• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gatchaman Crowds Episode 8: Okay, I really didn't need the bulk of this episode to be set at a god damned pre-school. Anyway, things are progressing slowly and
The Gatchaman reveal themselves to the world and not much is becoming of it quite honestly. Berg's plans are moving forward as it takes the form of Rui and takes control of GALAX and Berg seeks out one of the disaffected Hundred in order to do things and stuff. Also, looks like OD is going to do the heroic sacrifice thing soon, or so the blindingly obvious foreshadowing portends.
I believe another commentator called Hajime a Mary Sue, they were not wrong.

Theonik

Clearly this wouldn't have happened if Majo Ruka didn't enable her.
I think it's a combination of things. Onpu's own personality is causing all this.
Ruka was the enabler early on though. Even she is telling her to stop however.
I might be completely wrong.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Le Chevalier D'Eon 21

I was totally not expecting this betrayal by Teillagory but damned if it doesn't make sense why.

And Augustus is gonna become a gargoyle? Wow, that's a nice twist.

This duel some straight up Star Wars shit and I'm so fucking down, son. So much sakuga swordplay.

From the new world - 18

This is a problem

i'm actually angry at a fictionnal character.

Shinsekai_Yori_-_18.jpg

1000 years in the future and this is still a problem ?? Damn

Anyway about the episode ...this turn of events , we could see miles ahead but i'm actually quite surprised at how it went.

cnet128

Banned
Servant x Service 9

DAMMIT HASEBE IF YOU KEEP COMING OUT WITH ANY MORE OF THESE AMAZING LINES I'M GOING TO FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU! AND NEITHER OF US WANTS THAT, NOW, DO WE?! YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH MALE STALKERS ALREADY, HAVEN'T YOU?!

Articalys

Time once again for another customer survey from your local NA anime licensor Viz Media:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1349407/VIZ-Animation-Late-Summer-Survey

Worth your time to take it since they'll pick one respondent to get two random series box sets, a random poster, some other random merch item, and a free year of Neon Alley.

edit: actually, this survey covers a lot of the stuff I was going to ask on the now-delayed-as-long-as-Despera third AnimeGAF survey, so... since we can't see their eventual data, maybe I'll steal their questions and do an AnimeGAF-only version later.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
The Count of Monte Cristo 21

Naw see, the Count should be dead because that gun is made of gold and James Bond taught me that Golden Guns are one shot kills. This show is so fucking unrealistic :p

Otherwise its fun seeing the Count's long-devised plans coming to perfect, guided fruition.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks! :3. I need to get better at painting chibis. Lots of room for improvement. :3

Chibis are actually a specific style and a lot more difficult to draw than you would think. I struggle with them too since Im more used to drawing fullsized characters.
Im sure if you look closely at all your nendos you can pick up on the cues that make chibi work.

From the new world - 08

Drastic change ?

Drastic change !

What a way to "upgrade" the casting !

i have no words

Well i do have one :

"Bonobos" !

Dont worry, that show aint done blowing your mind yet.

Nichibros > Nichijou. I enjoyed both but Nichijou most of the times it was just for the animation. When I can go a whole episode without even so much as a chuckle to myself, you done fucked up on the comedy side.

I have to agree that sometimes the humor failed spectacularly.

Dont worry, that show aint done blowing your mind yet.

Well i'm now 11 episodes later.. and seriously this is NUTS.

-------------
From the new world - 19

This episode was a clear and textbook example of how to maintain the situation high
with a simple title " DARKNESS" , this épisode was effective , clear , and tense ...
Second best episode of the show so far after ep 10.

Ps: Ditching others and try to escape by yourself ? Bad move.

cajunator

Banned
The SLA audience is usually cool, except for that one year they screened Interstella 5555 and some girl spent half of it complaining very loudly to her friends about having been taken to see an anime movie. She was, of course, told to silence her tongue in a fashion that only a Scottish gentlemen can likely muster :)

Audiences over here still kinda go nuts for Eva, though - I've not seen any of them at SLA previously, but I did see 2.0 at the BFI three or four years back. This isn't to say that anything particularly impolite was going on, and there was a good atmosphere, but to call the audience 'enthusiastic' would be a bit of an understatement. I can't say I expect the reaction to 3.0 to be quite so overwhelming, particularly given most the audience has probably seen it at this point.

I wonder what the token anime movie at the London Film Festival will be this year...

Speaking of which, I FINALLY found Interstella 5555 DVD at an anime convention and picked it up. This made me very happy. I was told the bluray sucks and to avoid it.

From what I understand, insulation is still shockingly underused in Japanese construction, so whatever gets them to use it...

Yeah you are correct. Hence kotatsus. Seems like a rather comfy way of spending winter though. It has a really charming feel to it.

Tonight I'll be rewatching in of my all time favourite shows.

You have chosen wisely.

How do you guys organize your Blurays? I want to keep shows together but sometimes they are mixed. For example for K-On, I have S1 of DVD but have S2 and the movie on Bluray.

I just organize bluray and DVD togetherand put them in alphabetical order. but since my collection is 4 bookshelves, I actually kind of arranged all four in alphabetical order so there are a variety of shows in each.

The Land Before Time>You Are Umasou

Yes. The original Land Before time is a very special movie.

Quasar

I don't know if I'd describe Kuroko from Index/Railgun as lazy.

Nor is her role as narrator in Ookami-san and the rest of that long title. Admittedly I'm not sure sarcastic narrator counts as a character. I'm actually on the lookout for decent shows that Arai Satomi is prominent in.

From the new world - 20

How many 9/10 & 10/10 episodes does this show have ?

This is crazy.

I dunno who is the mastermind behind all those attacks , but this was well-done.

What the heck is going on ?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So I was visiting a Japanese bookstore after my Japanese lesson, and I saw they were carrying the recent Hataraku Maou-sama book. I didn't buy it since I haven't read the others, but I bring it up because the back cover had some Chiho hnnnng that I felt like sharing.

Branduil

Time once again for another customer survey from your local NA anime licensor Viz Media:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1349407/VIZ-Animation-Late-Summer-Survey

Worth your time to take it since they'll pick one respondent to get two random series box sets, a random poster, some other random merch item, and a free year of Neon Alley.

edit: actually, this survey covers a lot of the stuff I was going to ask on the now-delayed-as-long-as-Despera third AnimeGAF survey, so... since we can't see their eventual data, maybe I'll steal their questions and do an AnimeGAF-only version later.

I voted for Hyouka, and other people need to do it to.

cajunator

Banned
So I was visiting a Japanese bookstore after my Japanese lesson, and I saw they were carrying the recent Hataraku Maou-sama book. I didn't buy it since I haven't read the others, but I bring it up because the back cover had some Chiho hnnnng that I felt like sharing.

I actually buy things BECAUSE of cute images like that on the cover. Yeah I have issues. I woulda bought that lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm trying to find out whether what Silver Spoon said about the best milk coming out of the nipples closest to the mother's chest and whether a piglet truly will stay with the nipple they chose.

Ojamajo Doremi #27

Sega Bass Fishing, except we're not catching Bass!

Actually it was more like find marigolds to smother all over Hana's ass, but we caught our dad potentially cheating, even though mom is with a bunch of dudes.

Metrotab

Banned
Love Lab - 9

This was simply a fantastic episode! It hit all the right notes, varied up drama and comedy well, and focused on my 2 favorite characters of the cast and their relationship (VP-Treasury).

This show keeps impressing me every week.

From the new world - 21

This is such a despicable plan... but it's a working plan ..

unlike other show where there is a clear opposition between human and another species( shiki for example ) where the line between who was right and who was wrong was blurred , here it's clearly not.. At least that's what i think.

Sure the humans made some mistakes ( they always do ) but damn if i'm not rooting for them ATM.

jman2050

Love Lab 9

Teachers got played like a fiddle. Everyone had some great moments here, and of course
Makio Evolved
was the best.

Articalys

saimoe back after one day break
08/30: Round 1, Group C Day 1

C01
1st 159 (41.41%) Yuzuko Nonohara @ Yuyushiki
2nd 137 (35.68%) Yuuki Kataoka @ Saki
3rd 55 (14.32%) Yuiko Kurugaya @ Little Busters!
4th 33 (8.59%) Orange Pekoe @ Girls Und Panzer

C04
1st 191 (52.19%) Azusa Azuki @ Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko
2nd 88 (24.04%) Shinobu Oshino @ Nekomonogatari Black
3rd 87 (23.77%) Elucia De Lute Irma @ The World God Only Knows

C07
1st 165 (42.86%) Mihoko Fukuji @ Saki
2nd 151 (39.22%) Hana Isuzu @ Girls Und Panzer
3rd 69 (17.92%) Morgiana @ Magi

C10
1st 148 (42.65%) Tamako Kitashirakawa @ Tamako Market
2nd 106 (30.55%) Millhiore F. Biscotti @ Dog Days
3rd 93 (26.80%) Mael Strom @ Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Done my duty.

[/QUOTE]

I put Hyouka too, but only because I couldn't think of anything else. Why do people like Hyouka that much anyway? I thought the first arc was gold and then it just fell off a cliff and landed in some spikes. Spelunky style.

Danganronpa: The Animation Episode 9 All All Apologies II
tumblr_msdbt1iJgg1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Dull reveal and dull sob story, but at least Naegs is a strong individual. Really like his character and how hes been getting through this ordeal.
The letter made it seem as if their bodies is alter, I wonder if it is in such a way that they cant die or something. Wonder what may happen. Anime would be wholly redeemed if that is the cast, I want Chihiro and Alter Ego and most importantly Ishimaru back even.

rpmurphy

Ah, neat.

Although, maybe it's my American sensibilities, but for 300 bucks, I almost expected something a bit more extravagant.

Then I remembered that each volume was probably 80 bucks. lol
Yeah, I figured this was the most affordable way to obtain a BR version of the entire series. I'm happy enough for just that.
I bought it when it was 25,000 yen though (including shipping)... I guess the price went up since then! :eek:

cnet128

Banned
saimoe back after one day break

Fuck yeah Yuzuko putting some random Saki girl in her place!

Fuck yeah Azuki Azusa! Sorry, Shinobu, but I think the most moe girl won.

Aw hells yeah Tamako. Who needs sales when you have Saimoe votes?!

...M-Mor? Mor?! MOOOOOOOOOR!!!! T_T

idG2LaPqdCmlg.png

A man can dream...

The Japanese Blu-rays have English subs, don't they? I mean, yeah, you might need to sell a kidney to get them, but unless the subs are absolutely terrible, you could get your Jojo on Blu-ray fix.

Speaking of which, I'm so mad I don't have enough money to spare for ASB. It seems like I'm the only Jojo fan in the world who isn't buying it right now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I figured this was the most affordable way to obtain a BR version of the entire series. I'm happy enough for just that.
I bought it when it was 25,000 yen though (including shipping)... I guess the price went up since then! :eek:
Yeah, that's fair. I like Nichijou, but I don't think I could do it. Hell, I love Yamato, but at 80 per volume, I can't do it.

I don't think I can hold strong when the Aria BD box comes out though. It's going to be more expensive than a PS4. lol

I put Hyouka too, but only because I couldn't think of anything else. Why do people like Hyouka that much anyway? I thought the first arc was gold and then it just fell off a cliff and landed in some spikes. Spelunky style.

Eh? The first arc was the weakest. The film arc had a stunning conclusion, and the festival arc was a whirlwind of color and life. I can't fathom how anyone would prefer the first arc to those two.

Metrotab

Banned
Attack on Titan - 20

This show is soooo much more enjoyable once you start rooting for the bad guys. Should have done that earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom