• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have much of a ranking right now for the Sailor Senshis. Although Makoto is pretty cool, and gives me vibes of a hentai I watched which potentially makes her the most frightening main Senshi in the group.

wonzo

Banned
I think we just found Lafiel a girlfriend.
dead.png

Guys, is there where I come to talk about....anime....? *does secret handshake*
*shiftly sits on the bench next to the the person in the fursuit*

ToLoveRu Darkness is… super interesting. *winks in a coded manner*

Also there's this gem:

ANBz2Vp.png
same guy as this lmao

tumblr_mq7x9n5DH91qghmqdo1_500.png

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
If you want something Japanese, I'd recommend Gokaiger. Its an anniversary season for Super Sentai, but you don't really need to know the rest of the seasons find it entertaining. There's also Kyoryuger, the currently running series, which is really good and funny. Other recommendations would be Jetman and Go-Busters (Since those are the only other ones I've watched).

American wise, can't go wrong with the first Power Rangers. Other good seasons would be In Space, Time Force, SPD, and RPM. RPM gets special mention because its actually rather mature and different from your average Power Rangers series.

Comedy options would be the two Akibaranger seasons. I can't really say much without giving stuff away.

As for Megaforce.... I really like it, even if that isn't the popular opinion. I'm hyped for Super Megaforce, which will be using elements from Gokaiger.

...That's as much as I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks! Yeah forgot to mention that I'm familiar with Power Rangers, watched Mighty Morphin when it first aired and I stopped watching around Ninja Storm or so. If I do decided to get into this again I'll be sure to check those shows out!

Branduil

I saw that and left it out thinking it was just some misguided fool. Nope, MAL DB admin post about posting etiquette. :lol

Why do you think so many of us abandoned MAL? Although that was more because we couldn't read any of the titles any more as opposed to the admin being a perspicuous idiot.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Speaking of SOS, congrats, Brazil:

SOS confirmed to be incapable of discerning sarcasm from a serious statement. Sorry Brazil :(

At least that MAL post trying to justify the weebification of the database that I fucking despise made it.

Narag

SOS confirmed to be incapable of discerning sarcasm from a serious statement confirmed. Sorry Brazil :(

At least that MAL post trying to justify the weebification of the database that I fucking despise made it.

Reading between the lines I can tell you submitted both!!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why do you think so many of us abandoned MAL? Although that was more because we couldn't read any of the titles any more as opposed to the admin being a perspicuous idiot.

I get the feeling that the two issues are directly related to each other.

cajunator

Banned
Y'always seem so down on yourself, Articalys. Gotta puff yourself up full of pomp and circumstance! That's the way!

Speed Grapher 1

The premise to this show sounded pretty interesting. The execution left much to be desired. While I cannot judge for certain whether the show explores the power of a camera granting people's desires with maturity, I can say that this episode, which was to set that premise up, spent most of its time showcasing the kind of "maturity" one sees in a plot written by a horny 15 year old. It's "dark," "edgy," "sexy," and "mature."

Note that this isn't really meant to be a slam on the show, just that this show really didn't suit my tastes. Either way, for those wondering what its about, the premise is a sort of post-modern Tokyo full of rich folk and poor and a lot of vice and debauchery. Enter the protagonist, a photographer who is, erm, stimulated by his work. Eventually a chance encounter grants him a camera which, as laid out above, fulfills the desires of anyone he photographs. Or something.

Definitely wasn't the kind of show I was looking for, though.

Corvy Kun you sure do pick the weirdest shows to watch. but thats alright. Just dont hurt yourself lol.

Still not a lot on pixiv for it yet, hopefully should see a lot more when it finally opens in Japan.

I did run into this one though:

Niiiiice :D

No I dropped Glass Fleet for Casshern Sins, which seems to be a wise choice so far. I might go back to finish Glass Fleet some time, but it was pretty boring.

This was supposed to follow up Maou-Sama, but it wasn't really what I was looking for, so I'm thinking Time of EVE will do instead.

Time of Eve on the other hand is EXCELLENT. Definitely watch it!
Theres a bluray set out which I got recently. Its well worth getting!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah but no one would care much about his dumb ideas, except to laugh at them, if not for the fact that he was actively ruining the MAL database at the same time.

Wasn't disagreeing with you.

Unfortunately, either SOS or the person who submitted the post missed the worst part where the admin attempts to argue that the titles aren't really in Japanese because they're written in romaji instead of kanji/kana.

Minami-ke Tadaima 8

This was without a doubt my very favorite Minami-ke episode. It had everything:

-Hosaka
-BAHBAQ BRONO DAISUKE INSERT SONG
-Chiaki being cute as fuck
-VEGETABLE MINDBREAK
-Hosaka and Chiaki duet

100/10, masterpiece, etc.

Branduil

Wasn't disagreeing with you.

Unfortunately, either SOS or the person who submitted the post missed the worst part where the admin attempts to argue that the titles aren't really in Japanese because they're written in romaji instead of kanji/kana.

Of course that's not really in Japanese, baka gaijin.

Articalys

Now solicited from Media Blasters, though not up for preorder anywhere yet:
Yamibo - Darkness, the Hat, and the Travelers of the Books

DVD
MSRP: $29.98
Japanese w/ English Sub (Stereo)
Street Date: 10/22/13

edit: they announced the license back in May, so that's been known for a while, just the release date and format are new

Narag

Oh yeah, I forgot this seminal work was too yuri even for SDBurton. Maybe firehawk is onto something with that fakeyuri accusation.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Still not licensed: Hyouka.
sentai can only afford to mangle shows nobody wants to watch. viz doesn't give a shit unless they can try and sell it to cartoon network. funimation only license pleb trash.

Minami-ke Tadaima 8

This was without a doubt my very favorite Minami-ke episode. It had everything:

-Hosaka
-BAHBAQ BRONO DAISUKE INSERT SONG
-Chiaki being cute as fuck
-VEGETABLE MINDBREAK
-Hosaka and Chiaki duet

100/10, masterpiece, etc.

I truly hope the Tadaima's simulcast held up for FUNimation. This series, along with the three previous seasons and three OVAs, really should be licensed!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Oh yeah, I forgot this seminal work was too yuri even for SDBurton. Maybe firehawk is onto something with that fakeyuri accusation.

I'm just pissed that
my girl went through all that effort just to be blown off for some bullshit excuse only to find out that the love of her life will end up being her kid in her reality. I mean, hey, yuri is yuri and that's pretty legit, but the whole 'I journeyed through multiple worlds/realities to find you' only to be fucked over just made me incredibly sour, and not even wincest could remedy that wound.

Narag

I'm just pissed that
my girl went through all that effort just to be blown off for some bullshit excuse only to find out that the love of her life will end up being her kid in her reality. I mean, hey, yuri is yuri and that's pretty legit, but the whole 'I journeyed through multiple worlds/realities to find you' only to be fucked over just made me incredibly sour, and not even wincest could remedy that wound.

There's no love more pure than that of a mother and her child!!

Instro

MJP 14

Pretty awesome action sequences there, this show is so fun to watch during combat. More than makes up for the bad stuff, i.e. 75% of the time not spent fighting. I'm behind though, I need to catch up on this and a couple other shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom