• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
No, it's obvious in the first episode when
the guy telling the story of the town basically proposes to her.

That doesnt mean a lot.

Maybe I should check this out.

Its not that kind of show. although Kino is a badass when required.

No. Making a wrong assumption about something and then finding out you were wrong is not a "spoiler." The show never makes Kino's gender a secret and her gender by itself is not plot relevant.

Well, that guy was previously in love with and married to a woman in an extremely traditional relationship, so...

The way the show is, a lot of things are intentionally ambiguous, including gender on occasion. There is an episode that specifically tries to fool the audience so obviously it IS a spoiler. but whatever.

how accurate would you say this is?

p31BmQR.jpg

Branduil

The way the show is, a lot of things are intentionally ambiguous, including gender on occasion. There is an episode that specifically tries to fool the audience so obviously it IS a spoiler. but whatever.

I don't remember any episode that tries to fool people about that. Just because Kino is wearing unisex clothing doesn't mean she's trying to trick people.

Episode 4 is more about the contrast between who Kino was and who she is now. The surprising part is her being a "moe" little girl in a pink dress, not being a girl by itself.

cajunator

Banned
how accurate would you say this is?

Anything with Saint Tail in it is fine by me!

I don't remember any episode that tries to fool people about that. Just because Kino is wearing unisex clothing doesn't mean she's trying to trick people.

Episode 4 is more about the contrast between who Kino was and who she is now. The surprising part is her being a "moe" little girl in a pink dress, not being a girl by itself.

No because they specifically introduce an older man named Kino at first and it misleads the audience to believe thats Kino later in life. Her gender was clearly designed to be ambiguous at first

cajunator

Banned
Lets just say that im back to the countryside because my beloved grand mother died.
Its not the big travel you expect.

I was watching the movie during travel time

Sorry to hear that. shitty reason to have to travel. My condolences. I hope the scenery was at least enjoyable along the way.

Branduil

Anything with Saint Tail in it is fine by me!

No because they specifically introduce an older man named Kino at first and it misleads the audience to believe thats Kino later in life. Her gender was clearly designed to be ambiguous at first

Why would you think that
Kino is older in a flashback?

cajunator

Banned
Why would you think that
Kino is older in a flashback?

the time it occurs isnt even specified. It could be a flashback or a look forward. Stop trying to act like it was so obvious that everyone would just get it right away. That episode exists for a reason. In any case Im not arguing this further because its silly.

Branduil

the time it occurs isnt even specified. It could be a flashback or a look forward. Stop trying to act like it was so obvious that everyone would just get it right away. That episode exists for a reason. In any case Im not arguing this further because its silly.

The episode starts with Kino
in a field of flowers with Hermes. Then it flashes back as Kino narrates "When I first met the man named Kino..."

I just don't see how you would get
flash-forward to Kino as an older man
from that.

cajunator

Banned
The episode starts with Kino
in a field of flowers with Hermes. Then it flashes back as Kino narrates "When I first met the man named Kino..."

I just don't see how you would get
flash-forward to Kino as an older man
from that.

its just misleading. Some people get mislead by it. Luckily youre a total genius and can just figure things out on a whim. I bow to your greatness. I could never match your wisdom.

Branduil

its just misleading. Some people get mislead by it. Luckily youre a total genius and can just figure things out on a whim. I bow to your greatness. I could never match your wisdom.

Please stop, I wasn't trying to insult you. You accused me of spoiling people first; I'm not going to be accused of something without defending myself.

cajunator

Banned
I wasn't trying to insult you, but to be fair, you accused me of spoiling people first. I'm not going to be accused of something without defending myself.

It IS a spoiler in a way because obviously some people are fooled by it. My roommate is quite intelligent and he was fooled as well the first time. He even specifically holds back Kinos gender when talking about the show because of it. I have the same problem, not thinking something is a spoiler when it really is and have gotten into trouble in the past because of it. If its in any way ambiguous, its probably a spoiler and you should avoid talking about it just in case.

Branduil

It IS a spoiler in a way because obviously some people are fooled by it. My roommate is quite intelligent and he was fooled as well the first time. He even specifically holds back Kinos gender when talking about the show because of it. I have the same problem, not thinking something is a spoiler when it really is and have gotten into trouble in the past because of it. If its in any way ambiguous, its probably a spoiler and you should avoid talking about it just in case.

I'm sorry but I can't consider correcting incorrect assumptions as being "spoilers." Especially since you can't control what other people assume.

SDBurton should watch Lain for
tragic
lesbian romance; Madoka before Madoka.

It's the perfect show for SDBurton
since they're not lesbians.

Branduil

I really wasn't trying to pick a fight or insult you, cajun. I just don't want to be accused of things that I didn't do.

Let's talk about something that's really important, like how not enough of you guys are watching Rozen Maiden.

So is this Gargantia anime supposed to be ecchi or something? I saw that they were making an OVA for it, so I thought I might give the show a look because it must have been good to deserve one. I go to google images and am greeted to swimsuit pics all over the place instead of mechas and beams, like I was expecting. I looked at it's genres and all it says is that it's mecha, action, and sci-fi.

So is this any good, and is this supposed to be hidden ecchi or something?

The Last of Us part 1 nutshelled editon

More gameplay than I expected, shocking!

Killing off the kid at the beginning did nothing for me, just felt like it was there for the sake of a kneejerk reaction. Guess that failed.

Doesn't feel like it raises the bar for shooters. Just shows how mediocre the genre has been since becoming super popular on consoles.

Ellie isn't pure. Boo.

So is this Gargantia anime supposed to be ecchi or something? I saw that they were making an OVA for it, so I thought I might give the show a look because it must have been good to deserve one. I go to google images and am greeted to swimsuit pics all over the place instead of mechas and beams, like I was expecting. I looked at it's genres and all it says is that it's mecha, action, and sci-fi.

There's some fanservice thrown around the show here and there, but it's mostly confined to the "beach" episode along with one other lewd ass scene. You should watch it, one of the better shows of this year.

Narag

I really wasn't trying to pick a fight or insult you, cajun. I just don't want to be accused of things that I didn't do.

Let's talk about something that's really important, like how not enough of you guys are watching Rozen Maiden.

Or how it's already 2013 and I still haven't watched Hyouka.

cajunator

Banned

Im not trying to fight but 1. someone else pointed it out first and in addition to me, and 2. its something that not everybody catches the first time. I agree to just drop this but Im extremely passionate about that series in particular.

Gargantia is very good and it is a bit ecchi because the character designer draws hentai.

OceanBlue

I haven't watched Rozen Maiden S2 though (and I didn't like S1). :<
Err, I think other people have said similar things and were told that it'd be fine. I guess between everyone's good words towards this season, I should put my apprehension aside.

Theonik

I will never understand how people can ship Sayaka x Kyoko.

Sayaka even died several times because of her straightness

(Madoka and Homura are best friends by the way)
Actual sexual orientation and doujin orientation don't necessarily align.
In other words. Shippers can use their own rules.

I haven't watched Rozen Maiden S2 though (and I didn't like S1). :<
Err, I think other people have said similar things and were told that it'd be fine. I guess between everyone's good words towards this season, I should put my apprehension aside.

I haven't watched or read anything in the franchise prior to the current TV series and am enjoying it greatly.

There's some fanservice thrown around the show here and there, but it's mostly confined to the "beach" episode along with one other lewd ass scene. You should watch it, one of the better shows of this year.

Alright I'll try it out then. I don't watch much mecha because I like to see the human body in action shows getting beaten up then a robot. Some dude made some best anime fights compilation on YT and I saw Star Diver on it, and it made me want to see some mechas fight. So hopefully this anime will bring me to like mecha anime's again, well if the fights are cool. I haven't seen Star Diver but that fight was so awesome to watch that it made me look for mecha shows and this popped up.

Gargantia is very good and it is a bit ecchi because the character designer draws hentai.

Wow, I didn't know that o_O. I find out something new everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom