• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Marii isn't the best Joshiraku girl (that goes to Gankyou; Kigu-chan and Marii are sorta tied for second), I'm happy to at least see some Joshiraku presence on there. More people need to watch it, seriously.

What is that poll from, anyway? I'm assuming Newtype or some similar magazine?

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 49

Did Onpu's charm break? I think it did. Either way she's out of magic spheres, but apparently Majo Ruka's stacked with them, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Course, it had to happen when she was using forbidden magic for a noble use. Not just helping somebody, but helping somebody competing against her for a role. She doesn't do that, she gets the role. She's actually acted pretty selflessly these past two episodes.

Ojamajo Doremi 49

Did Onpu's charm break? I think it did. Either way she's out of magic spheres, but apparently Majo Ruka's stacked with them, so that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Course, it had to happen when she was using forbidden magic for a noble use. Not just helping somebody, but helping somebody competing against her for a role. She doesn't do that, she gets the role. She's actually acted pretty selflessly these past two episodes.

It's almost broken.

Ever wondered what it would be like if someone playing a game for you was like an anime!? Well Here you go! Don't watch videos at work folks.

I'm pretty sure I've already heard the audio for this already. I was looking for ASMR videos in Japanese, and ended up finding several like this (albeit obviously without the Angry Birds gameplay). I distinctly remember getting creeped out by this one.

How much of a total loser does that make me?

Articalys

Even though Marii isn't the best Joshiraku girl (that goes to Gankyou; Kigu-chan and Marii are sorta tied for second), I'm happy to at least see some Joshiraku presence on there. More people need to watch it, seriously.

What is that poll from, anyway? I'm assuming Newtype or some similar magazine?
What contest is this? Most popular female character?
It's a few hundred people on 2ch deciding who was the best female anime character of the last year.

I'm pretty sure I've already heard the audio for this already. I was looking for ASMR videos in Japanese, and ended up finding several like this (albeit obviously without the Angry Birds gameplay). I distinctly remember getting creeped out by this one.

How much of a total loser does that make me?

I don't know what ASMR means.

I don't know what ASMR means.

You should Google it. It's kind of like getting chills down your spine, but not exactly. They're more like tingles, and they're in response to certain sounds. It's actually a pretty interesting phenomenon, especially since psychologists and neuroscientists currently have no idea what it actually is. Which, given the nature of it, is pretty understandable.

Kiniro Mosaic Ep 1-2

13773200976240dswm.gif

Drowning in slice of life. Can't.. stop..

so different from real hs, where girls are worrying about being pregnant after that crazy party last night.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 50

Oh boy, cat's out of the bag. Who taught these people how to handle kidnapping cases? Y'all don't handle this by just stopping at the place you hear they're being held and storm it, all without having called the police. Best part was Baaya grabbing her bitch-ruining scythe to save Hadzuki.

So either they all have to become frogs, or they have to erase their memories, which would destroy Onpu's charm and probably have hellish consequences for all of them. What to do, what to do?

Ojamajo Doremi 50

Oh boy, cat's out of the bag. Who taught these people how to handle kidnapping cases? Y'all don't handle this by just stopping at the place you hear they're being held and storm it, all without having called the police. Best part was Baaya grabbing her bitch-ruining scythe to save Hadzuki.

So either they all have to become frogs, or they have to erase their memories, which would destroy Onpu's charm and probably have hellish consequences for all of them. What to do, what to do?

Or they could all become witch apprentices
. =D

cnet128

Banned
Yes! Precure 5 - 29

Similar to how last episode was ostensibly a Karen focus episode but really about Komachi, this episode was ostensibly Urara's focus episode but really about super-adorable Nozomi doing super-adorable idol manager things. Hnnnnnnngh Nozomi why are you so wonderful.

Notable events of this episode: Nozomi did things competently.

Let's just take another look at that sentence, shall we?

Nozomi. Did things. Competently.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh what is this have I stumbled into some kind of mirror dimension

No but seriously Nozomi was in super ganbaru mode this episode. (And my autocorrect just tried to correct that to "super Ganbarance mode". I think it might be getting a little impatient. Just a few more episodes, autocorrect-san!) I have thus learned that perhaps the only thing more wonderful than Nozomi failing adorably is Nozomi succeeding adorably. just look at her all taking charge and being on top of things and being helpful to everyone HNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHH NOZOMI CAN I MARRY YOU NOW PLEASE

Also there was amusing antics with bee-boss-dude gatecrashing Urara's jidaigeki act so that everyone could have a very in-character confrontation and there was a samurai Kowaina and Urara went all Precure Lemonade Shining on its ass and this was all pretty entertaining but seriously you guys I am not capable of caring about any of this I am too busy hnnnnnnghhhhhhhing over Nozomi.

you have auto correct ON when broswing GAF ??

Man your autocorrect is sure to pick some "words" you know .... Well the unexpected..

But how the hell does your autocorrect know "Ganbarance" ??

How the heck did you manage to insert that word into her database ???

cnet128

Banned
you have auto correct ON when broswing GAF ??

Man your autocorrect is sure to pick some "words" you know .... Well the unexpected..

But how the hell does your autocorrect know "Ganbarance" ??

How the heck did you manage to insert that word into her database ???

I think it must just learn every word I ever type. It's the only explanation.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sunday without God - Episodes 4-6

I'm liking this show a lot. The group travelling to another city with a mystery kind of reminded me of Kino or Gosick.

Also Scar has a baby

Aba2z28.gif

cnet128

Banned
Sunday without God - Episodes 4-6

I'm liking this show a lot. The group travelling to another city with a mystery kind of reminded me of Kino or Gosick.

Also Scar has a baby

Aba2z28.gif

Yayay, gotta have more people watching this strange but compelling and remarkably atmospheric show.

isn't Ai just the cutest thing ever

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 51

Here's one of them actual moral dilemmas, because there are so many layers and so many people affected. If you choose to revive Onpu, you give up being a witch, will have to give up your fairies, and have to make Bunyu-chan stay a witch forever. All while you might not actually succeed. But if you choose to let her stay like that, she sleeps for 100 years, and her mother continues to blame herself for what's happened to her daughter. You're hurting people whether you do it or not. And though she mostly has only herself to blame for this (though Majo Ruka bears a ton of responsibility for this as well and I can't believe the Magic Kingdom isn't punishing her for giving that to an ojamajo, though maybe they figure being a frog forever is punishment enough), the straw that broke the camel's back was the one where she saved everyone after everybody discovered them. I really can't say what I'd do. This is a dilemma done well. Well, except for the part where it was obvious the whole time what they were going to do, but like Majo Rika said, that's just who they are.

I liked the scene where they were sitting contemplating what to do, and then they started talking about why they wanted to become witches in the first place, kind of bringing everything full circle. And then they decided that they don't really need magic to do the things they want to do.

Either way, # is next, so they'll all end up back as witches/witch apprentices anyway.

Edit: last post of the page, srsly?

Ojamajo Doremi 51

Here's one of them actual moral dilemmas, because there are so many layers and so many people affected. If you choose to revive Onpu, you give up being a witch, will have to give up your fairies, and have to make Bunyu-chan stay a witch forever. All while you might not actually succeed. But if you choose to let her stay like that, she sleeps for 100 years, and her mother continues to blame herself for what's happened to her daughter. You're hurting people whether you do it or not. And though she mostly has only herself to blame for this (though Majo Ruka bears a ton of responsibility for this as well and I can't believe the Magic Kingdom isn't punishing her for giving that to an ojamajo, though maybe they figure being a frog forever is punishment enough), the straw that broke the camel's back was the one where she saved everyone after everybody discovered them. I really can't say what I'd do. This is a dilemma done well. Well, except for the part where it was obvious the whole time what they were going to do, but like Majo Rika said, that's just who they are.

I liked the scene where they were sitting contemplating what to do, and then they started talking about why they wanted to become witches in the first place, kind of bringing everything full circle. And then they decided that they don't really need magic to do the things they want to do.

Either way, # is next, so they'll all end up back as witches/witch apprentices anyway.

I may be like 16 episodes into #, but I'd recommend a tissue box for the later seasons.

WELL, my mail got here at last, and I spent a good forty minutes opening the package, breaking down said package, setting up the figures, doing different poses as I take pictures of them. All this time on my hands.

Today's haul (with next week being Cure Blossom
Super Silhouette
)

How it stacks up to the others (including a figure that wasn't in the previous image) On top of body swapping.

Ojamajo Doremi 51

There's no problem with the last post of the page, everything was read.

I may be like 16 episodes into #, but I'd recommend a tissue box for the later seasons.

Hear the man...did you get yours already, Kirbyguy?

Syrinx

I may wait a bit to start #. Not sure how long, but probably at least a couple of weeks. I'll start it before I start my next Precure series though, though I'm not sure if I'm even going to watch another one.

I may wait a bit to start #. Not sure how long, but probably at least a couple of weeks. I'll start it before I start my next Precure series though, though I'm not sure if I'm even going to watch another one.

Well I guess it's a good idea to take a small break from it. Although I have no idea what Precure series you'll start up next.

Syrinx

Well I guess it's a good idea to take a small break from it. Although I have no idea what Precure series you'll start up next.

If I do, it'll probably be Fresh. People generally seem to like that one. But I dunno. Smile wasn't bad, but it kinda turned me off from the franchise for a while. Though maybe I'll watch a handful of episodes of Max Heart just to see how bad it really is.

Problem now is, what do I watch now?

If I do, it'll probably be Fresh. People generally seem to like that one. But I dunno. Smile wasn't bad, but it kinda turned me off from the franchise for a while. Though maybe I'll watch a handful of episodes of Max Heart just to see how bad it really is.

Problem now is, what do I watch now?

If Smile kinda turned you off, Max Heart will make you go insane.

So basically Fresh and/or Splash Star. And then you can do whatever from there.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have to say the cutest girl of the season goes to Natsuno Kirihime of Dog and Scissors.

What's it called when a girl is Sadodere? Sadistic and then turns cute. In this instance it isn't Tsundere or Yandere. Her change from sadistic to loving cute is unbelievable. it's something that has to be seen. Fabulous Max.

Also what the hell at none of the image sites having pictures of the show. I might have to make gifs at some point if you guys want undeniable proof.

Kazzy

WELL, my mail got here at last, and I spent a good forty minutes opening the package, breaking down said package, setting up the figures, doing different poses as I take pictures of them. All this time on my hands..

Ah, good to see that you finally got your stuff. It makes my grumbling about always getting UK custom tax on my anime, all seem relatively tame.

had an amazing run of backlog shows recently, was beginning to worry a couple of months ago that the well had run dry but faith restored there is still great anime to discover!

It's how I typically consume anime, too. Don't be a slave to the schedules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom