• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Sentai release for November:

Hiiro No Kakera Season 2 DVD/Bluray
Patlabor TV Collection 3 DVD/Bluray
Nakaimo Complete DVD/Bluray
Yumeria Complete DVD
Divergence EVE DVD
Hellhole: Inmate 611 DVD
Little Busters! Complete DVD/Bluray
High School of the Dead OVA DVD/Bluray
La Storia Della Arcana Famiglia Complete DVD/Bluray

cajunator

Banned
Bastion of good taste in obscure shows as always.

Sketchbook for one! You're a monster for leaving a Satou Jun show with KanaHana in it unwatched.

I don't know, the fox in Natsume Yuujinchou raises some very awkward questions.

Thanks I suppose. And yes I need to watch Sketchbook. Its so hard keeping track of all these shows >_

Option 3 it is!

You have good taste.

Yall get to vote? What the fuck?

image.php

Articalys

Full November solicitation list for Sentai Filmworks:
Title: HIIRO NO KAKERA SEASON 2 ON BLU-RAY & DVD
Published by: Sentai Filmworks
Distributed by: Section23 Films
Run Time: 325 min.
Street Date: 11/5/2013
Format: Blu-ray &DVD
Language: English & Japanese with English Subtitles
DVD SRP: $59.98
Blu-ray SRP: $69.98

Title: NAKAIMO COMPLETE ON BLU-RAY & DVD
Street Date: 11/12/2013
Format: Blu-ray &DVD
Special Features: Commentaries; Japanese Trailers; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Title: YUMERIA COMPLETE ON DVD
Run Time: 300 min.
Street Date: 11/12/2013
Format: DVD
SRP: $39.98

Title: DIVERGENCE EVE COMPLETE ON DVD
Run Time: 650 min.
Street Date: 11/19/2013
Format: DVD
SRP: $54.98
Special Features: Commentaries; Japanese Promo Spots; Divergense Eve Mini-Mangas; Production Sketches; Masaki Chronicles Mini-Manga; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Title: LITTLE BUSTERS! COMPLETE ON BLU-RAY & DVD
Street Date: 11/19/2013
Format: Blu-ray & DVD

Title: HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD OVA ON BLU-RAY & DVD
Run Time: 16 min.
Street Date: 11/26/2013
DVD SRP: $6.98
Blu-ray SRP: $9.98

Title: LA STORIA DELLA ARCANA FAMIGLIA COMPLETE ON BLU-RAY & DVD
Street Date: 11/26/2013
Special Features: Commentaries; Profiles; Sketches; Audition Footage; Music; Galleries
Anything that doesn't mentioned special features either has none or just the clean OP/ED.
All cover art is subject to change so there's no point in posting it until it's been finalized, but if you want to see them as they are now, you can find them all here.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Yumeria Complete DVD
Divergence EVE DVD

Just keep dancing around Humanity Has Declined, Sentai.

Yumeria Complete DVD
Divergence EVE DVD

Aside from Patlabor, thats a whole lot of crap.

cajunator

Banned
Gargantia - Episode 1-3

I don't know why but I always like shows about a foreigner coming to a new land they don't know about. The action in this anime is pretty good, and the animation is cool as well. I'm really glad that the sci-fi isn't hard to understand in this show as well, I usually get turned away from sci-fi shows that are too complicated to understand. The gist of this one is the space enemy, the earth's enemy, gargantia, and a space boy. I like this so far, I hope the action gets more intense in the future though.

After watching some of the anime I can see the art style compared to his other work. Gargantia does look beautiful though, and the mechas look neat too.

Yeah it came out to be a pretty great show. I think it was too short and rushed but it was beautiful and really fun experiencing that world.

This stuff will never get old. I REALLY want to watch it again too.
What an awesome movie.

Tenumi

Banned
The worst part about this is that the images themselves are also very spoilery, and with someone watching Yes! and Fresh right now, I can't post it ._.

I think I've partially given up on Suite spoilers, seeing as
I don't spoiler Ellen's name nor Cure Beat, and blatantly take screenshots that include her

Cwarrior

Yeah. Bleach has been shit since the end of Soul Society rescue arc. So a majority of its life...

Nah the Aizen trolling years where Legendary on manga gaf, reading the latest chapter being blown away by the caliber of trolling then rushing to read manga gaf reaction, so many laughs and parody comics posted.

BluWacky

Aside from Patlabor, thats a whole lot of crap.

But a lot of it is crap that will sell. Key show, shows that can sell on boobs alone, and fujoshi friendly stuff.

ADV/Sentai have never been particularly concerned with "good" shows, just lots of shows that they hope will sell well.

I'd be surprised if there's much audience left for something as minor as Yumeria, but then again, tits.

I think I've partially given up on Suite spoilers, seeing as
I don't spoiler Ellen's name nor Cure Beat, and blatantly take screenshots that include her

I didn't either, but that's because she's nothing compared to Cure Muse post reveal, who I actively avoid spoiling the name or what she actually looks like no matter what. It's why I avoided doing the group shot image in my New Stage 2 review.

Butt we've established you can't!

Unfortunately yes.

/XX/

Ryutaro Nakamura, director of Serial Experiments Lain and Kino's Journey, has died.
Poor man... 'Q.E.P.D.'

Poor 'modders'...

ooh, its the rare sakuga naruto eps! might have to watch.
And the directional (as in episode director, mind you) debut of Hiroyuki Yamashita, star animator of this series. Wanting him to 'spice things up' more habitually now.

Looking up the staff list, It seems that cut would be the work of Tsutomu Ohshiro.
I've seen a couple of guys mention it was by Ken'ichi Fujisawa.

I missed you and this always-present '.GIF' of yours!

Full November solicitation list for Sentai Filmworks:

Anything that doesn't mentioned special features either has none or just the clean OP/ED.
All cover art is subject to change so there's no point in posting it until it's been finalized, but if you want to see them as they are now, you can find them all here.

How is Little Busters "Complete" with only 13 of 26 episodes...

Ill get these hopefully, whenever ps4 release date and release games are finalized...(pricey month)

cajunator

Banned
Just keep dancing around Humanity Has Declined, Sentai.

You reminded me :(
Also binbougami Ga and Shin Sekai Yori. where are theyyyyyy?
*sobs

Ah, whatever. Here's a bunch of the preliminary Sentai covers:

Then we also have Yumeria and Divergence Eve, which may be a bit more risque (especially the latter) so I've linked them.

Thanks. I dont see anything particularly interesting that month so I get a rare reprieve from buying anything lol.
Excepting maybe NakaImo because I was curious about it. Is it good?
As for Yumeria, I have it already and its....a certain taste.

Gargantia - Episode 5

I wish pirate lady was in this episode, she was the best out of everyone :(

I hope I begin to see some action now, it's been way to fun and light-hearted for a long time.

Rozen Maiden 4

A lighter episode than the last two, but still good. The gag moments are handled fairly well. I'm glad that despite the reentrance of the dolls (well, one of them at least) and the encroaching fantasy elements that it's able to retain a sense of realism. I particularly liked the scenes of Shinku exploring the apartment and the encounter between Jun and Saito.

I feel like I say this all the time, but the music is just so good, and there's been so much of it! I have to get the soundtrack.

But a lot of it is crap that will sell. Key show, shows that can sell on boobs alone, and fujoshi friendly stuff.

ADV/Sentai have never been particularly concerned with "good" shows, just lots of shows that they hope will sell well.

I'd be surprised if there's much audience left for something as minor as Yumeria, but then again, tits.

I don't know if Sentai is concerned with things they think will sell well. Their mentality seems to be "We'll license anything and everything we can get our hands on."

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I kinda want to change my avatar again. :lol

I need to find something that sticks.

Everyone better be doing Ahegao August.

Syrinx

Cardcaptor Sakura 47

I'm a tad skeptical as to how this arc is going to go. I'm thinking it may have been for the best if they had just ended the show at the end of the previous arc. I'm willing to give this a chance, though. I'll probably still enjoy watching it, even if it isn't as good as the first two thirds of the show.

New transfer student, kinda a weirdo, nice to Sakura in class but seemingly after her powers, yeah, not the most exciting way to kick off your arc. Sakura can't seem to release her magic as well. I guess introducing things like that is one of the few ways to keep it interesting since Sakura has collected all the cards and is their master now. She's probably the most powerful being in the world should she choose to be.

Some fun things though. Shaoran seems to have a full-on crush on Sakura at this point and got super jelly when she was talking to that new transfer (also not a great thing though, since his crush on Yukito was adorable). Toya also has a new transfer in his class that's crazy for him and he's totally scared of her. She should be a source of amusement, even if at this point she seems unnecessary. And Tomoyo was so happy being able to film Sakura again.

New OP is good. Not quite "Catch You Catch Me" good, but better than "Open The Door". Also like the new ED.

Cashew Sins 14

More shit goes down as we arrive at the city where "Luna" is supposed to be
And asshole robots openly kill people for no reason

Cashew is still lamenting over what Bragging Boss told him, but was snapped out of it by TsunDried Tomato-chan

Cashew vs Walnut commences, and Bragging Boss is pissed off at Ladles for scooping up Walnuts for a bigger goal.

Cashew hooks up with TsunDried Tomato
and then we see Luna at the end.

VIOLENCE YAY

cnet128

Banned
Danganronpa 4

I swear with every episode I watch the pacing seems even worse. Okay, I guess I should give them some credit for actually showing most of the relevant parts of the investigation this time, even if they were cut down to, like, a few seconds each so that the impact of the murder itself was nonexistent and there was no time to actually think about any of the evidence. And as always, all the characterisation is completely lost, which ruins basically all of the cool and/or shocking moments because they rely on a certain amount of familiarity with and attachment to the characters.

I feel like I'm saying this every episode, but SERIOUSLY ANIME-ONLY WATCHERS, STOP DOING THIS TO YOURSELVES. YOU CAN STILL TURN BACK. YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME. STOP RUINING THIS SERIES FOR YOURSELVES THIS IS BASICALLY A CRIME DO YOU WANT TO BE A CRIMINAL.

On a random note, this episode had an ondo-style song by Monokuma instead of a normal OP. That was vaguely fun I guess. It was presented rhythm-game style, and actually managed to awaken my rhythm-game instincts inasmuch as I couldn't stop staring at the combo count and willing it not to reset.
It never did, which was actually kind of disappointing.

BluWacky

Hmm, he wasn't listed as a key animator in the episode on the site I looked at, but perhaps it's using different episode numbering.

The wiki you're using includes original Naruto episodes in its numbering, whereas DTL's episode numbering resets at the start of Shippuden.

The staff list for this episode (episode 542 including the original Naruto) is here, where Fujisawa is indeed credited.

Nah the Aizen trolling years where Legendary on manga gaf, reading the latest chapter being blown away by the caliber of trolling then rushing to read manga gaf reaction, so many laughs and parody comics posted.

Hah. Well when you put it that way I can see how someone could enjoy Bleach post Soul Society arc. Pretty much same reason as why I enjoyed SEED Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom