• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime |10th Dimensional OT| the first ignoble truth: all of life is anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corpse Party Tortured Souls 3

Jesus fuck, they're not pulling any punches here at all. This may be the most explicit showing of children getting maimed and killed in anime in years, maybe ever (though I haven't seen that one Violence Jack OVA). This is actually kind of upsetting.

Also doesn't seem like they're following the game anymore, what with
Yuka and Yoshiki getting killed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eh? The first arc was the weakest. The film arc had a stunning conclusion, and the festival arc was a whirlwind of color and life. I can't fathom how anyone would prefer the first arc to those two.
If nothing else, the only reason why the film arc works is because of things like the Uncle thing showing Oreki's supposed genius.

From the new world 22 & 23

Hardest show to put down i've seen in years.
This arc is just quite intense ..and i have no idea how it will end

Another 9/10 episode.

cajunator

Banned
Seems thing came in earlier than expected

Needs better stand pieces.

Grats! Shes lovely!

Time once again for another customer survey from your local NA anime licensor Viz Media:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1349407/VIZ-Animation-Late-Summer-Survey

Worth your time to take it since they'll pick one respondent to get two random series box sets, a random poster, some other random merch item, and a free year of Neon Alley.

edit: actually, this survey covers a lot of the stuff I was going to ask on the now-delayed-as-long-as-Despera third AnimeGAF survey, so... since we can't see their eventual data, maybe I'll steal their questions and do an AnimeGAF-only version later.

Is there a question about renewing licenses? They should bring back Full Moon Wo Sagashite and fully release it Instead of selling me 7 discs and cutting ghe series off. Fucking Viz.

zeroshiki

"cute girls"

Dresden outed as being a superficial fraud!!!

If nothing else, the only reason why the film arc works is because of things like the Uncle thing showing Oreki's supposed genius.

Which is further proof of the strength of Hyouka as a whole. The later parts only work because of the care taken in establishing the character of each member in the earlier parts.

Shergal

Eh? The first arc was the weakest. The film arc had a stunning conclusion, and the festival arc was a whirlwind of color and life. I can't fathom how anyone would prefer the first arc to those two.

I prefer the first arc to the film arc. It was better directed overall (save for episode 11), and it sets the overall theme of rose/grey (both narratively and visually) that'll come back later, after the festival ends.
I think the first arc suffered from the show just starting and people not being familiar or interested enough in the characters. When I went back to rewatch it, it seemed to me that it was really solid on all fronts.

Festival is still the greatest thing ever.

Finalow

I'm watching Princess Tutu-

tumblr_mcy9e0CwfG1qbf4mio1_500.gif

neko sensei clearly best chara.

From the new world - 24 & 25

Well this show blurred the lines at the end... and it certainly put in perspective what squealer has done .
I mean his character was much better as a result but even then i just can't get past the feelign i had during the second part of the show. He comes as a necessary evil in the end but characters like kikoumarou struck me more not because he was obdient but because he was more stable in his actions.

However with this ending i'm left with the feelign that i've seen something trully great but with an intense feelign of sadness because this trully was a fight for survival , on both sides.

I guess the real problem is that the ones that created this mess many many years ago had hidden too many secrets to hope for a peacefull solution.

In the end i guess i was trully sad to see some characters die , ( even if it was off-screen ) ..this is a proof that the characterisation was well done because you care for them ( friend or foe) and as this regard i'd say :

From the new world is without a doubt a must-see for an anime fan

So actually I took a look at my avatar and forgot that no one has licensed Beelzebub in the US yet. So I voted for Beelzebub. I don't really care who licenses Beelzebub, I just hope they give baby Beel a diaper like when it aired on TV in certain regions. Even though
it's a running gag that Beel hates wearing clothes
, I just like him with a diaper better.

I for some reason thought there would be a manga section too. Someone fucking bring Tonnura-san over here. Make like a 12~ minute episode series out of it too.

Angel Tales end

Well that was disappointing. After the first few episodes, the girls barely showed any animal characteristics at all. They barely even touched on their phobias, lives as animals, how they died, and now in the final episode they introduce the concept of originals without doing a single thing with it? Make up your damn minds on which plot points you want to use! :/

Defuser

Gatchaman crowds ep 8

Berg Kathz's Rui Rui version looks damn scary. And yes Hirano Aya you are a loser, no need to lament on it.

Squealer was right.
He was right , but he certainly was evil regardless of his reasons.
I don't think the problem was who was right and who was wrong , especially in this case

Its always weird seeing these statements and then going to look at the sales of must see series :(

I think its first and second arc were must watch, didnt like how it all resolved in the end.

i honnestly think the last arc was disturbing , but most of the anime was ... It went fully on the theme of sacrifice ( on both sides ) The end of teh last arc just showed that nothing was sinless and both sides had aresponsability even if in the end the human prevailed it did end on the fact that human society changed little by little.

cnet128

Banned
Gatchaman Crowds 8

Good stuff, but all buildup and no action just leaves me wanting moooooore. What do you mean I have to wait a whole week for the next episode T_T

Watching the Gatchamen interacting with the kids was fun. Creepy Berg Katze is creepy. Useless Rui is useless.

cajunator

Banned
You've seen it off-screen, but here's the first PV for Space Dandy again, this time in glorious direct-feed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o480GrsQGmo

Looks dandy indeed. Looking forward to the zany antics.

I'm watching Princess Tutu-

tumblr_mcy9e0CwfG1qbf4mio1_500.gif

neko sensei clearly best chara.

Yes. An angry talking cat that threatens to marry his students is the makings of a fun character.
also congrats on starting a classic. Youll love it.
watch the dub cause Luci Christian is cuuuuuuuuuuute.

Fate kaleid riner - 08

This episode didn't have action nor was that fun to watch .. it was however one of the few episodes where normal thing happen in the first season.
Is this anime 12 eps ?
Even if they start the next fight this episode , are they going to last 4 eps with just that ? ( i say this knowing the story ) i wonder what they will have in store for the last episode then.

Jewelpet Kira Deco! 1

I was a bit hesitant to start watching this because as far as I can recall, I've never watched a show that was somewhat based around selling toys to various little girls around Japan. Luckily I am neither a little girl nor do I have money! Behind what seems like that sort of show is a damn good comedy with incredible timing and a cast of incredibly adorable thingamawhatsits. Also there was Miyukichi almost everywhere, to that alpaca riding police Jewelpet (who doesn't talk that much, which I'm slightly upset about!), an ojou-sama unicorn with a bad attitude, some sort of dog thing and a lady on a cooking TV show. This gon' be a good time.

Damn straight. Like I said in my initial impressions, there's a distinctly appreciable comedic timing that makes the whole thing hilarious.

The scene in my screencap along with the one after it gave me a pretty hardy laugh that only few shows are capable of doing. Really looking forward to the rest of the series.

Syrinx

Nisemonogatari 7

Is there a reason that Araragi's sisters were in bed naked cuddling each other? Whatever, the important thing is, Araragi scored with Senjougahara (I think). Hooray!

That whole exchange with Kaiki...I don't know how to put it. It seems like he determined even before the encounter that there was nothing more to be gained by staying in this town; he had already run that well dry. Yet he confronts Araragi and Senjougahara anyway, and says some pretty awful things to Senjougahara along the way, saying that she had become boring. He told her that the man who tried to rape her was killed by a car, driving home the point that her search for justice and closure toward the people who hurt her was a waste of time and energy. He may have a point that she's hung up on the past, but this is a guy who goes around coning people, not excluding children, out of their money. I feel like him telling her to get over the past rings a bit hollow when it seems like it's merely an excuse to overlook his past transgressions, particularly when he's so unrepentant about them.

Neptunia the animation - 08
Hyperdimension%20Neptunia%20The%20Animation%20-%2008_01.jpg

This is a gintama-like title !
R-18 island !

Fanservice episode !

and .... it delivered !

Hyperdimension%20Neptunia%20The%20Animation%20-%2008_02.jpg

Just AS planned !

Very happy to see that they are shipping nepgear & vert together ....despite all odds this is not a bad couple..... ( in fiction )
This episode delivered , entrance exam, mysterious light beams .. plutia transformation ( what a voice ), swimsuits ,
shyness drug
.... this was excellent on all points except ... the sheer stupidity of histoire-sama and the rest of the cast home.

In short that wasn't a bad episode , especially given the content ... i guess the next arc is starting , now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom