• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Madoka Magica The Rebellion Story OP/ED are "Colorful" by ClariS and "Kimi no Gin no Niwa" by Kalafina -- the expected combination. Don't care so much about the former but Hikari Furu was great so looking forward to the latter... when I have a chance to watch the movie on Blu-ray next summer, since I'm sure as hell not going to a theater with a bunch of American Madoka fans again.

Ojamajo Doremi #19

ad1EZFI.jpg

Because apparently fighting with your fairy isn't enough, why not fight with Hazuki too! I mean she was upset at the fact that you had Hana on a leash, although she did cage her in a crib like she was an animal.

Of course we know how things play out if two friends want to apologize immediately. Something happens to prolong the effect.

Apparently, they actually fought back in Kindergarten too!
Remember the bunny from episode 18 of season one, where he died and it scarred a kid? Yeah well apparently both of them were involved with that too! Doremi even lied to Hazuki to make sure she wouldn't be sad about it. Gad damn.
These continuing story lines man. It's interesting how it feels fine with Ojamajo Doremi without it feeling like an awful retread. I wish Max Heart managed to do this well.

Syrinx

Gurren Lagann 8

Yo did that just happen?

Kamina's dead now? Shit. I guess when you go at life full throttle, you shouldn't be surprised if you crash. Least he went out the way he lived. Still though, what the hell is this show gonna be without Kamina? I like Simon, but can he carry a show like this? Guess he should start believing in the himself that believes in him.

Gurren Lagann 8

Yo did that just happen?

Kamina's dead now? Shit. I guess when you go at life full throttle, you shouldn't be surprised if you crash. Least he went out the way he lived. Still though, what the hell is this show gonna be without Kamina? I like Simon, but can he carry a show like this? Guess he should start believing in the himself that believes in him.

You should probably watch to episode 11 right now.

Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun 21

This show always manages to turn a boring plot into something touching. Man, didn't expect that twist in the end and the show really delivered on the feels.

I mean, it still felt like a filler in whatever slow crawl we have to the forgotten plot but still a good episode. Though I guess there are some loose ends that will get tied in the next episode.

zeroshiki

I'm not sure if this has been posted here but there's been a big brouhaha over on 2ch the past few days because a list of personal information of paid 2ch users has leaked. This list included names, addresses, credit card information and more importantly logs of posts attributed to these people.

Of course, the inevitable happened and people started hunting for famous people and whether they posted on 2ch and what they posted. Apparently the light novel author Hikaru Sugii, the author of Kami-sama no Memochou, among other works was found out to be a 2ch troll. Everybody of course piled on when presented this info and he was forced to make a public apology on his blog :lolololol

Remember kids, don't troll. It'll come back to you someday.

Shergal

I'm not sure if this has been posted here but there's been a big brouhaha over on 2ch the past few days because a list of personal information of paid 2ch users has leaked. This list included names, addresses, credit card information and more importantly logs of posts attributed to these people.

Of course, the inevitable happened and people started hunting for famous people and whether they posted on 2ch and what they posted. Apparently the light novel author Hikaru Sugii, the author of Kami-sama no Memochou, among other works was found out to be a 2ch troll. Everybody of course piled on when presented this info and he was forced to make a public apology on his blog :lolololol

Public apology for anonymously trolling an imageboard? Can I say "Japan" yet?

Gurren Lagann 8

Yo did that just happen?

I gotta be honest,
I thought Kamina would die at some point in the show. The real shocker was how early it came. I was thinking he would die in some grand sacrifice in the final battle or something. NOPE. Best damn anime character I've ever seen dies in the eighth episode.
. Thankfully, the show gets a lot better after that point.

wonzo

Banned

If only he spent less time trolling and more time trying to actually write something decent for once.

Ojamajo Doremi #20

dPEUlmS.jpg

Aiko finally understands Doremi's steak boner

This is one of those troll previews, because it unexpectedly led me into an AIKO episode, which... thankfully wasn't a tear jerker for me, but it did have quite the information... which... when I was thinking about episode possibilities for this series, it just happened to hit soon afterwards.

Anyway, there was more nudity here than we needed. But Aiko finally gets to see her mother face to face, because she apparently found out from an old woman that Aiko helped last year.

Anyway, the juicy details.
The reason why she's working where she is and didn't quit was because Aiko's grandmother died while she wasn't there for her. On top of that, the real reason why Aiko's parents faught was because SHE HAD A MISCARRIAGE! I LITERALLY THOUGHT ABOUT THIS POSSIBILITY FOR AN EPISODE, AND DOREMI DELIVERED ON THAT! The scenery here was all red and black too. Just dreadful
Well that was heavy.

Oh my god. Yamato 2199. I almost missed this show. Praying every night for an affordable bluray release. This is one of the first shows where I feel the CG is worthy of being called art just as much as the 2D animation.

Syrinx

I gotta be honest,
I thought Kamina would die at some point in the show. The real shocker was how early it came. I was thinking he would die in some grand sacrifice in the final battle or something. NOPE. Best damn anime character I've ever seen dies in the eighth episode.
. Thankfully, the show gets a lot better after that point.

I didn't necessarily think he was gonna die, I more kinda thought that he was gonna have some moment where his spirited yet pretty damn naive outlook on life was gonna be thrown for a loop. But I should have figured out that wasn't going to happen after that episode with his dead dad and all, and then that episode with the underground village. Then I saw him awaken from the blow that ultimately killed him still being Kamina, and then I pretty much decided that he was gonna be Kamina to the end. The end that turned out to be minutes away.

zeroshiki

Public apology for anonymously trolling an imageboard? Can I say "Japan" yet?

Well, I didn't bother to look for the stuff he posted but maybe he was directly trolling the competition? Or engaging in stupid stealth marketing? There are lotsa stupid shit people engage in if they think they have complete anonymity.

Shergal

Well, I didn't bother to look for the stuff he posted but maybe he was directly trolling the competition? Or engaging in stupid stealth marketing? There are lotsa stupid shit people engage in if they think they have complete anonymity.

Yeah, it'd be quite embarrassing to be caught doing something like that. I guess the mental image of the guy going "sorry I called your favourite show shit" on his blog just amuses me lol.

zeroshiki

Yeah, it'd be quite embarrassing to be caught doing something like that. I guess the mental image of the guy going "sorry I called your favourite show shit" on his blog just amuses me lol.

Yaraon apparently has a summary and to amuse myself, I decided to post this here:

People Sugii insulted:
・Tsugumu Hashimoto (Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora) - Schizo, Retard, Hypocrite, Mentally Ill, Narcissist
・Ichiro Sakaki (Polyphonica) - Unpopular but masks it with speed
・Ryusei Shido - Shit Factory
・Akira (Sasamekikoto, Sasaki-san@Ganbaranai) - Shit Factory

Companies Sugii Insulted
・Kodansha - Shitty website, shit lineup

People Sugii complimented:
・Hikaru Sugii - Awesome

Theonik

Ever wondered what it would be like if someone playing a game for you was like an anime!? Well Here you go! Don't watch videos at work folks.
Be sure to watch with headphones on. Makes the experience much better. Is the audio source from one of those Yandere Drama CDs? Those are also great if anyone is curious.

Why can't you guys get to episode 40 of # already?* ;(
Will watch more tonight! Should be there soon enough.

Good.

Also what's your deal with buses?
They remind him of the senpai that broke his heart.

Ojamama Doremi #17

Another exam for Hana to go through thanks to the power of crawling! And Atarimeko the other baby bro. Those exam proctors are horrible mothers though.
To be fair, if you look at Majo R[iu]ka witches in general aren't the best parental figures in the world.

Appears that Crunchyroll has added Jubei-chan along with Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden: Träumend. Along with Love Lab that was mentioned earlier, there appears to be another series to be added.
And of course they do this after I have no actual need for these shows to be added...
Typical. Oh well they did send me a free 1 month sub anyway just gotta cancel now.

Jintor

I didn't necessarily think he was gonna die, I more kinda thought that he was gonna have some moment where his spirited yet pretty damn naive outlook on life was gonna be thrown for a loop. But I should have figured out that wasn't going to happen after that episode with his dead dad and all, and then that episode with the underground village. Then I saw him awaken from the blow that ultimately killed him still being Kamina, and then I pretty much decided that he was gonna be Kamina to the end. The end that turned out to be minutes away.

's good stuff.

Not that he died, I mean, but that they went there and the series continues and it still doesn't lose any of its... Kamina-ness.

Anyway, TTGL is a hell of a ride.

Dresden

Yaraon apparently has a summary and to amuse myself, I decided to post this here:

People Sugii insulted:
・Tsugumu Hashimoto (Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora) - Schizo, Retard, Hypocrite, Mentally Ill, Narcissist

Companies Sugii Insulted

・Hikaru Sugii - Awesome

haha

wonzo

Banned

People Sugii insulted:

Companies Sugii Insulted

・Hikaru Sugii - Awesome
lmao @ the last point

Shergal

People Sugii insulted:

Companies Sugii Insulted

・Hikaru Sugii - Awesome

Welp. At least I laughed, hahaha.

People Sugii insulted:

Companies Sugii Insulted

・Hikaru Sugii - Awesome

Yeah, that's not going to win him friends in the industry.

jediyoshi

Kiniro Mosaic Ep 3-8
Still super straight forward, still loving it. Karen pushing towards my top 5 favorite characters this year.

Doubt anything's gonna top based Choi
141458763eksto.gif

iavi

I seriously think the Ao no Exorcist film may have the best art I've in anything anime ever.

That first pan of the city when rin is running down the stairs is like holy fuc.

CorvoSol

Turn A Gundam 28

So like I said last time, it never ceases to amaze me that in a metaseries about giant robots capable of leveling entire armies of other giant robots, nuclear weapons are still treated as such a huge threat. That isn't to say that they aren't written to be credible threats (well, at least in SEED they were, like all things in Stardust Memory they were stupid, but that's because Stardust Memory is just bad), just that it seems odd. Anyway, this episode, like the last, is spent discussing how and why Nukes are Bad and seeing some people go above and beyond to try and prevent their use.

And it also had some really, really stupid things be done. I mean, I'll allow that Sochie and Miasshei opened the Kapool's cockpit and got themselves irradiated, because the Earthrace has become very primitive, being Civil War era at its most advance and way more tribalistic outside of that, but Lt. Poe is just a goddamn, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, enlarged forehead, needs two brains to fully function moron in this episode.

Let's ignore for a minute that she SAW the nuclear flash and KNOWS those bombs have an enormous radius. Let's ignore that the people holding them are soldiers in her own military and one outranks her, and that they are TELLING her to stop, and think for just a minute. Let's focus on only the most horrifically, painfully obvious: she's been ordered to get bombs, and the bombs are running away.

SO SHE FUCKING SHOOTS AT THEM. BOMBS. WHICH EXPLODE. WHEN IGNITED. BY THINGS LIKE A BEAM PISTOL. And then, and then! and then, even after being told "Hey you fucking moron if you hit that man or make him drop those bombs we're all dead stop firing that goddamn gun of yours you're going to get us all killed!" What does she do? Fires at Sochie and Loran as they're charging her, AND THE NUKES ARE JUST BARELY BEHIND THEM.

I mean, seriously, at this point if I was Guin Rhineford or Dianna Soreil I would not fear this pathetic little rebellion at all, because honestly it's a miracle Lt. Poe can sit upright without stabbing herself in the throat with a shoelace, let alone be expected to wage a competent war. This is Katz level of stupid.

Defuser

People Sugii insulted:

Companies Sugii Insulted

・Hikaru Sugii - Awesome
Oh wow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jl0eYx2l.jpg

I am still baffled at how "bitch" became "slut" in Japan.
(I suppose you could also have a debate about how it should be subbed here. All according to keikau).

Also, yet another
Kugiloli
in this episode. They didn't even try. lol

CorvoSol

Dai-Guard 19

So let's see, one guy makes a mistake and targets another country's plane instead of a Heterodyne, and that triggers a glorious international snafu that leaves Japan's defense forces crippled, in the face of an oncoming actual Heterodyne. Meanwhile, Dai-Guard gets roped into being at a snow festival with some jilted ex of Aoyama's, who hates the Dai-Guard to pieces. Also the quiet, nerdy girl from the office has been staring a TON in this episode. If School Days has taught me anything, it means she's trying to protect the bitchy snow queen from Aoyama's playboy ways (except that Aoyama isn't much of a playboy at all in reality.)

And then Akagi gets drunk on a man-date and the other dude lifts his keys to the Dai-Guard. Meanwhile Saeki is still on the team and nobody knows why, let alone is really willing to give him a second chance the way they did Shirota. Of course, Shirota being a lot more humble about having stabbed them in the back and having actually done some things to earn their trust in between might explain that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom