• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I do, it'll probably be Fresh. People generally seem to like that one. But I dunno. Smile wasn't bad, but it kinda turned me off from the franchise for a while. Though maybe I'll watch a handful of episodes of Max Heart just to see how bad it really is.

Problem now is, what do I watch now?

Are you taking suggestions? If so, then I put forward Jewelpet Kira Deco. It fits with the pattern of year-long little girl shows you've been watching while being considerably different from Doremi or Precure.

zeroshiki

If a show enters my backlog, there's a 90% chance I'm never watching it. Alot of it is probably because I'm a lazy bum but I don't like the feeling of having too many things needing to be done. It starts to feel like work.

Highschool dxd - 08

You can feel how better this arc is now that shit is slowing starting to get real , now that vali got his entrace.
Meanwhile Xenovia is still learning , issei is unleaching his talents and the battle for issei attention is fiercier than ever.

Great episode .
High%20School%20DxD%20New%20-%2008.jpg

Of course she can , it's levi-tan !

It's been 1 week since i saw that ED and it's still so great.

Now next week is gasper first appearance.. they better not mess his voice.

Kazzy

If a show enters my backlog, there's a 90% chance I'm never watching it. Alot of it is probably because I'm a lazy bum but I don't like the feeling of having too many things needing to be done. It starts to feel like work.

I guess it's all relative to how you treat a backlog. I've always got the distinct impression that most treat their own as some sort of albatross. Personally, I just treat it as a reminder of stuff that caught my interest, at one point or another. I don't particularly feel bad if I never get round to something, because it's just a matter of giving yourself those options.

Though, I've always considered the whole "my backlog" mentality a little crazy.

Syrinx

Are you taking suggestions? If so, then I put forward Jewelpet Kira Deco. It fits with the pattern of year-long little girl shows you've been watching while being considerably different from Doremi or Precure.

Yeah, I saw you and a few others posting impressions of the show. I may be taking a bit of a break from that kinda show in general though. Doing Smile and Doremi at the same time may not have been the smartest idea. But I'll probably check it out at some point.

Kamisama Hajimemashita OVA 01-02

CsXsKohl.jpg

This reminds me how enjoyable I found this show to be. Definitely shoujo but it was pretty enjoyable shoujo with all the little animation effects it uses and the gags here and there.

Wonder if they are making more of these since the last scene was basically a giant tease. Or it was basically READ THE MANGA.

Now that Ben's back, he's written a venom-laced post on Anime Mirai 2012 (he says 2011, but it's actually the 2012 shorts), in which he blasts the anime industry for their stubborn refusal to break conventions. Except for Shiranpuri, which he has nothing but praise for.

zeroshiki

You could call it "Secret Base Saturday". Haha.

Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Juu nen go no hachigatsu
Mata deaeru no wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...

I guess it's all relative to how you treat a backlog. I've always got the distinct impression that most treat their own as some sort of albatross. Personally, I just treat it as a reminder of stuff that caught my interest, at one point or another. I don't particularly feel bad if I never get round to something, because it's just a matter of giving yourself those options.

Though, I've always considered the whole "my backlog" mentality a little crazy.

I actually understand this instinctively. Hell, Hyouka entered my backlog because of reasons and I'm sure as hell glad I blasted through it finally when I got around to it. Its just that, staring at starting 24 episodes of something, even if you know its gonna be good, feels like an unnecessary burden.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I may wait a bit to start #. Not sure how long, but probably at least a couple of weeks. I'll start it before I start my next Precure series though, though I'm not sure if I'm even going to watch another one.
Just a bit of warning. The start of a new Doremi series may tend to make you feel like it's jumping the shark, but the show will continue to do what it does best and the feeling wears off as it makes things work.

Nafe

I actually understand this instinctively. Hell, Hyouka entered my backlog because of reasons and I'm sure as hell glad I blasted through it finally when I got around to it. Its just that, staring at starting 24 episodes of something, even if you know its gonna be good, feels like an unnecessary burden.

K-On was another KyoAni "backlog" show for you wasn't it?

Gintama - 8-13

Okay, now we're talkin'.

So far, Gintama has somehow managed to get better and better with each episode. There are still a bunch of characters who haven't been introduced yet, but the core cast is more or less there (although Katsura still doesn't have Elizabeth yet, but that's apparently happening in episode 15), and the series seems to have hit its stride.

Also, new (and better) ED next episode!

Kami-sama Hajimemashita OAV 01&02

Kami-sama%20Hajimemashita%20OVA%2001%20-%2002.jpg

Nanami is one of the cutest shaped god in the anime business.

Ah i missed this serie.

Nanami is still cute and her girly problems are nice.

The summary at the start was kinda nice.

and the ending still works

Code:
ah ah ah ah 

ah ah ah ah 

ah ah ah ah

Syrinx

One thing I don't understand about Ojamajo Doremi was why they bothered making Pop a witch apprentice in the first place. It really just became a running joke about her not being able to stay awake/wake up for her exams. Kind of a shame, since Pop is rad and more Pop is good. Hope they involve her more in #.

One thing I don't understand about Ojamajo Doremi was why they bothered making Pop a witch apprentice in the first place. It really just became a running joke about her not being able to stay awake/wake up for her exams. Kind of a shame, since Pop is rad and more Pop is good. Hope they involve her more in #.

Well she won't get thrown under a bus.
And they'll make up for it

And to you my friend I say...get to episode 40. Episodes about Doremi and Pop are awesome.

Sunday without god gets really good at episode 3 and hasn't really stopped being good since then.

Well i felt this was the case ... my gut feelign told me to let this one for later ..late part of ep 2 convinced me.

----------
Dog & scissors - 09

No woman in this show is sane...
heck nobody is sane.
I'd like to met a normal character for once.

Syrinx

To Loveru 19

They didn't hatch the dinosaur egg. Disappointing. As is the fact they didn't show the gigantic volcanic explosion they were about to cause.

Ojamama Doremi #17

Another exam for Hana to go through thanks to the power of crawling! And Atarimeko the other baby bro. Those exam proctors are horrible mothers though.

Articalys

WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE.

You can stop there if you are that set at waiting for the show to finish first.
That's what I did and am doing for now.

I think I read somewhere that the first volume (which ep.1-3 adapt) was written as a standalone volume originally, and when it proved popular it got expanded into the full series, but I could be wrong.

cajunator

Banned
Apparently Crunchyroll finally picked up Love Lab. Seems pretty late, but after seeing everyone enjoy it here, i've been wanting to try it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-25/crunchyroll-to-stream-schoolgirl-anime-love-lab

about bloody time!

wooow I didn't expect hardcore SAO and AW fans, with all the hate for SAO in this thread.

well I think is finally time to read SAO vol10.

Man's best friend

Im a fan of AW but SAO is loathed.

Kiniro Mosaic Ep 1-2

13773200976240dswm.gif

Drowning in slice of life. Can't.. stop..

Kinmoza will do that to you!

Dog & scissors - 08

Look at that pure maiden sharpenning her tools in the middle of her bath !

Now seriously this show doesn't make any sense

But it's still entertaining !

As long as it's entertaining in the end, not much else matters ;)

Apparently Crunchyroll finally picked up Love Lab. Seems pretty late, but after seeing everyone enjoy it here, i've been wanting to try it.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-25/crunchyroll-to-stream-schoolgirl-anime-love-lab

I will say it is quite enjoyable. Nice that they finally got around to picking it up.

WATCH THE NEXT EPISODE.

You can stop there if you are that set at waiting for the show to finish first.

Don't worry i haven't dropped it ..i was satisfied by the premise and what i saw .

----------------------

From the new world - 03

Our 5 friends go on a trip , explore too much and then find something they shouldn't have

Man this show visual effects are stunning ... and the writting is still highly intresting ...

Ps: using force in neogociation is not a bad card to play.

Gintama - 8-13

Okay, now we're talkin'.

So far, Gintama has somehow managed to get better and better with each episode. There are still a bunch of characters who haven't been introduced yet, but the core cast is more or less there (although Katsura still doesn't have Elizabeth yet, but that's apparently happening in episode 15), and the series seems to have hit its stride.

Also, new (and better) ED next episode!

The OP/EDs get insanely better later on.

Branduil

Shin sekai yori - 01

So i've restarted this anime , because last time i didn't go past episode 1 , so this was more to get everything back in a corner of my mind for the next episodes.

So unless i'm mistaken , humanity changed because human got to use the cursed power , 1000 years later a group of childhood friends are dealing with their issues at school that's it ?

Ok i can watch the rest now... from all the praise i heard about last year this better NOT disapoint.

Ps: i liked the Ed

You make it sound like they're dealing with ordinary school issues.

The Part of the Arc Where God Starts Losing Interest In Now 08

Eh, a straight adaptation at this point. Not doing terrible with the material but not doing anything super amazing with it either.

Besides giving us yet another Kanon song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom