• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

trejo

What is this show about? Maybe I'll start it after Time of EVE. Glass Fleet will pick up again after Casshern 'cuz I want to get Branduil and Wonzo off my back about this show.

Yami is kind of a hard show to describe but trust me when I say it's List material for a reason. Also, it's the one show that was too yuri for SDBurton. Just, dwell on that for a moment.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
My experience is that the people who have to resort to claiming other people have poor taste are usually the ones most insecure about the value of their own judgement. :)
A side effect of consistently having those judgements dismissed based on my identity? :^)

cajunator

Banned
Now solicited from Media Blasters, though not up for preorder anywhere yet:

Yamibo - Darkness, the Hat, and the Travelers of the Books

DVD
MSRP: $29.98
Japanese w/ English Sub (Stereo)
Street Date: 10/22/13

edit: they announced the license back in May, so that's been known for a while, just the release date and format are new

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Stuck in licensing hell because Araki names everything after American/English bands.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

jman2050

Alternatively: there is no hyperbole and you (like most people) have poor taste and low standards. When faced with the reality of how terrible the garbage you eat up is your only defensive mechanism is to paint me as someone who simply dislikes almost everything.

Isn't claiming low standards of everyone else a tacit admission that you dislike almost everything? Therefore hosanna is actually correct?

Jarmel

Banned
Alternatively: there is no hyperbole and you (like most people) have poor taste and low standards. When faced with the reality of how terrible the garbage you eat up is your only defensive mechanism is to paint me as someone who simply dislikes almost everything.

Alright, this is elitist as fuck.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I have. It's one of my favorite shows, actually. I still listen to the soundtrack now and again because I love the base theme they used(with the accordion leading into a sort of tango).

Nice! I'll look through my list and see if I can find something. :)

cajunator

Banned
Wait, are you telling me Corvosol has yet to experience the journey that is Yamihat?

Yo Corvo forget about Glass Fleet and get on this shit ASAP!

YESYESYESYESYES. This show might be painful and burn you, but its so utterly ridiculous and enjoyable in a way that it very well might just make you laugh manically and love it.
I gave it a 10/10 as solid pure entertainment. My goddamned name is QUILE!

mondaiji ova

so fanservice fanservice at rapid fire pace.

i'm hungry~

Seems a bit too packed though... wonder if they will do a second season? How were sales?

Thats yogurt right? Like that was ice cream in Toloveru?
Us dirty minded otaku eh?

I seem to remember that quite a few in this thread grumbled about the ending. Most of that seemed to center around the fact that
Chitanda and Oreki didn't kiss.

Boggles my mind!

Dunno but there should be more of the character in your avatar. so much more. A total missed opportunity.

cajunator

Banned
Oh man sorry for not getting to this sooner. Have you seen Simoun?

Oh shit. I second Simoun! Perfect mix of slightly brainless but entertaining, slightly terrible, yuri filled, interesting world, bad cg, and happy squee fun time. You could do worse!

Wait, do you mean Speed Grapher or Time of EVE? Because I grabbed Speed Grapher on like, the whimsiest of whims, so I was just like "meh whatevs," but Time of EVE is one I keep hearing good things about.

And I dunno, I thought Maou-Sama was fun. Not AOTY or anything, but it wasn't bad.

I'm tryin' to branch out still from mecha only, and the idea of a magic camera sounded interesting on paper. It just turned out to be a bad show. Time of EVE will probably be better.

Is that another Magical Girl show? I don't watch those.

What is this show about? Maybe I'll start it after Time of EVE. Glass Fleet will pick up again after Casshern 'cuz I want to get Branduil and Wonzo off my back about this show.

Stick with Time of Eve, Corvy Kun.

So I won/bought something that Corvo and Ryouga will really like. Cost me a fucking fortune but I got it.

Im intrigued! Watashi kininarimasu!

Nope.

Look at the hat, dude. Don't you want to watch the show with the crazy hat?

(For the record, yes, you viewing this show would be purely for our amusement. Mine anyway.)

DAT HAT. DAT LILITH. ELEPHANT OATMEAL.

I'm tryin' to branch out still from mecha only, and the idea of a magic camera sounded interesting on paper. It just turned out to be a bad show. Time of EVE will probably be better.

Time of EVE is another one I have to add to my backlog. I'll be honest the only shows I could recommend at this point would be either Black Jack or Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail if you like the fantasy-adventure genre, Black Jack if you're into medical-dramas.

CorvoSol

Dimb hates just about everything; don't mind him.

Well, I mean, it's possible we just have different tastes and interests. We can both agree that Speed Grapher doesn't seem appealing, though. Common ground.

mgronalds wishes it could be as entertaining as glass fleet is

Fine. I will resume watching Glass Fleet as soon as I finish Casshern Sins. I'm Sorry I put it on hiatus.

So I won/bought something that Corvo and Ryouga will really like. Cost me a fucking fortune but I got it.

WHAT WHAT WHAT. This better be like a fucking solid gold Arbalest or something.

Nope.

Look at the hat, dude. Don't you want to watch the show with the crazy hat?

(For the record, yes, you viewing this show would be purely for our amusement. Mine anyway.)

Well, I mean, the hats were nice in Glass Fleet, but I kinda put that on the side and all.

Yami is fairly inscrutable, as among the many innovative ways it finds to be bad is a disconnected and incoherent plot.

So this is another "See how he reacts to it" show?

Yami is kind of a hard show to describe but trust me when I say it's List material for a reason. Also, it's the one show that was too yuri for SDBurton. Just, dwell on that for a moment.

Oh damn. Too yuri for SDBurton? Gimme a show that's too yaoi for DTL, too, and I'll watch 'em both at once.

From what I understand the list to be, Yami is pretty much everything that embodies it

My interest is piqued.

Time of EVE is another one I have to add to my backlog. I'll be honest the only shows I could recommend at this point would be either Black Jack or Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail if you like the fantasy-adventure genre, Black Jack if you're into medical-dramas.

I've never watched a medical anime, but I might give Fairy Tail a shot. I liked Fantasy anime a lot as a kid.

cajunator

Banned
It's not necessarily manlust, it's more of a muscle lust. Yes, she does it everytime she sees a well toned muscle part.

This sounds pretty entertaining. might check it out just for that!

Anything that isn't the complete opposite of feel-good, or requires I fire off too many neurodes to contemplate, works.

I have. It's one of my favorite shows, actually. I still listen to the soundtrack now and again because I love the base theme they used(with the accordion leading into a sort of tango).

Hmmm...something fun and relatively brainless....BODACIOUS SPACE PIRATES :D
Lovely lovely pirates!

man i have all these cool avatars i'm thinking of using, but wonzo thinks they will get me banned.

ibcnM5pkgWt9ts.gif

If Im honest, you should probably listen, given that this sort of thing has gotten you banned before. You're groovy and I want you to stick around!

Now I know that I'm slacking on CCS now that Syrinx is only 10 episodes behind me.

UWEHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Zachry kun you gotta watch more CCS! HANYAAAAAA!
YOCSHmC.jpg

You are so adorable when you are like this.
I want to squish you up into a little hateball and hug you!

cajunator

Banned
Easier said than done, I've got work in the morning!

Sleep is for the...completely exhausted/narcoleptics
of which Im both

Its the most List material show that exists. Besides maybe Code Geass. It is singularly special. It makes no fucking sense yet it makes perfect sense. Its so stupid and so brilliant. WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH HER HAT?

Serial Experiments Lain 1-END
My mind is full of so much fuck.

Excellent. You watched it correctly.

Yami Hat, Something or Another 1

So we debut with Hazuki dealing with her yuri tendencies for this other girl, and even shows a flash back where her waifu kissed another male. Apparently she's the representation of SDBurton, she's not happy about that defiled garden.

She still attempts to kiss her but lol no, SUDDENLY SHES THE ONE, and some fucking chicklet thing appears. So now we have the traveling aspect and wait what..

Wait hold the phone, I saw the boarding the train part, but suddenly there's soldiers and shit, and a weird girl with DAT HAT! What the hell is this? Snowy shit

I'm watching this, and yet.... I feel like I didn't really pay attention at what was happening, so like are we having another plot happening while Hazuki is looking for her partner to be?

And rape tendencies. Maybe this will make more sense as I watch more of this show. Maybe.

I've never watched a medical anime, but I might give Fairy Tail a shot. I liked Fantasy anime a lot as a kid.

You really should. It's one of those anime's where something is always happening, and when something isn't happening, something hilarious is happening. It has really good pacing, and not to mention an amazing OST.

Please don't watch Fairy Tail.

This man speaks the truth.

Its boring as fuck, has shitty action and there is no tension whatsoever. The good guy wins just because and it happens all the time.

Okay, first of all, you people are only going to convince him to watch it the more terrible you say it is, and second; I'd have to disagree IMO.

While the action scenes are certainly no Madoka Magica, with fun characters and an amazing OST, it hardly a distracting point. There's nothing in Fairy Tail that makes it horrendously awful. It's a mixed opinion thing sure, but there are shows that are bad (See: SAO, E7 AO) and there are shows where people have different opinions (See: DBZ, One Piece). With that being said, I personally think that it's a good fun show for people who like fantasy adventure anime.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Here's a short list:

Love Live
Yuru Yuri
Chuunibyou (Nibu x Deko goodness)
A-Channel
Yuyushiki
Mouretsu Pirates
Mitsudomoe
Maria Holic
Queen's Blade Series
Koihime†Musou
Kanamemo
Girls und Panzer (pretty sure you already saw this one, but just in case)

cajunator

Banned
So this is another "See how he reacts to it" show?

Oh damn. Too yuri for SDBurton? Gimme a show that's too yaoi for DTL, too, and I'll watch 'em both at once.

My interest is piqued.

YES IT IS YES IT IS YESSSSS ITTTTT ISSSSS!!!!!!

*bounces

Its the best of the best of nonsensical extremely entertaining what the fuck did I just watch clusterfuckfests with giant monster hats, rockets, train heists, fabulous men, yuri love, and giant tigers. All of the above is relevant.

Yamibo sounds insanely dumb, but is the journey worthwhile? I think wonzo's post may have answered my question. lol

Hell yes it is. Its genius. Syrinx rated it elephant oatmeal out of ten for a reason.

Okay, first of all, you people are only going to convince him to watch it the more terrible you say it is, and second; I'd have to disagree IMO.

While the action scenes are certainly no Madoka Magica, with fun characters and an amazing OST, it hardly a distracting point. There's nothing in Fairy Tail that makes it horrendously awful. It's a mixed opinion thing sure, but there are shows that are bad (See: SAO, E7 AO) and there are shows where people have different opinions (See: DBZ, One Piece). With that being said, I personally think that it's a good fun show for people who like fantasy adventure anime.

1. That is the sad truth, because we've been exposed numerous time that bad commentary means jack shit because we secretly hate ourselfs.

2. I wouldn't even bring up Madoka, I bring up shonens in general. It's shonen to a fault, and feels like the epitome of modern shounen faults to the point that there's no tension considering the general formula for each entire arc is effectively the same, and gets worse somehow. It pretty much exposes the faults of its formula around the Oracion Seis arc and it just keeps going down from there.
Nevermind those numerous Makarov moments that... ech.

zeroshiki

I'm sure this series of posts has now convinced some poor sap lurking out there to watch this boring show. To you, my friend, I give my condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom