• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

It's Definitely My Fault That I'm Not Popular 1

itXF6sQTb2Jk1.jpg

I cannot take this.

cajunator

Banned
Yami Hat, Something or Another 1

So we debut with Hazuki dealing with her yuri tendencies for this other girl, and even shows a flash back where her waifu kissed another male. Apparently she's the representation of SDBurton, she's not happy about that defiled garden.

She still attempts to kiss her but lol no, SUDDENLY SHES THE ONE, and some fucking chicklet thing appears. So now we have the traveling aspect and wait what..

Wait hold the phone, I saw the boarding the train part, but suddenly there's soldiers and shit, and a weird girl with DAT HAT! What the hell is this? Snowy shit

I'm watching this, and yet.... I feel like I didn't really pay attention at what was happening, so like are we having another plot happening while Hazuki is looking for her partner to be?

And rape tendencies. Maybe this will make more sense as I watch more of this show. Maybe.

If it doesnt make any fucking sense you are doing it right!!!

Here's a short list:

Love Live
Yuru Yuri
Chuunibyou (Nibu x Deko goodness)
A-Channel
Yuyushiki
Mouretsu Pirates
Mitsudomoe
Maria Holic
Queen's Blade Series
Koihime†Musou
Kanamemo
Girls und Panzer (pretty sure you already saw this one, but just in case)

See even SDBurton agrees. Bodacious Space Pirates is the cure for that itch.

Oooooh, so this is the Quille show.

^____________________________________^ !

Falstaff

Banned
taste is a really dumb concept invented by frilly dandies roughly in the 17-20th centuries who rejected the rationality and militant atheism of the french revolution imo

Here's a short list:

Love Live
Yuru Yuri
Chuunibyou (Nibu x Deko goodness)
A-Channel
Yuyushiki
Mouretsu Pirates
Mitsudomoe
Maria Holic
Queen's Blade Series
Koihime†Musou
Kanamemo
Girls und Panzer (pretty sure you already saw this one, but just in case)

Strike Witches needs to be somewhere in this short list.

Syrinx

Yami Hat, Something or Another 1

So we debut with Hazuki dealing with her yuri tendencies for this other girl, and even shows a flash back where her waifu kissed another male. Apparently she's the representation of SDBurton, she's not happy about that defiled garden.

She still attempts to kiss her but lol no, SUDDENLY SHES THE ONE, and some fucking chicklet thing appears. So now we have the traveling aspect and wait what..

Wait hold the phone, I saw the boarding the train part, but suddenly there's soldiers and shit, and a weird girl with DAT HAT! What the hell is this? Snowy shit

I'm watching this, and yet.... I feel like I didn't really pay attention at what was happening, so like are we having another plot happening while Hazuki is looking for her partner to be?

And rape tendencies. Maybe this will make more sense as I watch more of this show. Maybe.
Yami is like opening the box to a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle, only to realize that the box only has 200 pieces along with some legos, some spray paint, and a live squirrel inside of it.

(Note: metaphors are not my strong suit)

Branduil

Reminds me of a certain animesuki post.

This?

What other people seem to condemn as illogical or stupid in this show, I accept and enjoy as part of the show’s style.

Not everything has to be constructed like 19th-century naturalistic fiction. We post-20th century readers/viewers can accept stories that sketch characters rather than drawing them in detail, and that jump quickly from event to event, rather than hand-holding us through everything.

Conveying the feelings of the characters is what counts, and this show is doing it, for me.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I've never understood the praise for Fairy Tail's OST. It's derivative fantasy Celtic buttrock Hackanashi synth crap with a lame reliance on public domain music like Offenbach's Can Can, Habanera, and Pomp and Circumstance. Virtually every other long battle shounen out there has better music.

cajunator

Banned
2. I wouldn't even bring up Madoka, I bring up shonens in general. It's shonen to a fault, and feels like the epitome of modern shounen faults to the point that there's no tension considering the general formula for each entire arc is effectively the same, and gets worse somehow. It pretty much exposes the faults of its formula around the Oracion Seis arc and it just keeps going down from there.
Nevermind those numerous Makarov moments that... ech.

I'll be honest, that's not the first time I've heard that negative point about the anime. Reading the manga, it's easy to see those flaws, but in the anime, with voice-acting, music, and animation, it's really hard to let them get to you.

While I agree that there isn't much tension, there is a good sense of wonder in the show. The vast amount of different magic types, the new characters that show up, the different situations the characters are put in...

The general formula may be the same, but it is one hell of a pretty formula. You could call Fairy Tail a guilty pleasure of mine, but I think that it's something anyone who likes the fantasy adventure genre should give a try. There's certainly nothing horrendous about it.

I've never understood the praise for Fairy Tail's OST. It's derivative fantasy Celtic buttrock Hackanashi synth crap with a lame reliance on public domain music like Offenbach's Can Can, Habanera], and Pomp and Circumstance. Virtually every other long battle shounen out there has better music.

Nothing wrong with Celtic buttrock. Hell, I wish it was a more prominent genre in general.

But really, I'm of the opinion some of the tracks make a lot of the fights epic and almost mask the poor animation. I mean, half of them are fitting of a final boss. If something like this doesn't pump you up, I don't know what to tell you.

Quasar

Why do you think so many of us abandoned MAL? Although that was more because we couldn't read any of the titles any more as opposed to the admin being a perspicuous idiot.

I still don't really get the hate. For the most part they use the naming method I would use, and its the option I use with hummingbird. Its not like they removed the renamed US names for shows.

Branduil

Nothing wrong with Celtic buttrock. Hell, I wish it was a more prominent genre in general.

But really, I'm of the opinion some of the tracks make a lot of the fights epic and almost mask the poor animation. I mean, half of them are fitting of a final boss. If something like this doesn't pump you up, I don't know what to tell you.

That sounds really generic to me, sorry. The low-quality synth, hilariously dumb-looking anime dude, and million links to other music videos don't help set the mood either.

Narag

Buttrock somehow actually serves to lessen the intensity that'd be present if it was just celtic only.

CorvoSol

I wish I was that rich. It is Full Metal Panic related though.

Well are you going to tell me what it is or just tease me till I burst?

Cuz lemme tell you my standards are simultaneously high and low here.

Low because just getting a model of the ARX-8 is already gonna be flipping so so so so cool.

High because dammit I'm hype.

Low because saying "FMP" already has me going.

Yami Hat, Trains, and Copious Gropage 2

Whole lot of fondling women, it's a defilement of gardens as SDbutton would put it.

This episode made more SENSE! GASP! It was relevent in regards of how the last episode ended, although it had to have a MEANWHILE AT SOME FANTASY SHRINE, WHERE WE ASSIGN SEIREN TO THE GROUP OF 3 INCOMPETENCE! Team SuiteCure is what I'll call them.

However, it's like... right at the beginning with our allegory pre-rape scene, she loses her bandages... and puts on her coat and apparently thinks she's still hiding her breast. So she's SHOCKED when someone points it out? What?

Where did Hazuki's sword abilities come from? Was it from that letter opener? I think it was.

cajunator

Banned
Yami is like opening the box to a 500-piece jigsaw puzzle, only to realize that the box only has 200 pieces along with some legos, some spray paint, and a live squirrel inside of it.

(Note: metaphors are not my strong suit)

Dont forget the antelope mukluks. Those are usually at the bottom of the box below the cheese.

A show too Yuri for SDBurton is a shocker to me.

It was too high concept yuri and just exploded his circuits. You sorta have to watch it to understand.

One of the best gifs this season.

tumblr_mq5rmgULw61r3nw4do1_500.gif

DAWWWWW SQUEEEEE

Too awkward.

It wasnt that bad. Just kind of a stupid scene imo.

I still don't really get the hate. For the most part they use the naming method I would use, and its the option I use with hummingbird. Its not like they removed the renamed US names for shows.

I don't know, I mean Paranoia Agent didn't show up as that when I looked for it to add to my completed list.

Quasar

So I get to the end of that article...

Wait, what?

Whilst I don't know law specifics, you have essentially a girl who ran away from home who had someone helping her to stay off the radar. Its not kidnapping on the face of it. I don't think there are laws regarding aiding runaways.

First off, thank you for posting Ultimate Final Death Battle.

Second: Pfft, half of them? Almost every battle theme they composed could be used in a Final Fantasy or Tales of game. And I'd play the hell out of them.

Cwarrior

Alternatively: there is no hyperbole and you (like most people) have poor taste and low standards. When faced with the reality of how terrible the garbage you eat up is your only defensive mechanism is to paint me as someone who simply dislikes almost everything.

Welcome to the club lol, if you aren't gushing rainbows about the overhyped animes animegaf are raving about but in fact refuse to swallow the hype pill but decide to look at things objectively and write your opinion accordingly explaining the pros & cons in the work also providing examples(images& referencing scenes) and explaining why may dislike it then prepare to be labeled.

It's almost like a requirement in the animegaf community that you must ride the hype train.

What's odd is that pretty much exclusive to this thread, you can go on moviegaf decided to not ride the hype train be as negative as you want in your impression and no one bother enough to dismiss your opinion or spout random insults like animegaf.

That sounds really generic to me, sorry. The low-quality synth, hilariously dumb-looking anime dude, and million links to other music videos don't help set the mood either.

If it's generic, could you point me in the direction of other stuff that sounds like that? I love this kind of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom