• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novid

Banned
Neptunia the animation - 08

R-18 island !

Fanservice episode !

and .... it delivered !

Very happy to see that they are shipping nepgear & vert together ....despite all odds this is not a bad couple..... ( in fiction )
This episode delivered , entrance exam, mysterious light beams .. plutia transformation ( what a voice ), swimsuits ,
shyness drug
.... this was excellent on all points except ... the sheer stupidity of histoire-sama and the rest of the cast home.

In short that wasn't a bad episode , especially given the content ... i guess the next arc is starting , now.

why ship Vert when she smutting for sum shota. They should be shipping Nep and Blanc because there about be in the same place in a couple of years - regardless of what Platinum wants to become (a second party for a dying producer)

ill see the ep over the weekend, we need a second season with more Noire, Uni, and their upgrades.

Gatchaman Crowds - 08

What is going on in the mind of hajime ? I HAVE NO IDEA ..but damn if the kindergarden presentation wasn't a balsy move ..and like totally unexpected.

This episode was even more enjoyable since i've listened to the soundtrack

why ship Vert when she smutting for sum shota. They should be shipping Nep and Blanc because there about be in the same place in a couple of years - regardless of what Platinum wants to become (a second party for a dying producer)

i'm shipping them because they look good in fiction.
Why let real life get in the way of ridiculous pairing and delicious shipping !!

Novid

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds - 08

i'm shipping them because they look good in fiction.
Why let real life get in the way of ridiculous pairing and delicious shipping !!

while true, sadly the franchise isn't Titan tier in fame, otherwise their would be a lot more companies for vert to flirt with.

Fate kaleid riner - 08

This episode didn't have action nor was that fun to watch .. it was however one of the few episodes where normal thing happen in the first season.
Is this anime 12 eps ?
Even if they start the next fight this episode , are they going to last 4 eps with just that ? ( i say this knowing the story ) i wonder what they will have in store for the last episode then.
The show is 10 episodes long.

while true, sadly the franchise isn't Titan tier in fame, otherwise their would be a lot more companies for vert to flirt with.
Oh don't worry , they have added plenty of things already ... and they have even more companies on the way i guess i'm not worried.
I don't think neptunia is going to stop now so for the 4th saga , maybe it'll be time to reset the cast and finally give Vert the sister she deserve.

The show is 10 episodes long.

Oh that explain it then.

Wait that mean:

Ep 9 is :
berserker appearance and first death
Ep 10 is :
The finale ?

Argh i already want a second season already.

Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc 1-2

I actually like some of the changes they made and the more serious tone and such, but this is probably some of the worst pacing I have ever seen in an anime and I really fucking mean that. I wish this had just been an entire season rather than 2 ova's. Why do this shit to such a classic? Somebody fix this shit. 27 episodes was WAYYYYY too much to compress.

/childhood memories ruined, forever sad etc.

I'm just annoyed by the whole thing.

Gatchaman Crowds 08

Nice episode. Definitely feels like the characters have changed due to Hajime's influence and all this build up is definitely leading to something great.

Articalys

So apparently some enterprising fans figured out that the model for Nagisa's room is the first result when you search for アメリカ 子供部屋 (American child's room) on Google Images.
3VvZJek.jpg

Squealer was right.

A true champion of the people. Well, the monster rat people, any way.

He was right , but he certainly was evil regardless of his reasons.
I don't think the problem was who was right and who was wrong , especially in this case

I don't consider him evil. He was a revolutionary fighting against a corrupt system. You can say that he didn't follow certain rules of engagement, but the humans had already violated all of those, anyway. He was completely dedicated to freeing his people, even if he had to bloody his hands.

If you aren't paying a lot of thought to this, he can come across as evil, but that's because the audience sees things from the perspective of Saki and Satoru, who don't really comprehend just how messed up their society is, and how awful things are for the monster rats. I think this is one of the most interesting elements of From the New World. It presents the entire series from the perspective of the members of the privileged elite who are unaware of their privilege, so many things seem unfathomable to them, but are actually quite defensible. Only at the very end after hearing his final speech do Saki and Satoru start to really grasp where he was coming from.

The slave metaphor also gets even stronger in the final episode, with Squealer refusing the 'normal' name his masters' generously gave him, and reclaiming his ancestral name which the humans all mock because it sounds funny.

When abolishing slavery is at stake, I don't think any of the actions he took should be considered off the table. This isn't to say his actions were things which I would consider good if taken in a vacuum. They did some really bad shit. But they were slaves to a corrupt system, and there was no way out. Kiroumaru's attempts at being a collaborator didn't get him any better off in the end.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Moretsu Pirates/Bodacious Space Pirates Episode 23: So it would seem the might of Empire has descended onto the little system of Tau Ceti as it turns out the Galactic Empire does indeed have its own set of Privateers and the actions of the grand cross may be the work of Cipher Pol 9. Anyway, these backwater pirates don't stand a chance in the face of such technological marvels so after a bit of faffing about a new alliance of pirates has been called forth, but woe to the Bentenmaru as the Grand Cross has found them before the joint forces can be alligned.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow. I think you've won the Internet. This has got to be the first M*A*S*H gif meme I've ever seen. lol

I had a great one in ToonamiGAF last week during SAO. Been making my way through the series so I've been making some as I go.

Seriously though, we're getting a Seki-kun anime? MangaGAF burned me already today when it comes to this series, so don't toy with me guys.

I had a great one in ToonamiGAF last week during SAO. Been making my way through the series so I've been making some as I go.

Seriously though, we're getting a Seki-kun anime? MangaGAF burned me already today when it comes to this series, so don't toy with me guys.

We've known about it for a while. We just didn't know when it would start.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Is it sick of me to think it'd be funny if you made a gif of (late season spoilers) Hawkeye
freaking out when he finds out he ordered the Korean woman to kill her baby?
lol

And, I suppose a lot of Radar and Klinger moments are instantly giffable. Probably some of the early season stuff when the show was a lot more slapstickey and not trying to be a serious war drama (Five O'Clock Charlie comes to mind).

CorvoSol

Has science anime gone too far?
NONONONONONO THING I NEVER WANTED TO SEE

Glass Fleet 24

I'm going to miss the OP, at least.

-Stabbing Ralph cements Rachel as the best character. Shit's straight out of School Days. Betty's tortured Rachel so much, and now she's fucking ruined him.
-Feel bad for Betty, since the oracle was all "Destiny required you to suffer some hardships" and "Cleo suffered, too!" and yet, well, Cleo wasn't like, frequently raped and molested like Betty, so that shit is wrong.
-Glad that Betty turned down the team up, because that team up was gonna suck.
-Imer getting stabbed was the cherry on the Sundae of unnecessary melodrama.

Theonik

Oh shoot, that reminds me, I should check if the blu-rays are almost finished releasing. Then I can finally get on with my watch of the 2012(13?) JoJo.
The 9th volume releases in September so that's 3-4 more to go after that.

Must be a C-tier project for Bandai Visual if they actually bothered to upload it to Youtube in HD without region locking it. :p
You know the real sad part is that's probably true. Though we knew it was so already when they announced it in a US con.

Oh so I was RIGHT to think that that audio was from the same label as that Yandere CD.
Yandere CD is good btw. Dunno if I wanna bother with this one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom