sense and then suddenly everyone was a spacegod with telepathy.

I really preferred it over the second movie for various reasons.
For one I think this show is a lot better at doing space stuff than the second movie arc. There were also less jarring instances of bad editing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom